Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

www.Canterburytalescafe.Com Budget Guesthouse.

Daveo

Didnt realise it was a we are better than you thing, personally I have never heard of Umbrella cafe, ?? neither have any of my regulars, do you do Breakfasts and rooms ???

I tried to do a search and found umbrella cafe when I typed it in but when I typed in Canterbury Tales Cafe I got up on Google Canterbury Tales Cafe.

I shall pop in maybe and try your food ???, I am Dave, who are you by the way.

I don't think he means a competition thing. He's giving an example of how Google seems to have richer data about a non-flash website than a flash one. And yes, for the non-flash one, google.co.th has placed the menu page as a sub result of the first result.

Although google and yahoo can index flash (much better in the last year), that doesn't mean they will pick up as much metadata and be able to categorize it as well as a regular html page, something they've been doing for 10 years.

Flash is definitely better than html/css in 1 huge aspect: job security!

Try to find flash on any of the big boy websites (other than some of yahoo's). It's great if you really need it, but in 90% of the cases, AJAX is just fine.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think you understand Dave, I wanted flash for my page, when he started I had to show him pages I liked the look of, one of them was a Bangkok restaurant, he said it was flash and no good for google, not that I understand either, but it did look good.

OK, I give in, I dont really know the mechanics of a website but I know if I like it or not which I think is important and of course if a site is free from useless information, ads etc and it loads reasonably fast.

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Back to normal Sonkran is over, we had a walk along beach road and as they had shut it off for traffic it was dissapoining, no atmos........

OK, I give in, I dont really know the mechanics of a website but I know if I like it or not which I think is important and of course if a site is free from useless information, ads etc and it loads reasonably fast.

Cheers Dave

and that's what matters most to most users.

I dont think you understand Dave, I wanted flash for my page, when he started I had to show him pages I liked the look of, one of them was a Bangkok restaurant, he said it was flash and no good for google, not that I understand either, but it did look good.

Nothing on the canterybury tales site comes anywhere near requiring flash. The only time you really require it is for times when you need really complex graphics/charts kind of thing. Moving images around and other dynamic effects are easily accomplished with standard html/css/javascript.

Nothing wrong with using flash if this is what your designer is comfortable with, but of course, you do have the problem of mobile devices.

loved the pictures of the food on the website

how can you do a breakfast like that for under 100 baht thats under 2 quid

I just had a breaky here in brisbane this morning, similar set up it cost me 16 bucks or over 7 quid

good on yer

I finally found you - the map is so out of proportion from glancing at it I thought you were closer to pattaya klang.

a better map would be helpful - although maybe it is just me :GoldenSmile1:

Trying to find the right spot for three weeks over christmass and new year

Question

Hot Water

Whats the noise like in the room from the sois

Oh ate in this place over songkran good grub and good value

I've been staying here about 1 month now. Very happy with the service, i eat and sleep here and i also use the net all day in the cafe. Pretty usefull and very friendly. Alot of expats down here to talk to. I'll try and arrange some pictures. There is also alot of books here for sale if your staying a long time this is useful.

What did the electricity cost you for a month ?

Hi Archie, that post was 2007 I see so not sure if you will get a reply, we charge 6baht per unit for electric and average guests end up with about 400/500 baht per month depending on Aircon use etc.

Cheers Dave

I have the new pics of rooms 1B, 6B & 8B will shortly be on the website, in the meantime any Addicts interested in the rooms please PM me for new photos.

ROOM UPDATE

Building A (above Bookshop)

Room 4A; Available 28/04/09 to 13/05/09 then booked until 1/07/09 then available

Room 5A; Available 6/05/09 to 23/05/09 then booked until 21/07/09 then available

Room 6A; Booked, Available mid July.

Room 7A; Available now until 14/05/09 them booked 2 or 3 months.

Room 8A; Available 1/05/09 to 15/05/09 then booked to 05/07/09, then available.

Room 10A; Available Now until 10/05/09 then booked to 24/07/09 then available

Room 12A; Available next 2/07/09 to 24/07/09 then booked to 12/08/09 then available to 25/09/09 as booking to 25/10/09, then available until 25/12/09 booked to 10/01/10.

Building B

Room 1B; Available 29/04/09 to 22/05/09 booked to 16/06/09 then available.

Room 3B; Available mid July 2009.

Room 4B; Available now until 6/05/09 Then booked for 2 months

Room 6B; Available from 29/05/09 to 11/06/09 booked to 25/06/09 then available.

Room 8B; Available from 12/05/09 to 24/05/09 then booked to 1/06/09 then available.

Cheers Dave

New booking for Room 8B 13/06/09 to 20/06/09

Please Email me before visiting the website and paying a deposit, check availability as things can change in hours.

Cheers Dave

This is the first guesthouse I have seen in Pattaya that requires a 'deposit' on reservation.

When you pay a deposit I guarentee the room, if you book a guesthouse or even some hotels without paying a deposit they may say they will reserve the room but in truth if someone walks in off the street and pays for the room, you wont have it when you arrive.

I have booked rooms for people in close by rooms when I have been full for customers who have asked me to and paid deposits for them and even then I have gone to pick up the keys pre thier arrival to put in some supplies and they have told me, room no have, so even then they have sold the rooms to others, needless to say I dont do it anymore with them as they are run by Thai managers/owners who will just take a deposit, but if someone comes in showing cash they will take it, I normally got back the deposit but no good whe you then have to find an alternative.

My reason is, before I was recieving bookings and some would change thier plans and not mention it, or book 2 or 3 rooms & decide on which one when they took a look, a deposit tells me the guest is meaning to arrive, also if you pay a deposit for one of my rooms and things change I will honour the deposit for a year.

My rooms are full right now & I am turning bookings away daily because of my reputation, I am pretty full apart from a few gaps here & there until July August and I already have bookings for Nov Dec Jan 2010 and March 2010, a lot of my guests are repeat guests and they know what they are getting and feel comfortable that they have a good room when they arrive without trudging round the Soi's ending up in dump.

There are many local guesthouses that are poorly run & organised that are as good as empty here right now, I know as I make it my bussiness to know, I am full because I put myself out for my service and my guests.

Cheers Dave

Website now right up to date......

This is the first guesthouse I have seen in Pattaya that requires a 'deposit' on reservation.

Actually Mike, I think you will find most of the busy well established Guesthouses will only accept bookings with a Deposit.

Also may I ask would you resent having to pay a deposit for a room.

Cheers Dave

Room 8A, showing part of the seperate lounge, has 2 TV's, 2 dvd players, large free dvd library, A/C, 2 cieling fans, in room safe, large fridge, also the bedroom and shower room.

All details on the website, available from 5th July

Room_8_A.JPG

Room_8_A__1_.JPG

Room_8_A__2_.JPG

Room_8_A__3_.JPG

Hi Dave,

I have read this thread from start to finish and checked out your website.

I am very impressed with your website as it is easy to use, looks good and tells me everything I need to know without boring me with boring me with techo bullshit.

Also your pricing is excellent and your rooms look great. I have previously stayed in guest houses in Pattaya but your's seem to top them.

I am planning coming back to LOS with a newbie friend around Aug/Sep so as soon as I have firm plans I will email you and book.

Glad to hear you are busy, especially when things are so quiet in Patts.

Cheers mate

Highlander

Yes well I have studied the trends and situation since I started business here and work hard at my business so know what people expect and know from personel experience how disapointing things can be so I do all I can to supply the standards I would expect for myself.

Look forward to help making your stay a good one.

All the best Dave

ahooa :Grin_Jump1:

it was my room sometimes

i stayed with lovely minges :D

Room 8A, showing part of the seperate lounge, has 2 TV's, 2 dvd players, large free dvd library, A/C, 2 cieling fans, in room safe, large fridge, also the bedroom and shower room.

All details on the website, available from 5th July

ahooa :SteamingMad:

it was my room sometimes

i stayed with lovely minges :wacko:

Yes and you sure had your fair share of Luvvly Minges didnt you...... you Naughty boy...... :GoldenSmile1:

good luck dave read all this post seems your given people want they want happy days c u sometime cheers

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Archived