Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

10 - 20% in general, quite a bit.

Spring rolls 85 to 105
Special curry 165 to 185
Chips 50 to 70

Total 300 to 360 = +20%

No prawns or Duck involved.

I won't stop eating there either but I will no doubt eat there less.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 - 20% in general, quite a bit.

Spring rolls 85 to 105
Special curry 165 to 185
Chips 50 to 70

Total 300 to 360 = +20%

No prawns or Duck involved.

I won't stop eating there either but I will no doubt eat there less.

Soups down by 10% and the portions INCREASED in the meals that have went up. Not to mention improved recipes and meal presentations.

We are offering quality Western Chinese food at a reasonable price to our customers. And I think most of them, appreciate that fact.

Not forgetting quality Western and Thai food. Maybe I need to re-post our full menus to remind members what we offer.

Cheers.

If you not like the price go eat somewhere else. Vote with your feet if needed. Portions at the place are big anyway, have you though about offering half portions? at reduced price this may attract others. I know what you are going to say around cooking times and effort for that :)

Perhaps a better question than asking if you can run a free soup kitchen for the skint.

Are all your staff, except your lovely wife obviously, available to bar fine? I have noticed some girls drinking and then go out with customers, the lass with the black glasses is always very pleasant but I've always had a girl with me when I've seen her. 

If you not like the price go eat somewhere else. Vote with your feet if needed. Portions at the place are big anyway, have you though about offering half portions? at reduced price this may attract others. I know what you are going to say around cooking times and effort for that :)

Hi Robert69

Yes, portions are big at Wok N Rok. Our best seller is chicken curry. Without a doubt. Our best seller has increased by 5 Baht in price! Our King prawn, duck and char siu dishes were way underpriced for the cost to buy and prepare. But, even though the price has increased we have also increased the portion size of these dishes. Basically, due to listening to customer feedback. It's a hard time pleasing everybody but we like to listen to what our customers have to say.

That's why the curry sauce has been thickened and spiced up ever so slightly. And why we have added broccoli to the black bean and black pepper dishes.   

The Foo Yung dishes now come with a fantastic Chinese brown gravy. This is more of an English Chinese addition, rather than a Scottish one. But at least we are giving the customer a choice to use the gravy on the Foo Yung or not to.

Half portions would be costly and not worth to produce them. Simply because everything we do is cooked from fresh. Nothing reheated. Even our spring rolls are made at Wok N Rok. Nothing bought in. All of Ouy's experience and recipes.

We will however start offering 'double specials' very soon. To give customers a choice of two different specials.

And because we use microwavable containers there's nothing to stop customers ordering in bulk and freezing the food. Maybe we will look at deals if they buy x amount. Anything's possible but at the end of the day we are trying to give you quality Western Chinese food at a reasonable price. 

Perhaps a better question than asking if you can run a free soup kitchen for the skint.

Are all your staff, except your lovely wife obviously, available to bar fine? I have noticed some girls drinking and then go out with customers, the lass with the black glasses is always very pleasant but I've always had a girl with me when I've seen her. 

The 'barfine' word isn't recognised at Wok N Rok. But they are available as a 'take away' and yes 'Gell' is a lovely little Lady. In case you were wondering what Her name was! :wink:

Maybe the free soup kitchen is a good idea. That's bound to fill it. :Party3:

I knew you were going to say that on half portions. And it would be understandable if prices would not be half at all.

Had two home deliveries and the food has been excellent, but you need to get a better English speaker to take the orders, both times she sent the delivery guy to the wrong area, both times the food was cold by the time I got it.

Today is double special day at Wok N Rok
Special 1 Chicken Foo Yung and chips or egg fried rice 150 Baht
Special 2 Breast of chicken curry with chips or egg fried rice 195 Baht
Serving from 12 Midday.

enhanced2.jpg

enhanced.jpg

New Rice (2).jpg

Chicken Curry Breast.jpg

Banner.jpg

BizMaps.jpg

I've just polished off the Wok N Rok special. Breast of chicken curry with egg fried rice. I didn't think She could improve on Her last recipes for this. I was wrong. Better sauce. Perfect vegetable cuts and the rice cooked and prepared in a new way.

I'm stuffed.

Just been given a couple of dark Laos beers from a customer to wash it down.

Breastof curry.jpg

Breastcurry2.jpg

Speaking of Beer Lao Dark, any chance you can stock it? I noticed a lot of 7-11's have it now, lovely drop. 

Speaking of Beer Lao Dark, any chance you can stock it? I noticed a lot of 7-11's have it now, lovely drop. 

Yes, good idea. You're right, it's a great tasting beer.

Today's double special
Beef in black pepper sauce with egg fried rice or chips 195 Baht
Char Siu curry with egg fried rice or chips 195 Baht
Serving now.

beefpepperblack.jpg

Char Sui curry.jpg

Banner.jpg

BizMaps.jpg

Yes, good idea. You're right, it's a great tasting beer.

Cheers, I'm not back in town for a couple of months but I'll enquire next time I'm in.

Cheers, I'm not back in town for a couple of months but I'll enquire next time I'm in.

We'll get it in specially for you mate! Trouble is it's so easy to drink and got a lovely hewad on it. 

Today is double special day.
Chicken curry with egg fried rice or chips. 195 Baht
From our Western menu. Bangers and mash with 3 fatboy sausages, mash and onions in a bisto gravy. 159 Baht

Chickcurry.jpg

BangersMash.jpg

Banner.jpg

BizMaps.jpg

Bangers and mash looks great!  Much better than the par boiled bangers from across the Soi!

post-82617-0-47708600-1423117821_thumb.jpg

Been eating here the last few days/nights and enjoyed every meal,good prices and good portions

Been eating here the last few days/nights and enjoyed every meal,good prices and good portions

Thanks.

We are offering a 'Chef's Special' in a day or so. That will have crispy duck pancake rolls on it and new Chinese meals.

We plan to expand the Western menu also. Try to give people what they want. Quality food at reasonable prices. 

Must also add that i come past12 midnight when the food had stopped and the kind lady still served me food.

Must also add that i come past12 midnight when the food had stopped and the kind lady still served me food.

We used to serve food up to 2am. But it's my Wife that's the owner and cook. She's been putting in 15 hour days since Nov 2013 so we cut back the hours slighty. In saying that She was cooking past 2am the other night. People like a late night Chinese around here.

12 am is a good time,I did guess that was your wife as she is allways there working.will be in some time later

Today's double special

Beef in black pepper sauce with egg fried rice or chips 195 Baht

Char Siu curry with egg fried rice or chips 195 Baht

Serving now.

attachicon.gifbeefpepperblack.jpg

attachicon.gifChar Sui curry.jpg

attachicon.gifBanner.jpg

attachicon.gifBizMaps.jpg

I was in R&W a couple nights back getting on for 1.30 am

Brought in a couple mates who had never been in R&W before

Who were well impressed

You now have 2 new regular expat customers

I was in R&W a couple nights back getting on for 1.30 am

Brought in a couple mates who had never been in R&W before

Who were well impressed

You now have 2 new regular expat customers

Thanks very much for you and their custom. We are very busy tonight, thanks to a lot of Addicts customers and guys like you spreading the word.

Ouy (the Chef) isn't always there after Midnight though. Some nights She goes to the other bar to try and keep some order. But, that's another story. :D

Great reports mate...see you soon

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Archived