Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - D Hotel Soi Buakhao

ringadingding

On 9/6/2016 at 3:25 PM, ringadingding said:

Cleaners were even better who never turned down any request. I always got lots of extra towels abd anything that I wanted that they could provide.

This mean boom boom is option?

They call me ROBINHOOD, captain TEAM FARANG!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jorgethepussylover said:

This mean boom boom is option?

Of course. But remember the rule "Never shit where you eat". Jealousy can be really bad and could get your room really cleaned...LOL...

Stayed there for 3 weeks in March and will definitely stay again, at 1k pn its good value for what you get and its location.

I have stayed there but prefer sister property called D Express further down the Soi. Only 800 baht, less noise, and bigger rooms.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ringadingding said:

Of course. But remember the rule "Never shit where you eat". Jealousy can be really bad and could get your room really cleaned...LOL...

I make love for all massage girl at hotel I stay, no problem. The girl love me, all time I come back scream my name to see me. 

They call me ROBINHOOD, captain TEAM FARANG!

Just booked up for two weeks in May got a deluxe room for £22 a night on Agoda. Only issue is no umberrela on roof top pool for some shade.

Joe

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, Joethescot said:

Just booked up for two weeks in May got a deluxe room for £22 a night on agoda. Only issue is no umberrela on roof top pool for some shade.

Joe

Agree its the only downside to this hotel but if people keep requesting more shade they might do something about it.

However, there is an area which is shaded by a wall till midday but you have to be quick to get those sun beds.

9 hours ago, barmatt said:

Agree its the only downside to this hotel but if people keep requesting more shade they might do something about it.

However, there is an area which is shaded by a wall till midday but you have to be quick to get those sun beds.

It's not a huge deal for me,I normally just use it to cool down after being out in the morning/afternoon. However sometimes like to read my book if just wanting to chill.wont being doing that with no shade.

I have stayed several time at LK Royal Wing and have been satisfied with the hotel, but never stayed at D hotel.

My question goes to BMs who stayed both at D hotel and LK Royal Wing.

Which hotel would you choose?

26 minutes ago, Zesam said:

I have stayed several time at LK Royal Wing and have been satisfied with the hotel, but never stayed at D hotel.

My question goes to BMs who stayed both at D hotel and LK Royal Wing.

Which hotel would you choose?

Having stayed at both, definitely preferred D hotel. My reasoning:

Staff were better, friendlier and more efficient, they have a decent priced little restaurant on premises, they sell cheap (by hotel standards) cold drinks, I asked if they had a bottle opener when I bought a couple of beers there and was given an opener to take to my room. Air conditioning is also not as noisy as Lk's. You get a sink in the room and a clothes horse on the balcony for drying. No microwave in room but you can use the one next to the lift on the ground floor and you get free tea and coffee when on the computers at reception.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 4:25 AM, ringadingding said:

Hehe, how did you approach/bring up that without fear of offending?

• 4 weeks later...

For charging your devices, check out the socket behind your fridge. Usually have double socket but if not, purchase a splitter. Understandably that socket has always electricity on. Charging problem solved.

My friend stayed in this hotel last year and was very happy. Thumbs up.

5 hours ago, jpmelville said:

For charging your devices, check out the socket behind your fridge. Usually have double socket but if not, purchase a splitter. Understandably that socket has always electricity on. Charging problem solved.

My friend stayed in this hotel last year and was very happy. Thumbs up.

Great tip. Thank you. 

• 3 months later...
On 08/01/2017 at 17:35, vimto66 said:

Its only a small thing but i`ve read towels arn`t provided by the pool,and also no customers are allowed around the pool area,so if you have a LT and fancy a spell poolside you`re buggered,i emphasize though its only what i`ve read!

Vimto, your right I stayed in May and pool towels aren't provided. However I never had an issue with my LT or even my mate who was staying at Diana estate using the pool once. So I can confirm first hand it's not an issue. Only issue I had with gene pool is there is zero shade or even any umbrellas to put above your lounger. I got on really well with the girls at reception they where nice and helpful and they said there was umbrellas on order as lots of people feedback about this. 

4 hours ago, miesnalle said:

Is there any 7/11 nearby? And is this good hotel for newbie?

If a 7/11 is an important criteria, then yes 2 min walk or less.  In Pattaya there is a 7/11(or Family Mart) on literally every block.  Supermarket at Central Festival, 5-10 mins walk.

As for hotel, newbie or otherwise, I'll talk about location.  It's located on Soi Bukhaow so you can easily get a baht bus both directions.  So you can catch bus south to Walking St. or LK Metro.  Walk to LK Metro about 10 mins or Made in Thailand bars in 5 mins.  New Plaza complex of bars is directly across the road and you can walk through New Plaza to get to Central Festival or Beach Rd or Soi 7/8 complex of bars.  If you're coming back from Walking St. take bus on 2nd Rd and get off at New Plaza, walk through and you're back at your hotel.  Location is very good without having to be in the thick of things.

2 minutes ago, dirkdeee said:

If a 7/11 is an important criteria, then yes 2 min walk or less.  In Pattaya there is a 7/11(or Family Mart) on literally every block.  Supermarket at Central Festival, 5-10 mins walk.

As for hotel, newbie or otherwise, I'll talk about location.  It's located on Soi Bukhaow so you can easily get a baht bus both directions.  So you can catch bus south to Walking St. or LK Metro.  Walk to LK Metro about 10 mins or Made in Thailand bars in 5 mins.  New Plaza complex of bars is directly across the road and you can walk through New Plaza to get to Central Festival or Beach Rd or Soi 7/8 complex of bars.  If you're coming back from Walking St. take bus on 2nd Rd and get off at New Plaza, walk through and you're back at your hotel.  Location is very good without having to be in the thick of things.

Ok. Thanks for the information.

7/11 i mean just some shop. Itse not any criteria. But thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, miesnalle said:

Ok. Thanks for the information.

7/11 i mean just some shop. Itse not any criteria. But thanks anyway.

Don't worry, there's 7/11's everywhere :) 

Easy way to check is the google street view, in no time you find out that where ever you look, there's either pharmacy or 7/11.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

Stayed here for 5 nights on my most recent trip after staying at my preferred hotel of August Suites for the 2 weeks prior.

enjoyed the location, easy enough to get anywhere. Room as ok, smaller then August Suites but otherwise ok.

only drawback of the hotel for me personally was room cleaning stopping at 3pm. Found if I had a girl in my room they never left early enough to room cleaned. They do leave a plastic bag at your door every day though with all the essentials, new towels etc.

would happily stay here again

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 01:01, dirkdeee said:

As for hotel, newbie or otherwise, I'll talk about location.  It's located on Soi Bukhaow so you can easily get a baht bus both directions. 

Thanks for that and others mostly positive comments and so booked 3 weeks in June.  Might scrape into "otherwise" as I stayed at Nova Gold last June as "newbie".  And yep, it's now about location for me.

Was quite happy with Nova Gold and had booked there because it was close to Soi 6 which sounded exciting and interesting.  Sure, the 6 would have suited me in my 20's/30's but that's more than a while ago...  Found myself travelling way south every day for what I wanted after walking through the same grumpy, ugly LB's on other side of Soi 6 to catch baht bus, grrr...

D hotel has baht bus BOTH ways, is central and within walking distance to the shopping, bars and massages that I liked.  Also has a good size fridge.  Nova's was tiny and jammed FULL of crap.  Strange that Nova's pool was totally in the shade and D's is totally in the sun and everyone complains about both!!!  :-)

Anyway, location was the key for me, cheers...

Well that's nice warm weather for 3 weeks of my winter and am even thinking about another 3 weeks in August... hmmm sounds better with each beer...

I just stayed here in room 510 from 2nd to 16th September:

Where is it?

On a small Soi just off Soi Buakhaow at the Pattaya Klang end diagonally opposite the entrance to New Plaza

How much?

I had a Superior Room at the front over looking the Soi which cost me 1100 baht a night via Agoda. Standard and Deluxe Rooms on the other side of the building (with no views and overlooking the sister D Apartment) cost about 200 cheaper and 200 dearer respectively. The price of the room I had varies by up to a couple of hundred depending on who you book with and time of year.

Is it modern?

Very. Opened in 2015 as another sister to D Apartment and D Express on the next Soi.

And clean?

Extremely. Cleaning going on all the time. Floors shine and the hotel smells good.

What are the rooms like?

Big, spacious with fridge, lots of storage and tables and chairs. King sized bed was comfortable. Fridge was large and bathroom had walk in shower. Aircon is quiet and there is also a fan. 32" flatscreen TV with free and some pay channels. Electronic safe.  Comfy sofa and sink area in room. Balcony is large with good vistas out over Pattaya (and overlooking the Soi so you can see your ST/LT arrive on the motorbike). Deluxe rooms are a bit bigger and have a bath. There are also a couple of connected rooms that can be used as family rooms. Rooms (about 80ish) are spread over 7 floors with one lift to access . Room service from the restaurant downstairs is available and menus are provided.

And the facilities?

24 hour reception - the girls womanning it are very helpful, friendly and efficient. Tea and coffee complimentary along with 3 computer / internet stations. Small restaurant doing Thai and Western food at decent prices (e.g. full western breakfast 129 baht, chicken panang curry and rice 100 baht) and with a fridge offering beers and soft drinks also at reasonable prices (60 baht local beers). Plenty of chairs, table and sofas in the spacious reception area. Seats outside next to a small water feature for smoking or waiting on your honey to arrive. 24 hour underground car park. An inexpensive laundry service is available. Old style keys are used to access the rooms, handed in as you leave and returned to you as you come back. After a few days i found I didn't even have to give the room number as the girls knew me. You can walk straight through the back of the hotel to the D Apartment which acts as a short cut to Pattaya Klang.

Does it have WIFI?

Yes, in each room accessible via a login and password card renewed each week. Lobby has free WIFI too. Strong, quite fast and omnipresent - never had a problem once.

Is there a pool?

Yes, and its on the roof. About 18m by 8m cool fresh water pool with jaccuzzi. Plenty of sun loungers on the roof terrace, which really does have some spectacular views out over Pattaya as far as Jomtien. It's open from 8 till 8.

What about maid service?

Runs till 15.00 every day, fresh towels, toileteries and 2 x 500ml bottles of water. If you're still entertaining a young lady at this time the maid will leave these items in a plastic bag on your doorhandle. The maids themselves are delightful.

The clientele?

Single, western men. Virtually all Aus, USA and Europe.

Right, now for the important stuff. Is it guest friendly?

Fully with no joiner fee for up to 2 additional guests. Guests leave ID in reception and collect it on the way out. A phone call from reception follows if you're not with your teerak as she leaves.

Location, Location, Location

Really, this is the best located hotel in Pattaya IMHO. Literally a stone's throw away from TT Exchange, massage shops, 7/11s, laundries, ATMS, lots and lots of well priced bars and restaurants, New Plaza complex, Soi Buakhaow night market, Tony's Gym, ice coffee stands, pharmacies, sewing ladies, gold shops etc etc. Soi Buakhaow baht bus route right outside, 5 mins through New Plaza to the 2nd Road BB route and Central. 5 more mins to beach. Pattaya Klang close for easy access in and out of town. All the sexee laydees knew where it was; same for all the motorbike taxi drivers. Right in the middle of my 3 favourite places in Pattaya, Soi 6, Soi Bongkot and LK Metro.

Any downsides or problems?

Not really; there is a 2k baht deposit payable, but that's really just them holding on to your taxi money and airport expenses on way back. You have to bring your own towels up to the pool. No minibar. No balcony furniture but you can move table and chairs outside.

Staying again?

Yep, in March. Previously stayed D Express and will be staying D Apartment at Christmas but looking forward to coming back here. I've stayed in about a dozen different hotels in similar price range (e.g. Nova Gold, April, August and March, Sunshine) over the years in Patts - this is the best.

Anything else?

There was a 50ml full tube of Durex Play left in one of the bedside drawers when I checked in. Not sure if that comes with the room or not. If not and this was left by the previous occupant then thank you very much. There are hotel promo cards on reception which I found doubled as a useful business card with my room no and line ID written on to slip to various laydees whilst they were working, usually inside a 20 baht note, with some limited success.

DH1.jpg

DH2.jpg

DH3.jpg

DH4.jpg

16 hours ago, PR1977 said:

I just stayed here in room 510 from 2nd to 16th September:

Where is it?

On a small Soi just off Soi Buakhaow at the Pattaya Klang end diagonally opposite the entrance to New Plaza

How much?

I had a Superior Room at the front over looking the Soi which cost me 1100 baht a night via Agoda. Standard and Deluxe Rooms on the other side of the building (with no views and overlooking the sister D Apartment) cost about 200 cheaper and 200 dearer respectively. The price of the room I had varies by up to a couple of hundred depending on who you book with and time of year.

Is it modern?

Very. Opened in 2015 as another sister to D Apartment and D Express on the next Soi.

And clean?

Extremely. Cleaning going on all the time. Floors shine and the hotel smells good.

What are the rooms like?

Big, spacious with fridge, lots of storage and tables and chairs. King sized bed was comfortable. Fridge was large and bathroom had walk in shower. Aircon is quiet and there is also a fan. 32" flatscreen TV with free and some pay channels. Electronic safe.  Comfy sofa and sink area in room. Balcony is large with good vistas out over Pattaya (and overlooking the Soi so you can see your ST/LT arrive on the motorbike). Deluxe rooms are a bit bigger and have a bath. There are also a couple of connected rooms that can be used as family rooms. Rooms (about 80ish) are spread over 7 floors with one lift to access . Room service from the restaurant downstairs is available and menus are provided.

And the facilities?

24 hour reception - the girls womanning it are very helpful, friendly and efficient. Tea and coffee complimentary along with 3 computer / internet stations. Small restaurant doing Thai and Western food at decent prices (e.g. full western breakfast 129 baht, chicken panang curry and rice 100 baht) and with a fridge offering beers and soft drinks also at reasonable prices (60 baht local beers). Plenty of chairs, table and sofas in the spacious reception area. Seats outside next to a small water feature for smoking or waiting on your honey to arrive. 24 hour underground car park. An inexpensive laundry service is available. Old style keys are used to access the rooms, handed in as you leave and returned to you as you come back. After a few days i found I didn't even have to give the room number as the girls knew me. You can walk straight through the back of the hotel to the D Apartment which acts as a short cut to Pattaya Klang.

Does it have WIFI?

Yes, in each room accessible via a login and password card renewed each week. Lobby has free WIFI too. Strong, quite fast and omnipresent - never had a problem once.

Is there a pool?

Yes, and its on the roof. About 18m by 8m cool fresh water pool with jaccuzzi. Plenty of sun loungers on the roof terrace, which really does have some spectacular views out over Pattaya as far as Jomtien. It's open from 8 till 8.

What about maid service?

Runs till 15.00 every day, fresh towels, toileteries and 2 x 500ml bottles of water. If you're still entertaining a young lady at this time the maid will leave these items in a plastic bag on your doorhandle. The maids themselves are delightful.

The clientele?

Single, western men. Virtually all Aus, USA and Europe.

Right, now for the important stuff. Is it guest friendly?

Fully with no joiner fee for up to 2 additional guests. Guests leave ID in reception and collect it on the way out. A phone call from reception follows if you're not with your teerak as she leaves.

Location, Location, Location

Really, this is the best located hotel in Pattaya IMHO. Literally a stone's throw away from TT Exchange, massage shops, 7/11s, laundries, ATMS, lots and lots of well priced bars and restaurants, New Plaza complex, Soi Buakhaow night market, Tony's Gym, ice coffee stands, pharmacies, sewing ladies, gold shops etc etc. Soi Buakhaow baht bus route right outside, 5 mins through New Plaza to the 2nd Road BB route and Central. 5 more mins to beach. Pattaya Klang close for easy access in and out of town. All the sexee laydees knew where it was; same for all the motorbike taxi drivers. Right in the middle of my 3 favourite places in Pattaya, Soi 6, Soi Bongkot and LK Metro.

Any downsides or problems?

Not really; there is a 2k baht deposit payable, but that's really just them holding on to your taxi money and airport expenses on way back. You have to bring your own towels up to the pool. No minibar. No balcony furniture but you can move table and chairs outside.

Staying again?

Yep, in March. Previously stayed D Express and will be staying D Apartment at Christmas but looking forward to coming back here. I've stayed in about a dozen different hotels in similar price range (e.g. Nova Gold, April, August and March, Sunshine) over the years in Patts - this is the best.

Anything else?

There was a 50ml full tube of Durex Play left in one of the bedside drawers when I checked in. Not sure if that comes with the room or not. If not and this was left by the previous occupant then thank you very much. There are hotel promo cards on reception which I found doubled as a useful business card with my room no and line ID written on to slip to various laydees whilst they were working, usually inside a 20 baht note, with some limited success.

DH1.jpg

DH2.jpg

DH3.jpg

DH4.jpg

I was loving this hotel from your review until you got to the towels for the pool and no balcony chairs. Hard to keep the bathroom toweld clean and dry especially when you need towlfor the “visitor” 

Archived