IGNORED

www.Canterburytalescafe.Com Budget Guesthouse.

Daveo

Just as a matter of interest where did you buy your net, in Thailand or ?? we dont really suffer too much with mozzies but some people maybe interested to know.

Cheers Dave

I haven't bought it yet, was waiting on your info. :Finger5:

The particular net is available on Amazon. It is the largest free standing one I could find. I gave a link before, but here it is again:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mosinet-Double-Bed-Pop-Up/dp/B000R2DPNU/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1249957863&sr=8-18

Not sure about the logistics re buying from Amazon in Thailand. Would like to know actually.

I read somewhere that there is a shop behind Big C on 2nd road that sells mosquito nets.

Not sure about the quality / configuration etc.

The one available from Amazon is a 'free standing' one i.e not requiring 1-4 supports, which is a more permanent solution (non portable.)

You say that you don't have a mozzie problem, but they have a problem with me.

I got bitten to death in Naklua (due to the preponderence of pools / vegetation I suspect)

During my stay at the Chow Soy (3rd floor), I still got bitten during the night. How high can these f*ckers fly? :10of10Score:

Anyways, needless to say one whiff of my 'perfume' is enough to attract every 'slag' in the vicinity :22600584-Th:

Have you considered researching the 'nets' and installing them as an optional extra?

Just an idea :ShitHappens1:

Sorry I do go on a bit sometimes :ShitHappens1:

sgu_banner.gif

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave,

I see you got the hang of that little cigarette packet that takes movies LOL

I've been up all night watching the movies you took.......... great fun mate. It was great chatting with you and 'Boy Scout Paul', one afternoon in July. Great place, great grub, and a nice friendly guy. Good luck with the place in low season, but I'm sure you don't need it.

:IdHitIt2: Paul

P1010041 (Medium).JPG

The Paultain Experience (Chronicles of a Whore Monger) Also the book is available in ebook format for ipad, ipod & iphone!!!!

http://www.blurb.com.../detail/1200741

Trip Report 2009

http://www.pattaya-a...-paultain-2009/

Trip Report 2010

http://www.pattaya-a...67#entry1185467

Cheers Paul, always good to make new friends mate, see you next time.

All the best Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Boy scout Paul says Hi too.

Rooms filling up for December, looking like being a busy time ahead.

My latest Vid

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nKcn-AoNljI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nKcn-AoNljI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nKcn-AoNljI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Hi Dave,

I see you got the hang of that little cigarette packet that takes movies LOL

I've been up all night watching the movies you took.......... great fun mate. It was great chatting with you and 'Boy Scout Paul', one afternoon in July. Great place, great grub, and a nice friendly guy. Good luck with the place in low season, but I'm sure you don't need it.

:Circle_Sharks: Paul

P1010041 (Medium).JPG

Did you see Paul, here with me in the pic, in the recent controversial Thai soap......

Hey, any rooms available for oct, need two rooms between the 5th and 30th. Short notice i know, im the most unorganised person ever.

Marvin%20(i%27m%20so%20depressed)%20RobotSMALL.jpg

DROIDBOY

Hey, any rooms available for oct, need two rooms between the 5th and 30th. Short notice i know, im the most unorganised person ever.

HI Mate.

Have a look at the website www.canterburytalescafe.com and email me via that and we can go from there.

Cheers Dave

Just a quick update, room 10A is now with a separate bedroom (four poster bed)/ large lounge en suit etc.

no pics yet but soon, also room 3A available 8th October, has balcony, separate bedroom/lounge, en-suite, A/C 2 ceiling fans, fridge, in room electronic safe, TV, DVD player etc details soon on the website.

Room 12 A (1).JPG

I have done quite a lot of comparing prices over the last few weeks and most used fiction novels around the Pattaya area average at 160/180 baht, therefore I have cut ours to 120/140 average price with many 100 and some older stuff ay 20/40 baht, plus you recieve 50% credit off the next book/s on all books when finished with them.

We have many sections, true crime, war, history, classics, politics, travel, human interest,etc as well as 1000's of fiction in A-Z order,also German, French, Dutch, Scandinavian. Stephen Leather came in Sunday afternoon with a few of his past books as well as his new one 'Live fire" and they are brand new, signed & 45 baht cheaper than Asia books.

Also new signed copies of Private Dancer.

Gona be heading to your place first to check out your rooms next sunday 5th, had a look at the web site but dont have a paypal account or a very secure internet connection to be setting one up at the moment. Rooms look great for the price from the pics on your webby, just hope theres a coupe spare on the 5h :)

Marvin%20(i%27m%20so%20depressed)%20RobotSMALL.jpg

DROIDBOY

Ah yes with your Brother, good to see you got sorted and a couple of nice girls too. Luvvly.....

• 2 weeks later...

Newly renovated room 3A now available and pics on the website.

Cheers Dave

ROOM 3A available from 21st Oct to 11th Novemeber, then available again 18th November onwards.

see www.canterburytalescafe.com for all details.

IMG_0802.JPGIMG_0803.JPGIMG_0804.JPGIMG_0806.JPGIMG_0808.JPG

V. Nice Dave!

Would consider it for my upcoming xmas trip, shame it's on the 3rd floor. :GoldenSmile1:

After careful consideration (of my sweaty hikes up to the 3rd floor at the Chow Soy) I've booked into the Sabai Inn this time.

Keep up the good work. :Censored:

Peace.

sgu_banner.gif

Room 10A now has a separate bedroom/ lounge etc, all details on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Room Update.

4A available from 8th November to 15th Nov, then from 4th Dec to 18th Dec then available from 16th Jan to 28th Feb

5A available from 15th Nov to 3rd Dec then from 15th Jan onwards

6A available now until 29th Nov then from 30th Dec to 8th Jan then available from 16th Jan onwards

3A (newly renovated ) available 6th Nov to 11th Nov then from 19th Nov to 6th Dec then from 13th Jan onwards

8A available 17th Nov to 8th Dec then available from 18th Feb onwards

10A ( newly renovated) available 17th Nov to 28th Dec then available from 19th Jan onwards

12A available 4th Jan to 9th Jan then from 10th Feb to 17th Feb, then available 17th March onwards.

1B available 3rd Nov to 14th then from 23rd Nov to 30th Nov, then from 14th Dec to to 28th Dec then from 18th Jan onwards.

3B Booked longterm

4B booked longterm

6B available 8th Nov to 15th Nov then from 30th Nov to 20th Dec then from 29th Jan onwards.

8B available from 3rd Nov to 9th Nov, then from 23rd Nov to 4th Dec, then from 12th Jan onwards.

These bookings can change at any time so please book as early as possible, all details on the website.

If your looking for a room and your dates fit the above please email me via the website for a deal, we already offer monthly deals but I also offer shorter/longer term deals where available.

Cheers Dave

• 4 months later...

The room shown above (3A) is approximately 42 square meters in size without measuring the shower/toilet room and balcony so as big as a studio condo

Room Details All rooms below apart from Monthly deals are subject to 10% off room rates to Addicts members from 1st June for 3 months.

Building A on the website.

All rooms are En-suite, with Electronic Safe, Free Wifi, Tea/Coffee Makers.

Room 1 & 2 A Booked longterm

Room 3A. 3rd floor

Large Room with seperate Bedroom / Lounge, A/C, 2 Cieling fans, TV/DVD player,

Large Fridge, Balcony, Sofa + Leather Recliner,

Dining table & chairs.

550 per night or 12,000 per month + Electric

Available 22nd April to 7th May, then from 7th June onwards

Room 4A 3rd floor

Large Room with seperate Bedroom / Lounge, A/C, 2 Cieling fans, 2 TV's 2 DVD players,

Large Fridge, Sofa/bed, + Leather Recliner,

Dining table & chairs. Balcony,

550 per night or 12,000 per month + Electric

Available 15th April to 2nd May, then from 23rd June onwards.

Room 5A 2nd floor

Standard Room, A/C, ceiling fan, Large Fridge, TV, DVD player, Dining table/chairs, Recliner

500 per night 8,500 per month + electric

Available from 26th April onwards

Room 6A 2nd floor

Standard Room, A/C, ceiling fan, Large fridge, TV, DVD player, Dining table/chairs,

500 per night, 8,500 per month + electric.

Available late April or early May

Room 7A booked Longterm

Room 8A 1st floor

Large Room, Separate bedroom / lounge, A/C, 2 Ceiling fans,

2 TV's, 2 DVD players, Large fridge, sofa, leather recliner, dining table/chairs,

550 per night or 11,500 per month + electric.

Available 19th April to 7th May, then available from 7th June onwards

Room 9A booked longterm

Room 10A 1st floor

Large Room, Separate bedroom/lounge ,4 poster Bed, A/C, 2 ceiling fans, Large fridge, sofa & recliner, TV/DVD player, Dining table/chairs,

550 per night 11,500 per month + electric.

Available 16th May onwards but awaiting confirmation for June Booking

Room 12A 2nd floor

Largest apartment, ( 40 Sq M) Separate lounge, big bedroom, large shower room, double balcony has A/C, 2 ceiling fans, 4 poster bed, 2 TV's, 2 DVD players, Microwave, Kitchen Sink, Sofa, & recliner, dining table/chairs,

600 per night 12,500 per month + electric.

Available from 1st May to 29th May, then available from 16th June

Rooms building B

Room 1B 1st floor

Includes Separate Bedroom/Lounge A/C, fan, TV, DVD player, Large Fridge, Dining table & chairs, Sofa, & recliner.

550 per night 10,500 per month + electric.

Available from 13th April onwards but awaiting confirmation for late April

3B Booked Longterm.................

Room 4B 2nd floor

Smaller Bedroom, & seating area, Includes A/C, Fan, Table/chairs fridge, TV, DVD player, Room is at the back of the building so very quiet.

400 per night 6,500 per month + electric.

Available from 2nd April

Room 6B 2nd floor

Large Room, (38 Sq M) Separate Bedroom /Lounge, A/C, fan, fridge, Dining table/chairs, TV, DVD player, Sofa, Leather recliner, Balcony

Available from 13th May onwards.

Room 6B 3rd floor

Large Room, (42 Sq M) Separate Bedroom /Lounge, A/C, fan, fridge, Dining table/chairs, TV, DVD player, Sofa, Leather recliner, Balcony

Available from 14th June onwards.

Above bookings are subject to change at any time so please email for details and enquiries.

We have a large collection of DVD’s, for guests to Borrow, Free of charge. .

Some details;

map 2 (8).JPGpost-2887-125149014835.jpg

Room 4A (1).jpgIMG 691.jpgroom 4a 4.jpg

Hi daveo,could i book room 1b 1st floor,and room 4b 2nd floor,in 2nd building,check in 17april check out 24april 2010, P.M. me and let me know if available,cheers

I'll be there for the first time in July. I'm thinking about staying at Canterbury tales (I'm a sucker for used book stores). Trying to figure out the Baht bus--does it go down 2nd road and take a short walk to the guesthouse, or is there a closer bus?

I'll be there for the first time in July. I'm thinking about staying at Canterbury tales (I'm a sucker for used book stores). Trying to figure out the Baht bus--does it go down 2nd road and take a short walk to the guesthouse, or is there a closer bus?

Bt Buses go down soi Bukhow, from one end at Tukcom where the market is to Centrel Road at the other end (the full route I think goes down beach road and circles around).

Get off at Oasis go-go (across from subway) and its a 30sec walk

As Sean says the baht buses going either way from soi Bauhkow and we are 30 meters from there so easy to access any direction.

Archived