IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

Thanks, that long stopover in CMB is making me think again.,

A 12 hour stopover would certainly put me off. 5-6 hours is OK at a push.

They'd have to be very good and a LOT cheaper than the alternatives for me to even consider it.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

It has happened to many people

Happened to me with Crystal travel a couple of years back

I now always book direct with the airline

Happened to me with Crystal travel a couple of years back

I now always book direct with the airline

You guys having trouble with Crysta l (deliberate gap) did you book via website or via the Trumpet ??

Thanks, that long stopover in CMB is making me think again.,

No good if you are in a hurry, certainly. I have nothing better to do so I look on it as a free beach day-trip with free meals and free hotel room and free transport. Sri Lankan food is good.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been playing around with searches and found that Business Class with Turkish Air is around £600 cheaper from Gatwick or Birmingham than from Heathrow.

For my possible dates, dep. late June for 3/4 weeks, it's showing as under £1200 from LGW or BHX. Connections 2 hours or less. Choice of 2 daily flights to BKK.

There aren't too many decent fares showing for then so that's very competitive. The cheapest direct from LHR is around £2000 with Eva.

23rd to 23rd via Travel Supermarket was £799 gone already.

Bear with me let me run a few more. Got to be non stop though ??

Snooze and we lose Eva jumped to £1379 now !!

Why not Etihad or Finnair on their standard connection flights at £5xx  ??

In the end I booked Eva Premium Economy £1000 - and no charge for Starwood Amex and full accrual for Air Miles

Made sense - Thai was same price and Eva Economy £100 less and 50% Air Miles

Edited by socrates

I've just been playing around with searches and found that Business Class with Turkish Air is around £600 cheaper from Gatwick or Birmingham than from Heathrow.

For my possible dates, dep. late June for 3/4 weeks, it's showing as under £1200 from LGW or BHX. Connections 2 hours or less. Choice of 2 daily flights to BKK.

There aren't too many decent fares showing for then so that's very competitive. The cheapest direct from LHR is around £2000 with Eva.

Can't comment on price and flights from UK but my experience with Turkish is very good, decent seat on the 330-300 with 180 degree recline ( beware the a330-200 and a340 only recline 160 degree) excellent food and just love the little bar they have in front of the cabin

Can't comment on price and flights from UK but my experience with Turkish is very good, decent seat on the 330-300 with 180 degree recline ( beware the a330-200 and a340 only recline 160 degree) excellent food and just love the little bar they have in front of the cabin

Turkish seem to have a good reputation. According to SeatGuru they use the A330-300 on both BKK flights. Equipment varies between the UK and IST but they do have 'proper' Business seats for the European flights unlike every European airline who just use Economy seats with a bit more legroom.

The UK-IST flights are shorter anyway but the A321 seems to be the plane to avoid.

Turkish seem to have a good reputation. According to SeatGuru they use the A330-300 on both BKK flights. Equipment varies between the UK and IST but they do have 'proper' Business seats for the European flights unlike every European airline who just use Economy seats with a bit more legroom.

The UK-IST flights are shorter anyway but the A321 seems to be the plane to avoid.

The  inter European flights I've done with Turkish (feeder flights to IST) has been on 320's and 321. Both has "standard" seats however with more width and recline + only 2-2 config. Not really a problem on the fairly short haul and Turkish lounge in IST will for sure make up for any discomfort, it's really really good.

The  inter European flights I've done with Turkish (feeder flights to IST) has been on 320's and 321. Both has "standard" seats however with more width and recline + only 2-2 config. Not really a problem on the fairly short haul and Turkish lounge in IST will for sure make up for any discomfort, it's really really good.

I'm probably stuck with using LHR for my next trip so it will probably come down to how much cheaper indirect flights are than Eva direct. If I had the option of LGW or BHX I would be quite happy using Turkish.

I'm probably stuck with using LHR for my next trip so it will probably come down to how much cheaper indirect flights are than Eva direct. If I had the option of LGW or BHX I would be quite happy using Turkish.

Yeah, transit sucks but if reduced to a minimum, and departure/arrival is acceptable  I'm confident you'll find Turkish lounge in IST a very pleasant break on the journey but as you say; money talks and time is money.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

I'd noticed the Eva fare but wasn't sure how long the booking period was for.

I'm still hoping to get out in June/July - though it's looking less likely. At least I have until 17 April to book the promotional fare :-)

Last time I checked, Thai were about the same price and BA about £100 more.

• 2 weeks later...

Not an offer, but a reduction in BA terms:

British Airways is making changes to its checked luggage allowance for business class passengers.

Customers in Club World and Biz Bed (business class on the carrier’s Openskies transatlantic service) can currently check in three pieces of luggage, each weighing up to 32kg.

But for any flights booked after May 10 this will be reduced to two pieces. The existing allowance will be honoured for any bookings made before May 10, regardless of the date of travel.

Gold cardholders in BA’s Executive Club scheme are entitled to an additional free bag, effectively meaning they will be able to check in three bags instead of the previous four on Club World and Biz Bed flights.

Under the changes business class passengers will also be able to check in a third bag where required, at a cost of £120 ($180 or €140) if pre-booked online, or £140 ($200 or €150) when purchased at the airport.

I wasn't planning on flying BA anyway and I can't see me ever checking in 3 large suitcases but something to be aware of,

• Like 2

I cant even fill one medium sized holdall how passengers fill 3-4 suitcases is beyond me !

A BM posted this thread:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/292258-ba-business-flights-november/

With cheap BA fare if you start from AMS. Thought I'd copy it here :-)

BTW, the Turkish fares I mentioned above seem to be available on a lot of dates. Showing under £1100 if you fly from Birmingham or Gatwick.

Edited by davidge

If you can start your flight in Amsterdam, BA website for November AMS-LHR-BKK return £1120, just burn the last sector, job done 

If you can start your flight in Amsterdam, BA website for November AMS-LHR-BKK return £1120, just burn the last sector, job done 

Yes I've seen these. Cheap easyjet ticket to Amsterdam, into town for window shopping and a visit to a coffee shop before starting your journey. What could go wrong!

I cant even fill one medium sized holdall how passengers fill 3-4 suitcases is beyond me !

If you live in Thailand it's easy to fill several suitcases with stuff to bring back here. Groceries for a start, and just about any household item you care to name, and linen and clothes, are all much cheaper and better quality in the UK than they are here.

Every year I come back with two suitcases crammed with 40+kg of items of all sorts. I could easily fill a third and fourth one too. Going out the cases are empty.

• 3 weeks later...

Qatar Business Class sale.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/special-offers.page?cid=AFALL101730#

Only 3 days to book.

LHR-BKK £1420

EDI-BKK £1140

Also fares from BHX and MAN.

cracking deals just booked my December trip thought I'd treat my self £1440 thanks for the link

:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to pull the trigger today

EVA put their prices up from £1800 to over £2000

BA for some reason up until today would only allow £200 Avios Discount

However

Today it allowed £300

So £1426.85 including AMEX charge

Direct for Business Class I think thats a deal!

Top Deal but I think I may just have topped it booked tonight 

LON - BKK

Xmas Business class 16 dec to 8th Jan £1013  15 hour flight inc stop over. 

Gulf Air 

:GoldenSmile1:

Edited by T-T-T