IGNORED

Review - D Hotel Soi Buakhao

ringadingding

Anyone stayed here more recently? I'm content with everything apart from the pool having no parasol's (shade), hopefully things have changed, pool towels would be good too. Any updates gent's?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slalom said:

Anyone stayed here more recently? I'm content with everything apart from the pool having no parasol's (shade), hopefully things have changed, pool towels would be good too. Any updates gent's?

They put an awning up on the roof near the pool in March using a huge crane. Done in an afternoon quite efficiently.

I just pack a towel, not a big issue for me.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

On 18/08/2018 at 22:29, gazman said:

Anyone have any recent stays here as I'm looking at it for November!

Any issues with surrounding noise i.e. roosters, dogs etc.

Thanks. 

No noisy roosters. A couple of quite easygoing dogs in front of the laundry always on the lookout for a pat etc

November no weekly rate, their High Season starts 1 November to end February so B1600 pn or B35000 per month for the front facing Superior rooms.

Adviseable to book fairly early either direct or Agoda etc.

3 minutes ago, Zeb said:

No noisy roosters. A couple of quite easygoing dogs in front of the laundry always on the lookout for a pat etc

November no weekly rate, their High Season starts 1 November to end February so B1600 pn or B35000 per month for the front facing Superior rooms.

Adviseable to book fairly early either direct or Agoda etc.

I think gazman meant November 2018. 

19 minutes ago, Zeb said:

They put an awning up on The Roof near the pool in March using a huge crane. Done in an afternoon quite efficiently.

I just pack a towel, not a big issue for me.

Thanks for your response Zeb. Does the awning protect well from the sun? I burn all too easily. 

16 hours ago, slalom said:

Thanks for your response Zeb. Does the awning protect well from the sun? I burn all too easily. 

Well if you are under it I guess you are OK. But its does not cover the entire area.

I didn't get a picture of it - which is what you probably really need.

Maybe someone might post a picture ?

Just like April Suites and Sleep with Me ...all are quite nice and very affordable...just the location sucks IMO...

• 2 weeks later...
Well if you are under it I guess you are OK. But its does not cover the entire area.
I didn't get a picture of it - which is what you probably really need.
Maybe someone might post a picture ?
There is a decent sized area that's under cover. b5aef487192d250aade918cace7e7488.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

The undercover area for the pool. Fantastic. One of the major things putting me off this hotel. No pool shade. Now that problem is solved.

So opinions please. Is this hotel better than April Suites & August Suites for a first timer.

Looking for a pool, good location and king size bed preferable. Thanks in Advance

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

14 minutes ago, Jagaar said:

So opions please. Is this hotel better than April Suites & August Suites for a first timer.

I've stayed in all three and in my opinion D Hotel is the best; it's location virtually on Soi Buakhao is just a bit better than the two - easy and quick access to everywhere plus you have everything you need (bars, restaurants, TT exchange, 7/11s, laundries, food markets, massage places etc literally right on your doorstep)

Its more modern too (certainly than August Suites which is showing its age) and the staff are very efficient and professional. Rooms big and spacious, double bed comfortable and get a high floor in the superior rooms at the front and you have some fantastic views; the views on the roof from the pool are pretty much unbeatable anyway.

Only thing is that there is no gym in D hotel if that matters to you but...Tony's Gym is a 5 minute walk away at the Soi Buakhao night market.

Thanks PR1977

• 1 month later...

Stayed here on my last trip in a front facing superior room on the sixth floor.

Room, Bed, Air Con, Bathroom, Room Cleaning, Swimming Pool, Staff, Location all 10/10.

In fact everything was perfect.

WIFI worked fine for me, though you do have to log in every four hours and the password works for a week after which you have to ask for another from the reception.

No noise from roosters when in the room, I did hear a couple of very faint crows whilst in the corridor as the windows were ajar.

Slept well everynight and most of the morning.

• 1 month later...

Very impressive reviews except the dogs and roosters, I’m a dog lover so can tolerate dogs but that damn rooster needs to be roasted. I generally stay at bay breeze or Maytara, is this place better then those two and are there good BF’s in the neighbourhood bars. I don’t mind stretching a few hundred bhats but prefer a room facing the Soi, do the deluxe and superior rooms face the Soi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

18 hours ago, raviinc said:

Very impressive reviews except the dogs and roosters, I’m a dog lover so can tolerate dogs but that damn rooster needs to be roasted. I generally stay at bay breeze or Maytara, is this place better then those two and are there good BF’s in the neighbourhood bars. I don’t mind stretching a few hundred bhats but prefer a room facing the Soi, do the deluxe and superior rooms face the Soi?

Stayed there twice this year, once on 2nd floor and once on 5th and never heard any noise from roosters or dogs...

DH definitely better that Maytara IMHO, never stayed at Bay Breeze so don't know about that but from what I can see and have read I would suspect DH trumps that too.

Loads of local bars with some not too bad looking girls in New Plaza and also in that stretch between the RCon chicane and New Plaza.

The Superior Rooms only face the Soi (Standard and Deluxe face the D Apt at the rear) and if you get one on a high floor (5-7) you have some great views all the way to Jomtien. These rooms are 1400 a night if you book direct with the hotel.

On 21/04/2019 at 04:19, Jagaar said:

So opinions please. Is this hotel better than April Suites & August Suites for a first timer

I've stayed at April Suites two times and D hotel 1 time, it's pretty close both are great value.

Stayed there twice this year, once on 2nd floor and once on 5th and never heard any noise from roosters or dogs...
DH definitely better that Maytara IMHO, never stayed at Bay Breeze so don't know about that but from what I can see and have read I would suspect DH trumps that too.
Loads of local bars with some not too bad looking girls in New Plaza and also in that stretch between the RCon chicane and New Plaza.
The Superior Rooms only face the Soi (Standard and Deluxe face the D Apt at the rear) and if you get one on a high floor (5-7) you have some great views all the way to Jomtien. These rooms are 1400 a night if you book direct with the hotel.

Thanks for the info. I generally stay in Areca, Maytara or Bay Breeze mainly for the location. My hunting grounds are mainly confined to LK area, Bakauo, Lenkee, Soi honey qnd sometimes beach road birds, spend 75% of my short holidays in these areas. So the minor challenge staying in D hotel to reach these locations is walking through the mad unruly traffic on Soi Bakauo. But despite this hazard I have decided to stay here this time. Surprisingly despite the low season Agoda indicates that during my dates next month the superior rooms are sold out and only standard and deluxe are available. Just want to know how are the standard and deluxe rooms?

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

9 hours ago, raviinc said:

Thanks for the info. I generally stay in Areca, Maytara or Bay Breeze mainly for the location. My hunting grounds are mainly confined to LK area, Bakauo, Lenkee, Soi honey qnd sometimes beach road birds, spend 75% of my short holidays in these areas. So the minor challenge staying in D Hotel to reach these locations is walking through the mad unruly traffic on Soi Bakauo. But despite this hazard I have decided to stay here this time. Surprisingly despite the low season Agoda indicates that during my dates next month the superior rooms are sold out and only standard and deluxe are available. Just want to know how are the standard and deluxe rooms?

Why not take bahtbus? 

Superior rooms are often sold out in Agoda

Yesterday I send email to d hotel and ask is there any superior rooms. Because Agoda says is full booked. 

They answer yes there is and put more free rooms to Agoda

Tried looking at Agoda for late May 2020 into June. Not showing any availability at all.

Tried some random dates in March & April. Nothing available. hotel Website appears not to be working either. 

Tried Booking.com and standard,  superior and deluxe are all available.

Pays to check a few different sources I guess

9 hours ago, Jagaar said:

Tried looking at Agoda for late May 2020 into June. Not showing any availability at all.

I have a theory, D hotel releases small amounts of rooms to Agoda at cheap prices when needed. May 2020 could be to far in advance but keep checking back.

10 hours ago, Jagaar said:

Tried some random dates in March & April. Nothing available. Hotel Website appears not to be working either. 

Tried Booking.com and standard,  superior and deluxe are all available.

Pays to check a few different sources I guess

Try booking direct with the hotel. Just go to their web site and send an email asking about availability for your dates. You might find that booking direct is cheaper if staying in weekly blocks, this info is all available on their web page.

3 hours ago, barmatt said:

Try booking direct with the hotel. Just go to their web site and send an email asking about availability for your dates. You might find that booking direct is cheaper if staying in weekly blocks, this info is all available on their web page.

Yep, correct.

They don't offer a weekly discount during peak season, i.e. November to end February but otherwise stays over 7 days are 1,100  B per night.

email them direct is good advice.

12 hours ago, barmatt said:

I would, but the web page appears to be down. http://www.dhotelpattaya.com/

1 minute ago, barmatt said:

Try their email address

[email protected]

Thanks. Will do

Archived