Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

Just now, davidge said:

I’d miss the Lounge. I can’t use the chauffeur anyway as I’m too far from the airport and I’m not going to get enough points for an upgrade. Really depends if they significantly reduce the fare or not.

Exactly.

I live in Valencia and Emirates don't fly out of here.

So for me, it's a slep to Madrid or Paris. 

Not use therefore for s chauffeur. 

Yeh, the lounge access is nice, particularly if a longish wait, but it's not a deal breaker.

Let's see what the fares are.

15 minutes ago, rickyroo said:

Exactly.

Yeh, the lounge access is nice, particularly if a longish wait, but it's not a deal breaker.

Yes.

Though I MUCH prefer direct as I struggle with airports so they’d need to be significantly cheaper anyway, even though they’re a better airline than BA or Thai, or even Eva. Also, circumstances at the moment mean I usually have to spend a lot of time at LHR so the lounge is a big plus. Always possible to pay for Lounge access though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

42 minutes ago, xc1 said:

Have you been to MotoGP in Thailand before?I’ve gone a few times in the States and keep intending to plan a trip around the Thailand round. Curious if there are other activities/concerts at the same time or if it’s just the race and go back to the room. Enjoy your trip!

No not been before I think its only its second year .. went to malaysia few years back which was excellent but no extra concerts  not sure if there is any other activities/ concerts of the like for the thai one . Buriram still seems to be catching up with  hotel, infrastructure etc for the amount of people MOTOGP  attracts... we really struggled to get rooms this year but got a local who knew a hotel that was not advertised on the internet etc  and just about got us 3 rooms.  That was 5 months ago.  so if you do go book your hotel early. 

Edited by T-T-T

Mate of mine does Emirates Bizz 2/3 times per yr. he got back last week he has now been upgraded to Gold class and chauffeur told him where before was 70 miles as crow flies its now 50 miles by road. He lives less than 70 miles by crow but 58 by road so next time books he will have to get a lift to mine then chauffeur as I'm 46 miles by road

3 minutes ago, bigbadbaz said:

Mate of mine does Emirates Bizz 2/3 times per yr. he got back last week he has now been upgraded to Gold class and chauffeur told him where before was 70 miles as crow flies its now 50 miles by road. He lives less than 70 miles by crow but 58 by road so next time books he will have to get a lift to mine then chauffeur as I'm 46 miles by road

I’m nearly 180 miles from LHR so I’ve got no chance :rolleyes:

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

11 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’m nearly 180 miles from LHR so I’ve got no chance :rolleyes:

I'm 385 kilometres from Madrid so I know the feeling. 

Ba business didn't look  great, really don't like those backward looking seats. Ife was ancient, I'm talking Windows 3.1, plane was old. I would say their staff were quite good even in premium economy but having to pay extra to book a seat is stupid when you are paying a hefty premium.

I have got so used to lounge access that I book it even when not flying business. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 16:44, hammerman said:

Gulf air business lhr to bkk return is coming in at just over £1400 for autumn dates.

787 both ways 180° recline, good times with short stopovers. Sky chef.

Did the same flight last year at the bargain price of  £1066. 

Still good value against all others at this price

the time i flew gulf I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely fly them again. The only issue i had though was over indulging on the cheese board at the transfer lounge and the farts I was letting rip on the second leg were a enough to pressurise the cabin by itself. 

I just flew back from the UK with Oman. The round-trip ticket was around £1800 which I thought was quite reasonable. The plane on both legs was a 787-9 with the business class upgraded to Apex suites. I've got to hand it to them, these are the best BC seats I've come across, loads of room and plenty of privacy. I was able to sleep for a few hours on both legs thanks to the comfy flat bed. Great service and really enjoyable flights. Here's a couple of photos. In the one I took while sitting down you can just see my scruffy trainers at the bottom of the photo. That was with my legs fully stretched out and I'm not a midget so you can see just how spacious the Apex suites are. The partition between the seats has to be down for take-off and landing, but otherwise you have a button that raises it during the flight to maximise your privacy if you don't know the person sitting in the next seat. Full marks to Oman Air for a great product anyway, as long as the price stays on the right side of two grand I'll be happy to give them my custom.

IMG20190621085543.thumb.jpg.d4651960096106f676a40ef141ca8ca4.jpg

IMG20190621085608.thumb.jpg.f771397a6defe58455391e0f1e838dc9.jpg

17 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Oman Air

Looks very good indeed with the slight exception of the trolly dolly. Hardly going to give you a stiffy contemplating enticing her into the booth for a quick knee trembler. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I just flew back from the UK with Oman. The round-trip ticket was around £1800 which I thought was quite reasonable. The plane on both legs was a 787-9 with the business class upgraded to Apex suites. I've got to hand it to them, these are the best BC seats I've come across, loads of room and plenty of privacy. I was able to sleep for a few hours on both legs thanks to the comfy flat bed. Great service and really enjoyable flights. Here's a couple of photos. In the one I took while sitting down you can just see my scruffy trainers at the bottom of the photo. That was with my legs fully stretched out and I'm not a midget so you can see just how spacious the Apex suites are. The partition between the seats has to be down for take-off and landing, but otherwise you have a button that raises it during the flight to maximise your privacy if you don't know the person sitting in the next seat. Full marks to Oman Air for a great product anyway, as long as the price stays on the right side of two grand I'll be happy to give them my custom.

The Apex suite is brilliant used on Gulf air as well... only down side I found the seats a little hard but they will give you an extra quilt when they make up your bed if you wish to sleep on ...  for the price and privacy it is unbeatable product. DO Oman & Gulf share there points by any chance does anybody know ? 

On 18/06/2019 at 15:11, davidge said:

Emirates unbundles business class fares.

You’ve heard of Basic Economy. Emirates is the first major carrier to provide Basic Business.

The Dubai-based airline has rolled out a new business class ‘special’ fare, where some of the perks of business travel are removed, supposedly in exchange for a lower price.

The new fare does not provide chauffeur transfers, lounge access, or points upgrades to first.

Passengers are able to select their seats only 48-hours prior to their flight.

Some readers, however, have reported that ‘special’ tickets listed on the Emirates website are the same price as the old saver option.

An Emirates spokesperson for the carrier told Business Traveller: “After carefully reviewing the evolving travel preferences of our valued customers, Emirates will introduce a new ‘Special’ fare for business class, thereby expanding our existing fare options (Saver, Flex and Flex Plus) with even more choice and flexibility depending on their travel requirements.

“Our business class special fares will be offered on certain routes based on seasonal trends in travel demand.

“Passengers booked on a Special fare will continue to enjoy our award-winning services and products on board, a generous baggage allowance of up to 40kg and priority boarding at their convenience.”

In the past year, unbundled economy fares have proven very popular with major carriers around the world.

The new travel class was introduced so major airlines could compete more effectively with ultra-low-cost carriers.

It’s currently unclear if other airlines plan on following Emirates’ lead on the basic business idea.

This idea suits me I travel business so I can sleep not interested in the frills   .. not interested in drinking champagne or any alcohol for that matter... dont need the 60KG -90kg luggage , dont need a lift to the Airport .. so if you could just pay for the lounge, seat and meal at a discount would be great.  

22 hours ago, Hamchang said:

Looks very good indeed with the slight exception of the trolly dolly. Hardly going to give you a stiffy contemplating enticing her into the booth for a quick knee trembler. 

That's one of the passengers, not a stewardess, lol!

Maybe my only niggle with the flight was that on my side of the BC cabin we were served by a young guy, he might have been an Omani of Indian or Pakistani extraction, hard to tell, or maybe just a guest worker from the sub-continent. I gather they use many different nationalities as cabin crew, two years ago I was looked after by a cute Filipina lady who kept my champagne glass topped up all the way from Muscat back to London.

20 hours ago, T-T-T said:

The Apex suite is brilliant used on Gulf air as well... only down side I found the seats a little hard but they will give you an extra quilt when they make up your bed if you wish to sleep on ...  for the price and privacy it is unbeatable product. DO Oman & Gulf share there points by any chance does anybody know ? 

They seem to give you so many different items that it's hard to know what to do with them, I had a blanket, a quilt and a set of silk pyjamas, but the only thing I really wanted or used were the slippers that came with the pyjamas.

The seats also have a built-in back massager so sadly you've got no excuse for asking the stewardess to rub your back and ease the tension!

23 hours ago, Inigo said:

I concur. Flew Oman Air Business Class LHR to BKK few weeks ago on the B787 Dreamliner and like my previous experiences it was excellent. Even their Business Class seats on the older A330 were superb as they had a 1:2:1 configuration of seats. The Newer B787 Seat configuration in Business is 2:2:2 but the seats at the windows have direct access to the middle of the cabin without having to disturb the the person next to you.because of how the seats are designed.  The food was sumptuous and in flight entertainment outstanding. I fly with them regularly and Have flown economy too which is a good product. Had a look in their first class cabin on the B 787 and that looked amazing but far too expensive for myself especially when their business class provides everything I want for flight.  See photos below including the electronic bum gun in the Business class loo  which was very refreshing.  

5621B0A0-024B-4FF4-9EFF-065D5B43C6E4.jpeg

CBAF3F32-9C73-44C0-B8E5-2A917CC1829A.jpeg

2AEDC9C2-184B-41CA-B580-93533E2673F0.jpeg

B845E266-0F7C-4041-8517-5BAEEFF5E0E5.jpeg

Edited by cheetzie

54 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

In a toilet? You'd think they might like to clean the shit off of the control. That's disgusting - almost down to BA's level of poor hygiene. 

15 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

In a toilet? You'd think they might like to clean the shit off of the control. That's disgusting - almost down to BA's level of poor hygiene. 

Why would the control be less hygienic than say the door handle or water tap?

I would say it would be more hygienic as it reduces the need to wipe yourself and by that get dirty hands that would touch other places before being washed. 

1 hour ago, eXplosief said:

Why would the control be less hygienic than say the door handle or water tap?

I would say it would be more hygienic as it reduces the need to wipe yourself and by that get dirty hands that would touch other places before being washed. 

I'm talking about the physical build up of shit in that pictures and not the traces you learnt about from a TV advert selling you chemical cleaners matey. I was pointing out that it needed a clean. 

8 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

I'm talking about the physical build up of shit in that pictures and not the traces you learnt about from a TV advert selling you chemical cleaners matey. I was pointing out that it needed a clean. 

Sorry missed the dirt in the ridge underneath the control. 

Hope that is no shit. 

17 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

Sorry missed the dirt in the ridge underneath the control. 

Hope that is no shit. 

Me too. 

On 22/06/2019 at 09:55, Hamchang said:

Mate, I assure you that lady is not an air stewardess from Oman Air.

29 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

Mate, I assure you that lady is not an air stewardess from Oman Air.

Indeed - it's not BA after all with their trans geriatric trolly dolly's they have. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2019 at 10:16, cheetzie said:

I concur. Flew Oman Air Business Class LHR to BKK few weeks ago on the B787 Dreamliner and like my previous experiences it was excellent. Even their Business Class seats on the older A330 were superb as they had a 1:2:1 configuration of seats. The Newer B787 Seat configuration in Business is 2:2:2 but the seats at the windows have direct access to the middle of the cabin without having to disturb the the person next to you.because of how the seats are designed.  The food was sumptuous and in flight entertainment outstanding. I fly with them regularly and Have flown economy too which is a good product. Had a look in their first class cabin on the B 787 and that looked amazing but far too expensive for myself especially when their business class provides everything I want for flight.  See photos below including the electronic bum gun in the Business class loo  which was very refreshing.  

5621B0A0-024B-4FF4-9EFF-065D5B43C6E4.jpeg

CBAF3F32-9C73-44C0-B8E5-2A917CC1829A.jpeg

B845E266-0F7C-4041-8517-5BAEEFF5E0E5.jpeg

I did Paris to Bangkok with Oman business class early this year. Very impressed and it cost me 1400 quid! Bargain!

14 hours ago, bullseye said:

I did Paris to Bangkok with Oman business class early this year. Very impressed and it cost me 1400 quid! Bargain!

Great price!  Usually they are much higher than that. Some premium economy flights are near that price! 

On 19/06/2019 at 00:19, rickyroo said:

Exactly.

Turkish fly from Valencia, correct?