Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Today's special at Wok N Rok is a 2 course meal.

Chinese spring rolls. Chicken curry with egg fried rice.
225 Baht

Serving from 2pm today.

spring rolls.jpg

Curryrice.jpg

Banner.jpg

We are located near the Chaba hut resort on Soi Baukhao.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From tomorrow the 6th of November Wok N Rok will be offering a 10 piece Western menu to our customers.

Westernmenu1-page-001(1).jpg

Westernmenu2(1)-page-001(1).jpg

Tonight at Wok N Rok we are hosting 'Daniel's' welcome back to Thailand party

Daniel's girlfriend is one of our assistant chefs and they haven't seen each other for a while so this should be a great night.

The action starts at 8pm. There will be a Karaoke, free Chinese food and vodka orange shots all night long.

Everybody is most welcome to come along and help make it another memorable party night at
Wok N Rok.

party.jpg

Today's special at Wok N Rok is not on our regular menu but an absolute favourite of mine.

Chicken with chips, tomato and Chinese mushrooms in a delicious Chinese brown gravy sauce.

This is a very popular dish in the UK and the Chef has recreated the sauce to perfection.
Please come over to Wok N Rok and try this.

190 Baht and also available to be taken away.

Chicken_Chips.jpg

Chickenchips2.jpg

Banner.jpg

We are located near the Chaba Hut Resort on Soi Baukhao.

Today's special at Wok N Rok is Char Sui curry.
Red roast pork in our delicious curry sauce.
Accompanied by boiled/Egg fried rice or chips if you prefer.
Serving from 2pm.

205 Baht

Char Sui curry.jpg

Banner.jpg

Dear Pattaya Addicts I'm pleased to announce we will be holding our 1st year Anniversary party at Wok N Rok on Wednesday the 26th November.

The party will kick off at 8pm. There will be a Free Chinese buffet and a delicious BBQ.

Karaoke out front and vodka orange shots all night long.
Please come along and help us celebrate our first year in Pattaya.

Party_logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today's special at Wok N Rok is Char Sui curry with egg fried rice or chips
195 Baht.
Serving now

Char Sui curry.jpg

Banner.jpg

We are located near the Chaba Hut Resort on Soi Baukhao. Open 7 days a week from 12 Midday

• Free pool table
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Full Western menu
  • Full Thai menu
  • Ladies
  • Sports on TV

Looking foward to sit in your establishment for eight weeks next week. Three times a week .  :ThumbUp6:

Looking foward to sit in your establishment for eight weeks next week. Three times a week .  :ThumbUp6:

Looking forward to seeing you. Cheers.

congratulations on surviving the first year, is normally the hardest in any business.

Thanks very much.

Nice menu prices but isn't this the Thai girls on bikes thread?

Today's specials at Wok N Rok is from our Western menu and our Chinese menu.
Come and try our 1/2 rack of Coca cola Ribs. Accompanied by home made potato wedges, corn on the cob and coleslaw. 249 Baht

From our Chinese selection Kung Pao chicken Hong Kong style with fried rice
195 Baht.
Serving now and available as a take away.

ColaRibs.jpg

Kung_Po_Chicken.jpg

Banner.jpg

Beside the Chaba Hut Resort on Soi Baukhao. Open 7 days a week from 12 midday to 02:00am

Just had my first meal upom my return to Pattaya. Food was good as usual but a great improvement in the staff, Several good looking girls, very attentive and professional service. Big improvement on the attitude I received last December and January.   Keep it up, I will probably eat there every couple of days for the next 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's special at Wok N Rok is breast of chicken curry
with egg fried rice or chips
195 Baht.
Serving now.

Located near the Chaba hut resort on Soi Baukhao

Chicken Curry Breast.jpg

Banner.jpg

• Chinese Menu
  • Western menu
  • Thai menu
  • Free pool
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Cold beer

I love teh nosh at woknrok but it infuriates me that the owners insist on spelling one dish as "Char Sui"....when the whole world knows it's "Char Siu" or "Siew"...apart from that no complaints.

I had this genetic dropkick tell me that both spellings are right but he is wrong. Only siu or siew.....sui is what farangs say...the same guys who say Jontiem instead of Jomtien.

Price discussions are killing my mood and my illusions.

I guess if that is the only thing you can fault wiith, it must be a great restaurant.

I have been back in town almost 2 weeks and have introduced Wok n Rok to several friends and all have enjoyed the food and the service.

I guess if that is the only thing you can fault wiith, it must be a great restaurant.

I have been back in town almost 2 weeks and have introduced Wok n Rok to several friends and all have enjoyed the food and the service.

Absolutely.

Price discussions are killing my mood and my illusions.

I love teh nosh at woknrok but it infuriates me that the owners insist on spelling one dish as "Char Sui"....when the whole world knows it's "Char Siu" or "Siew"...apart from that no complaints.

I had this genetic dropkick tell me that both spellings are right but he is wrong. Only siu or siew.....sui is what farangs say...the same guys who say Jontiem instead of Jomtien.

I'm gonna throw in a suggestion as to why.

I think when takeout chinese food became available in the uk, the pronunciation was possibly lost on some of us. It was spoken as 'char-sew-ee'. Hence the spelling.

Or maybe the chinese were spelling it different here, not sure, bit of a memory test! 

I must be in the mniority then because i never knew how to spell 'Sui. Never had reason to spell it to be honest. Half the menus in Pattaya have some kind of spelling error. ie seen one with 'crap meat (crab meat ) all adds to the humour of Pattaya.

i may be wrong  but is the owner a very good karaoke singer in the crew bar ..soi new plaza..

I might have been down there in a drunken state a few times. :Whistle:

I must be in the mniority then because i never knew how to spell 'Sui. Never had reason to spell it to be honest. Half the menus in Pattaya have some kind of spelling error. ie seen one with 'crap meat (crab meat ) all adds to the humour of Pattaya.

Yes, exactly.

You can see here that some UK Chinese restaurants spell it that way.

https://www.poche.co.uk/listprod.asp?categoryID=14

Where the Wok N Rok Chef worked in the UK they spelled it 'Sui' Why we went with that.

Clearly it is nice to use the correct spelling whatever it maybe.

personally I am of the opinion that as long as the food is good then its not a big deal for me, as long as the description of the dish is accurate.

JDM 

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived