IGNORED

Buying a new motorbike

gogo dog

would like to read your review of this bike in this thread mate and why you decided to buy it compared to the other choices available??

The Hayate is air and oil cooled. Not having water cooling system gives you 1 less thing to go wrong with the bike. The Scooters don't seem to have any temp warning lights. If a water cooled bike gets a problem like a leak and runs dry it will overheat the engine quickly and will most likely need to be rebuilt.

Some travel insurances will only cover you on a bike of 125cc or less. So if you or a mate has an accident on a Nouvo Elegance (135cc) you may have to foot the medical costs even though you bought insurance.

The Hayate has good sized under seat storage, not quite as good as the Elegance though. It has a hook to hang bags on near your knees. It is fuel injected, starts first time every time. Electric start and kick starter. One problem I found though, a fuel injected bike needs fuel pressure to inject the fuel. Once I left the key on meaning the lights were on. Battery was flat. Not enough power to run the fuel pump. Could not kick start it. Let the battery recover for an hour, could then run the fuel pump and kick started no problem.

The bike will not start or cuts the engine when the stand is put down. Good because you don't forget to put it ip. Bad because a couple of occasions have forgot to take the keys out when going into 7/11. Also this is how I left the lights on and drained the battery.

Acceleration from 0-60km/hr is very good. A bit slower from there to 80 and slower again to 100. I think about 110km/hr would be top speed with me on it (105kg). Suspension is good. Even ok with a passenger of the same size as me. Nice big seat too.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Electric start and kick starter. One problem I found though, a fuel injected bike needs fuel pressure to inject the fuel. Once I left the key on meaning the lights were on. Battery was flat. Not enough power to run the fuel pump. Could not kick start it. Let the battery recover for an hour, could then run the fuel pump and kick started no problem.

Never thought about that - Needing the battery to run the fuel pump first. Sort of makes the kick start a bit useless as a flat or fucked battery is when you need to kick them.

Good review Hotdogs :WinkGrin1:

The Hayate is air and oil cooled. Not having water cooling system gives you 1 less thing to go wrong with the bike. The scooters don't seem to have any temp warning lights. If a water cooled bike gets a problem like a leak and runs dry it will overheat the engine quickly and will most likely need to be rebuilt.

Some travel insurances will only cover you on a bike of 125cc or less. So if you or a mate has an accident on a Nouvo Elegance (135cc) you may have to foot the medical costs even though you bought insurance.

I'm not convinced that air cooled is better than Liquid (not water exactly) cooled in a very hot climate used mainly in town moving slowly and stuck at lights etc. Long engine life has to do with even temperature control.

Of course if you lost the Liquid OK, but these are Japanese bikes. They'll all work fine.

Fuel injection is good - subject to battery power LOL.

Fair enough re' travel insurance if that's what yours says.

The Hayate is not the biggest seller in Thailand, but it's a good Jap' auto' scoot.

Hope you have fun.

I kick started it the first day to make sure it worked, all good. Wasn't until I had the flat battery and tried to kick start it that I realized it wasn't working because of the fuel pump. It ness a small backup battery that can be switched on to run the fuel pump in this situation.

I also bought a Yamaha Spark. You can put a packet of smokes under the seat, that's about all you can fit. No hooks for shopping bags. Suspension bottoms out real easy with 2 Falangs on it. Small fuel tank only takes about 3lts of fuel. Skinny seat hurts your ass on a longer ride. I guess it would have the same can not kick start with flat battery problem. You can start it with the kick stand down.

135cc water cooled, fuel injected 4 speed accelerates quick. It is fun to ride. I usually ride it unless I have a big passenger or I'm going to do some shopping.

• 2 months later...

I am renting a new Honda Click now, although a great bike would not buy one for a couple of reasons. The position that you ride in feels cramped and is very upright. The foot position on the floor boards seems small as well. Also the single spring is a issue with two people on the bike. It does have excellent acceleration and looks great.

I am going to buy either a 135 cc Yamaha Nuovo Elegance or the new 125 cc fuel injected version of the same bike. I am on my bike several hours a day with work and comfort is important to me. I prefer the ride of the Yamaha.

I am renting a new Honda Click now, although a great bike would not buy one for a couple of reasons. The position that you ride in feels cramped and is very upright. The foot position on the floor boards seems small as well. Also the single spring is a issue with two people on the bike.

The single vs double spring is an interesting one. It would be good to know the actual load ratings of the popular type of scoots.

My back takes a bit of a beating on the Click I own. I'm not sure if its the riding position, the suspension, or just the lack of smooth roads.

If I were to change bikes something with a softer more comfortable ride would be high on the list. Although plenty of after-market springs are available for most of them.

Edited to add - I also find the front brake on the Click a bit on the lacking side. A brake upgrade with a larger disk and twin piston calliper would be money well spent

I am going to buy either a 135 cc Yamaha Nuovo Elegance or the new 125 cc fuel injected version of the same bike. I am on my bike several hours a day with work and comfort is important to me. I prefer the ride of the Yamaha.

A fuel injected Elegance is overdue IMO, especially as the same T135 engine has been used in the Spark Cdi for several years, but is the new Elegance really only 125cc?

Actually, is there a new one? Where have you seen it?

Bump for Nak Muay

thanks for the bump but if u look at top of page it was me that popped that reminder for your personal review of the hiyate. i must say i am really leaning towards that bike out of all of them but i cant discount the nouvo and spark until i have tried them but having not ridden any of them i need to get my backside onto all of them before parting with the money to buy a new one.

thanks again your review was very helpful mate

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

A fuel injected Elegance is overdue IMO, especially as the same T135 engine has been used in the Spark Cdi for several years, but is the new Elegance really only 125cc?

A guy has done some speculating on it here http://alphapro.com/...oking12/SX.html

I can't see a date the blog was written so it probably wont answer any questions but maybe worth a read anyway

A guy has done some speculating on it here http://alphapro.com/...oking12/SX.html

I can't see a date the blog was written so it probably wont answer any questions but maybe worth a read anyway

Thanks, I found it now, 125cc indeed and it looks like April for Thailand.

HERE

The TTX, along with the 125cc YMJET-FI equipped “NOUVO SX” AT commuter model also being introduced in April, is on display at the 33rd Bangkok International Motor Show that started on March 27 (Public days started on March 28). Both of these products join the lineup following the YMJET-FI equipped “Mio115i” model introduced in Thailand in January 2012 as a part of Yamaha Motor's medium-term growth strategy

to strengthen product competitiveness, appeal and profitability in the ASEAN motorcycle market.

thanks for the bump but if u look at top of page it was me that popped that reminder for your personal review of the hiyate. i must say i am really leaning towards that bike out of all of them but i cant discount the nouvo and spark until i have tried them but having not ridden any of them i need to get my backside onto all of them before parting with the money to buy a new one.

thanks again your review was very helpful mate

Oh yeah. Didnt realize. I haven't ridden a Nouvo but I think they are one of the most popular bikes on the road here for a reason.

The spark is a lot different ride to the autos. You don't see too many of them around so you might have trouble renting one. If you can't get hold of one and I'm in town get in contact with me and we can meet up so you can take it for a ride.

Anyone had any experience with the new 150cc PCX looking to upgrade from my 125cc

Oh yeah. Didnt realize. I haven't ridden a Nouvo but I think they are one of the most popular bikes on the road here for a reason.

The spark is a lot different ride to the autos. You don't see too many of them around so you might have trouble renting one. If you can't get hold of one and I'm in town get in contact with me and we can meet up so you can take it for a ride.

a very generous offer i may well take you up on thank you. Re-sale value isnt the biggest concern to me(aka popularity of the bike) more that i make the right choice.

I have been on the back of a couple of nouvos and they are just the sort of thing i like, i deff after a slightly larger framed bike which pretty much narrowed it down a lot, but the way mr "not jaded anymore" edge talks so highly of the sparks with his biking experience it just has to be tried.

honestly i would prefer a Toyota Hi-lux 4x4 lifted with big wheels but thats in a year or two so bikes it is for now with such a poor second hand market for cars in Thailand.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Yes, I have seen several in the shops in town. They are ggetting them in slowly. I think they are still carrying the 135 cc version and the new 125 cc bike may have a variation of the Elegance name, but it is the same bike with the new engine. I have not studied the specs yet, but it is suppose to be more fuel efficient and have as much power as the 135cc version.

Update: Yamaha is calling it the Nouvo SX. Here is a picture:

IMG_0885_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have seen several in the shops in town. They are ggetting them in slowly. I think they are still carrying the 135 cc version and the new 125 cc bike may have a variation of the Elegance name, but it is the same bike with the new engine. I have not studied the specs yet, but it is suppose to be more fuel efficient and have as much power as the 135cc version.

Update: Yamaha is calling it the Nouvo SX. Here is a picture:

post-5866-0-18050600-1335965352_thumb.jpg

Whats the price ?

Whats the price ?

Someone said they're in the showrooms already?

Or decipher this - 115 or 125 cc? :-

ttx.JPG

AP Honda has released Honda Click 125i in 3 new variant that is Forward, Street and Tune-up. Each of the variant have its own colours choice and boy, it is a lot of colours to choose from. The one in the picture above in the Street variant, where you can see the ‘S’ logo at the center of the front cover of the bike and also on the fairing. This one have 2 colour choices that is white/red and black/red.

This Tune-up variant as the above pictures have 3 colour choices that is the blue/white, black/red and white/silver. The Tune-up I think is the basic and cheapest variant since it features balck coloured side cover compared to the rest of the variant that is tw-tone coloured matching the overall colour scheme.

The top-of-the-line variant is this one, the Forward version. It have cast alloy 5-spoke wheels compared to the Street and Tune-up version which only features steel spoke wheel. The colour scheme here are much richer since it have the combination of gold on its body.

The meter cluster here are one of my favourite since it features the excellent combination of analog and digital display. The speedometer is large and it is analog combined with the digital display of the fuel meter and odometer. The fuel meter have 9 bar that helps for better riding information about the fuel measurement. The turn signal are very good that is split into two. The temperature and FI indicator are also shown nicely on the top of the speedometer along with the high beam indicator on the right.The underseat compartment also gets an upgrade in terms of spaciousness. Now, it can fits a helmet! In this picture, I think it is open-face helmet with visor that is being placed inside the compartment.The ignition key are equipped with shutter and now comes with push button type to open the seat. This is a nice addition and can makes filling the fuel up is easy thing.The front look are now much modern with the lines and curves that makes it looks futuristic. The headlamp are also updated with sharper look that complements the overall ‘cyber’ theme.

The tail light are also one part that you’ll love to see it. It just looks great. The plate number light has been separated from the tail light and this setup is the same like superbike plate number lighting

Price vary from 50,000 to 53,000 baht .

untitled.bmp

blue click.bmp

speedo.bmp

underseat.bmp

front.bmp

iginiton.bmp

Someone said they're in the showrooms already?

Or decipher this - 115 or 125 cc? :-

ttx.JPG

Nouvo SX 125cc

Nouvo TTX 115cc

forget that

forget that

??

I like the Hayate as to me it is a cross between the yamaha and the honda. I would likely prefer the Nouvo on the road but I found the Hayate hanles much better in traffic and brakes were better. Honda had top notch brakes and probably the best in and out of traffic but lousy storage and not as nice on the highway. Everything is a trade off. I wouldn't pick one over the other for fuel efficiency as these bikes are all pretty good. Water cooled however is nice but will require more maintenance.

??

Sorry - edit - I thought the TTX was a 125, but it's a 115? and the SX is a 125?

I like the Hayate as to me it is a cross between the yamaha and the honda. I would likely prefer the Nouvo on the road but I found the Hayate hanles much better in traffic and brakes were better. Honda had top notch brakes and probably the best in and out of traffic but lousy storage and not as nice on the highway. Everything is a trade off. I wouldn't pick one over the other for fuel efficiency as these bikes are all pretty good. Water cooled however is nice but will require more maintenance.

Suzukis are good of course, but are not as popular as Honda or Yamaha in Thailand so will not hold their value. Kawasakis were perfectly good scoots, but not worth a light second hand as the Thais didn't like them.

Water cooled is preferable from an engine wear PoV, especially in hot climates and in Pattaya's traffic - it's about maintaining an even temperature.

I've never experienced any additional maintenance or problems with water cooled.

Whats the price ?

I believe 53,000 with spoked wheels. 57,000 with upgrade wheels.

Yes, it is in the showrooms already.

Fuel Injection is better than carburation for fuel atomization and metering. Liquid cooled is batter than air cooled for having closer tolerances of moving parts as there is less coefficient of expansion and contraction. A Liquid cooled engine can run a higher compression ratio thereby developing greater horsepower per given cc of combustion chamber and will also give better fuel milage. It will also last longer assuming the same regular scheduled maintenance. That's why the PCX has both.

Archived