IGNORED

Buying a new motorbike

gogo dog

Oh yeah, get on YOUTUBE to see what these motorbikes look like as a lot of dudes make videos of their bikes and post them. Give you a better view than pictures

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuel Injection is better than carburation for fuel atomization and metering. Liquid cooled is batter than air cooled for having closer tolerances of moving parts as there is less coefficient of expansion and contraction. A liquid cooled engine can run a higher compression ratio thereby developing greater horsepower per given cc of combustion chamber and will also give better fuel milage. It will also last longer assuming the same regular scheduled maintenance. That's why the PCX has both.

well obviously rpbc.. we all know that ! dah !

we just need to know the different colours

well obviously rpbc.. we all know that ! dah !

we just need to know the different colours

Honda Click 2012...

My tgf got a brochure..

red/black

sky blue/black

white/black

burnt orange/black

purple/black

All look really nice.

I saw a TTX 115 At Mityon. It isn't a nouvo. Single shock/spring at the back. Fat tyres but only 14 inch rims. Kind of sporty looking but I don't like it.

• 1 month later...

Spotted something new today. Or at least to me - Honda Spacy I

Full step through like a click. Didn't get much time to study it due to an inpatient GF.

20120623_174018.jpg

20120623_174026.jpg

20120623_174039.jpg

Anyone had any experience with the new 150cc PCX looking to upgrade from my 125cc

Would also be interested as seen quite a few PCX 150's on the road now and therefore I guess there will be quite a few PCX 125 second hand now private and in Mityon shops and hope the prices start to come down too, as a trendy bike they were way to high before.

Am guessing theres not to much difference between the 2 bikes, prob initial accelerationwith the new 150cc engine but looks same?

Are the prices the same for the new PCX 150?

Take it Honda no longer making PCX 125 then?

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Spotted something new today. Or at least to me - Honda Spacy I

Full step through like a click. Didn't get much time to study it due to an inpatient GF.

She maybe thought it was a bit CC at 41,500? :hello09:

She maybe thought it was a bit CC at 41,500? :hello09:

I think your right. She seemed much happier to get on the back of the more up market Click. :Think1:

41,500B. Sounds about right. Some of the fittings such as the rear footpeg brackets looked quite CC.

I think your right. She seemed much happier to get on the back of the more up market Click. :Think1:

41,500B. Sounds about right. Some of the fittings such as the rear footpeg brackets looked quite CC.

Although looking at the specs the 5.5L fuel tank would be nice.

Would also be interested as seen quite a few PCX 150's on the road now and therefore I guess there will be quite a few PCX 125 second hand now private and in Mityon shops and hope the prices start to come down too, as a trendy bike they were way to high before.

Am guessing theres not to much difference between the 2 bikes, prob initial accelerationwith the new 150cc engine but looks same?

Are the prices the same for the new PCX 150?

Take it Honda no longer making PCX 125 then?

bumpty bump

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Honda Click 2012...

My tgf got a brochure..

red/black

sky blue/black

white/black

burnt orange/black

purple/black

All look really nice.

So what colour does she look best in??

bumpty bump

Mmmmm another item you might consider if buying new PCX 150 is that most travel insurance companies and an international driving licence, only allows you to drive a motorbike up to 125cc when abroad. Plus the Yamaha nouvos are 135cc too so they would go in this category to?

Of course the old PCX was ok as is 125cc along with the Suziki Hayate which is 125cc, good value bike too!! but not sure if stil being made and sold?

the Nouvo 135cc Elegance has been discontinued and has been replaced by the 125cc SX with fuel Injection.

• 3 weeks later...

the Nouvo 135cc Elegance has been discontinued and has been replaced by the 125cc SX with fuel Injection.

I recently had one as a rental and think it is a great bike. Lots of power and acceleration, easy on gas, great suspension and handles very well. When I buy a bike, it is going to be one of these. Much better than a Click.

I recently had one as a rental and think it is a great bike. Lots of power and acceleration, easy on gas, great suspension and handles very well. When I buy a bike, it is going to be one of these. Much better than a Click.

As per the other thread - good idea!

and don't forget to tart it up a bit too.

08042012192.jpg

08042012195.jpg

So I upgraded from the nuovo 135. To the 125fi. First I must say the headlight is the best I have seen on a Thai scooter with a true high beam. They also incorporated the kickstand to kill the bike when in the down position. They also have a fuel consumption gauge which is nice but not a good idea to use while driving so why have it? Handles similar to my 135 which btw had 24'ooo kilometer without a breakdown.

All in all one of the best bikes out there.

So I upgraded from the nuovo 135. To the 125fi. First I must say the headlight is the best I have seen on a Thai scooter with a true high beam. They also incorporated the kickstand to kill the bike when in the down position. They also have a fuel consumption gauge which is nice but not a good idea to use while driving so why have it? Handles similar to my 135 which btw had 24'ooo kilometer without a breakdown.

All in all one of the best bikes out there.

How does the SX compare with the Elegance in terms of power/acceleration/performance?

How does the SX compare with the Elegance in terms of power/acceleration/performance?

A review I read said that the SX is actually only 8.5cc smaller and with fuel injection is at least as powerful as the Elegance, more fuel efficient .......

..........and doesn't have a gay name. :hello09:

..........and doesn't have a gay name. :hello09:

:LOL2:

I just bought the new Yamaha Nouvo 125 SX, I just love it, very quite, a lot of torque, very confortable compare to the Honda Click, not cheapest one but you get what you pay for.

• 6 months later...

Well thanks chaps for the great info here on bikes and pricing as will be having to buy a bike wen there more permanantly.

I have property there with Thai registerd company and have blue book so is that all i need to buy a bike???

I kind of liked the Honda Airblade and Yamaha Nouvo and Nouvo Elegance as the extra power wud come in handy on Sukh rd, plus those bikes have decent storage and performances too but i suppose fuel consumption is a big factor now with the crazy oil prices.

Anybody has any reports/reccom on the above bikes???

Cheers

go for the airblade, just as powerful as the nouvo but lots more mpg

go for the airblade, just as powerful as the nouvo but lots more mpg

I've been renting a new Nouvo SX for 3 months now. Granted its not as good on fuel as my 1yo Click but its only a few baht. They are all cheap to run.

As for buying an Airblade - Good bike yes but the topic is buying a new bike and they dont make them anymore and even secondhand imo they are getting a bit long in the tooth for an auto.

Archived