IGNORED

Buying a new motorbike

gogo dog

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cause to many bikes end up in cambodia, insurance is an importand point, when you get a new bike.

Try to get a 2 year insurance contract, if you only take 1 year, and you hope, to get a 2 second year later, you will understand, what I mean -lol

I recommend to forget the prices at that stage. Honda is no 1 in Thailand, Yahama is getting more and more popular. That means you get a good value if you decide to sell it after a while. Sare part copies for these more popular brands are everwhere availabe. For example a set of copied Honda mirrors you will pay then 110 baht.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Ok, here is my question though. I'm riding a click right now. For someone in the 130-140kilo range, the bikes bottom out on the speedbumps all day long. I've noticed that the Honda's have single rear shocks. I've seen the Nouvo's and noticed the dual shock rear suspension, I am going to assume that makes a big difference for bigger riders? So bearing that in mind, the extra power to run the same as a 90 or 100 kilo rider, plus a stronger suspension, what bike is best?

Ok, here is my question though. I'm riding a click right now. For someone in the 130-140kilo range, the bikes bottom out on the speedbumps all day long. I've noticed that the Honda's have single rear shocks. I've seen the Nouvo's and noticed the dual shock rear suspension, I am going to assume that makes a big difference for bigger riders? So bearing that in mind, the extra power to run the same as a 90 or 100 kilo rider, plus a stronger suspension, what bike is best?

Monoshock rear suspension isn't necessarily any better than a twin shock set-up - what you should look for is the ability to adjust the pre-loading on the springs for a harder ride, though not all bikes will have this.

Be scene and not herd.

i have a new air blade with combi break has two shocks on the back which i uppgraded to yss pump shocks,i am 100killo my girlfreind is 40kilo bike never has a problem with grounding,and even with the 2 of us on it it still hits 95km per hour no problems.overall a great bike ,but a little bit heavy on the gas.

Ok thanks for reply chaps,

I like the Airblade too and belive there bringing out more fuel efficient/ powerful model the " F I " model as fuel injected as soon as theyve sold the current models out???.

Hope this is more fuel efficient model as oils stil too high price.

I take it the yamaha nouvos are quite economical and what about the new novo elegance with 135 cc engine too???

Thanks again chaps & look forward to replies

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Ack, the Click, Mio and Step are all single sided swinging arm/monoshock bikes with smaller frames designed for women. I suggest you look at the Nouvo Elegance. It has the largest frame of the autos and a 135cc Liquid cooled engine. The Elegance can be had for B53,000. The Hayate is another good alternative, slightly larger than a Nouvo MX and good value at B46,000. As for speed bumps, nothing really takes them very well but a supermoto or motocross bike will take them best. Of course if you have a rental bike there is no need to slow down for them at all :)

Hi , i did buy the Honda CBR 150R 3weeks back ago , A superb bike couldent be more happier . I did buy it on MP for 70 000b all inclusive and 2yrs special theft insurance and a great helmet.

Here is my baby !

C O L O M B I A 

Same colours as mine, although mines older and a little run down...

liking having a clutch on the CBR150R but already wanting a little more speed for the journeys on Sukhumvit... 400 next methinks

Bud if you can manage a trip as far inland as Klang you can get even cheaper than Sattahip. I would also imagine Rayong has much more choice as its a far bigger city.

Sattahip is cheap BUT choice is small and there are no main dealers so you wont get the 12 months inc' insurance you get from a main dealer.

I looked at a lain dealer in Klang and remember that the Wave 100 was 29,000 baht, thats 20% cheaper. Whether its worth the trek (about 90km from Pattaya I guess) is a different matter.

I would be inclined to go to Rayong - big city so will have main dealers there.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Andy, I ended up buying a Suzuki Step so my GF could ride it, the larger bikes are just too big for her. At B37,000 it was much cheaper than a Mio or Click and it certainly goes a bit better than either.

do you think a suzuki step is better then a yamaha fino? i was thinking about that one so my girlfriend could ride it... havent really looked into the options yet...

do you think a suzuki step is better then a yamaha fino? i was thinking about that one so my girlfriend could ride it... havent really looked into the options yet...

The Fino is basically a Mio with retro styling. People buy it mainly for its style. The Step is not the best looking bike but has a larger engine, goes better and is cheaper than a Mio or Click.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Would you reccomend buying 2nd hand auto mbike and from a reputable dealer???

If so what would be considered;

1. low mileage, how many kms on clock is considerd reasonable without being thrashed???

2. when serviced and how often are the autos sposed to be serviced???

3. would you get a warranty and insurance with 2nd hand mbike???

Any help/info much appreciated thanks

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Hi,

Would you reccomend buying 2nd hand auto mbike and from a reputable dealer???

If so what would be considered;

1. low mileage, how many kms on clock is considerd reasonable without being thrashed???

2. when serviced and how often are the autos sposed to be serviced???

3. would you get a warranty and insurance with 2nd hand mbike???

Any help/info much appreciated thanks

Cheers

Sticky, I looked round several dealers for second hand bikes. Anything for sale in Pattaya will be way overpriced. Most Thais are very hard on vehicles, and do not seem to take care of or maintain them well. IMO buying new is your best bet. There is a BM on pattaya-live selling second hand bikes at what appear to be good prices, have a quick look there.

The service interval for Suzuki autos is 4,000Km with drive belt replacement at 30,000Km

I got a new Honda click for about 42,000B. Seems ok, also didnt want the best looking bike on the street as I heard they get pinch quite a bit.

Just moved to Pattaya. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic/fabricator for working on Harleys around town?

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

...I rented Yam Nuovos, Click and AirBlade. My fave hadda be the Suzook 125 Hayate.

great motor, lotsa torque and suspension. You can get it rear shocks beefed up if you're a big lad

like me.

Q: What doe sit take to get a Thai DL? Anyone?

Q: Besides a run to Rayong to buy a bike, would it be better to purchase a new/used one up in Bkk?

Good or bad idea?

thanks.....

ALL girls like it in the Ass. Not all know it....yet!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey lads,

I just bought myself a Suzuki Hatayte 125cc.(Z) At first i rented a Yamaha Nuovo (Y) which i liked alot. Then a friend of mine had rented a Hayate and i decided to try it out. Without a doubt the Z was alot faster in acceleration than the Y although the Z is alot topheavier then the Y. Both have great storageroom under seat. One downside with the Z was for ppl like me, who are pretty short (168cm) you might have trouble reaching the ground while sitting on the Z, which i didnt have on the Y.

I paid 41 000 bath for my Hayate at Miltons (soi buakao/Pattaya tai). Also got 2 helmets included in the price.

A small feature i like with the Z is that you cant start the bike while its on its stand and if u pull down the stand, it cuts the engine. Who of us havent at one time or another driven away with the stand still down just to hit a small bump and get scared shi*less when it hits the ground.

I also tried the Suzuki Skydrive, their latest model with fuel injection. I liked it although it felt somewhat small comepaired to the Hayate and Nouvo. Another thing was the storage area, which it was lacking completly. Under the seat you only had room for some papers and perhaps a small padlock, thats about it.

All in all im very happy with my purchase so far. Ill give some more info after ive had it for a while

@buttmint... From what ive heard regarding Thai DL its pretty easy if you have an international driverlicens. Just go to soi 5 jomtien (imigration office) and say you want a thai drivers licence, show you international DL and they will give you the papers you need. Then head of to where they get the licence. A friend of mine just had to show the papers he got from the imigration office + his international DL and they have him the DL straigth away. Another guy had to answer a few questions and after that he had it. Having the IDL makes it very easy

Hey lads,

I just bought myself a Suzuki Hatayte 125cc.(Z) At first i rented a Yamaha Nuovo (Y) which i liked alot. Then a friend of mine had rented a Hayate and i decided to try it out. Without a doubt the Z was alot faster in acceleration than the Y although the Z is alot topheavier then the Y. Both have great storageroom under seat. One downside with the Z was for ppl like me, who are pretty short (168cm) you might have trouble reaching the ground while sitting on the Z, which i didnt have on the Y.

I paid 41 000 bath for my Hayate at Miltons (soi buakao/Pattaya tai). Also got 2 helmets included in the price.

A small feature i like with the Z is that you cant start the bike while its on its stand and if u pull down the stand, it cuts the engine. Who of us havent at one time or another driven away with the stand still down just to hit a small bump and get scared shi*less when it hits the ground.

I also tried the Suzuki Skydrive, their latest model with fuel injection. I liked it although it felt somewhat small comepaired to the Hayate and Nouvo. Another thing was the storage area, which it was lacking completly. Under the seat you only had room for some papers and perhaps a small padlock, thats about it.

All in all im very happy with my purchase so far. Ill give some more info after ive had it for a while

@buttmint... From what ive heard regarding Thai DL its pretty easy if you have an international driverlicens. Just go to soi 5 jomtien (imigration office) and say you want a thai drivers licence, show you international DL and they will give you the papers you need. Then head of to where they get the licence. A friend of mine just had to show the papers he got from the imigration office + his international DL and they have him the DL straigth away. Another guy had to answer a few questions and after that he had it. Having the IDL makes it very easy

The Hayate is a good bike and B41,000 is an amazingly good price for it.

Just moved to Pattaya. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic/fabricator for working on Harleys around town?

There are several Harley service points in Pattaya and Jomtien.

The individual mechanic with the best rep' works at East Coast Choppers in Hanuman Square Jomtien.

Try a PM to BM spicymartin as he uses him I think.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm cant see the update info mate????

New Airblade out yet???

Would be nice to know and servicing and warranty too.

Cheers

Archived