IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Do you still charge extra for take away?

No. The reason we charged for the containers was when a special was on. The idea of the special is to get people into Wok N Rok and have a drink too.

We replaced our fridge recently with one that chills the beer just perfectly, until there's frost on the bottles. The big triple unit was no good for chilling the beers and it put out a lot of heat into the restaurant.

A cooler eating environment and very chilled beers.   

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are planning a few changes at Wok N Rok in the near future.

Extended Western menu. Some additions to the Chinese menu and a lick of paint and improved comfort.

New signage and as mentioned the restaurant area has been cooled down significantly by removing a big triple unit fridge that was putting too much heat out.

A new fridge in place that just chills the beers to perfection.

fridge.jpg

coldbeer.jpg

Thai Confucius say after take care your kok, must visit Wok n Rok.

Price discussions are killing my mood and my illusions.

Today's special at Wok N Rok is a 2 course.

Spring rolls with breast of chicken curry and our new improved Cantonese egg fried rice.

230 Baht. Serving now.

spring rolls.jpg

Chicken Curry Breast.jpg

New Rice.jpg

Banner.jpg

I have eaten here several times and its always worth the visit

back again next week

Thanks for your custom.

Today's special at Wok N Rok is a 2 course.

Spring rolls with breast of chicken curry and our new improved Cantonese egg fried rice.

230 Baht. Serving now.

attachicon.gifspring rolls.jpg

attachicon.gifChicken Curry Breast.jpg

attachicon.gifNew Rice.jpg

attachicon.gifBanner.jpg

This was also todays special and I really enjoyed it :GoldenSmile1:

The spring rolls arrived 1st and as normal at wok and rock the main did not come until I had finished them, certainly not Thai style which is always good.

They were firm and crispy and the filling was tasty, the dipping sauce had a nice sweet kick to it which really complimented them.

The main was also good, the rice was light and well cooked and tasted great on its own, the chicken is actually served as a breast, not sliced but was perfectly cooked, still nice and moist and fell apart using a spoon as a cutting device, the curry sauce was really British Chinese style and very tasty, not spicy hot but typical of a very good take way back home.

The staff were very friendly and the service efficient, a bit surprised to see a rather scantily clad LB as the cashier, but hey...........

A few quite nice looking girls, lots of big smiles from them too !

Food 230 baht + bottle of water @30 which is very fair = 260 baht, tasty filling meal served by nice friendly staff.

This was my 6th or 7th visit since September and I've never been disappointed by the quality of the food.

Personally I prefer this "special" offer rather than one course & one beer as I'm not really a daytime drinker and only eat one main meal per day, was and something last thing at night, alas I think W & R does not serve food at in the early hours but I could be wrong.

I keep going back because its worth it, some guys may think its a little expensive but think nothing of buying god knows how many LD,s in GG,s which is beyond me.

Pay for quality, eat well and be healthy and give this place a go

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

This was also todays special and I really enjoyed it :GoldenSmile1:

The spring rolls arrived 1st and as normal at wok and rock the main did not come until I had finished them, certainly not Thai style which is always good.

They were firm and crispy and the filling was tasty, the dipping sauce had a nice sweet kick to it which really complimented them.

The main was also good, the rice was light and well cooked and tasted great on its own, the chicken is actually served as a breast, not sliced but was perfectly cooked, still nice and moist and fell apart using a spoon as a cutting device, the curry sauce was really British Chinese style and very tasty, not spicy hot but typical of a very good take way back home.

The staff were very friendly and the service efficient, a bit surprised to see a rather scantily clad LB as the cashier, but hey...........

A few quite nice looking girls, lots of big smiles from them too !

Food 230 baht + bottle of water @30 which is very fair = 260 baht, tasty filling meal served by nice friendly staff.

This was my 6th or 7th visit since September and I've never been disappointed by the quality of the food.

Personally I prefer this "special" offer rather than one course & one beer as I'm not really a daytime drinker and only eat one main meal per day, was and something last thing at night, alas I think W & R does not serve food at in the early hours but I could be wrong.

I keep going back because its worth it, some guys may think its a little expensive but think nothing of buying god knows how many LD,s in GG,s which is beyond me.

Pay for quality, eat well and be healthy and give this place a go

Thanks kindly for your review.

The Ladyboy is the cashier in our new bar "One More?" beer bar in the R-Con complex. Opening party tonight.  

Had kung pao pork and roast pork fried rice yesterday, it was delicious...big portion too!! Will return...

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

The last couple of times I stopped in Wok n Rok there was no daily special.  Have you stopped offering these?

The last couple of times I stopped in Wok n Rok there was no daily special.  Have you stopped offering these?

No. Just been busy elsewhere and catering a lot.

The special will be back on tomorrow.

Looks good and will try it for the first time next month as usually around this area for something to eat before hit LK Metro and buakow bars.

I never have beer with my meals so its better to have 2 courses instead of a beer with it for me anyway.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Looks good and will try it for the first time next month as usually around this area for something to eat before hit LK Metro and buakow bars.

I never have beer with my meals so its better to have 2 courses instead of a beer with it for me anyway.

Thanks.

Today's special at Wok N Rok is Beef curry with egg fried rice or chips.

195 Baht. Open from 12 Mid day.

Beef_Curry (2).jpg

New Rice (2).jpg

Banner.jpg

UK Standard Chinese food available to you in Pattaya.

We are located near the Chaba Hut Resort on Soi Baukhao.

• Free Pool
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Cold beers
  • Sport on TV
  • Foreign beers and cider

Eaten here twice now, was reserving judgement from the first time.

Ordered the same meals twice. Hot and Sour soup and Chicken curry.

The soup is lovely and the curry has a great taste, just like home. My only question (not criticism) is why is the curry sauce so thin?  Regional variations? It's lovely and thick where I come from. (North West UK)

And your beer is lovely and cold!

Nice staff too.

Looks good,will be there in April and try some for sure.

Robw

Eaten here twice now, was reserving judgement from the first time.

Ordered the same meals twice. Hot and Sour soup and Chicken curry.

The soup is lovely and the curry has a great taste, just like home. My only question (not criticism) is why is the curry sauce so thin?  Regional variations? It's lovely and thick where I come from. (North West UK)

And your beer is lovely and cold!

Nice staff too.

To answer your question. That's the consistency of the curry sauce in Glasgow. Where Ouy worked with the Chinese. It's a simple matter to thicken it up.

It's like the spicy curry sauce v the non spicy. We make it to a medium taste but if you want it spicier just ask. You shall have it the way you like it.

Same as any Chinese. Some serve it spicy and some don't.

I just polished this off. I asked her to thicken the sauce and spice it up. Gone in 5 minutes...Lol

BreastCurry2.jpg

Today's special at Wok N Rok

Breast of chicken curry and egg fried rice or chips

195 Baht

Serving now.

Chicken Curry Breast.jpg

New Rice (2).jpg

Banner.jpg

To answer your question. That's the consistency of the curry sauce in Glasgow. Where Ouy worked with the Chinese. It's a simple matter to thicken it up.

It's like the spicy curry sauce v the non spicy. We make it to a medium taste but if you want it spicier just ask. You shall have it the way you like it.

Same as any Chinese. Some serve it spicy and some don't.

I just polished this off. I asked her to thicken the sauce and spice it up. Gone in 5 minutes...Lol

Nice one, I'll be back.

Archived