Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aids Poll

Eastboy

thanks Dr. Winston , that's a good advice, condom is like 99.9 effective? so 1/1000 of chance that u can get it that's kind of high I think. still worried maybe I will just get a HJ, BJ when I go there heh.

kiniyaw didn't they invent better drugs that can let you live longer? and less side effects. there are improvements just no total cure yet

Yes they do have better anti-viral drugs now but believe me that is no reason to get casual about it. My mates that got infected have to run their lives around their medication regime, even down to the times that they can eat.

Sometimes certain drugs loose their effectiveness and have to be replaced with others, unpleasant side effects are common with these powerful treatments that are in many ways toxic to your body.

Hospital visits are necessary at least every few months for blood work. I could go on and on. Don't think that treatment is just like taking an Asparin. I have actually smuggled HIV drugs into Thailand for one of my mates because there is no way he could get them there.

If you are a UK citizen then your treatment would probably be covered automatically. In the US then you would prbably need medicaid or bottomless pockets. If you are Thai then it is doubtful that you would receive the latest treatments at all.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr.Winston

• unlucky1

• 17hrs2freedom

• milligan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks Dr. Winston , that's a good advice, condom is like 99.9 effective? so 1/1000 of chance that u can get it that's kind of high I think. still worried maybe I will just get a HJ, BJ when I go there heh.

kiniyaw didn't they invent better drugs that can let you live longer? and less side effects. there are improvements just no total cure yet

Read my post again..Hard to find this info..People are Contracting HIV whose parents are clean and no transfusions or sex of any kind..KIDS..Young Children...They have YET even though Billions have been spent to really find the cause of HIV/Aids..They can't even isolate it..They THINK sex is why but there are Cases where there was NO Sex--No sick parents--No blood transfers...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Read my post again..Hard to find this info..People are Contracting HIV whose parents are clean and no transfusions or sex of any kind..KIDS..Young Children...They have YET even though Billions have been spent to really find the cause of HIV/Aids..They can't even isolate it..They THINK sex is why but there are Cases where there was NO Sex--No sick parents--No blood transfers...

Yeah there's millions of them, when I was at school in the UK most of the kids in my primary school had AIDS - it was a complete mystery!??!!

Don't be so bloody stupid - heterosexuals are getting HIV by having sex with HIV infected people - it seems to be transmitted easier in Thailand though there are some studies that aren't sure.

The ways to get HIV are well documented and the conspiracy theorists (why so many Yanks) don't help anyone with these kind of comments

very very strange topic!!!!!

Guaranteed cheapest custom made t-shirts,polo shirts,hats, etc... For bars, restaurant's, hotels. We also specialize in exporting worldwide.

Currently in the process of changing locations but definitely still taking orders....Email, Call, or Visit us online at http://www.tshirtxpress.net

Yeah there's millions of them, when I was at school in the UK most of the kids in my primary school had AIDS - it was a complete mystery!??!!

Don't be so bloody stupid - heterosexuals are getting HIV by having sex with HIV infected people - it seems to be transmitted easier in Thailand though there are some studies that aren't sure.

The ways to get HIV are well documented and the conspiracy theorists (why so many Yanks) don't help anyone with these kind of comments

You Don't Beleive there are NOT Some cases that have totally baffled all Doctors?..If Mosquitoes can't transmit it? What? Cause a mass panic with DDT..Are you so Naive to Beleive all the Govt tells the Public? Why one man and his Family Can't Contract Hiv even if is injected right into his blood stream...All the GOVT Documentation is WHAT the Govt WANTS you to see...In 25 Years and Billions of Dollars spent we have made NO Progress..When 5000 a day Die and 6000 a day Contract it then your LOSING the battle--After 25 yrs...You ONLY see whats DOCUMENTED...What the Govt Wants you to see...Yea--Just another Stupid Yank....Is it ONLY sex and dirty needles that spread this disease?

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

noi she used to work at kittens never used a condom the guy who married her took her back to the uk she has given it to him and most of his mates must be sweating now she left this guy for a bum who took his Thai wife to the uk he abused her then he bought her sister over abused her both girls came back to Thailand then he got noi to go and live with him guess what now he wishes he hadn't he has got the kiss of death just waiting to take this looser quicker the better and i told him so a born loser good riddance his name is loz hill from cannock in uk

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't believe that story either. He must have barebacked before, or he was doing her up the poop chute or something like that.

Or maybe taking it up the poop chute himself, and not in the mood to admit it ????

Statistically I would say that it is highly unlikely that you would have contracted HIV in these circumstances. I think the Dr.s advice about waiting a month is pretty good. Most infections will show up by then. I have read of some taking a year to show up although this is rare. Maybe a test after 1 month to put your mind at rest and then another after 3 months just to be sure.

Thanks for the reply. I just got my results back from the 1 month test. Got all negative for all stds tested, so thats really good news for me. Although I'm not out of the woods yet as i still have another test to take at 3 and 6 months. However the 1 month test results are encouraging for me and I feel a lot less stressed now. :D

Edited by another_addict

I really want to put this on a t-shirt

"just have the hand job on the face then you are fine"

+1

when using 2 condoms always put a little chili pepper sauce in between, that way if one of them breaks one of you will get a warning. :D

That's hilarious!

Waiting for 3 months to elapse for a relatively certain test.

Thanks for the reply. I just got my results back from the 1 month test. Got all negative for all stds tested, so thats really good news for me. Although I'm not out of the woods yet as i still have another test to take at 3 and 6 months. However the 1 month test results are encouraging for me and I feel a lot less stressed now. :GoldenSmile1:

good to hear that mate ;)

now I am waiting for my results back

DON'T EVER NOT FINISH A BOTTLE OF BOURBON AND DON'T EVER TURN DOWN A FREE GO GO GIRL

• 2 weeks later...

I've had tests but subtype E takes ages to show up. Average 115 days which is over 4 months. Got a negative on 8 weeks so have to wait another 2 months

I've had exaggerated reactions to insect bites, loss of appetite, night sweats, pins and needles, pains in my hands and feet, dry throat, constant rumbling stomach, weak bladder, pains in groin lymph nodes, swollen lymph nodes, muscle twitches, metallic tongue and more - fed up of people telling me it's anxiety as I've had tests before and never had these symptoms

From what I've read most people who get it in Thailand do get symptoms - it's the most virulent strain in the world - average time to death is 7 years if untreated

I had 5 brief exposures (with 2 girls) plus I went down on 2 girls - I got told in the UK that you can't get it going down on a girl

I've always relied on girls to some extent regarding condoms - told one of my mates that on my trip and he said 'you're in the wrong country'

I've had tests but subtype E takes ages to show up. Average 115 days which is over 4 months. Got a negative on 8 weeks so have to wait another 2 months

I've had exaggerated reactions to insect bites, loss of appetite, night sweats, pins and needles, pains in my hands and feet, dry throat, constant rumbling stomach, weak bladder, pains in groin lymph nodes, swollen lymph nodes, muscle twitches, metallic tongue and more - fed up of people telling me it's anxiety as I've had tests before and never had these symptoms

From what I've read most people who get it in Thailand do get symptoms - it's the most virulent strain in the world - average time to death is 7 years if untreated

I had 5 brief exposures (with 2 girls) plus I went down on 2 girls - I got told in the UK that you can't get it going down on a girl

I've always relied on girls to some extent regarding condoms - told one of my mates that on my trip and he said 'you're in the wrong country'

I didn't know about the longer period for the anti-bodies to show up with sub-type E (the type most common in Thailand), that's scary.

The thing with HIV infection is that the "symptons" could really belong to any infection; a real hypochondriacs nightmare! try not to worry too much mate. So far so good.

man all those readings got me worried to go, I also read that thai girls loves to go bareback and some mamasan knew some girls that's HIV positive but still let them work. wow that's just wrong!! chance of catching HIV and STD in Thailand probably much greater than at your home country I bet??? all those reading got me worried maybe I am not going any more heh

I read that you can live longer with the med now even if you get AIDS, but like how much u gotta spend on the drugs, is it painful, side effects and stuff can you live normal life? anyone know? just wondering

any tips on finding some clean girls? but you still never know :(

If you think you may get drunk and there's a possibility you would rely on the girl don't go. The girls I had looked 'clean' one of them tested clean when I took her to the hospital but it takes months to show up and when 1st infected that's when they're most infectious. She worked in Soi 6 and when I told her that she should always insist on condoms she said one of her 'friends' liked it up the bum without condoms I knew she was referring to herself

She was fit and may well have been shagged by one of these nice fuckers who have got HIV and are still shagging without a condom

These guys are just scum. If I've got it I'll be wanking for the rest of my life and there's people like that basically murdering girls and guys alike with their actions

I didn't know about the longer period for the anti-bodies to show up with sub-type E (the type most common in Thailand), that's scary.

The thing with HIV infection is that the "symptons" could really belong to any infection; a real hypochondriacs nightmare! try not to worry too much mate. So far so good.

Yeah, I've become an expert in HIV - Like most guys from the UK you do kinda end up thinking it's a gay / African thing - even more so when you go for a test here and they tell you how slim the chances are of getting it from a girl

This is from the HIV Athens Report in 2005 so fairly recent

"This window period may differ. by subtype (with mid-point estimates ranging from 115 days for subtype E in Thailand. to 181 days for subtype C in Zimbabwe)"

Hum, quite the detail here. I will remember to get checked more than once. It seems it may take a long time for to to show up.

Edited by Luvtomuff

Looking forward to spending time with friends again and missing Thailand

wow that is a lot of info I have never come across, I have spoke to different people in this area of health care and even consulted a Dr who is a professional in HIV/AIDS because I had had unprotected sex in Brazil a few months back. Could you provide a reference, reading material or link, I would really like to read up more on this. Cheers

wow that is a lot of info I have never come across, I have spoke to different people in this area of health care and even consulted a Dr who is a professional in HIV/AIDS because I had had unprotected sex in Brazil a few months back. Could you provide a reference, reading material or link, I would really like to read up more on this. Cheers

Here's a link to the report that talks about window periods, it's very dry and medical and the only relevant bit is really the sentence I quoted (page 4) - unless you fancy getting circumcised as apparently that would lower your risk of contrcting it

www.epidem.org/Publications/Athens2005report.pdf

Most of the tests for HIV in the West will pick up HIV subtype E antibodies but I've been told that the more rapid methods are less likely to pick up subtype E e.g. viral load tests

In Thailand all the tests are modified with 'primers' for subtype E

cheers thanks for the link, i am already cut tho

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry I not read all the messages but I just wanted to say that I have heard of a rapid HIV test in 15 minutes with saliva or plasma or a drop of blood ; test that is rapid and I think it could be interesting for people who do not use condoms in 15 minutes while preparing the lady he has time to know the results and according to what they do

I'm sorry I not read all the messages but I just wanted to say that I have heard of a rapid HIV test in 15 minutes with saliva or plasma or a drop of blood ; test that is rapid and I think it could be interesting for people who do not use condoms in 15 minutes while preparing the lady he has time to know the results and according to what they do

Very good point. I find it interesting that in a recent thread another BM mentioned that he could get hold of these tests. If you look at it logically you might have thought that he would be bombarded with questions about this tests availability. As far as I remember nobody even responded to his post.

There are a couple of different reasons I can think of that might explain this, firstly I think that there is a side of people that just doesn't want to know. It's not what people really want to be thinking about before they nail some real beauty on their holiday. In my experience they tend to put the concern on hold until they get home. Then of course they will worry themselves silly.

Another explanation is that they might not want to "play god". Imagine if you used one of these tests on a girl (or yourself to that matter) and the result was positive. How do you break that news, believe me, it's not easy, I've actually been in a comparable situation where I had to tell a 19 year old Thai girl that her boyfriend had been tested HIV positive (She tested positive herself later that day).

I'm not trying to point out what is right or wrong, just put forward reasons why your good point might not be met with as much interest as might be expected.

I am ok with you and "play god" is not a good think. But if a person dont want to use a condom so i prefer he use a rapid test so after he knows that risk or not; but sure is what he should say to another person is another debate which I am not venture

I am ok with you and "play god" is not a good think. But if a person dont want to use a condom so i prefer he use a rapid test so after he knows that risk or not; but sure is what he should say to another person is another debate which I am not venture

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great idea that makes sense in so many ways. The only flaw is human nature IMO.

i have never intentionally gone bb , however had one condom break last trip, next morning went straight to a falang octor in pattaya for advice. he put me straight onto combid 300 a PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) drug used for needle stick exposure or health care workers exposed to hiv, this was purely as a precaution however to me it made sense. 30days of tablets made me feel like shit, but it could have saved my life. never will know if i was exposed BUT if i was and this suppressed the virus enough for my body to eliminate it then it was the best doctors visit i ever made. I know all the wanna be experts here will say it was overkill, but my advice was from a real practicing doctor working in Pattaya so i listened to him