IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Wok N Rok have set up delivery zones.

Here's the deal.

Orders over 500 Baht, you pay 20 Baht delivery charge. If you live in these zones.

hi , i have to give an honest  opinion on  this one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why not advertise this deal as  orders over 500 baht , free delivery !!

i bet you would have more business as a result !!

The 20 Baht for delivery is to cover the cost of the take-away containers. That's the simple answer.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you please post a map of your

location so i can find you in nov ???.

We are located on Soi Buakhao, very close to the Chabba Hut Resort. Will post a map later.

Great replies Richard to all positive and negative comments…see you soon mate  :Clap1:

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Great replies Richard to all positive and negative comments…see you soon mate  :Clap1:

Thank you Alan.

I always try to respond positively, no matter the content of the post I'm replying to.

For anybody that thinks Western, UK Standard Chinese food in Thailand should be cheap, they have no idea the costs involved to produce it.

Take a King Prawn curry for example. The Prawns alone cost 70 Baht for one meal. The curry sauce is in house made from scratch. There are 14 ingredients in it. Half of these ingredients are imported  into Thailand and heavily taxed.

Then you have the vegetables in the meal.

Add in the staff wages, the gas to cook the food and the take-away container costs and we sell these at 160 Baht. 

If you want quality Western Chinese food then come to Wok N Rok. If you just want to feel 'stuffed' I suggest a local food cart and 3 plates of noodle soup.

Before 10pm mind you!

Dear Addicts.

The Birthday party we had planned for tonight has obviously been disrupted.

Curry and snacks from 6pm - 10pm and Jennifer will have Her happy Birthday song around 9pm.

Everybody welcome to come on down for a beer and some food. Thanks.

Kitchen open until 9:30 for take-away orders.

Banner.jpg

Dear Addicts.

The Birthday party we had planned for tonight has obviously been disrupted.

Curry and snacks from 6pm - 10pm and Jennifer will have Her happy Birthday song around 9pm.

Everybody welcome to come on down for a beer and some food. Thanks.

Kitchen open until 9:30 for take-away orders.

attachicon.gifBanner.jpg

Sorry We live 40mins outside pattaya so the 10pm thing is a big problem for us.

I look forward to again eating at your IMO fantastic value for money eatery when the curfew is resented.

Best birthday wishes from me and my family.

See you soon.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

We are located on Soi Buakhao, very close to the Chabba Hut Resort. Will post a map later.

Thank you mate.See you soon.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Sorry We live 40mins outside pattaya so the 10pm thing is a big problem for us.

I look forward to again eating at your IMO fantastic value for money eatery when the curfew is resented.

Best birthday wishes from me and my family.

See you soon.

JDM

Thank you JDM and regards to you and Family.

Thank you mate.See you soon.

Cheers midge.

Today's special. Sweet and sour Chicken Hong Kong style (in batter) with rice/fried rice/chips and chicken noodle soup.
195 Baht

Today's beer promotions. Chang, Leo and Singha light. Any two beers for
80 Baht

Located beside the Chabba Hut Resort on Soi Baukhao.

Banner.jpg

Today's Wok N Rok special. In fact the special until May 31st.

Chicken sweetcorn soup. Chicken curry with fried/steamed rice.

Plus a Leo, Singha or Chang.

All for only 205 Baht.

We are located near the Chabba hut resort on Soi Baukhao.

Open 7 days a week.

Sweetcorn_soup.jpg

Curryrice.jpg

chang.jpg

Banner.jpg

Honestly .

I was not impress with the food .

I ordered spring rolls ( very weak in flavor , but very crispy )

Fried rice with duck ( very good )

Special curry ( a big let down IMO , weak weak in flavor )

Food took 20mins to make and I was the only one in the place . ( just me and a cashier and the 2 cute kids playing on the com )

I say the friend rice was very good . But everything else is a big let down.. Honest review . Make with it what u will sir .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Honestly .

Food took 20mins to make and I was the only one in the place . ( just me and a cashier and the 2 cute kids playing on the com )

I say the friend rice was very good . But everything else is a big let down.. Honest review . Make with it what u will sir .

Thanks for your review.

The curry sauce can be spiced up to your taste. You only have to ask. 

Cheers...

Honestly .

I for one will take it as you post it. IMO a balanced post as seen by you.

In the past I thought the fried rice too dry my thai partner liked it.

Yes I also have noticed the food taking longer than.  We are used to ( you order its on the table in a min or two).

The Op has explained this in the past The chief cooks to order( not warming up yesterdays leftovers ) ( My wording not his)  yes you have to chill for a few mins so no big deal IMO.

Clearly as you can see from my posts on this establishment I like it, It's not perfect but very good IMO and what I like the most is the OP listens to constructive criticism and learns/acts on it.

Many would be well advised to follow his example !!!!! in this difficult time we are now encountering.

JDM

It sure looks good on the Photos and good prices too. But i will give it a try NeXT week :Grin3:

I don´t mind to wait 20 min if it´s Cooked to order.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

The joint serves great Chinese food.

End of.

Thanks for your review.

The curry sauce can be spiced up to your taste. You only have to ask.

Cheers...

I understand spicing to order as in hot - mild . But I shouldn't have to order the curry "flavorful"..should I ?...

Thank you for the reply

Next time in Los I will give it a try again . I do like owners who listen to customers and you seem to be the type that does . Good luck .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

just back in pattaya yesterday afternoon after 2 months in UK, went here for dinner about 5 o'clock with wife, given menu immediately we sat down and ordered drink, ordered food when service returned with drinks and had 2 fresh cooked meals on the table within 5 minutes, food was good as it has always been and service quick and with a smile :GoldenSmile1: cannot fault this place, keep up the good service and see you again soon, thanks.

I for one will take it as you post it. IMO a balanced post as seen by you.

In the past I thought the fried rice too dry my thai partner liked it.

Yes I also have noticed the food taking longer than.  We are used to ( you order its on the table in a min or two).

The Op has explained this in the past The chief cooks to order( not warming up yesterdays leftovers ) ( My wording not his)  yes you have to chill for a few mins so no big deal IMO.

Clearly as you can see from my posts on this establishment I like it, It's not perfect but very good IMO and what I like the most is the OP listens to constructive criticism and learns/acts on it.

Many would be well advised to follow his example !!!!! in this difficult time we are now encountering.

JDM

Hi JDM,

Yes, it is a difficult time here. For everybody I may add.

We have lost 2 good service girls because they wanted to be with their Families during the curfew. A new girl's being trained at the moment, so cross fingers.

We try to keep the standard high. But this needs constant monitoring and checking. Meats and ingredients will never be the same, any two given days from any supplier.

Our sauces are made to Her recipess but have to constantly be adjusted, according to taste tests. Marinades have to be adapted daily as well. There is no repeatability in the standard of the meats, sauce ingredients or even some vegetables here.

She does Her very best though. What more can I ask.

We do listen to our customers and try our best so they will want to come back. 

just back in pattaya yesterday afternoon after 2 months in UK, went here for dinner about 5 o'clock with wife, given menu immediately we sat down and ordered drink, ordered food when service returned with drinks and had 2 fresh cooked meals on the table within 5 minutes, food was good as it has always been and service quick and with a smile :GoldenSmile1: cannot fault this place, keep up the good service and see you again soon, thanks.

Thanks mate. Nice to see you back.

The joint serves great Chinese food.

End of.

Thanks. Your comment is most appreciated.

Today's special at Wok N Rok

A 2 course plus a beer.

Spring rolls
Breast of chicken curry
Fried/boiled rice
Plus a Chang, Leo or Singha light.

205 Baht

We are located near the Chabba Hut Resort on Soi Baukhao

Open 7 days a week from 12pm - 02:30am

Banner.jpg

Have you thought about changing your specials?

You have the same special every day

I am sure you would get more customers

If you changed daily

the special is great i always have one whilst waiting for my takeaways to be cooked and you dont have to have the special you can order anything off the menu

any holes a goal

Have you thought about changing your specials?

You have the same special every day

I am sure you would get more customers

If you changed daily

Yes, that's possible. We try and alternate between curries, sweet and sours and chow Meins.

The curries are very popular though. Recently we have been offering a 2 course.

But sure, we could add any meal as a special.

I and my family visited your restaurant last week we enjoy your food it reminds us of the UK. If you could tell me how to cook the big onions in the curry( mine are always soft)  I would be very happy.

JDM

I and my family visited your restaurant last week we enjoy your food it reminds us of the UK. If you could tell me how to cook the big onions in the curry( mine are always soft)  I would be very happy.

JDM

I will ask Ouy, and send you a P.M.

Cheers...

You got it.

Today's special at Wok N Rok

2 Courses

Hot and sour soup
Crispy shredded chicken in Honey chilli sauce
With fried rice/steamed rice

220 Baht

Open from 12pm - 02:30am 7 days a week
Located near the Chaba Hut Resort.