IGNORED

Aids Poll

Eastboy

I just did my 3rd and final HIV test last week (6 months after intercourse). The first two (taken at 1 and 3 months after intercourse) came back negative.

Today I got a letter to go see the doc about a required follow up due to the results. It says I have to go see the doctor sometime over the next 2 weeks. Could it be because I was on antibiotics when the test was done?

I'm petrified of finding out the results :GrinNod1:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr.Winston

• unlucky1

• 17hrs2freedom

• another_addict

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your much safer when circumcised and use always use condoms as many of the whores in SE Asia are loaded with all sorts of the HIV strains and as noted they kill you faster.

Any whore that will let u fuck her bareback is a one that probably is either positive or a yaa baa junkie

I just did my 3rd and final HIV test last week (6 months after intercourse). The first two (taken at 1 and 3 months after intercourse) came back negative.

Today I got a letter to go see the doc about a required follow up due to the results. It says I have to go see the doctor sometime over the next 2 weeks. Could it be because I was on antibiotics when the test was done?

I'm petrified of finding out the results :Drunk_Party:

hi mate, highly unlikely you got hiv if the test after 3mths was still negative, less than about 5% chance according to the doctor at the gum clinic after 6weeks..

is odd they want u to come in for a chat though..usually just tell u your clean over the phone.good luck.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Roidfreak is right again ( his bulb burns very bright ) in cali if its is bad news they wont give it to you over the internet or phone, they wont let a nurse or physician's assistant give it to you, the doctor tells you. They do a re-test but not another blood draw. So if the doctor calls you in with a somber look you might be f-----

i had a mix up last year i was positvie for chlamydia ( no biggy ) they called me to take a second blood draw ( because the 2nd doctor did'nt know it had already been done ) . you know if its a blood deal and thay are telling you you have to sit down with a doctor you are f------. Anyways when the doctor came in he had a big grin on his face so i knew i was off the hook. Close call

Turns out I'm ok. 3rd test after 6 months came back negative, so the doc is confident I'm completely clear. He did find an infection in my urine sample though, which I'm just being treated for with antibiotics (this is why i got a letter to go back for a follow up). I gota admit though, I thought I was fucked. It wasn't a good feeling at all. I'm actually glad it gave me such a fright because I will never ever put myself at such a risk again. I really have learned my lesson. My protection failed me in Pattaya and I just won't take the risk again, regardless of how remote the odds are.

BTW this is how they worded the letter they posted out to me "The results of your recent investigations require further follow-up. Please make an appointment within the next two weeks. Please note that for privacy and medico-legal reasons Reception and Nursing staff are not in a position to discuss the results"

Edited by another_addict

i mentioned this many times but the girls can and do get faked tests , you can take her to the clinic you self or look in her purse for ARVs ...in the end its a numbers game

Turns out I'm ok. 3rd test after 6 months came back negative, so the doc is confident I'm completely clear. He did find an infection in my urine sample though, which I'm just being treated for with antibiotics (this is why i got a letter to go back for a follow up). I gota admit though, I thought I was fucked. It wasn't a good feeling at all. I'm actually glad it gave me such a fright because I will never ever put myself at such a risk again. I really have learned my lesson. My protection failed me in Pattaya and I just won't take the risk again, regardless of how remote the odds are.

BTW this is how they worded the letter they posted out to me "The results of your recent investigations require further follow-up. Please make an appointment within the next two weeks. Please note that for privacy and medico-legal reasons Reception and Nursing staff are not in a position to discuss the results"

When you say you will never put yourself at such a risk again do you mean no more sleeping with prostitutes or that you will always use protection? I had an HIV scare and decided to stop having sex with any P4P girls. However after 4 months of sticking to it I did slip up once. Fortunately the condom didn't break that time but even then I got really paranoid since the first experience traumatized me so bad.

I have a girlfriend now who is ok with me seeking outside action but the fear of me catching anything and even more so giving it to her just has taken all the fun out of P4P. The problem is condoms can break and it only takes seconds in an AIDS infected ass or pussy to get the virus and once you are part of team HIV there is no quitting. I still allow myself hand jobs and blow jobs though.

When you say you will never put yourself at such a risk again do you mean no more sleeping with prostitutes or that you will always use protection? I had an HIV scare and decided to stop having sex with any P4P girls. However after 4 months of sticking to it I did slip up once. Fortunately the condom didn't break that time but even then I got really paranoid since the first experience traumatized me so bad.

I have a girlfriend now who is ok with me seeking outside action but the fear of me catching anything and even more so giving it to her just has taken all the fun out of P4P. The problem is condoms can break and it only takes seconds in an AIDS infected ass or pussy to get the virus and once you are part of team HIV there is no quitting. I still allow myself hand jobs and blow jobs though.

I mean no more bar girls for me. It just really hit me when i got the letter in the mail this time. And yeh, protection isn't full proof, I think people often forget it's not that uncommon for it to break. I always used protection EVERY single time, but it failed me on a couple of occasions, and that's enough for HIV to transmit. For me personally, its just not worth the feeling I got when reading the letter.

I don't know how many girls in pattaya are HIV positive, I've heard all sorts of figures from different sources, I really don't know who to believe. Personally I'd rather play it safe and avoid it all together.

I'll be heading over in March to teach English. Hopefully I won't Cave at the first "hellllllo" "massage" :P

This time round I plan to find a decent lady for something more long term :Evil_Grin2:

Here's a picture i posted b4, take a close look at the sheet to the right of the gals right tit , someone pointed out the blood stain and asked if i used a condom.

you guys seem to know all the factors involved in getting tagged with HIV ... engaging in multi hour high friction sex with a high volume gal...is probably all it takes.. and its what most of us do when we get drunk. Its very easy to say while you are in England or California that you will use "proper judgment" when you return to thailand its just impossible to actually do...... when you are on a drinking bender

081___Copy.JPG

Here's a picture i posted b4, take a close look at the sheet to the right of the gals right tit , someone pointed out the blood stain and asked if i used a condom.

you guys seem to know all the factors involved in getting tagged with HIV ... engaging in multi hour high friction sex with a high volume gal...is probably all it takes.. and its what most of us do when we get drunk. Its very easy to say while you are in England or California that you will use "proper judgment" when you return to thailand its just impossible to actually do...... when you are on a drinking bender

dude...that's some nice disc-charge on the bed!

i know what you mean, bare-backing is like crystal meth!

yes a drinking bender is bad enough... but if you fall back into a central nervous system stimulant addiction...the high friction sex never stops. i met a brit in front of the mcDonalds accross from beach road.. i forget his name..but he a broken wrist and big cross tat on his back...and he pointed this out...the big factor in screwing yourself with these gals is the wild two day HIGH FRICTION sex that comes with a bender...and its a hard to avoid a bender in pataya

i remember reading your passage a couple months ago. that must have seriously sucked. my heart went out to ya. glad everything is ok.

its a tough one bro. im hyper safe with condoms, no going down on a chick, but still i participate. i met a guy who does the same thing, but he refuses to drink while going out. he might be on to something.

• 2 weeks later...

Australia Mining Boom Linked to HIV Spike

Australia’s mining boom may be fuelling an alarming rise in HIV infections among cash-rich outback miners and businessmen who holiday in Asia.

Rates of HIV infections in Australia have increased by almost 50% in the past eight years, according to a new national HIV/AIDS report by the National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research. Homosexual men still account for most new infections, but a large number of new infections are among heterosexual men in the country’s mining states of Western Australia and Queensland.

Many miners work fly-in, fly-out shifts consisting of several weeks straight of employment, followed by a few weeks off. Researchers say some are visiting Southeast Asian countries during their holidays and having unprotected sex.

Australia Mining Boom Linked to HIV Spike

Australia’s mining boom may be fuelling an alarming rise in HIV infections among cash-rich outback miners and businessmen who holiday in Asia.

Rates of HIV infections in Australia have increased by almost 50% in the past eight years, according to a new national HIV/AIDS report by the National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research. Homosexual men still account for most new infections, but a large number of new infections are among heterosexual men in the country’s mining states of Western Australia and Queensland.

Many miners work fly-in, fly-out shifts consisting of several weeks straight of employment, followed by a few weeks off. Researchers say some are visiting Southeast Asian countries during their holidays and having unprotected sex.

I live in Western Australia and have also heard about this. It's supposed to be turning in to real a problem. I know a few miners who work up north in Western Australia who frequently visit places such as Thailand on their time off. Some of those miners are earning huge amounts of money, but they seem to be wasting their lives from constantly banging Thai girls without protection. And the thing is, many of them come back to cities like Perth and sleep around with girls, or even their own wife and transmit the disease onwards from there... just goes to show how easily it cascades.

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Western Australia and have also heard about this. It's supposed to be turning in to real a problem. I know a few miners who work up north in Western Australia who frequently visit places such as Thailand on their time off. Some of those miners are earning huge amounts of money, but they seem to be wasting their lives from constantly banging Thai girls without protection. And the thing is, many of them come back to cities like Perth and sleep around with girls, or even their own wife and transmit the disease onwards from there... just goes to show how easily it cascades.

sad but it's true when their high risk behaviors place their wives and unborn kids to jeopardy.

• 4 weeks later...

A cool trick that people in the medical field never tells the public is that you can pre-take HAART cocktail before sex and be almost bullet proof from HIV. It was part of my research for undergrad research. It is not 100% however because I talked to a physician who got exposed to the virus during surgery and immediately took HAART but he still became HIV+. This technique helps reducing your chances by alot if the virus penetrates your skin but you would have to deal with the side effects of the drug for 1 day. Anyway, I don't know how any of you are capable of getting the drug since it is not over the counter.

A cool trick that people in the medical field never tells the public is that you can pre-take HAART cocktail before sex and be almost bullet proof from HIV. It was part of my research for undergrad research. It is not 100% however because I talked to a physician who got exposed to the virus during surgery and immediately took HAART but he still became HIV+. This technique helps reducing your chances by alot if the virus penetrates your skin but you would have to deal with the side effects of the drug for 1 day. Anyway, I don't know how any of you are capable of getting the drug since it is not over the counter.

are you sure that is true? i have never heard that before....you can buy them over the internet right? from india for a few bucks a day and just take them for the month or two that you are there... however if that was true i would have heard about it a while back....cant be true... this is like that manimal post that said vaginal fluids are just as dangerous as blood

Are these the same drugs as the PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis)? If so then it's not a very realistic option for your average BM. Aside from being crazy expensive they will make you feel like dog ass for the whole time your taking them. Plus, as you already mentioned they are not full proof. Better off playing it safe and using a condom.

• 3 weeks later...

Center for disease control (CDC) is actually conducting trials of pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention. Many believe that pre-exposure prophylaxis can be the effective new approaches to HIV prevention.

Specifically, in Thailand, CDC is conducting a trial to determine if once-daily oral tenofovir is safe and effective in reducing HIV transmission among injection drug users (IDUs). The trial is being conducted in collaboration with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and the Thailand Ministry of Public Health.

http://www.cdc.gov/Hiv/resources/qa/TrialDesign.htm#TD1

ive always wondered this too.

i remember when i signed up to PA addicts about a year ago (on another acct which I soon forgot). i remember this guy from sweden always talking about how he never wore a condom once and still goes to LOS and never uses them.

dont know why that guy doesnt post anymore, but i always wondered what happened to him.

The mere fact that he is not around is a statment in its self

so what is this cool trick cocktail that is almost bullet proof but not 100% effective? haart is an acronym for highly active anti retroviral therapy, so what anti retroviral drugs do you combine in this cocktail? isn't it dangerous to mix them willy nilly? do you take them for a day? a week? a month prior to sex? what is the cost? is it not commonly agreed that the vast majority of these types of drugs sold over the internet without prescription are fakes being sold by the russian mafia or other unscrupulous sources? and then you end the post with you're probably not able to obtain these drugs anyway. and..... if the basic premise of your tip was true why would the medical field want to hide that fact? can you imagine the potential profits for the pharmaceutical companies if they could get all of us to buy aids drugs instead of condoms? your halfbaked post is leaking credibility at a rapid pace!

Edited by deadwood

• 4 weeks later...
I have known 4 people in Pattaya, One Thai guy who used to work at the beach in Jomtien, teo Thai girls, one dead one living in the UK so gets free meds, lives well, and one felland who caught it off a Thai girl,

NOw when you consider , I have lived in amny places throughout the world UK, Hong Kong, USA, Japan, korea, and only know of one otrher person - 15 years ago in the uk that cuaght it, that is pretty strong evidence, of much higher the risk is in Pattaya.

You guys who ride bareback with these girls who are working are fucking every man that they have , Its not will you catch something , its just when! If your lucky it will just be an STD.

Scientifically speaking, actually that's extremely poor evidence (of the risk being higher in Pattaya). It's anecdotal, uses a meaninglessly small sample set, and there's no way for any other reader here to know for sure whether what you are saying is true (much less where or how those people contracted HIV, which even you do not know). Ergo it's meaningless to draw any conclusions from this.

This is exactly the type of ignorant, PSA, and judgmental message to which I was referring in my prior post. I posit that ignorance increases risk, and selling ignorance is indicative of bad decisions and an unhealthy attitude in general.

There are ways of being more or less safe, but anyone who has sex with people he/she doesn't know is taking a risk, period.

Thought this would be an interesting poll question ?

I've read a lot posts about guys catching various STD's but not one mentioning he caught HIV ( although if I caught HIV, the last thing I would do is post that information on a forum)

Interesting observation. You may also conclude that people using this forum are serious and informed mongers who dont take widespread risk and hence dont have it. Although i do read BB in many cases but i also read "BB - No way, crazy...etc".

Some people outside this world do talk about it openly: I know a gay person that has it and works in a volunteer group for HIV+ support. So he helps take care of others and marches in protests..etc. He is very much out there communicating it to the world. He believes it is his duty to promote support and respect for people who have it and does this along side "be safe" messages.

Despite all that - I do like your observation, maybe soem have it and dont talk about it because they are aware of the discrimination that can occur amd therefore see no personal value in communicating this widespread.

At the end of the day, yes you can still catch HIV via oral, but if she had a disease in her throat it is also possible to catch something via her mouth. Remember the mouth has huge amounts of bacteria and is one of the dirtiest places on the human body. I am unsure of how easy it is to contract anything via the mouth but would presume if she has an infection it would be just as easy as down below.

But WTF 99% of girls will do it without condom which quiet possibly makes it worse :(

If she is coughing up lumps of yellow puss STAY CLEAR :(

I always stay clear of girls coughing up red spotted puss and greenish puss too