Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

Got an email from avianca life miles. Points on sale for a few weeks for half price with bonus miles based on qty purchased. Not cheapest deal ever but you can book other star alliance carriers with their miles. Worked out to about half the retail  price for flights I take from the US.  

Anyone here use Sri Lanka airlines Business class???

I'm seeing a great price, for my trip next year, one way, BKK to Melbourne for $1,400 AUD, in April 2020

That's on the Sri Lankan airlines website price 

Edited by The Serpent

Just booked another exEU flight with Qatar from Stockholm for a little over £1300. With a little playing about I've got three legs on A350s with Qsuites and the last leg on an 787 which has pretty good seats too.

Last time I set off early and spent the day in Stockholm which was a fascinating city. This time I've booked a stopover on the way back to have a quick look at Doha. If you use multi city to do your booking it's easy to engineer a minimum twelve hour stop that allows you to book a five star hotel for around £22 for the night.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/qatar-stopover.html

Edited by thinkingallowed

Thats a good suggestion - not stopped in Qatar - might try it on a trip later this year.

AFAIK the stop over in Doha isn't restricted to business class. 

A little research leads me to believe that an Uber to and from the airport is going to be under £10.

Edited by thinkingallowed

8 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Just booked another exEU flight with Qatar from Stockholm for a little over £1300. With a little playing about I've got three legs on A350s with Qsuites and the last leg on an 787 which has pretty good seats too.

Last time I set off early and spent the day in Stockholm which was a fascinating city. This time I've booked a stopover on the way back to have a quick look at Doha. If you use multi city to do your booking it's easy to engineer a minimum twelve hour stop that allows you to book a five star hotel for around £22 for the night.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/qatar-stopover.html

Just booked BKK-DOH-MAN return for September & manged to get Q-Suites on all 4 legs for 68K THB - Very happy :)

• Like 3

Just had a look for December 7-28 Man to Bkk with 2 nights in Doha on the way out and it's £2104. More than I want to pay but 2 nights in a 5 star for £20 per night helps balance things so it's worth me having a look at the hotels and see what's to do for a couple of days 

I had a look at stuff to do in Qatar for a couple of days, looks like there is fuck all to do so the Bizz class lounge it is. 

It seems we can go in 4x4 driving over shit load of sand or go to shopping malls and visit a couple of temples. My heart goes out to the poor bastards going to the World Cup next year

Got emailed this not tried to book but thought I would pass on 

Not the lowest we've seen, but definitely some good-looking business class rates to Bangkok here over the peak summer holiday months :-)

5-star rated Etihad is generally regarded as one of the top business class experiences, particularly on their 787-Dreamliners and A380s, which fly between the UK and Abu Dhabi. You can have a look at their business class seats here. Extra bags, lounge access, lie-flat seats, etc.

To:

Bangkok (BKK)

London (LHR) - £1266
Manchester (MAN) - £1266
Travel Dates: July - August

Airline: Etihad (5-star)

Standard Fare: £2200

Bags: Checked bag included

Book by: These should last 1-2 days

On 22/05/2019 at 22:32, bigbadbaz said:

I had a look at stuff to do in Qatar for a couple of days, looks like there is fuck all to do so the Bizz class lounge it is. 

It seems we can go in 4x4 driving over shit load of sand or go to shopping malls and visit a couple of temples. My heart goes out to the poor bastards going to the World Cup next year

Anyone going to the world cup in Qatar next year has my sympathy too, because they'll be 2 years early for it.

I spent a day in Doha and rather enjoyed it. The I.M. Pei designed museum of Islamic Art is worth visiting just to see the building. The Souq is also fun to explore, and there's lots of good Persian food. It's easy to get around with Uber, and there's a new underground that just opened.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 31/05/2019 at 08:19, Eric Le Roi said:

Anyone going to the world cup in Qatar next year has my sympathy too, because they'll be 2 years early for it.

Ha ha,

they will be really be bored shitless by then. I would like to say it was a deliberate mistake but this getting older bollocks really does effect the brain 

• Like 1

Update on my BA flight: 

Just passed the 4-week mark and happened to check my booking. Meal selection for my outward flight was available. Unlike Eva, or even Thai, where there were several options it was just a choice from 1 meat, 1 fish & 1 vegetarian. Clearly more about BA not having to make too many meals than actually providing a service to passengers.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I’m sorry to say BA is a bit of a joke now in Business.
Even First Class is not that much better than Eva Business, yes a bit more room but food and service not as good IMO. Goodness knows who designed the seat and IFE controls - clearly not a frequent traveller.

I gather that are upgrading their Biz seats slowly on the new A350’s but by the time they have finished the others will have moved on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 05/01/2015 at 12:57, davidge said:

I know most BM's look for good Economy fares, but a few of us slightly older, slightly decrepit gentlemen (and some rich f*+$€#s) now fly in Business Class.

I didn't find it easy finding out about decent fares when I first joined the board, so thought I'd share what little I've picked up.

Hopefully, other BM's will post offers they find.

I'll be quoting fares from LHR to BKK, as it's the closest airport to me (I don't count Cardiff as the only option is via Amsterdam on a tiny plane!)

So, for various times during 2015 I've found the following (I'll round to nearest £50):

Biman Bangladesh £1150 - very long stopovers, and I'd never use them but often offer this fare;

EgyptAir £1350 - usually one longish stopover for this fare, but not always. Available for many dates. Old-style Business Class. Really can't see me using them;

KLM/China Air £1700 - fare varies, can be cheaper but not often. KLM to Amsterdam. NOT proper Business Class seats on this flight. Available from many regional airports;

Qatar £1750 - offering this fare on many dates through 2015. Been reduced to this recently;

Malaysia £1800 - sometimes cheaper. Usually the cheapest of the non-cheapo airlines but not cheap enough for me to consider using them;

Around £1900 - Emirates, Oman, Royal Jordanian, EVA (cheapest direct);

BA - £1950;

Thai - £2400.

There are many others! FinnAir, Sri Lanka, Air India can have offers. Fares between £1600 and £2000.

Fares are starting to come down with the oil price but not by the same proportion as some Economy fares.

At the moment, I'm still looking at EVA direct as the best flight. If one of the other 'decent' airlines were 20-25% cheaper than them I could change my mind.

If you find better fares please let me know!

Instead of flying from LHR try Paris CDG £1300 RT on Austrian or Swiss, Top class airlines. if you have not got luggage take an easyjet flight into CDG, If you have luggage then it is Eurostar Train London-Paris 2 hrs, Paris to CDG Airport. or pay for the luggage on easy jet Same Airlines Ex LHR to BKK around 2800 euro or about abot £1150 MORE EXPENSIVE, than fm Paris CDG. Use www. google/flights

1. OS.png
    20:15  14:20+1
    Austrian
    13 h 5 m
    CDGBKK
    1 stop
    1 h 5 m VIE
    €1,501
    round trip

LX.png
    15:05  09:35+1
    SWISS
    13 h 30 m
    CDGBKK
    1 stop
    1 h 35 m ZRH
    €1,501
    round trip

14 minutes ago, dingbat22 said:

Instead of flying from LHR try Paris CDG £1300 RT on Austrian or Swiss, Top class airlines. if you have not got luggage take an easyjet flight into CDG, If you have luggage then it is Eurostar Train London-Paris 2 hrs, Paris to CDG Airport. or pay for the luggage on easy jet Same Airlines Ex LHR to BKK around 2800 euro or about abot £1150 MORE EXPENSIVE, than fm Paris CDG. Use www. google/flights

1. OS.png
    20:15  14:20+1
    Austrian
    13 h 5 m
    CDGBKK
    1 stop
    1 h 5 m VIE
    €1,501
    round trip

LX.png
    15:05  09:35+1
    SWISS
    13 h 30 m
    CDGBKK
    1 stop
    1 h 35 m ZRH
    €1,501
    round trip

Thanks. I think that’s been covered a few times. I know it suits some people but I wouldn’t consider it. The entire point for me is to make the journey as easy as possible - I find airports difficult- so adding another flight/airport is just not an option. I fly direct whenever possible though consider one-stop indirect if it’s significantly cheaper.

On 10/06/2019 at 16:31, tt2008 said:

I’m sorry to say BA is a bit of a joke now in Business.
Even First Class is not that much better than Eva Business, yes a bit more room but food and service not as good IMO. Goodness knows who designed the seat and IFE controls - clearly not a frequent traveller.

I gather that are upgrading their Biz seats slowly on the new A350’s but by the time they have finished the others will have moved on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BA's summer marketing campaign. "We love you Britain. You make us who we are" and my response is always "What? Shit? Don't blame us for you being utter garbage". 

Utterly dreadful. Considering the amount of passengers going through the UK BA have utterly tossed it up. They really should be right at the top of the game, but instead, they seem to be run by knobbers who probably have private jets and never get on their flights. 

• Like 1

Emirates unbundles business class fares.

You’ve heard of Basic Economy. Emirates is the first major carrier to provide Basic Business.

The Dubai-based airline has rolled out a new business class ‘special’ fare, where some of the perks of business travel are removed, supposedly in exchange for a lower price.

The new fare does not provide chauffeur transfers, lounge access, or points upgrades to first.

Passengers are able to select their seats only 48-hours prior to their flight.

Some readers, however, have reported that ‘special’ tickets listed on the Emirates website are the same price as the old saver option.

An Emirates spokesperson for the carrier told Business Traveller: “After carefully reviewing the evolving travel preferences of our valued customers, Emirates will introduce a new ‘Special’ fare for business class, thereby expanding our existing fare options (Saver, Flex and Flex Plus) with even more choice and flexibility depending on their travel requirements.

“Our business class special fares will be offered on certain routes based on seasonal trends in travel demand.

“Passengers booked on a Special fare will continue to enjoy our award-winning services and products on board, a generous baggage allowance of up to 40kg and priority boarding at their convenience.”

In the past year, unbundled economy fares have proven very popular with major carriers around the world.

The new travel class was introduced so major airlines could compete more effectively with ultra-low-cost carriers.

It’s currently unclear if other airlines plan on following Emirates’ lead on the basic business idea.

• Like 2

On 15/06/2019 at 10:34, Hamchang said:

BA's summer marketing campaign. "We love you Britain. You make us who we are" and my response is always "What? Shit? Don't blame us for you being utter garbage". 

Utterly dreadful. Considering the amount of passengers going through the UK BA have utterly tossed it up. They really should be right at the top of the game, but instead, they seem to be run by knobbers who probably have private jets and never get on their flights. 

Planes are invariably full though

Gulf air business lhr to bkk return is coming in at just over £1400 for autumn dates.

787 both ways 180° recline, good times with short stopovers. Sky chef.

Did the same flight last year at the bargain price of  £1066. 

Still good value against all others at this price

13 minutes ago, hammerman said:

Gulf air business lhr to bkk return is coming in at just over £1400 for autumn dates.

787 both ways 180° recline, good times with short stopovers. Sky chef.

Did the same flight last year at the bargain price of  £1066. 

Still good value against all others at this price

DO like this gulf flight for the money don't think it can be beaten.  got my flight booked for the autumn economy and using my points to up grade. Off to see the MotoGP :-) plus splash to pattaya  ... 

1 hour ago, T-T-T said:

DO like this gulf flight for the money don't think it can be beaten.  got my flight booked for the autumn economy and using my points to up grade. Off to see the MotoGP :-) plus splash to pattaya  ... 

Have you been to MotoGP in Thailand before?I’ve gone a few times in the States and keep intending to plan a trip around the Thailand round. Curious if there are other activities/concerts at the same time or if it’s just the race and go back to the room. Enjoy your trip!

@davidge. Yeh, i read that information on a news update a few days ago.

Will be interested in how it pans out when emirates release more info.

Personally, I can live without chauffeurs, lounge access etc.

Its the seat and space, priority security  amd immigration I want.

Just now, rickyroo said:

@davidge. Yeh, i read that information on a news update a few days ago.

Will be interested in how it pans out when emirates release more info.

Personally, I can live without chauffeurs, lounge access etc.

Its the seat and space, priority security  amd immigration I want.

I’d miss the Lounge. I can’t use the chauffeur anyway as I’m too far from the airport and I’m not going to get enough points for an upgrade. Really depends if they significantly reduce the fare or not.