Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

Top Deal but I think I may just have topped it booked tonight 

Xmas Business class 16 dec to 8th Jan £1013  15 hour flight inc stop over. 

Gulf Air 

:GoldenSmile1:

From where to where if I may ask ?

That Gulf Air fare is still showing up for December to January.

I checked 11Dec-15Jan and got £1014 but only with FlySharp. Everyone else shows £1900+. Makes me suspicious???

I think Gulf have combined First & Business into 'Falcon Gold'. Where you sit depends on the flexibility of the ticket you book.

There's the angle-flat seats in most of the compartment with 8 bigger flat-bed seats at the front.

If anyone can confirm this I'd be grateful.

I'm a little wary of only 1 hour connection on way back but Bahrain is a small airport.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I was wary as well as the booking confirmation said  "Note: PRICES ARE NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL TICKETS HAVE BEEN ISSUED!"  I thought here we go..... but low and behold 1 hour later e-ticket arrived at that price. Logged into gulf air and there is my booking :-) 

like you Davidge closest price I could find was £1700. Flysharp are owned by southall travel which are quite reputable I think and I have had dealing with them before .. had to get a refund on a flight last year which they handled well. That has been my experience of them anyway. 

I think you are right about falcon gold the seat plan on seatguru would suggest that they have combined but I am happy with an angled bed for the price.. but will see if I can pre-book my seat :-)

...  but looks like they have 3 versions of the A-330 some with still the First class seats and some with the new Business class throughout. The second version 42 flat bed seats  as opposed to 32 angled beds so I suppose it will depend which A330 they use on the day. might be different on each leg. Hopefully by xmas they will have refurbished all the craft to this new format

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Gulf_Air/Gulf_Air_Airbus_A330-200.php

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Gulf_Air/Gulf_Air_Airbus_A330-200_B.php

hope I don't get stitched on that 1 hour connection back  as I am heading straight to work from the airport :-)

Edited by T-T-T

Yes. I got some confusing info on the Business Class set-up with Gulf. You'll have to report back :-)

One thing I don't like about Fly Sharp & Southall Travel is that they don't appear to list Fare Conditions on their websites.

I'm guessing this Gulf fare is non-cancellable & non-changeable but I'd be wary of booking other flights with them without knowing the conditions. It shows on Southall as well as Fly Sharp but around £100 more.

There's a chance I'll be able to go to TLOS December/January but can't book yet. I don't expect the Gulf fare will be around for long!

At that price, I'd book it instead of Eva - even though I don't like using Middle East airlines and prefer direct.

Just found on seat guru if it is any help .....

Submitted by SeatGuru User on 2015/06/15 for Seat Lie flat Falcon
I had not flown Gulf for many years, their business class was old and tired, and had 160 degree angled seats, which I find very uncomfortable. I had read many reviews regarding their new Falcon Gold business class, and at a really super price return Bangkok-London, I gave them a second chance. Lounge was nice, security at Bahrain was fast, lounge again very nice. The cabin was a breath of fresh air compared to before, lie flat seats, good food, free flowing wine, I enjoyed the experience. In flight movie selection was ok, but small selection. It's not Emirates A380, or Emirates lounges, but at 40% less in price, they have my business as long as they don't get expensive again.

Thanks.

I have a friend working in Bahrain so I'll put him on the case.

He always flies Gulf but in Economy (says it's crap) but I'm sure he can find someone who uses Business!

Funnily enough I  had to cancel a gulf air last year with flysharp due to work and when I rang them they said they needed to check with the airline on T & C's so I assume they follow what ever the airline T&C's are... but it is an assumption luckily for me £200 cancellation fee rest of the money returned which I was happy with that. 

Yes will definitely report back .. I am wondering what I have bought a little but if it is as advertised it will be a steal

yes be good to get somebody in the know :-)

Edited by T-T-T

Well, if it's a con then they've got both of us as I've just booked it as well!

Sister booked to come over from Australia which means I can get away.

My preferred option, direct, is showing £2600 with Thai and £2700 with Eva. Even BA (aaarrrgghhhh!) were £2800.

Best indirect (avoiding airlines I won't fly with) was Emirates at £1900.

I just got Gulf for £1012.85 - though I'm holding my breath until the ticket arrives and I can check the booking with Gulf!

I expect there will be more fares showing up over the next couple of months, but the Gulf was too cheap to miss & I think the offer ends tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

Edit: eticket arrived and my booking shows as confirmed on the Gulf Air website.

Website isn't very good, and doesn't work properly on iPad, but booking looks fine.

Hope I don't regret this!

Edited by davidge

you and me both.. hope we don't regret it but Gulf seems ok decent reviews etc so here's hoping. :-).. 

Apparently there is a chef on the plane and they cook your food on board so looking forward to trying that out

https://www.gulfair.com/on-board/sky-chef

Edited by T-T-T

I'm flying a few days before you so will be able to let you know :-)

Depart LHR 11 Dec

Depart BKK 9 Jan

I'm a bit concerned at the hour connection on the way home as I've got to meet my sister at Heathrow as she leaves for Oz to swap the car over so really can't be a day late!

They wouldn't allow a stopover in Bahrain on this fare.

Cheers Davidge look forward to your report,  if you get chance to let me know whats it like ... will see you for a few beers 

the return bit worried myself leaving sunday 8th,  arrive monday morning straight to work so here's hoping it all pans out ok :-)

Hoping we are going to be very pleasantly surprised.  

Edited by T-T-T

Friend works in Bahrain so uses Gulf most of the time as they're direct to BKK and to LHR.

They've been on time pretty much every time he's used them and Bahrain isn't a big airport.

He's always in Economy and says it's crap, but Biz should be better ;-)

Cool ......all I am after is the bed ...and been on time on the way back .. not to worried about anything else really though the lounge at heathrow look pretty good 

there Stats look pretty good on https://uk.flightaware.com

found some  reviews quite looking forward to it 

Think we may have hit the jackpot for the price LOL 

Flew BAH-BKK with GF last week in April, bid on upgrading from Economy to Business class and was successful. The lounge at BAH was comfortable, with hot food, snacks, soft drinks as well as alcohol. If you try the Sky Bar at BAH expect to pay around £7/8 a pint. Flight left the gate on time but returned after a technical problem, sorted out after 1.5 hours. The seats are comfortable and the IFE while limited was ample for the 7 hour flight to BKK. On departing the aircraft you are given a pass for the priority que at passport control.

Cool ......all I am after is the bed ...and been on time on the way back .. not to worried about anything else really though the lounge at heathrow look pretty good 

there Stats look pretty good on https://uk.flightaware.com

found some  reviews quite looking forward to it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uttzS9ryGMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45sJ-YkKyxU

Think we may have hit the jackpot for the price LOL

I'm just going to expect the 'old style' Biz seats and if I get put right upfront then treat it as a bonus.

Think it will be a step down from my last trip with Eva, but at about half the price I think I'll put up with it :-)

Flew BAH-BKK with GF last week in April, bid on upgrading from Economy to Business class and was successful. The lounge at BAH was comfortable, with hot food, snacks, soft drinks as well as alcohol. If you try the Sky Bar at BAH expect to pay around £7/8 a pint. Flight left the gate on time but returned after a technical problem, sorted out after 1.5 hours. The seats are comfortable and the IFE while limited was ample for the 7 hour flight to BKK. On departing the aircraft you are given a pass for the priority que at passport control.

Thanks. I don't drink when flying (other than wine with meal) so don't mind the price of beer. I should have an hour in the lounge at BAH on the way out but it will be straight from gate to gate on the way back.

Looking for a business class flight BKK to Edmonton early August, for 2 weeks.

Unable to search due to internet restrictions at work 

From a quick look, nothing jumps out as being best.

2 stops and you'll need to mix airlines.

Cheapest about 116000 baht.

Fly via Japan or Korea.

Thai/Korean/ANA/JAL all options on first leg.

Air Canada/Korea/ANA/JAL all options on second leg.

Air Canada or regional airline for final hop.

Between 24 and 36 hours travelling depending on connections.

Probably not too much help to you, sorry! No simple option.

Edited by davidge

From a quick look, nothing jumps out as being best.

2 stops and you'll need to mix airlines.

Cheapest about 116000 baht.

Fly via Japan or Korea.

Thai/Korean/ANA/JAL all options on first leg.

Air Canada/Korea/ANA/JAL all options on second leg.

Air Canada or regional airline for final hop.

Between 24 and 36 hours travelling depending on connections.

Probably not too much help to you, sorry! No simple option.

Ran a quick search via Kayak, and came up with pretty much the same - prices range from $3,275 to $3,425 via ANA or United for business class.

I assume you'd be going YEA to BKK, then from BKK back to YEA?

As biz class fares go, that is NOT a bad price in my experience.

Out of curiosity, I plugged in LAX for the same search and was shocked to see how many options there were on Air China for $2700 or less (over 2 screens full of flight choices).  That said, I have heard some very negative things about Air China and it's service

• 4 weeks later...

Have been offered £1200 Business Class with Turkish Airlines for £1200 for Mid October for 4 weeks - short turn around times and Star Alliance miles

Netflights are also a reputable company so its not a pie in the sky fare

Or £1520 BA Business Direct

I often find Turkish are cheaper from LGW or BHX than LHR.

It depends how convenient each airport is for you.

When I was still hoping to fly this month, they were showing around £1100 but not from LHR.

The Star Alliance points is what makes them a good option compared to some airlines.

Emirates have cut their prices assume it is a sale Booked for March flying from MAN Manchester £1700 handy for me costs £110 in a taxi get Chauffeur free never flown Business Class now got 2 booked Nov March.

My next fare search will begin in August when I'll be keeping an eye out for fares for next June/July.

May not book until January, unless something really jumps out.

I often find Turkish are cheaper from LGW or BHX than LHR.

It depends how convenient each airport is for you.

When I was still hoping to fly this month, they were showing around £1100 but not from LHR.

The Star Alliance points is what makes them a good option compared to some airlines.

This is Gatwick too

Gatwick is much of a much for me - further than Heathrow but takes the same amount of time to get to