IGNORED

World cup football, Brazil, 2014.

jocky king

Theres a lot of club rivalry being played out here, Suarez is in need of some help in my opinion, I thought Brenden Rodgers did well with him last season and lets face it he was the player of the year. But he needs some anger management help. But some of the people posting on here have forgot that their heroes have also not been angels, namely a French thug that drop kicked a fan and the following week drop kicked a reporter, as well as stamping on various players and of course a Scottish thug that was jailed for headbutting an opponent and who they regularly show pictures with his hands  around an opponents throat, funnily enough these two were welcomed back with open arms . Im not sure what Liverpool will do about Suarez but I think maybe a deal with Barcelona that includes Sanchez would be best for everyone, Suarez the player is fantastic but sadly he doesn't seem to learn and when the red mist appears he will probably do it again

I'm afraid your comments don't make sense meaty.  A certain Scottish thug(in your opinion) did get jailed when he was a young player.  And maybe he did deserve to go to Jail BUT how many players have hit other players on the pitch and have never even been cautioned.  And maybe in his career the red mist did come down once to often.  Yes the fans loved him but the same fans knew his short comings and if he got sent off the fans would normally hold there hands up and say that he deserved it.  The difference between Big Dunc and Suarez is that Big Dunc never did the following things

(1) Big Dunc never tried to bite a player

(2) Never got called a racist

(3) Didnt get a reputation for diving

(4) Never got called a cheat

Suarez has got great talent but is sadly a flawed player that may get remembered in history for all the wrong reasons.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he did get jailed and yes maybe he did deserve to go to jail and yes the red mist did come down too often and yes the fans did love him....but my comments don't make sense?? Suarez will be remembered for all of the good and bad things he has done in his career.But this is Jockys world cup thread Blue so our petty tit for tats shouldn't take over his thread.

Yes he did get jailed and yes maybe he did deserve to go to jail and yes the red mist did come down too often and yes the fans did love him....but my comments don't make sense?? Suarez will be remembered for all of the good and bad things he has done in his career.But this is Jockys world cup thread Blue so our petty tit for tats shouldn't take over his thread.

Yes meaty this is a world cup thread.  And the world cup finals will be a better tournament without a thug called Suarez

Your right Blue, thank god Drunken Duncan never got near a world cup. I never thought I would ever mention world cup and Ferguson in the same sentence.

Your right Blue, thank god Drunken Duncan never got near a world cup. I never thought I would ever mention world cup and Ferguson in the same sentence.

But your missing the point again meaty if big dunc had played in the world cup finals he wouldn't have disgraced himself.

Suarez has disgraced himself and let his country down.

And has it stands poor old Liverpool will suffer at the start of next season because of Suarez stupidity

Well it's half-time now in the Belgium v Korea game.  And it's nil nil and just before half-time Belgium had a player sent off.  Looking at the replay's i think he deserved to go off.  I thought that the Belgiums were the better side in the first 45 minutes.  And I hope that the 10 men can put on a good 2nd half showing and at least get a draw but hopefully sneak a win

perky get real they scored twice,lost two games and a draw a little luck ?

In the first half Uraguay should of been down to 10 men. The captain was already booked and then throat chopped sturridge. 100% second yellow. Against 10 men, England I am sure would of gone on to win that game. Also Rooney's header was 1 Inch lower to giving England the lead as it crashed off the bar from Point blank range. That would of been 3 Points for England and non for Uraguay.

If England had beaten Italy nobody could of argued with the result because despite losing I believe Engand were good value for a win, if not defo a draw! 

England were far better than Costa Rica. Sturridge messed up 3 massive chances to score! Proves he is nowhere near a quality striker. had it been Rooney the keeper would of picked all 3 out of the net.

Yes England scored 2 and lost twice but it was a very small differance between qualification and Elimination. Nobody beat England with ease and England where far from awful despite the group finish. It was a very difficult group. Should England have been in Argintina's Group with Iran and Bosnia and Nigeria I am sure they would of finished better and qualified.

But that is just clutching at straws so no point in moaning about it. VERY YOUNG Team and hopefully they will develop into a strong Team for the future

Well done the the USA and Germany. Happy both teams went through!

Down to the real Business now knockout Football. Love it!

Belgium has been very disappointing to me up untill now. Yes they have 6 points out of 2 games atm, but i thought they were gonna dominate and display some amazing teamplay/skills.

If they keep playing like this, they are not going to last long in this tournament.

Gratz to the USA for qualifying for the next rounds.

Although i think most people knew USA would qualify even beforehand. USA's coach is tight like that with Germany. ;)

You guys have showed some interesting football. You're not going to win the whole thing. But i hope you guys stay in the cup for as long as possible.

Great match today, USA vs. Germany.  Watching the German ball handling during the first 10 or so minutes of the first half was a great education.  I am surprised that it ended 1-0.  The US midfield are still giving the ball away a lot.  Interesting team.  Against both Germany and Ghana the time of possession was fully one sided, however when the US would make a good run a few times a game, the opposition defense looked almost surprised to see them down there and come close to giving up the tying shot.  Look forward to seeing the young Belgian team in action. 

It is truly beautiful how the top strikers have a sense where the ball will come out for a second shot, as with Messi's first goal yesterday, and Muller's today. 

How do you know he wouldn't have disgraced himself blue? by your own admission the red mist came down too often, who knows what could have happened if he had been subject to some of the antics that went on then, he could have found himself in jail again.

How do you know he wouldn't have disgraced himself blue? by your own admission the red mist came down too often, who knows what could have happened if he had been subject to some of the antics that went on then, he could have found himself in jail again.

meaty why are you trying to deflect critisism away from Suarez.   This thread is about this world cup.  What Suarez did happened in this world cup.  Everybody should be talking about the good football that is being played and the great goals that are being scored and the great saves being made.

Sadly because of what Suarez did football fans, television, radio and the newspapers are all talking about that bite.  

I think Suarez is a very talented player but against Italy he let himself down.  And football fans should be allowed to express an opinion.  

Last night I watched a local (Granada) news programme and a reporter was outside Liverpool's ground and he interviewed a few Liverpool fans and in the main they all critisised Suarez.   

Now that the 'Biting' has been stamped on by FIFA, Why stop there with (Imo) the overdue clean up of what is bad about the 'Modern' game of football?

Shirt Pulling, Grabbing, Cynical Fouls, Diving,Faking injuries to get a player sent off and Blatant Time wasting are all negaative aspects that need to be stamped out with harse Punishments by the officials.

When the players realise that FIFA mean business by getting tough on the above mentioned unsporting behaviour then the game will improve in no time at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JR1fhQr-3U

Belgium has been very disappointing to me up untill now. Yes they have 6 points out of 2 games atm, but i thought they were gonna dominate and display some amazing teamplay/skills.

If they keep playing like this, they are not going to last long in this tournament.

Gratz to the USA for qualifying for the next rounds.

Although i think most people knew USA would qualify even beforehand. USA's coach is tight like that with Germany. ;)

You guys have showed some interesting football. You're not going to win the whole thing. But i hope you guys stay in the cup for as long as possible.

Yes I agree. Belgium have been disappointing. However, Italy are normally the team that look this way and they often get to the final.

That is the thing about football you can only beat the team in front of you, and if beating them is what you are doing then you really can not do much more.

Ask England, they played pretty well (Sorry I mean played ok) and got 1 Point LOL! So Belguim are doing just fine. I hope they go far.

And the small countries , Belgium , Greece , Switzerland , Holland are still there ... oops . 

Don't forget Costa Rica, the team from the tiny Central American country that was being called it's group's 'whipping boy' and ended up whipping the other teams to win the group. 

Go TIcos!

Waves at Italy and England sitting up in the stands.

Yes blue it is a world cup thread, so why in comment # 288  did you mention Liverpool fans no mention of world cup, great goals and great saves, what he did was in a Uruguay shirt, and in a previous comment I stated that he needs help, something is wrong with him, not deflecting anything . The lad has problems and like I said previously a transfer is probably best thing.

Its a game Jim but not as we know it.

Member since Dec 06.

Yes blue it is a world cup thread, so why in comment # 288  did you mention Liverpool fans no mention of world cup, great goals and great saves, what he did was in a Uruguay shirt, and in a previous comment I stated that he needs help, something is wrong with him, not deflecting anything . The lad has problems and like I said previously a transfer is probably best thing.

Breaking News for meaty concerning #288 

The comment was about the world cup and about Suarez in particular who had just bitten a player in a world cup game or have you forgotten....555

And he plays is club football at Liverpool.  The club and fans  stood by him when he got called a raciest and got punished.  And they stood by him the last time he bite an opposing player.  So he has let them down as well as Uraguay.

Now meaty can we move on and talk about whats happening now in the world cup.  Or are you trying to take over jocky's topic

Breaking news for blue ..#288 says suarez what an idiot..do Liverpool fans want a player like this, no mention of biting or world cup, like I mentiond in a previous post it is jockys thread, but what did you do, you had to come back with some comment about Suarez being a thug and the world cup being better without him.Out of respect for Jocky I will say no more on this subject lets see if you can do the same.. Sadly for England we have seen the best of him and sadly for Uruguay we have seen the worst of him. Their next game was already a tough one and without him it will be even tougher. There is a small vid doing the rounds called Suarez of the lambs it is quite funny, if I can work out how to link I will put it on.

I think that video or a link to it is up all ready on the Suarez thread over on Barstool Banter.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Football back on tonight, first games of round 16 Brazil - Chile 11pm , Columbia - Uruguay 3am... This means i got a few hours to play with the girls between games tonight.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

I can't see it but i hope Chile win! Brazil are really starting to annoy the fuck out of me with their diving and the constantly waving of imaginary cards.

Archived