IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

Looking at March/April even economy the fares are disgusting - potential dates one month from around 23rd March - £1000+

Where are on earth are you getting those fares from.

23rd March for one month

Finnair Standard connections £533

Royal Jordanian £554 but with their standard lengthy wait on inbound

Etihad £595 standard connection cheaper if you take the longer outbound sectors

Jet airways £616 standard connection

Eva £799

Plus many others

Edited by Harvey707

Where are on earth are you getting those fares from.

23rd March for one month

Finnair Standard connections £533

Royal Jordanian £554 but with their standard lengthy wait on inbound

Etihad £595 standard connection cheaper if you take the longer outbound sectors

Jet airways £616 standard connection

Eva £799

Plus many others

Please show me 23rd March - 24th April .... Eva Air

Direct very expensive these dates. BA £817 cheapest.

EVA £623 if you fly out 21/3 and back 23 or 25/4

Emirates £549

Qatar £586

Best options I think.

Edited by davidge

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Direct very expensive these dates. BA £817 cheapest.

EVA £623 if you fly out 21/3 and back 23 or 25/4

Emirates £549

Qatar £586

Best options I think.

Exactly my point - and no way I am flying BA Economy

I found a business class fare with Sri Lankan airlines from Heathrow for £1083 in May (even cheaper if you start in Paris), looks tempting - anyone have any experience with them?

Please show me 23rd March - 24th April .... Eva Air

23rd to 23rd via Travel Supermarket was £799 gone already.

Bear with me let me run a few more. Got to be non stop though ??

Snooze and we lose Eva jumped to £1379 now !!

Why not Etihad or Finnair on their standard connection flights at £5xx  ??

Edited by Harvey707

If I can suggest checking Sky Scanner or Travel Supermarket at 4 or 5am when the prices have been released overnight to Consolidators and before people jump back in and book pushing price back up

• Like 2

That one has jumped now to £940 since earlier this morning as well

23rd to 23rd via Travel Supermarket was £799 gone already.

Bear with me let me run a few more. Got to be non stop though ??

Snooze and we lose Eva jumped to £1379 now !!

Why not Etihad or Finnair on their standard connection flights at £5xx  ??

I been looking continually across all the sites - on EVA website they are not even showing flights after 23rd

Naturally I prefer to fly direct

I may have a similar problem if/when I look for my flights in June/July - albeit in Business.

I'll have to book flights to fit in with whatever my sister has booked so won't have flexibility over when I fly.

If I can suggest checking Sky Scanner or Travel Supermarket at 4 or 5am when the prices have been released overnight to Consolidators and before people jump back in and book pushing price back up

I have booked before on Sky Scanner early hours of the morning - only for the agents to contact me later that day and say they cannot honour that price and quote me the normal price that everyone else is showing - which was obviously much higher

I will not be doing that again

Edited by socrates

I have booked before on Sky Scanner early hours of the morning - only for the agents to contact me later that day and say they cannot honour that price and quote me the normal price that everyone else is showing - which was obviously much higher

I will not be doing that again

I'm having a deja-vu moment with that statement!

I was saying the same thing in a different thread. I think you have to pick your sky scanner providers quite carefully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm off on Virgin Upper Class to HK from Heathrow on the Dreamliner in a couple of days. Cost me £1100 plus miles return. They don't fly to BKK but will be spending a few days in HK before travelling on. Works out at £2k all in if you purchase miles but I got mine for significantly less through clubcard points / credit card.

Their offering looks pretty decent too.

I'm having a deja-vu moment with that statement!

I was saying the same thing in a different thread. I think you have to pick your sky scanner providers quite carefully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes we were talking about Travelbag. Really strange. Maybe its because I always stick with Crysta l Travel (deliberate gap) or Travel Trolley that I haven't had similar issues. Having said that its only been last 40-50 trips with them and I've had well over a 100 with others before with no issues. Benz Travel was an old favourite as well still going I believe

I'm getting £1232 with Turkish from Edinburgh for my dates in Nov/Dec but means a long layover of seven hours on the return. To be fair the business lounge at Istanbul looks extremely good but any input on the quality of the flight itself would be appreciated. Alternatives are KLM from Glasgow at £1472 with Emailflights (unsure about them but around £1600 with KLM direct), Emirates at just over 2k but I'm fairly confident there'll be sales that improve that price and the complimentary chauffer service is attractive. BA and Qatar are competitive at around £1800. All shorter flights than the Turkish return 

I came, I saw, I mongered!

It's a while since I flew KLM but they still have the 'old' Business configuration on the BKK flight. 2-3-2 with angle-flat NOT flat-bed seats. Width 20, pitch 60. They're OK in Business but far inferior to the Eva flight I took last trip. You need to check the flight is actually KLM as they code-share with China Airlines and the cheaper fares are often with their flight.

I've not flown Turkish but have have had good reports and would consider them if the price was right. Their Business is a bit more up-to-date than KLM. 2-2-2 with width 21 and pitch 61. Unlike all other 'European' airlines they also usually have proper Business on the flight out if the UK as well and not the so-called 'European-business' con.

As you're not flying until November, plenty of time for offers to appear.

Edit: I just did a quick check and Turkish have flights from EDI with 2h 20m stop out and 3h 20m stop back. Good fare on the Nov-Dec dates I put in.

Edited by davidge

Yes we were talking about Travelbag. Really strange. Maybe its because I always stick with Crysta l Travel (deliberate gap) or Travel Trolley that I haven't had similar issues. Having said that its only been last 40-50 trips with them and I've had well over a 100 with others before with no issues. Benz Travel was an old favourite as well still going I believe

Travel Bag and Crystal have both been culprits in the past and Crystal are very near to where I live - eventually I involved one of their industry arbitrators and got my refund

Travel Bag and Crystal have both been culprits in the past and Crystal are very near to where I live - eventually I involved one of their industry arbitrators and got my refund

I'm at a loss as to whats happening then. 163 Round trip tickets London Bangkok 27 different airlines and never ever had a fare change from probably overall 20 Agents

Socrates if you can slightly alter dates 22nd March 22nd April Omega has Thai International at £513 at time of this Post Saturday 30th

I've liked your other post hopefully so you see this

Edited

22nd to 24th is available at £714 Eva and £731 Thai

Not sure how long the link lasts but all 3 Fares over travel supermarket

https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/flight/results/LON/2016-03-22/BKK/2016-04-24/1/0/0/E/0/true/true/

Edited by Harvey707

I'm at a loss as to whats happening then. 163 Round trip tickets London Bangkok 27 different airlines and never ever had a fare change from probably overall 20 Agi

It has happened to many people

Edited by socrates

Socrates if you can slightly alter dates 22nd March 22nd April Omega has Thai International at £513 at time of this Post Saturday 30th

I've liked your other post hopefully so you see this

Edited

22nd to 24th is available at £714 Eva and £731 Thai

Not sure how long the link lasts but all 3 Fares over travel supermarket

https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/flight/results/LON/2016-03-22/BKK/2016-04-24/1/0/0/E/0/true/true/

I cannot go that early for parenting reasons

You can get KLM Business for just over £1400. Just book that.

Just a short hop then one main flight.

You can even stock-up on duty-paid stuff at Schipol on the way back.

I found a business class fare with Sri Lankan airlines from Heathrow for £1083 in May (even cheaper if you start in Paris), looks tempting - anyone have any experience with them?

This year will be my fourth in a row with them. I bought my BKK>LHR>BKK ticket for GBP1000 last week when their sale was still on.

I wouldn't buy their tickets if I didnt think they were worth it!

The only real problem with them is that their schedule from the UK means that you have at least a 12 hour stopover in CMB in the LHR>BKK direction. But they put you up in a nice enough hotel for the duration. Everything else is fine and in many ways they are better than a lot of other carriers who do discount business class. Oh, and they use the BA lounge at LHR T3 which is very mediocre and very crowded. Lounge in BKK is OK. Lounge in CMB is good, and that's the one you will spend most time in.