IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

The penalty was unjust, especially after the same sort of incident in the first game that went unpunished. Can't help but laugh though, Arsenals season has gone to shit in the last few weeks. United are going to punish them on Sunday I'm afraid.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the best team won imo :D

Todder - I know you're on a windup mission here :D but we're trying to have a genuine debate (see my post from a day or 2 ago - the long one!)

I agree that Liverpool's hunger and energy were greater than ours on the night (after all, they were only watching the ball for at least the 1st 25 mins of the Anfield tie anyway!! :P ) But we ran out of steam and road on the night.

I also have also to question the variable standards of referreeing in the CL and the Prem. Apologies for sounding like the Great Wenger here, but how can 2 virtually identical incidents result in 2 totally different penalty decisions? It beggars belief. The pens swung the tie away from us in both legs. Maybe the ref lost his 'bottle' when confronted with the Anfield Roar!!

My earlier post would still stand whether we got through to the semis or not. There are some players (Eboue, Senderos, Gilberto) who are clearly not up to the mark for various reasons. I'll leave out the 2nd string youngsters such as Hoyte and Traore who will come good in a year or two. They should go on loan to get experience. Wenger should definitely bring in new blood - not wholesale panic changes as the performances up to 2 months ago were all top notch, as were the CL wins. Depsite the quality of our football we have run out of steam early and the squad is thin - it has been for a while even when all of our injured players (Rosicky, Denilson, Eduardo, Sagna, Djourou, RVP) have been fully fit. That's been the KEY difference between Chelscum, ManUre and us - and of course the fact that those 2 teams ALONE spent the thick end of £250m just on players in the last 2-3 years. We at Arsenal decided to pay for our new stadium (cost = approx. £300m) instead to increase our gate revenues and develop our youth development side. That was, and still will prove to be, the best decision in the longer term. But now the team needs some tweaking ......... see my previous posts for my other suggestions.

Todder - I know you're on a windup mission here :Whistle: but we're trying to have a genuine debate (see my post from a day or 2 ago - the long one!)

I agree that Liverpool's hunger and energy were greater than ours on the night (after all, they were only watching the ball for at least the 1st 25 mins of the Anfield tie anyway!! :Whistle: ) But we ran out of steam and road on the night.

I also have also to question the variable standards of referreeing in the CL and the Prem. Apologies for sounding like the Great Wenger here, but how can 2 virtually identical incidents result in 2 totally different penalty decisions? It beggars belief. The pens swung the tie away from us in both legs. Maybe the ref lost his 'bottle' when confronted with the Anfield Roar!!

My earlier post would still stand whether we got through to the semis or not. There are some players (Eboue, Senderos, Gilberto) who are clearly not up to the mark for various reasons. I'll leave out the 2nd string youngsters such as Hoyte and Traore who will come good in a year or two. They should go on loan to get experience. Wenger should definitely bring in new blood - not wholesale panic changes as the performances up to 2 months ago were all top notch, as were the CL wins. Depsite the quality of our football we have run out of steam early and the squad is thin - it has been for a while even when all of our injured players (Rosicky, Denilson, Eduardo, Sagna, Djourou, RVP) have been fully fit. That's been the KEY difference between Chelscum, ManUre and us - and of course the fact that those 2 teams ALONE spent the thick end of £250m just on players in the last 2-3 years. We at Arsenal decided to pay for our new stadium (cost = approx. £300m) instead to increase our gate revenues and develop our youth development side. That was, and still will prove to be, the best decision in the longer term. But now the team needs some tweaking ......... see my previous posts for my other suggestions.

Stop whining. You're not as good as United. That's why you came 3rd. Are stadium is better than yours ever will be. :Clap8:

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Todder - I know you're on a windup mission here :P but we're trying to have a genuine debate (see my post from a day or 2 ago - the long one!)

I agree that Liverpool's hunger and energy were greater than ours on the night (after all, they were only watching the ball for at least the 1st 25 mins of the Anfield tie anyway!! :D ) But we ran out of steam and road on the night.

sorry mate, i cant help myself, as a part time spurs fan, i ain't had much to shout about of the years, so when i can have a dig at the ARSE, i take it 55555555555555555

sorry mate, i cant help myself, as a part time spurs fan, i ain't had much to shout about of the years, so when i can have a dig at the ARSE, i take it 55555555555555555

LOL! Make the most of it mate - it'll probably be another 9 years before you win anything else!

:Good_One::Bravo1::LMAO1:

Edited by Jaco2

Stop whining. You're not as good as United. That's why you came 3rd. Are stadium is better than yours ever will be. :Good_One:

I assume thats tongue in cheek?? Yes United are undoubtedly better and by a country mile to boot but to suggest OT is better than Emirates is so ridiculous its almost sublime. It holds more people but its a shit hole by comparison. It alos has the atmoshere of a morgue when compared to places like Anfield, St James, Stamford Bridge,Upton Park, Stadium of Light hell even Elland Road. The tag Theatre of Silence is well earned.

I dont mention Emirates in that list as the size and shape dont make for great atmos' either (Highbury was different), but Emirates is a FAR better stadium than OT.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

And who do you support?

Perhaps the fact I said you're not as good as UNITED and your ground isn't as good as are's in my last post could be the give away.

I assume thats tongue in cheek?? Yes United are undoubtedly better and by a country mile to boot but to suggest OT is better than Emirates is so ridiculous its almost sublime. It holds more people but its a shit hole by comparison. It alos has the atmoshere of a morgue when compared to places like Anfield, St James, Stamford Bridge,Upton Park, Stadium of Light hell even Elland Road. The tag Theatre of Silence is well earned.

I dont mention Emirates in that list as the size and shape dont make for great atmos' either (Highbury was different), but Emirates is a FAR better stadium than OT.

Tongue in cheek yes, but I still feel OT is a better ground. Just because the Emirates is new means fuck all. It's a wonderful ground don't get me wrong (state of the art) but OT holds 76000 ffs and they are extending it further in the future. The atmosphere at OT is shit most games, granted. They only really raise it for European games and when the dippers, Arsenal, Leeds, Chelski and City visit. I feel a lot of this is due to the size of the crowd, pockets of singing develop but don't join up effectively. A song starts on one side of the ground but a different one starts at the opposite end, so they cancel each other out. You can't deny United have some of the best away fans in the country. I think OT has SLIGHTLY more history than the Emirates too.

SandwichPrawn_fs.jpg

And you're telling me SB isn't corporate orientated? Have a look at yourself. It wasn't all that long ago you couldn't even fill your ground, everyone jumped on the bandwagon as soon as you had a bit of money and won the title. United have had the highest average home attendance for over 30 years. So there.

"Up to me" since 2005

Perhaps the fact I said you're not as good as UNITED and your ground isn't as good as are's in my last post could be the give away.

Tongue in cheek yes, but I still feel OT is a better ground. Just because the Emirates is new means fuck all. It's a wonderful ground don't get me wrong (state of the art) but OT holds 76000 ffs and they are extending it further in the future. The atmosphere at OT is shit most games, granted. They only really raise it for European games and when the dippers, Arsenal, Leeds, Chelski and City visit. I feel a lot of this is due to the size of the crowd, pockets of singing develop but don't join up effectively. A song starts on one side of the ground but a different one starts at the opposite end, so they cancel each other out. You can't deny United have some of the best away fans in the country. I think OT has SLIGHTLY more history than the Emirates too.

And you're telling me SB isn't corporate orientated? Have a look at yourself. It wasn't all that long ago you couldn't even fill your ground, everyone jumped on the bandwagon as soon as you had a bit of money and won the title. United have had the highest average home attendance for over 30 years. So there.

Yet ANOTHER crowing ManUre fan. I've had Spud and Chelski fans make the same statement which is why I asked the question

to make sure of your allegience.

OT is a grand old stadium but sooner or later they'll have to trade it in for a new one. As far history, that is something that is made over the years and I'm willing to bet that we will make our fair share at the Emirates in the coming seasons, just as we did at Highbury - but not this year.

Re: the title race, fair play to ManUre, we peaked early and you've come good at the right time, much as it pains me to say it. I'm hoping that we'll put in a good performance (win, lose or draw) at OT on Sunday to restore some pride. And to answer your post about whining - I wasn't doing that. My initial post was a critique on trying to understand why Arsenal has underachieved in a season that should have seen us at least Champions of England, if not Champions of Europe, instead of facing another potless season.

But gloat away. That is the reason why ManUre are hated up and down the land, despite the good football you play & the players you have. You lot always say other fans are jealous. Keep on thinking that - but I'm here to tell you we're not jealous. We all just hate the constant arrogance from a club and its fans where most of them have never seen Manchester, yet alone OT ...................... Man City are Manchester's No1 club.......... no wonder OT is called the Theatre of Silence. Maybe it should be the Theatre of Silence and Prawn sandwiches............

Yet ANOTHER crowing ManUre fan. I've had Spud and Chelski fans make the same statement which is why I asked the question

to make sure of your allegience.

OT is a grand old stadium but sooner or later they'll have to trade it in for a new one. As far history, that is something that is made over the years and I'm willing to bet that we will make our fair share at the Emirates in the coming seasons, just as we did at Highbury - but not this year.

Re: the title race, fair play to ManUre, we peaked early and you've come good at the right time, much as it pains me to say it. I'm hoping that we'll put in a good performance (win, lose or draw) at OT on Sunday to restore some pride. And to answer your post about whining - I wasn't doing that. My initial post was a critique on trying to understand why Arsenal has underachieved in a season that should have seen us at least Champions of England, if not Champions of Europe, instead of facing another potless season.

But gloat away. That is the reason why ManUre are hated up and down the land, despite the good football you play & the players you have. You lot always say other fans are jealous. Keep on thinking that - but I'm here to tell you we're not jealous. We all just hate the constant arrogance from a club and its fans where most of them have never seen Manchester, yet alone OT ...................... Man City are Manchester's No1 club.......... no wonder OT is called the Theatre of Silence. Maybe it should be the Theatre of Silence and Prawn sandwiches............

I'm not gloating. What I said to you was in jest, don't take it to heart. I thought at one point perhaps the title was slipping away from us but you started to drop too many points. It's far from over, if Chelski were to beat us it would become very interesting. I fail to understand why you think OT will sooner or later need to be traded in for new? Most of it is new with all the developments that have been going on in the last ten years, the plan is to extend it and make it bigger.

And as for your statement about City being the number one team in Manchester it's so derisory I burst out laughing. Our ground is called Old Trafford, not a hint of any sponsor needed to fund the ground there. OT may have a shit atmosphere at times but I can live with that.

United are hated because it's natural for people to be jealous of success. I thrive on the fact we're hated, it makes it all the more worth while when we win things.

I also hope you're not referring to me when you mention people who have never been to OT. Going to the football was my biggest interest before I discovered LOS.

"Up to me" since 2005

i have read the last few pages with great interest,and you criticize each others grounds for being quiet, which i have heard on the national media this year.

get ya self down the lane, where in past years the same shit has been thown at the spurs fans, but this season they have been brill.

roll on next season, champions league awaits. :D

I fail to understand why you think OT will sooner or later need to be traded in for new? .............

And as for your statement about City being the number one team in Manchester it's so derisory I burst out laughing. Our ground is called Old Trafford, not a hint of any sponsor needed to fund the ground there. .............................

United are hated because it's natural for people to be jealous of success. I thrive on the fact we're hated, it makes it all the more worth while when we win things.

I also hope you're not referring to me when you mention people who have never been to OT. ............

Not taking it to heart mate, just having a debate!!

Most of the big clubs have considered moving or development of their grounds, including ManUre. I read somewhere you lot were planning a super stadium of 100k seats from the current 75k. OT might not be the site, hence my statement. Sponsorship is a fact of business life for many clubs. Arsenal were 1 of the 1st, if not the 1st British club to have shirt sponsorship. I remember similar comments to yours coming out of OT at the time about not sponsoring shirts!! We are 1 of the innovators of ground sponsorship as many sports clubs do in the USA. It is inevitable that others will also consider the option including ManUre. Had we stayed at Highbury and that site had the space to take its capacity that now at the Emirates (60k seats) we wouldnt have needed the Emirates airlines sponsorship money.

I say again, the reason why you've hated is that everyone in Manchester knows that Man City are the favoured club in Manchester. But take pride in being a genuine Mancunian (as I do from being born & bred in the right 1/2 of North London!) - many of your fellow ManUre fan (one of them is a cousin of mine!!) couldnt find Manchester on a bloody map to save their lives! Roy Keane was right about the prawn sandwich brigade!!

i have read the last few pages with great interest,and you criticize each others grounds for being quiet, which i have heard on the national media this year.

get ya self down the lane, where in past years the same shit has been thown at the spurs fans, but this season they have been brill.

roll on next season, champions league awaits. :unsure:

WHL is another grand old stadium which always has a good atmosphere and real die-hard fans. But shame about the team!! Champions League next year? You're dreaming with that team, unless ENIC let Ramos spend shed loads of cash in the summer.

Edited by Jaco2

So whats everyone prediction for Sunday's game ?

M. United V Arsenal = 2-0

Edited by Mavrick

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

If we play well, a score draw: 1-1 or 2-2. If we don't turn up, I figure another big loss

say 3-1 to ManUre. Cant see us winning but stranger things have happened........

Chelsea are wanna be corporate whores & clearly Kenyon's role is to make them more like manu.. the sooner that stops the better but, no point to deny it!

That said, our Club Captain has NEVER critized his own fans...

An extract from 10 classic Roy Keane rants..

THE PRAWN SANDWICH:

Keane hits out at sections of United's support in the wake of what he felt was a dire atmosphere in the club's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev in 2000. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?" he splutters. "We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it."

:Bravo1:

Chelsea are wanna be corporate whores & clearly Kenyon's role is to make them more like manu.. the sooner that stops the better but, no point to deny it!

THE PRAWN SANDWICH:

Keane hits out at sections of United's support in the wake of what he felt was a dire atmosphere in the club's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev in 2000. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?" he splutters. "We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it."

Most of the big clubs have considered moving or development of their grounds, including ManUre. I read somewhere you lot were planning a super stadium of 100k seats from the current 75k. OT might not be the site, hence my statement. Sponsorship is a fact of business life for many clubs. Arsenal were 1 of the 1st, if not the 1st British club to have shirt sponsorship. I remember similar comments to yours coming out of OT at the time about not sponsoring shirts!! We are 1 of the innovators of ground sponsorship as many sports clubs do in the USA. It is inevitable that others will also consider the option including ManUre. Had we stayed at Highbury and that site had the space to take its capacity that now at the Emirates (60k seats) we wouldnt have needed the Emirates airlines sponsorship money.

I say again, the reason why you've hated is that everyone in Manchester knows that Man City are the favoured club in Manchester. But take pride in being a genuine Mancunian (as I do from being born & bred in the right 1/2 of North London!) - many of your fellow ManUre fan (one of them is a cousin of mine!!) couldnt find Manchester on a bloody map to save their lives! Roy Keane was right about the prawn sandwich brigade!!

Some valid points. However, such is the heritage at OT no one wants to move. The idea of developing the Stretford end over the railway track and making the ground 90000+ has been there for years, the council are the ones that put a stop to it as they are worried about crowd numbers and adequate public transport etc. The reason why we are hated is because City are the favoured team in Manchester? How does that work? The reason we are hated is because we have so much success, pure and simple. Liverpool had the same thing in their day. The theory that City are the best supported team in Manchester is a myth, sanctified by people who just go along with what everyone else says, based on nothing. You only had to see how many people were out in the streets of Manchester when we did the treble.

For the record, I'm from Southampton and have never lived in Manchester. Call me what you like but United are in my blood and always will be, I will never change my allegiance. I was lucky enough to be taken there from a young age by my Dad who was a United fan and I never grew out of it. Besides, Saints are shit.

"Up to me" since 2005

THE PRAWN SANDWICH:

How is going down the corporate route a bad thing? It's a fact of life these days. It generates money for clubs. Chelski are not wannabe corporate whores, they ARE corporate whores. In your case you don't particularly need it, but you wonder how long the Russian guy will keep injecting money into a club that won't deliver what he covets the most. Interesting how you never questioned the other comments in my post.

Roy Keane is an absolute legend at OT and probably the one that will take over from Sir Alex when he decides to call it a day. His comments came from the heart because he felt so passionately about the club. If you looked into it you'll probably find just as many prawn sandwiches get served up at SB on match days. Meanwhile, while you go on about things that happened 8 years ago, we'll march onto our 17th League title.

"Up to me" since 2005

I go along with that.

"Up to me" since 2005

WHL is another grand old stadium which always has a good atmosphere and real die-hard fans. But shame about the team!! Champions League next year? You're dreaming with that team, unless ENIC let Ramos spend shed loads of cash in the summer.

spurs are not that far off being a very good team, and have already spent a lot of cash, and there is more cash to come, ramos is a winner, he will sort the spurs out for next season, more trophies on their way, I'm afraid the ARSE will win nothing again.

spurs are not that far off being a very good team, and have already spent a lot of cash, and there is more cash to come, ramos is a winner, he will sort the spurs out for next season, more trophies on their way, I'm afraid the ARSE will win nothing again.

They won't win anything but they are a million miles in front of Spurs.

"Up to me" since 2005

They won't win anything but they are a million miles in front of Spurs.

yes i to have noticed that :Beer: spurs 5 the arse 1 :GrinNod1:

yes i to have noticed that :10of10Score: spurs 5 the arse 1 :Good_Job:

Are you Spurs or Port Vale? Make your mind up. :Clap:

"Up to me" since 2005

Are you Spurs or Port Vale? Make your mind up. :P

i am port vale, relegated today, my local team :Whistle: but i have always gone to watch the spurs when i can :Dunno: