IGNORED

Minix TV boxes for sale UK & USA TV for free

lanzalad

I would think their is an upcoming schedule of all the major sporting events and which channels will show them, I use the sports donkey repository on xbmc and this has that feature.

What does that mean in English?

Is that something I can look at before I get the box?

Or is that something that is on the box?

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that mean in English?

Is that something I can look at before I get the box?

Or is that something that is on the box?

In English, you could Google "Sports Donkey Kodi" and get all sorts of information, including YouTube reviews and installation guides. 

All you need really, is a working Kodi installation, so yes, you could look at it before buying a box -- assuming you have a laptop, desktop, tablet, or something to install Kodi on. And yes, you could also install it on any android media box.

That help any?

hi,my showbox has stopped working.when i go to play a download it just reverts to the main home screen.it will download but not play.cheers dave.

I don't mean to confuse anyone, I don't have a box from the OP but have a similar service using xbmc. I'm pretty sure phill has configured some kind of schedule but wait for him to advise you about that, he'll update this thread when he has time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

In English, you could Google "Sports Donkey Kodi" and get all sorts of information, including YouTube reviews and installation guides. 

All you need really, is a working Kodi installation, so yes, you could look at it before buying a box -- assuming you have a laptop, desktop, tablet, or something to install Kodi on. And yes, you could also install it on any android media box.

That help any?

Yes thats ok if you want to watch tv on your laptop, for me my lap top is on my lap or table while i have the minix box for the tv .....

And yes you can download things all the time  and keep them up to date and each for more things new.

I fully load the box so it makes it easy and to be fair yes i do use XBMC but like i've said before its a very small part of the box...

i mainly use the XBMC just to carry my own channels on servers i pay for my self..

post-53412-0-55520100-1438330936.png

post-53412-0-83533200-1438330961.png

Screenshot_2015-08-01-06-09-58.png

Screenshot_2015-08-01-06-10-09.png

You don't get this by using google or you tube.

i also do all the on going work and keep the box up to date with the new help and support app i created as follows:-

Screenshot_2015-04-08-11-06-52-e1429332093596.png

Screenshot_2015-04-08-11-07-00-e1429332408766.png

Regarding support

----------------------

You can download the latest version of any app using the help & support app i created.

Just go into the app on the minix box and click on get access now  then click on install the latest apps.

There many new ones and updates inside ready to download direct on to the box.

I also offer a full update for anyone in pattaya or a remote access support.

This way you can drop your box off to me and i'll flash your box with the latest firm ware or i can remote access the box and do it for you.

This makes your box self updating firmware from minix as the 3rd icon from the left and my support icon is the 4th from the left:

Screenshot_2015-07-31-20-37-02 copy.png

I don't know of any other android box that does this and i don't know of any other resellers that give this as support.

Now that is the you get when any one buys a box from me but your more than welcome to buy a box from anywhere you like and see if you get the support or help you need to keep everything up to date.

I change a small fee for the servers and i also run a support forum and yes there's a fee for loading the box full of my info on top of the retail price of a box but when you take into account the time it may take you to get a few things from google or you tube you may as well not have bothered buying a blank box.

hi,my showbox has stopped working.when i go to play a download it just reverts to the main home screen.it will download but not play.cheers dave.

PM sent

--------

Here's my number 0800 460 782

give me a call and i'll talk you thru it mate

I guess you know your stuff about kodi, xbmc, spmc, tvmc, stalker, and many more....

All of them listed are free open source blank media players that are very versatile in what you can do with them....

So lets go to the very beginning XBMC ( X BOX MEDIA CENTRE ) yes part of micro soft and part of the x box firmware.

now microsoft paid a company to create a media program for the X box and then decided on not to pay the license fee so the company the put the program to open source for development.

nothing will happen with the program as it carries nothing and comes blank, it the developers than create addon files that makes the program work in the way it does...

Here's a link that will tell you more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodi_(software)

From KODI

Kodi™ (formerly known as XBMC™) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet. 

Disclaimer: Kodi does not provide any media itself. Users must provide their own content or manually point Kodi to third party online services. The Kodi project does not provide any support for bootleg video content.

I hope this cover it and explains what the XBMC/KODI is just a media centre / hub..

To me who’s in the know about this, its like putting the blame on “note pad” when someone else that writes on it…

That help any?

Errrr……no. I am technological pond life. I would not know a Kodi or xbmc if they punched me in the mouth!!

I had a demo from Phil last week…looks great. Just waiting to get my 3BB installed in next couple of days.

All Phil can do is say what "channels" are on the service e.g. Setanta, BeIN Sports, Sky, BT Sport, whatever

The problem is that these "channels" keep buying different broadcast rights for different sports "content/programs" in different countries around the world

Was just wondering if there was an easy source of this info somewhere….no big deal, looks like there is a very wide range of channels/content/programs on the box

Hi Phil

That box I bought from you June 28 at your place works a treat here in the Nederlands

I've just got rid of my 2 sat dishes.... as I can get more on the box.

Many thanks mate

Paul

The Paultain Experience (Chronicles of a Whore Monger) Also the book is available in ebook format for ipad, ipod & iphone!!!!

http://www.blurb.com.../detail/1200741

Trip Report 2009

http://www.pattaya-a...-paultain-2009/

Trip Report 2010

http://www.pattaya-a...67#entry1185467

Errrr……no. I am technological pond life. I would not know a Kodi or xbmc if they punched me in the mouth!!

I had a demo from Phil last week…looks great. Just waiting to get my 3BB installed in next couple of days.

All Phil can do is say what "channels" are on the service e.g. Setanta, BeIN Sports, Sky, BT Sport, whatever

The problem is that these "channels" keep buying different broadcast rights for different sports "content/programs" in different countries around the world

Was just wondering if there was an easy source of this info somewhere….no big deal, looks like there is a very wide range of channels/content/programs on the box

Just google "premier league broadcasters" or whatever sport and there will be a list on wikipedia. 

On the box I don't know.

Well just to let anyone know who has tried to contact me..

I've been in the condo sick as a dog for the last 5 days...I don't know what i had but it's knocked me for six and i've not been able to stand for too long a fever all the time  and i've only eaten every other day.

But i'm back on my feet again and feeling lots better today...

I did have a few BM wanting boxes but i just couldn't get out and about...

Sounds like when I had dengue. You have little red spots for a while?  Anyway, glad to hear you're on the mend.

I have the box and find that by far the best App for me is 'ILikeHDtv' but you have to pay 450 baht per month to get it. Great HD quality.

I watched all the Rugby on Setanta Sports via T-Sport 4 and also like Nat Geo Wild..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I have the box and find that by far the best App for me is 'ILikeHDtv' but you have to pay 450 baht per month to get it. Great HD quality.

I watched all the Rugby on Setanta Sports via T-Sport 4 and also like Nat Geo Wild..

I have gone for the 3BB 15mb service, rather than just the 10, to give some extra oomph….just waiting to be installed, then will probably start with the free service and add the ILikeHDTV later if required

This is a really interesting service and seems good value for money. Seems like a no brainer.

I've been running Kodi myself for maybe 5-6 years and it's all I use now. I'm not a sports guy so one thing I do notice is my viewing habits have changed and I don't watch TV on a schedule at all. This means that streaming channels don't hold as much value for me. I just watch programs when I want. Some shows like Game of Thrones I'll watch the night they're broadcast. They're usually up on the sites within half hour of broadcast. I might watch them streaming.

I did wonder about the settings changes as it impacts security on my home network. If I was considering one I'd want to know what settings were being changed. Is it providing a backdoor into my network? Is the MAC address for the ethernet adaptor being spoofed to share subscription services?

The new X8 hardware is interesting especially at that price point but those attracted to 4k should note that 4k content can be an issue. Currently Netflix estimates 25 Mb internet service to support their 4k streams. The Minix pushes 4k at only 30 fps so it may be worth waiting for the next generation.

I would still recommend this to friends. There's a lot of value for non-techies in getting this service at a good price with dependable support but I'd ask just a few more questions about what's happening in the background.

Does anyone have any experience of any performance difference when having the internet modem remote from the TV and Minix bow i.e. connect via wifi, or having the Minix box/TV/3BB modem connected with Ethernet

Logic says hard connection should be faster, but one of the IT-savvy guys in my condo just did some testing and found very little difference

At the moment, my telephone line does not come into the living room beside the TV…….but I could get an extra line installed if it makes a huge difference

Any experiences on this??

has anyone found a good link to add to kodi for boxnation, it seems this is one channel that is most unreliable when there is a good event on there

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

has anyone found a good link to add to kodi for boxnation, it seems this is one channel that is most unreliable when there is a good event on there

If you have the option always go for hardwired, isn't only about the speed but also the stability.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I was using the wifi on my X8-H, but it's right next to my router so when I simplified things, (got rid of fhree WD Live NAS boxes), I moved it over to a wired connection. I did not notice any difference between wired or wireless operation. The X8-H is like a honey badger, it doesn't care how you feed it, it just hums along fine. :-)

My X6 is in the bedroom, far from the router. My only real option there, without routing cable through the ceiling, is wireless. Sometimes the X6 buffers on a lan stored movie, but I'm not sure if that is a wireless issue, or an X6 issue. At some point, I want to replace the X6 with an X8-H.

Box nation I like HD

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Tapatalk

Trojan

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."

Box nation I like HD

thats a one you pay for yes?

thats a one you pay for yes?

Yes, but you can just pay for the sports package 250 baht I think for the month, you get every sports channel going

Trojan

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."

Yes, but you can just pay for the sports package 250 baht I think for the month, you get every sports channel going

ahh ok, i have all sports on my sky package except boxnation and bt sports as they are extra again. that's the 2 channels i struggle to get with kodi when there is an event on.. 

i might just buy one of these boxes anyway next month as my WD tv live box seems to be playing up at the moment

Archived