IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

there has been some talk on this topic about premium economy on EVA. While not business class, the seats are much better than economy for most people. They are my 1st choice.  

I've just flown EVA Business from LHR to BKK.

It was good, but it was still difficult for me. Just about enough room to make it bearable. The food is incidental but wasn't that good.

I couldn't cope with Premium Economy and certainly not Economy.

It's a shame as it makes it much more expensive to get here.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I've booked a qatar flight for december and out of curiosity, i checked the same flights in business class.

It was 4.2 times more. Ouch. Can't justify that. Nice way to travel though.

I'm flying Qatar tomorrow, from Stockholm to Bangkok. Business, of course, for the relatively justifiable price of £775. Which is about double of what an economy ticket with them would cost me, and let's say 3 times the absolute cheapest ticket I could find, ever. (Not so super keen on flying economy with Ukraine International, though...)

The "trick" is to keep an eye out for when the airlines have their big sales. I just went back and forth with Turkish, for instance, for even less. That was ~£730.

• 1 month later...

Didn't believe it when I found these fares earlier today. I just wish I could take advantage.

Direct Business Class with either Thai or EVA from LHR to BKK for £1600. Return flight New Year's Eve. Flight out various dates in early December (3, 4, 5, 6).

Thai is on their website. Evening flight from LHR and morning flight from BKK only.

EVA available through a few agents.

From memory, the actual fares were £1597 for EVA and £1608 for Thai.

• Like 2

Just checked the dates on my late November trip (which was booked on miles) to see what it would cost to get me there and back in business class....it's down to $2,900 on China Southern!

The Cathay flights that I am on would still set me back over $5,700, though.

Once my "miles war chest" is diminished, I'm going to be seriously looking at China Southern, China Eastern, etc.

Just checked the dates on my late November trip (which was booked on miles) to see what it would cost to get me there and back in business class....it's down to $2,900 on China Southern!

Once my "miles war chest" is diminished, I'm going to be seriously looking at China Southern, China Eastern, etc.

China Southern in the A380 from LAX to CAN is not bad, especially for that price.

Back and forth with Cathay is still about $2100 for me. (I'd have to survive about 3 hours total with BA in economy first and last, though. Totally worth it, I can spend a couple hours in the First lounges at Heathrow to recover from/prepare for the ordeal.)

Sure it takes a bit longer than the fastest alternatives, but in business with Cathay, you just don't give a shit about a couple of hours more here and there.

• Like 2

China Southern in the A380 from LAX to CAN is not bad, especially for that price.

Yep - taken that route before and I'm flying the same long haul leg to get to convention in the middle of nowhere in China this fall.

My "tip" is to get a window/side seat in the biz class seating because it nets you to HUGE storage bins against the fuselage.  I think that the seats in the "middle section" have bigger overhead bins, but less storage in/around the seat itself.

I think that may be the case with biz class on all A380s (it seemed that way on Korean, as well)

China Eastern has new 777s doing the LAX-Shanghai route.  They may be worth a look at some point.

For China Eastern/China Southern, aren't some of these cheaper business flights 'hybrids,' where U.S. to China is business, but China to BKK is economy?

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

For China Eastern/China Southern, aren't some of these cheaper business flights 'hybrids,' where U.S. to China is business, but China to BKK is economy?

You need to check the ticket to be sure, but my flights have always been business all the way through.

That said, the plane for CAN-BKK is a different model -- not lie flat seats, all aisle access, etc.  More like domestic biz class here in the USA.

Yesterday saw on Thai Airways site London to Bangkok return in November, on the re-introduced boeing 777 flight leaving lhr at about 21.30 a business e special saver fare of £1600 return

I've just flown EVA Business from LHR to BKK.

It was good, but it was still difficult for me. Just about enough room to make it bearable. The food is incidental but wasn't that good.

I couldn't cope with Premium Economy and certainly not Economy.

It's a shame as it makes it much more expensive to get here.

So are you a massive man or as tall as a tree.

Business class difficult ??? WTF.

have you not tried some medication to make you relax & sleep.

Expensive to get there ??? yes to true.

Jack.

I'm flying Qatar tomorrow, from Stockholm to Bangkok. Business, of course, for the relatively justifiable price of £775. Which is about double of what an economy ticket with them would cost me, and let's say 3 times the absolute cheapest ticket I could find, ever. (Not so super keen on flying economy with Ukraine International, though...)

The "trick" is to keep an eye out for when the airlines have their big sales. I just went back and forth with Turkish, for instance, for even less. That was ~£730.

WOW where are you getting Business class this cheap mate ????

Yesterday saw on Thai Airways site London to Bangkok return in November, on the re-introduced boeing 777 flight leaving lhr at about 21.30 a business e special saver fare of £1600 return

Good info & a great deal direct with Thai.

Update:

Already keeping an eye on next Christmas though won't book for a while!

Flights via AMS connecting with China Air now showing up at around £1400 for some dates inc. staying over Xmas & New Year (eg 13/12-3/1).

Fare is available from LHR and CWL so may well be available from other regional airports. Long waits in AMS both ways (4-8 hrs).

These fares show up quite regularly but tend not to be available for very long.

China air enough said, like anything in this world you get what you pay for.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I'm booked on EVA Air Business class for my next trip. Not at a bargain price, £2012.

There were many other business class tickets available at a lower cost but not direct. Direct business class you can get a good sleep without having to change planes half way through the journey.

EVA's 1-2-1 formation also suits me a lot better than BA where they seem to cram a lot more seats in. I'll be in 3A out and 3A back, so a window and Isle seat rolled into one.

I'm booked on EVA Air Business class for my next trip. Not at a bargain price, £2012.

There were many other business class tickets available at a lower cost but not direct. Direct business class you can get a good sleep without having to change planes half way through the journey.

EVA's 1-2-1 formation also suits me a lot better than BA where they seem to cram a lot more seats in. I'll be in 3A out and 3A back, so a window and Isle seat rolled into one.

I was in 1A on both flights with them on my recent trip. Flight out was OK, flight back was the best I've had so far.

Just be prepared for a long hike from check-in at LHR to the Lounge and gate.

I was in 1A on both flights with them on my recent trip. Flight out was OK, flight back was the best I've had so far.

Just be prepared for a long hike from check-in at LHR to the Lounge and gate.

What's the lounge like? I've never used it before.

What's the lounge like? I've never used it before.

They use the Air Canada lounge. Is a little tucked away upstairs before you get to the gates.

It wasn't the best Business Lounge I've been in but it was OK.

I don't drink alcohol when flying, but plenty of free booze if you wanted. I stuck to the on-tap sparkling mineral water. Some warm pasta and snacks and sandwiches.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The wi-fi was OK though the staff were rather cold.

They have their own lounge at BKK which was better but very busy as they have a flight going to Taipei at about the same time. Staff were very helpful and it had the most hi-tech toilets I'd ever seen :-) Wi-fi was very good.

image.jpgimage.jpg

WOW where are you getting Business class this cheap mate ????

Sorry, I've been having those computer woes, lately. So a bit late to answer.

But it's really a question of being interested and keeping an eye out for the really good sales. To be honest, if you count all the time I spend looking for great fares and translate that to actual paying work hours, my business tickets would probably be more like £5k ;)

So unless you approach it as a kind of hobby, it might be rather a bit too tedious and you're better off just paying the normal price.

Sorry, I've been having those computer woes, lately. So a bit late to answer.

But it's really a question of being interested and keeping an eye out for the really good sales. To be honest, if you count all the time I spend looking for great fares and translate that to actual paying work hours, my business tickets would probably be more like £5k ;)

So unless you approach it as a kind of hobby, it might be rather a bit too tedious and you're better off just paying the normal price.

You answered that like a Politician.

Said lots but did not answer the question.

I do get your point that said.