IGNORED

www.Canterburytalescafe.Com Budget Guesthouse.

Daveo

Do you have something nice, ensuite for 1 week beginning the 13th? Good wifi signal a must.

Have a look at the website and let me know what your interested in....

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are full all 16 rooms until end of Jan and have a few vacancies in Feb and on and am offering Addicts members 10% discount on all rooms apart from Monthly deals that are already well discounted.

Subject to availability.

Cheers Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Also 10% discount on all books.

Just a quick update on the rooms, few people have tried to take advantage of the 10% discount but the rooms are busy, here is an update starting with building A.

All details, photos and rates on the website. www.canterburytalescafe.com

Rooms that are not long term booked, room 2A (NEWLY REFURBISHED) available from 2nd April, but booked again for the whole of May. 5A from 8th March, room 6A from 1st April, 7A, form 12th March, 8A from 22nd March 10A from 25 Feb, 12A is available from 20th March to 3rd Feb & between 13th April to 1st May.

Building B, Room 1A is available from 10th March, room 3B from 16th April, room 5B available from 27th March, room 6B available from 27th April, room 7B available from mid may, room 7B available from 22nd Feb.

All are subject to 10% discount to addicts members apart from the monthly deals.

Cheers Dave

PS our Low season rates start 1st Feb

By the way any comments/suggestions regarding the website, always welcome.

Cheers Dave

I like the visual aspects of your website -- opening page is very attractive.

I also have a question about your breakfast. Not trying to start trouble or anything (yes, I've seen plenty of other posts on various boards having a go at you and this is not that.)

You have an English breakfast with all the usual stuff and right you should, what with being the Canterbury Tales Cafe. But if I stay there, being American (nobody's perfect) I have a slightly different Desire for breakfast. The eggs, the breakfast meat, the toast and even the tea are fine with me. But the beans and tomatoes just don't work for me (although mushrooms would be fine). All that said, what I really need as part of the breakfast is some good hash browns. This is not, I hasten to add, some slab of shredded potatoes dunked in the deep fryer. No, it's diced potatoes fried in a pan (preferably cast iron) or on a grill until browned and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside - sauteed with onions gets extra points. Is it possible to get such a thing? (and of course, I don't expect that it would come in at the rock bottom price of 75 baht). Just wondering .... maybe be there for a week at the end of May if an associated biz trip holds to plan in these tough times.

Apologies for thread corruption.

Well Jason I know what you mean and if you come here you can trade the beans and tomatos for mushrooms or Hash browns or both, we dont do them as a rule but are not difficult to do so if you stay or passing by say hi and I will make some for you, but you wll have to let me know as the staff will say,,,,,no have........

• 1 month later...

Afew people have been in and asked if the 10% discount is still available, Yes it is on books and rooms but not on monthly deals as these are already well discounted.

Cheers Dave

Dave,

I'm using Safari v3 and the flash part at the top appears to only load halfway before hanging. Have not had the patience to see if it finishes loading...Best to test your website on other browsers than just IE - Firefox and Safari are becoming more common.

Visually I think it's a bit dull and the graphics are a bit messy - looks like stuff you've grabbed from elsewhere. Maybe I'm being harsh, sorry about that.

I will revisit the website from another browser and perhaps drop by when in town in April.

A friend made the site and I have had mostly good feedback on it, of course its everyones opinion that can differ but its easy to follow and not too slow etc, I am not familiar with Safari so I cant help you there.

I works well and no ones mentioned problems before with it loading and it has so many hits you wouldnt believe, in fact I have had people want to advertise on it because of this but I dont want it to go that way.

I will mention what you have noted to my web guy and see what he says.

Cheers Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Dave,

I'm using Safari v3 and the flash part at the top appears to only load halfway before hanging. Have not had the patience to see if it finishes loading...Best to test your website on other browsers than just IE - Firefox and Safari are becoming more common.

Visually I think it's a bit dull and the graphics are a bit messy - looks like stuff you've grabbed from elsewhere. Maybe I'm being harsh, sorry about that.

I will revisit the website from another browser and perhaps drop by when in town in April.

Did you haved any joy with the other browser as I have asked a few people as well as my PC its working perfectly. ??

Room 1B & 6B is currently being refurbished and will have a seperate lounge / bedroom A/C TV, DVD player, tea/coffee maker, dining table/chairs, in room safe, etc etc.

Room 8B to follow next to be renovated.

Rooms 1B 6B & 8B on the website are under construction and being made rooms with seperate bedroom/lounge as we are knocking 2 rooms into 1, 1B is finished, 6B almost and 8B a week away from finishing, photos to follow.

We have finished renovating Rooms 1B & 6B on the website and both now have seperate bedroom / Lounge with Sofa etc, photos to follow shortly as well as details etc to be added to the website.

Cheers Dave

Room 6A ( on the website) available between April 15th to 4th May for 350baht per night all in.

Stayed at C'tales Jan 09.

The Bad: piss poor room next to stairs in building across from restaurant. Noise from street.

Soi Chaiapoon is a swampy shithole. Lake Chaiapoon forms at the west end of the street whenever it rains.

Not bad: thin walls allow you to feel 'part of the team' when your neighbor has sex..."NO, not in BumBum!, Yes, its going in yer arse".

It is apparently very bad form to applaud or cheer in response.

The Good: Dave and his wife are great, helpful folks, and the food is good. Prices are very reasonable all things considered.

The Street: Yes, the soi is a swampy shithole, but a swampy shithole with a unique character all its own. One of my favorite

restaurants, Le Cape Breton, is down the street on the south side. Real French cuisine with real frenchmen sitting around smoking

their faces off. All the advantages of eating in France for a fraction of the price.

Also the soi is close to all the important stuff in the Bukow area, without the noise of being on the main drag.

Sorry you felt this way about the room, maybe you could have told me directly you were not happy with the room ? and I guess being in Sin City you may hear the boom boom, a lot of guys would pay extra for that, ha ha.

And of course in Party town there will be some noise from the street, and I see you were in room 1B, which had the bedroom at the front of the building, (this has been altered since ) the room behind has a small lounge and the bedroom is further away at the back and you could still hear boom boom ???

Anyway thanks for pointing it out here and again I would have appreciated you telling me direct but thats your prerogative.

Cheers Dave

'lo Dave. Checked out the website and it works great :07: You could maybe add a flash-free menu for all users who don't usually allow flash and java. It's not to hard and as most of the pages and functions is non-flash, most of the info would be reachable even without flash and java.

As for the rooms, they look great! I'll probably visit you sometime.

By the way, is there any extra fee for a girl? I didn't find it on the website but maybe I didn't look to close :LOL:

All the best,

UPPERCASE

HI

I will look into the flash item mentioned and see what my web builder says so thanks for the suggestion and you may see I have added already to the site on the rooms page etc, No Guest fee's.

Thanks for pointing that out also.

Cheers Dave

I wanted flash for my site as I think it looks great, my web guy says the search engines can't see it so it doesn't do the web site any good on google, something like that anyway.

"Not bad: thin walls allow you to feel 'part of the team' when your neighbor has sex..."NO, not in BumBum!, Yes, its going in yer arse".

It is apparently very bad form to applaud or cheer in response"

This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time, dude you should be a comedian.

I wanted flash for my site as I think it looks great, my web guy says the search engines can't see it so it doesn't do the web site any good on google, something like that anyway.

I think my web designer told me before if you add too much flash etc it slows the loading speed of the pages etc, ???

Yes, flash is a script that needs to be downloaded and run in your browser so on a slow connection it may take a few seconds. Another problem is that if you have an old computer it might not be able to handle flash very well since it demands a decent CPU. This is also true for many mobile phones.

These two reasons, security and sometimes bandwidth are the most common reason why people disable flash.

Google has been indexing Flash-based web pages for 5 years. So no worry there :)

Uppercase, I mentioned that to my mate, he said to do a search for this menu and my menu on google, this is what he mailed me to search.

"pattaya canterbury tales cafe menu"

"jomtien umbrella cafe menu"

My page has been up for just over a month and my menu page comes up as number one, on the Canterbury Tales Cafe one its not on the first two pages of google.

I'm not sure what you mean, Jomtien. I searched for both terms that you mentioned and none of them resulted in a hit, and link, to the actual Menu from the homepage.

The first one, "pattaya canterbury tales cafe menu", first hit took me to the first page of his website. Second hit was "Other links".

The second one, "jomtien umbrella cafe menu", first hit took me to the first page of your website. Second hit was "Contact us".

And what does it matter? Both searches got you to the correct websitem, and one click away from the menu.

A lot of websites use Flash, from personal home pages to corporate websites. I see no reason not to as it really gives the designer a lot tools for their job. Though, I do agree that a clean-looking css/html page is great when on a slow / mobile connection.

Uppercase, I mentioned that to my mate, he said to do a search for this menu and my menu on google, this is what he mailed me to search.

"pattaya canterbury tales cafe menu"

"jomtien umbrella cafe menu"

My page has been up for just over a month and my menu page comes up as number one, on the Canterbury Tales Cafe one its not on the first two pages of google.

Didnt realise it was a we are better than you thing, personally I have never heard of Umbrella cafe, ?? neither have any of my regulars, do you do Breakfasts and rooms ???

I tried to do a search and found umbrella cafe when I typed it in but when I typed in Canterbury Tales Cafe I got up on Google Canterbury Tales Cafe.

I shall pop in maybe and try your food ???, I am Dave, who are you by the way.

Archived