Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - D Hotel Soi Buakhao

ringadingding

36 minutes ago, Terryofcrete said:

I was loving this hotel from your review until you got to the towels for the pool and no balcony chairs. Hard to keep the bathroom toweld clean and dry especially when you need towlfor the “visitor” 

Yeah I brought my own beach towel and used it for the pool.

I really don't think there would be any problem though asking the maid for an extra towel...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Yeah I brought my own beach towel and used it for the pool.

I really don't think there would be any problem though asking the maid for an extra towel...

Thank you for the response. Yes, I have asked before for both myself and my BF , if I have one at one other hotel that did not supply pool towels. Just do not have the space to be packing suchthings. May I ask you if the wifi is actually good . I really rely on decent wifi. Thanks ! Staying the Areca Lodge at the moment and the wifi is bad ! Disconnecting every few minutes and going missing on me ! Pisses me off . 

1 minute ago, Terryofcrete said:

Thank you for the response. Yes, I have asked before for both myself and my BF , if I have one at one other hotel that did not supply pool towels. Just do not have the space to be packing suchthings. May I ask you if the wifi is actually good . I really rely on decent wifi. Thanks ! Staying the Areca Lodge at the moment and the wifi is bad ! Disconnecting every few minutes and going missing on me ! Pisses me off . 

It is a fair point - you do expect pool towels. Its a mystery that they don't have them either up at the pool or at reception if they're worried about patrons stealing them. There is a guy who goes around with a cart selling towels and I've seen them in the Soi Buakhow market etc so maybe buying one for a couple of weeks and just leaving it (or giving it to your last barfine - lucky girl :)) is an option. Can't cost more than a couple of hundred baht maybe.

The WIFI is very good, yes. You get a card with ID and log in which has to be re-entered each time (at least if you're technically illiterate like me and can't set up your device to connect automatically) and is valid for a week when they'll give you a new one (although if you lose the ID before the week is up or need more than one then I don't see that being an issue) but I never had a problem, not once, with either speed or access. If you're logged in and actively using the device it didn't cut out.

The lobby WIFI connects automatically and there is plenty of space to work or surf in the expansive foyer area. 

1 hour ago, PR1977 said:

It is a fair point - you do expect pool towels. Its a mystery that they don't have them either up at the pool or at reception if they're worried about patrons stealing them. There is a guy who goes around with a cart selling towels and I've seen them in the Soi Buakhow market etc so maybe buying one for a couple of weeks and just leaving it (or giving it to your last barfine - lucky girl :)) is an option. Can't cost more than a couple of hundred baht maybe.

The WIFI is very good, yes. You get a card with ID and log in which has to be re-entered each time (at least if you're technically illiterate like me and can't set up your device to connect automatically) and is valid for a week when they'll give you a new one (although if you lose the ID before the week is up or need more than one then I don't see that being an issue) but I never had a problem, not once, with either speed or access. If you're logged in and actively using the device it didn't cut out.

The lobby WIFI connects automatically and there is plenty of space to work or surf in the expansive foyer area. 

Thank you so much for that information. Iam booked in now til my trip ends but I will be back in November and will certailly keep it in mind . Much appreciated. Terry

I stayed here last april during songkran.

hotel is really value for money. Lovely pool.

Big shower...good for two :)

Clean could be emproved, and also if you leave room after 15.00 they don't make up the room. I usually come back at 7 with lady so if you like to go out and hangover in the night, wake up before 15.00 can be a bit hard

Also the engine of aircon is on the balcony...

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 05:06, PR1977 said:

The clientele?

Single, western men. Virtually all Aus, USA and Europe.

Excellent!  At Nova Gold last June,  Indian woman just walked up and butted in while female Thai receptionist and I were finalizing our discussion - as if the discussion was not happening or I was not there!?!?!?  Grrrr...

Promptly told her that my discussion was not completed and she should wait her turn.  Thai lady backed me up completely and also gave this ignorant bitch a mild serve.

Certainly not suggesting all Indians are this ignorant - but we do learn from what we experience first hand IMHO.

On 23.9.2017 at 15:00, Terryofcrete said:

I was loving this hotel from your review until you got to the towels for the pool and no balcony chairs. Hard to keep the bathroom toweld clean and dry especially when you need towlfor the “visitor” 

Go to market and buy cheap towel on pool?

1 hour ago, miesnalle said:

Go to market and buy cheap towel on pool?

Yes of course . 2, one for LTBF also ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2017 at 09:43, Barhop said:

Excellent!  At Nova Gold last June,  Indian woman just walked up and butted in while female Thai receptionist and I were finalizing our discussion - as if the discussion was not happening or I was not there!?!?!?  Grrrr...

Promptly told her that my discussion was not completed and she should wait her turn.  Thai lady backed me up completely and also gave this ignorant bitch a mild serve.

Certainly not suggesting all Indians are this ignorant - but we do learn from what we experience first hand IMHO.

Second last trip I was driven insane by the Behavior of the Indian guests At my hotel, especially at breakfast. They just wouldn't sit down ! Eating overfilled plates of food standing ! The girls in the bar across the road said they would not go with any of them because one would BF a lady and when she got to the loom there were 3 guys ! Like the above poster I am sure not all behave like this but it was an eye opener ! 

Stayed there in September for 14 nights. It was very nice. Must have one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in any hotel in Pattaya. Stayed in room 306 I think and it faced onto the Soi. 

Everything was good - wifi, AC, Cleaning & Location. The only downer was the damn rooster who was constant in his cockadoodle do but I think if you had the standard room at the back you wouldn't hear him.

Had a couple of meals downstairs in the lobby and the Tom Yum Goong was very good as was the Pad Krapow.

I would gladly stay there again as the price on Agoda was very good. They are booked out for Christmas so staying in Soi Lengkee.

I really liked the location as was close to lot of bars - Marquee Bar directly across the road, and very good eatery in Take Away - I recommend the Penang Chicken from here - Aroi mak mak

22528010_1651001064956438_6104488827590917590_n.jpg

22549970_1651003964956148_5486380684011344397_n.jpg

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:55, JonnyR said:

Stayed there in September for 14 nights. It was very nice. Must have one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in any hotel in Pattaya. Stayed in room 306 I think and it faced onto the Soi. 

Everything was good - wifi, AC, Cleaning & Location. The only downer was the damn rooster who was constant in his cockadoodle do but I think if you had the standard room at the back you wouldn't hear him.

haha Yes I remember that pesky rooster heard him every morning without fail and I was in a std room next to the lifts.

• 1 month later...

I was going to book there however the reports of the roosters in the neighbouring property put me off...I like my sleep.

On 10/20/2017 at 13:55, JonnyR said:

Had a couple of meals downstairs in the lobby and the Tom Yum Goong was very good as was the Pad Krapow.

I would gladly stay there again as the price on Agoda was very good. They are booked out for Christmas so staying in Soi Lengkee.

I really liked the location as was close to lot of bars - Marquee Bar directly across the road, and very good eatery in Take Away - I recommend the Penang Chicken from here - Aroi mak mak

Thanks for the info I will look at putting it on my shortlist for March.

I was staying there in October/November just recently couldn't fault the place at all,but do be aware you will charged 300 Baht for a second lady.

• 2 weeks later...

D Apartment, D Xpress and D hotel all have strict polices on any damages and they have a price listing

in most rooms containing prices for damage to towels, bedding and furnishing.

D Apartment, D Xpress and D Hotel all have strict polices on any damages and they have a price listing

in most rooms containing prices for damage to towels, bedding and furnishing.

Anyone has the price listing? Wanted to see if they are reasonable. For a 250B towel why would anyone pay 3000B fine.

On 15/12/2017 at 14:15, gazman said:

I was going to book there however the reports of the roosters in the neighbouring property put me off...I like my sleep.

I'm looking for an alternative to the Travelodge but reports of cocks crowing is also putting me off.

Last trip I took a walk over there to check out the location and I don't recall hearing any farmyard noises but it was dusk so maybe they'd gone to bed.

300 Baht for a second lady I could live with as it wouldn't be every night (If at all);  but in a view of the hotel's conditions in Bangkok112's video of the hotel it indicates that they charge a 3% surcharge when paying by credit card.

When I extended my stay at the VT6 they had a 3% surcharge for paying with credit cards. Is this standard in Pattaya, I don't know. I decided to just pay with bahts

4 minutes ago, burgher said:

When I extended my stay at the VT6 they had a 3% surcharge for paying with credit cards. Is this standard in Pattaya, I don't know. I decided to just pay with bahts

No surcharge at Premier Inn / Travelodge.

In Bangkok no surcharge at Red Planet and Ibis hotels.

16 hours ago, darpra said:

Anyone has the price listing? Wanted to see if they are reasonable. For a 250B towel why would anyone pay 3000B fine.

I had a look at the price listing nothing that expensive 3000B but cannot remember prices for towels.

Archived