IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

how much is the home made pizza?and how do you know the ingredients without a menu?

Not sure of the cost as I had it at a party but give the guy a call  and ask I think he will make to order what ever you like. Seriously if you like Chicago style deep dish pizza this is the best in Pattaya.

I am a fan of pizza pizza in the avenues. It is a bit pricey, but but the crust is good, ingredients fresh, and the wood fire flavor is great. I also like the fact that it is nice and light. Usually my go to after a late night when I need some comfort food.

Why people dont mention wooden ovens? I would not bother any pizzeria which not have wooden oven.

Ny pizza have wooden oven? Or does Loaf?

I am a fan of pizza pizza in the avenues. It is a bit pricey, but but the crust is good, ingredients fresh, and the wood fire flavor is great. I also like the fact that it is nice and light. Usually my go to after a late night when I need some comfort food.

Yup, very tasty and you can taste the authentic quality ingredients. 

I usually order one whole pizza and almost finish the whole thing, much to the amusement of the waitress that works there. She's tall, pretty in a classy, elegant way, and she's been working there for a few years I think.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Had the breakfast pizza at loaf 3 or 4 times last trip. Enjoyed it every time. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Why people dont mention wooden ovens? I would not bother any pizzeria which not have wooden oven.

Ny pizza have wooden oven? Or does Loaf?

i refer you to my pic in post 20 of this thread for the Loaf answer

• Like 1

Good pizza at the hopf beer hall beach rd

+1 for the Hopf.

It's not the cheapest around, and the idea of a German themed pizza joint is rather weird.

But the quality is good and the restaurant is palatial by Pattaya standards.

You can also enjoy a glass of their excellent home brewed German style wheat beer.

:NiceThread1:

Aroy dee on second road next door to ceasar palace hotel best pizza i had in patts cheap as chips and deliver to condo as well

pic taken today.

2nd rd between the hotel and Tipp Plaza

feb 5 154_800x600.jpg

+1 for the Hopf.

It's not the cheapest around, and the idea of a German themed pizza joint is rather weird.

But the quality is good and the restaurant is palatial by Pattaya standards.

You can also enjoy a glass of their excellent home brewed German style wheat beer.

:NiceThread1:

The way they bill you, just puts me off the place.

• Like 2

I tried the pizza today at the Loaf.. I got the El Supremo - not good at all in my opinion. 

Everyone has different tastes. This just wasn't good for me. Actually it didn't have any taste at all - I think that was mainly because it was lacking pizza sauce. 

I've had a couple of good pizzas from New York Pizza house in the past. They get my vote, but I haven't eaten there since last year. I'll have to try them again to confirm. 

The pizza at The Loaf today:

loaf.jpg

I tried the pizza today at the Loaf.. I got the El Supremo - not good at all in my opinion. 

Everyone has different tastes. This just wasn't good for me. Actually it didn't have any taste at all - I think that was mainly because it was lacking pizza sauce. 

I've had a couple of good pizzas from New York Pizza house in the past. They get my vote, but I haven't eaten there since last year. I'll have to try them again to confirm. 

attachicon.gifloaf.jpg

I get a lot of pizzas from The Loaf and I can say that I've never seen one cooked so much as that one.

It looks like somebody forgot about it. 

Were they real busy?

I get a lot of pizzas from The Loaf and I can say that I've never seen one cooked so much as that one.

It looks like somebody forgot about it. 

Were they real busy?

No, not at all.. just a few other customers drinking coffee. It was a Sunday at around 4pm. Perhaps the main cook's day off. 

Hard to beat Hopf on Beach Road, and the beer is fantastic.

Also outstanding pizza on WS, opposite Roobar - it's an Italian restaurant of which I forget the name.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a NY Pizza a few nights ago via their website, which was fairly easy. They made a follow up phone call to me to verify only 2 minutes later. 

The delivery guy couldn't find my place in Jomtien, so I had to get on my bike and go find him. I gave them the correct address, but it wasn't written in Thai.. 

The pizza was great. I ordered the western pizza (BBQ Chicken) with extra sauce and extra mushroom. The dough was fresh & crispy, the bacon was fantastic and the sauce very tasty, although I don't think I got any extra sauce. The cheese was also good quality and tasty. 

It seems my pizza was either dropped, or it folded over when it was slid into the box because it was bunched up at one end when it was delivered. 

I have not tried many pizza places in Pattaya, but for me this is very tasty and I will continue ordering from them. 

You can dine in at their restaurant if you like.. it's on 3rd road. Bliss the BJ place is a short walk from there..

NYpizza2.jpg

NYpizza1.jpg

Best pizza I EVER had (and I grew up in New Jersey, USA - known for their pretty decent pizza) was in Bangkok... In Central World Mall for about a year or so there was an Italian bakery/deli on the ground floor, in the food court area, toward the gourmet grocery store - and the owner was from Italy... The place closed, but reopened near the new shopping mall (that hadn't opened yet when I left BKK in Oct 2011) on the corner of Asok and Sukhumvit - near Terminal 21... forget its name... but it is AWESOME!!  they had a potato onion pizza that was incredible... oh man I miss that!!  one slice was all you needed - it was REAL thick, real rich, real amazing!! 

• Like 1

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Best coffee in BKK that I found was outside the True Fitness (Suk and Asok), near the overhead walkway that goes to the BTS station... It is a small, coffee and chocolate shop... The owner is a young, very enterprising dude... Met him in the fitness center and he had opened a old fashioned style retro Thai noodle shop, and right near it, the coffee/chocolate shop... They bake amazing brownies, and had an awesome mexican coffee that had a touch of chile in it and dark chocolate... OHHHHHH yeahhhhhhh!!  

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

A lot of people don't know what a pizza is ... They just know the crap version they know in their home country ...

Pizza is originally from Italy and most (90%) of pizza sold in America and also Australia ... They would jail you in Italy for serving that crap.

Also Italian pizza usually has only a few ingredients and not piled up like mt Everest

Even if this is a month old, it needs to be repeated :P

Its true. I'm not really a fan of Napoletana style pizza, but the majority of pizza in the U.S is just bad. NY is pretty much the only exception. I'm not really with you on the "traditional" aspect though. Dishes change to fit regional tastes, theres nothing wrong about that. Authenticity means nothing when it comes to making good food.

If you can find a place using a wood, or coal oven anywhere in the world...its likely that they know their shit, and you should give it a try.

Edited by Flargarble

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifloaf.jpg

I went to the loaf today. I got the hawaiin. I have to say is i had the same experiance it was totally taste less. I even added salt and pepper. It was garbage it pissed me off. Made we had a different cook. Then the rest. I have had a decent pizza in central mall on the 2nd floor. It is now under construction. But they did use real prosciutto

I enjoy all interpretations of pizza. I am snowboarding in Italy at the moment good times. This is my standard pie here margherita with onions (the oven brings out the sweetness of the onion awesome). It is very light, simple and wood fired.

pizzait.JPG

The closest to this style in Patts I have found is an Italian restaurant with a woodfired oven and Italian chef. Enter Soi Chaiyapoon from Buakhow left at Triangle bar 50m down. 200-280bt.

Pattaya Pizza... Used to be great, went to shit, now closed

NY Pizza  ... Used to be great, last one was shit

Pizza Hut (Philippines) one of the worst pizza's of my life

Slices.... absolute garbage. Binned it even tho I was starving. Went to 7/11 afterwards.

Globetrotter...not bad at all.

Loaf...Pretty decent, maybe the best available currently.

Hopf House.. Ate there with a mate and had something other than pizza and it was so bad I figure they could fuck up bottled water.

Pizza Company... just mass produced stuff...give it a pass.

The best pizza of my life was surprisingly in Puerto Galera Philippines. An American guy with proper ingredients and imported wood-burning oven  The lasagna is/was rather poor tho

http://vesuviospizzeria.com/

Edited by steamer

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

I enjoy all interpretations of pizza. I am snowboarding in Italy at the moment good times. This is my standard pie here margherita with onions (the oven brings out the sweetness of the onion awesome). It is very light, simple and wood fired.

attachicon.gifpizzait.JPG

The closest to this style in Patts I have found is an Italian restaurant with a woodfired oven and Italian chef. Enter Soi Chaiyapoon from Buakhow left at Triangle bar 50m down. 200-280bt.

It's moved to Soi Buakow now.

as expatdude has pointed out it's moved.

the old site taken today

march april 4 028_800x600.jpg

and the new place assuming this is the one you were on a bit is south along buakoaw and down a new half soi

with this place on the corner and tell tale sign in foreground

jan feb 20 167_800x547.jpg

jan feb 20 171_800x600.jpg

jan feb 15 028_800x600.jpg

Gone! Hitting the vino rosso at the moment relocated near irovers?

Gone! Hitting the vino rosso at the moment relocated near irovers?

that irovers is NOT the one in LK Metro but on a new building in a half soi just before you reach Soi 15 going south on soi buakoaw