Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

2 hours ago, T-T-T said:

thats a great price again and great travel times from Gulf Air for Xmas.. This price keeps coming up and if Gulf can keep everything on the right time schedule it is a no brainer. 

Nine hours and forty minutes in Bahrain? I wonder if they provide overnight accommodation. If so, then worthy of consideration.

I already have flights booked, otherwise I might have given it a whirl.

6 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

Nine hours and forty minutes in Bahrain? I wonder if they provide overnight accommodation. If so, then worthy of consideration.

I wouldn't think so but you never know.

I paid about £100 less for Economy on Oman ex MAN for this Xmas.  I'm Sindbad Silver so I get lounge access but I'm praying that at least one of the legs is full and I get bumped up. I might have looked at travelling to LHR if I'd seen that earlier. Probably not though cos I'm a lazy bastard :D

9 hours ago, Drewbrogan said:

Outbound

Sun, 10 Dec 2017
all times are local
Gulf Air
Gulf AirGulf Air GF6     6h 30     21:50 LHR London Heathrow     07:20 (+1) BAH Bahrain
1h 45     Connect in airport
Gulf AirGulf Air GF150     6h 30     09:05 BAH Bahrain     19:35 BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Arrives: Mon, 11 Dec 2017Journey duration: 14h 45

Return

Mon, 8 Jan 2018
Gulf Air
Gulf AirGulf Air GF151     7h 40     20:50 BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi      00:30 (+1) BAH Bahrain    
9h 40     Connect in airport     Long wait
Gulf AirGulf Air GF3     7h 35      10:10 BAH Bahrain     14:45 LHR London Heathrow    
Arrives: Tue, 9 Jan 2018Journey duration: 24h 55

£1095 travelup

It's actually cheaper with these folks;

One.JPG

3 hours ago, T-T-T said:

thats a great price again and great travel times from Gulf Air for Xmas.. This price keeps coming up and if Gulf can keep everything on the right time schedule it is a no brainer. 

The stopover on the way back is the issue. Business Class lounge in Bahrain is pretty basic. From memory, very limited food/snack options. They do have a large room divided into cubicles with beds, but they charge for using it. No toilets in that room though.

Guess you could sleep for a few hours then go and shower & change.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

It's actually cheaper with these folks;

One.JPG

I didn't get that on momondo when I looked.  Great deal apart from the layover on the way back.  Then again Manama has got a very active P4P scene so I'm sure you could think of some way to pass the time.

Edited by Drewbrogan

17 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

AH !!! I didnt see that 9 hour on the way back when I flew with them it was approx 1.45 inbound and outbound stopover.  Maybe if you play around with the dates I think you would still get the price with short stop overs I have just cancelled an August flight with them due to circumstances and the stopover was around the the 1 -2 hours both ways

Edited by T-T-T

3 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

AH !!! I didnt see that 9 hour on the way back when I flew with them it was approx 1.45 inbound and outbound stopover.  Maybe if you play around with the dates I think you would still get the price with short stop overs I have just cancelled an August flight with them due to circumstances and the stopover was around the the 1 -2 hours both ways

According to Davidge, they've had a schedule change. so maybe no more short stopover.

In addition, since this appears to be a Falcon Deal fare, overnight accommodation may cost another US$55, according to this link; https://www.gulfair.com/at-the-airport/transit-in-bahrain

8 minutes ago, Drewbrogan said:

I didn't get that on momondo when I looked.  Great deal apart from the layover on the way back.  Then again Manama has got a very active P4P scene so I'm sure you could think of some way to pass the time.

I believe it's about £40 for a U.K. Passport holder to enter Bahrain now.

the short stop over is there just not at that price bummer 

Flight Number Departure Arrival Departure Time Arrival Time Duration
GF151 Bangkok (BKK) Bahrain (BAH) (GMT +7) 20:50 (GMT +3) 00:30 07:40 Hrs
GF7 Bahrain (BAH) London (LHR) (GMT +3) 02:00 (GMT +) 06:35 07:35 Hrs

11 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

Looking at their flight schedules for December, the one flight from BKK arrives in BAH at 1440.

They have 2 London flights, one departs at 1010 and one at 0200.

They appear to have a second BKK flight but not every day. Maybe 2/3 times a week? Arrives in BAH at 0030.

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

I believe it's about £40 for a U.K. Passport holder to enter Bahrain now.

My understanding is a bit different although I will say I've not been to Bahrain in quite a few years.

I think the eVisa is about £40 but a VOA is still only 5BHD (about£8).  It doesn't matter that much anyway because if the £40 puts anyone off Bahrain isn't cheap. 

29 minutes ago, Drewbrogan said:

My understanding is a bit different although I will say I've not been to Bahrain in quite a few years.

I think the eVisa is about £40 but a VOA is still only 5BHD (about£8).  It doesn't matter that much anyway because if the £40 puts anyone off Bahrain isn't cheap. 

A friend works there. They put the VOA up from 5BHD to 20BHD a couple of years ago.

You're right about Bahrain not being cheap. Taxi from/to airport and a few hours in Diggers and you'd soon spend the money saved on the flight :)

Edited by davidge

They fly to Dublin if that was what you were asking by your flag......

Copenhagen, Paris, Milan, Rome plus a few others

Edited by Drewbrogan
Spelling

1 hour ago, T-T-T said:

9 hour stop over or not.... it s sold out all gone by the looks of it !!!  probably come back next week

Why do you think that it has sold out??

One.JPG

18 hours ago, davidge said:

I wouldn't use them again unless other fares were really crazy, but I noticed Gulf have the Business fare of around £1000 showing up again for next December/January. Don't know how many dates are available - I searched around 10 Dec out for about 4 weeks when it showed up.

With the change in schedule, it does mean a very long stopover in at least one direction more often than not.

Was just looking at that myself. 

BA are quoting rediculous prices for my dates at Christmas, almost £4000. Ex EU flights, AMS,  can be done for sub £1500 including the positioning flight. Don't mind a day out in Amsterdam at the start of my holiday so might do that. I have 75000 avios already and up to silver in EC but wonder if Gulf would be better bet in the long run, have about 20,000 whatever and on their first level. 

36 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Was just looking at that myself. 

BA are quoting rediculous prices for my dates at Christmas, almost £4000. Ex EU flights, AMS,  can be done for sub £1500 including the positioning flight. Don't mind a day out in Amsterdam at the start of my holiday so might do that. I have 75000 avios already and up to silver in EC but wonder if Gulf would be better bet in the long run, have about 20,000 whatever and on their first level. 

I don't fly enough at the moment to get too much from FF schemes. I prefer to fly direct with EVA, with Thai as second choice. I joined Star Alliance through Thai As at least then I can get a couple of nights in a hotel in Thailand from the points - or an internal flight.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to travel this Christmas so was just looking out of interest just in case. It looks as if the decent fares have all gone with both EVA and Thai. I won't pay 2k++ If I was booking today, it would probably be KLM at around £1500-£1600.

Etihad a bit more expensive.

7 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

leave 14 or 21st December and return 14 jan still available with short stop over times £1095 

One.JPG

Just now, T-T-T said:

what app do you use greyman?  I use skyscanner but cannot get prices as low as you see? 

Momondo

I've only just joined the Thai mileage scheme this year but racking up points quickly as i do fly every 2 months so i will soon be gold.My question is when you are gold status how often do you get bumped up from economy (more times than Not?)I did pay for buisness class the last two times and i must say I'm not sure i could fly economy again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, deathlay said:

I've only just joined the Thai mileage scheme this year but racking up points quickly as i do fly every 2 months so i will soon be gold.My question is when you are gold status how often do you get bumped up from economy (more times than Not?)I did pay for buisness class the last two times and i must say I'm not sure i could fly economy again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You'll be at the back of the queue behind all the freebies they give to anyone with a vague connection to the airline and Thai nationals.

No guarantee of ever getting an upgrade, especially if flights are pretty full.