IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

I know it's not "in town", but the best pizza I've had in Thailand has been at a little Italian restaurant which has been open for a couple of months on Rompho Rd in Jomtien (I can't remember the name of it, but it's the only Italian restaurant there).

Really nicely laid out and when it opened I said to the gf we have to try it, the shop looks like it's been thoughtfully furnished by someone who really knows what they are doing. A few times we walked past and the big Italian owner was out the front saying "Welcome to Papa Guiseppe's Pizza" (or whatever the name is, I can't remember), a nice touch.

Was turned off a little bit by the prices at first, especially since I had no idea of the quality, so it was a while before I went there. But last week was having a drink and playing pool there and noticed the shop was still open at 11pm so thought to give it a try. Ordered a take away Salami pizza which cost 320 baht. Yes, expensive, BUT you get a very big pizza and as I said in the first paragraph, this is the best pizza I've had in Thailand, truly authentic Italian thin crust pizza, cooked perfectly and the salami was amazing, big pieces. Simple stuff, pizza sauce, cheese a few herbs, but the base and the ingredients make it one I will definitely be going back for.

I am working overseas for a few weeks, when I get back I will post some photos, wish I'd taken some at the time. Hardly any customers there due to the location, which is not good, I post this review in the hope a few more new customers will find there way there, now I've tried it I would hate to see the place close down.  

If you live in town and you like Italian style pizza, it is worth a trip out there, spend a few hours in one of the Rompho bars, free pool and very cheap beers all night and when hungry go to this restaurant.

To find it, get off the baht bus just before it turns right to head toward Jomtien beach and keep walking for about 10 minutes down 2nd Rd in the same direction past the View Talay Residence Buildings until you get to the market, then look for the Aussie Bar and Paragon Gym. PM if you want some better instructions if that is not clear enough. 

Go to the Paragon Gym which is just off 2nd Rd and just past the Aussie Bar, then just head up into the Rompho (towards Oz Burger), it's on the right a little way up.

The Italian restaurant on WS ( next to old teazers, shhh it's called now.) opposite sweethearts and roobar does amazing pizza, authentic Italian style with some modern twists too. My favourite Is the prosciutto and rocket, and they are happy to add extras as you please. A bit expensive 280 baht and upward but well worth it

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

expatdude: correct, same complex as Oz Burger, if you walked out of Oz Burger and turned left walking toward 2nd Rd, after about 30m you will walk right past the restaurant.

It's moved to Soi Buakow now.

The owner sold that and has opened his own place in Soi Bongkot. It is almost opposite the Family Mart. Walk past the Buffalo bar and when you get to the Family mart it is about 30 metres on the otherside of the road. Open every day 12,00 to 11.00 and has rooms for rent as well. I walk past it evry day and he always says hi. He tried working at a beachroad place but got sick of the Russkies and Indians complaining.  I asked himwhere he got the veal from and he said "the pig". It appears he used google to do his english menu.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

New York gets my vote. The chicken wing hot sauce pizza there was among top 5 i have had ever.

Once it was a bit dry, so i kept ordering them with extra chicken wing sauce. 

Highly recommended.

The owner sold that and has opened his own place in Soi Bongkot. It is almost opposite the Family Mart. Walk past the Buffalo bar and when you get to the Family mart it is about 30 metres on the otherside of the road. Open every day 12,00 to 11.00 and has rooms for rent as well. I walk past it evry day and he always says hi. He tried working at a beachroad place but got sick of the Russkies and Indians complaining.  I asked himwhere he got the veal from and he said "the pig". It appears he used google to do his english menu.

That's funny--he bought it from Massimo. I ate ravioli there once, pretty good, but never went back. Does he do pizza?

Interestingly, there's another pizza place on Soi Bongkot--nearer 3rd road, just down from Cherry's--called Pizza Luego. Quite good and reasonably priced--had a pie from them yesterday for 170 baht, was nice and just the right amount for one person. It opened very recently, within the last couple weeks. Can't miss it, big sign.

The Italian restaurant on WS ( next to old teazers, shhh it's called now.) opposite sweethearts and roobar does amazing pizza, authentic Italian style with some modern twists too. My favourite Is the prosciutto and rocket, and they are happy to add extras as you please. A bit expensive 280 baht and upward but well worth it

this one

march april 7 225_800x600.jpg

I'm a Pizza Italy fan also. I tried NY Pizza a couple of weeks ago. Tried it years ago in a location between Suk Soi 3 and 5 in BKK and it was too spicy for me. The place on 3rd Road wasn't spicy so maybe changed from the previous report. I though it was a bit boring, same with The Loaf. But it's a personal thing. I like tangy tomato sauce so others might not like my favorite. Hopf is good also but expensive and always too damn crowded.

Edited by RockyMtnJay

If you want to eat a good pizza be sure to go to a real Italian pizzeria. There are many fake italian restaurants all over the world and in Thailand too. When I am in Bangkok I always go to Pala Pizza at Asoke, you can enjoy a well made italian pizza there. As I am italian I don't like american pizza.

yeah thats the one, although I have to attach a warning, last Sunday, a mate and I shared a focaccia from there and sent it back as the chicken was off, it smelt like fish. When he took it back and told her " men pla " she smiled and said. " oh solly, chicken no good" I spat mine out as soon as I tasted it and rinsed my mouth out, just had a bit of diarrhea next day but he swallowed a bite of his and ended up in hospital with food poisoning. Just goes to show, a restaurant is only as good as it's last meal

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

My mate says pizza is just over-sized cheese-on-toast for fat geezers.

I'm as outraged as you are, but find it hard to refute his argument.

What should I tell him???

If you want to eat a good pizza be sure to go to a real Italian pizzeria. There are many fake italian restaurants all over the world and in Thailand too. When I am in Bangkok I always go to Pala Pizza at Asoke, you can enjoy a well made italian pizza there. As I am italian I don't like american pizza.

The vegetarian @0:55 looks awesome.

Edited by steamer

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

The vegetarian @0:55 looks awesome.

How can a vegetarian pizza look good let alone taste good. If it hasnt got bits of dead animal on it Im not eating it. If I wanted healthy I would eat a salad not a salad fooking pizza

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

there is a pizza hut on beach rd near the bottom of soi post office but not on walking street

What soi no is it near to?

Thanks. Been craving pizza lately.

Vincent Law

The best pizza is a new start up,  its real american pizza. I dont have a menu on me but it has chicago deep pan and stuff like that which isnt available else where.

His name is sean and he delivers.  Hes getting a shop soon.

That is what I am looking for...  will give it a try thx for the tip (as the hooker said to the leper).

there is a pizza hut on beach rd near the bottom of soi post office but not on walking street

It's at the corner of Beach Road and Soi 13/2 (Soi Post Office).

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.93073,100.878456,3a,75y,162.25h,94.55t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sh9_MlKzbDWgSEB_Nm_lnUg!2e0

To each his own, but I had a REALLY crappy pizza there years ago and doubt that I would go back.  

I should add that I actually like Pizza Hut here in the USA.

To each his own, but I had a REALLY crappy pizza there years ago and doubt that I would go back.  

I should add that I actually like Pizza Hut here in the USA.

I've only eaten there once a few years ago. I prefer places that are a bit more Italian. But he wanted to know so I told him.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the boards view on Domino's Pizza, who look like they are opening soon in Pattaya ?