Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Burgers in town

I went to steak & co a couple of months ago and it was decidedly average.

I was there for an hour and I was the only customer there.

The burger was average and the lobster bisque was very bland

Same, I had the burger there last month, it was just ok nothing special. Won't be getting a burger from there again, too many other better options. 

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PonR is starting a burger menu in a few weeks.  Will have 10 to choose from.  Why 10?  Don't know, normally when they start adding pineapple and other shit, it just becomes a shit burger.  But, wait and see what they come up with.

PonR is starting a burger menu in a few weeks.  Will have 10 to choose from.  Why 10?  Don't know, normally when they start adding pineapple and other shit, it just becomes a shit burger.  But, wait and see what they come up with.

This is promising news in the burger war.

The boss was talking about a chilli burger & a mushroom swiss cheese burger. Those sound good.

Whats PonR?

pastrami on rye an american run joint on the way from south pattaya to jomtien down the hill just past the lights comes up on the left

I just had the Mushroom Swiss burger. Comes with sauteed mushrooms and onions and a steak type sauce. The beef tasted very much like beef and it had a good char. Definitely a quality burger. It is New Zealand Black Angus meat which they buy in ground. The menu doesn't say  imported but I confirmed that it was and it definitely tasted so. The meat portion just a tad small for my taste but understandable considering  imported meat. It was cooked medium (definitely not overdone) which is a good choice for burger meat though rarer would taste better. With the toppings on my choice I had to use a fork and knife as it was just too messy after trying to eat by hand the first bite. Probably the regular cheeseburger you could eat by hand. The bun seemed decent, didn't notice it much as being exceptional but it certainly wasn't crap either. The price (275 for the Mushroom Swiss) is a little steep, yes, but considering all, it's a contender. My only question is about the grind of the meat. I'm not sure it's ideal for burgers but I am not enough of of a burger freak to know for sure. The highlight was the flavor or the meat. Definitely the best burger I've had in Thailand and they would be accepted as good in the U.S.

I just had the Mushroom Swiss burger. Comes with sauteed mushrooms and onions and a steak type sauce. The beef tasted very much like beef and it had a good char. Definitely a quality burger. It is New Zealand Black Angus meat which they buy in ground. The menu doesn't say  imported but I confirmed that it was and it definitely tasted so. The meat portion just a tad small for my taste but understandable considering  imported meat. It was cooked medium (definitely not overdone) which is a good choice for burger meat though rarer would taste better. With the toppings on my choice I had to use a fork and knife as it was just too messy after trying to eat by hand the first bite. Probably the regular cheeseburger you could eat by hand. The bun seemed decent, didn't notice it much as being exceptional but it certainly wasn't crap either. The price (275 for the Mushroom Swiss) is a little steep, yes, but considering all, it's a contender. My only question is about the grind of the meat. I'm not sure it's ideal for burgers but I am not enough of of a burger freak to know for sure. The highlight was the flavor or the meat. Definitely the best burger I've had in Thailand and they would be accepted as good in the U.S.

Presume you are talking about Pastrami on Rye???

I have said it before and will say i again! 

I can not understand why people would rather have a ground/minced prime cut of meat, rather than a steak burger/sandwich?

Where I come from, a hamburger is 3rd rate compared to a steak sandwich!

Why ground/mince a fine cut of meat?

Because good burgers are not just some grounded/minced meat flaps. A good burger has added flavors and spices into it, secret of the chef. The crap in McDo obviously has not. :)

I have said it before and will say i again! 

I can not understand why people would rather have a ground/minced prime cut of meat, rather than a steak burger/sandwich?

Where I come from, a hamburger is 3rd rate compared to a steak sandwich!

Why ground/mince a fine cut of meat?

I never got this either.

Because good burgers are not just some grounded/minced meat flaps. A good burger has added flavors and spices into it, secret of the chef. The crap in McDo obviously has not. :)

To me it has always been part of the burger thing that the meat is not a prime cut, it's a from a cut that is not great as is, but still has good flavor when ground.  Adding seasoning, spices, etc to the ground mix is a big part of a great burger too.

Give me a good steak burger/sandwich with some scotchs fillet/rump steak over a a ground/mince beef with added flavors any f=day!  A hamburger is 3rd rate!

Give me a good steak burger/sandwich with some scotchs fillet/rump steak over a a ground/mince beef with added flavors any f=day!  A hamburger is 3rd rate!

Yet burgers are one of the most popular food items in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Metro burger prices have gone up, burgers are a whole 15 baht more than they were before. Still the best value burger IMO. The only stand I know of that does not use preformed frozen patties.

Metro burger prices have gone up, burgers are a whole 15 baht more than they were before. Still the best value burger IMO. The only stand I know of that does not use preformed frozen patties.

The price must have gone up for fresh patties, all reviews here say the patty was frozen!.. :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/275081-metro-burger/page-2

The price must have gone up for fresh patties, all reviews here say the patty was frozen!.. :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/275081-metro-burger/page-2

They are frozen, but they buy beef in quantity and make their own patties before freezing them.

Most burger stands, and many restaurants in town, use factory formed patties.

I had a classic cheeseburger at Pastrami on Rye tonight.  This was the first time I have had a burger there and it was by far better than anything that I have had in Thailand.  The only thing I did not like was the minced tomatoes, but I understand why they serve them that way.  Tomatoes in Thailand suck and are really small compared to what we get in the U.S.  Overall I would rate it a solid 9/10.

so many posts so few pics

Who cares ? ..... only you it would seem ?

Some of us like reviews of different places from all over town, which many members do,  not just the same boring pics of Momentos and POR that you post.

Did you just join this forum to whine and stir shit ?

do you go outta your way to be a jerk or does it just come naturally? 

Who cares ? ..... only you it would seem ?

Some of us like reviews of different places from all over town, which many members do, and not just the same boring pics of Momentos and POR that you post.

Did you just join this forum to whine and stir shit ?

When I opened the site today, I have 29 likes, none from you.  I have to tell you I was devastated dont give a shit, why dont you put me on ignore rather than troll me.  I dont like you either.  Get your hard-on with a girl

I would sure hope so

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

up till now Memento was my favorite hamburger.   Went to PonR today for a swiss bacon bbq cheeseburger.  I have to say the best I have had in 9 years, by far

Hamburger bacon swiss.JPG

I took two thai girls that wanted a hamburger and they both loved it and ate most of this huge puppy, rare for a thai girl.   While I was sitting there, a Japanese came in with three thai girls I knew..

recomemded highly

I took two thai girls that wanted a hamburger and they both loved it and ate most of this huge puppy, rare for a thai girl.   While I was sitting there, a Japanese came in with three thai girls I knew..

recomemded highly

Wait...what is do you recommend highly: the three Thai girls, the PoR burger or ALL of the above?  LOL

That looks like a helluva burger -- did you sub in swiss for cheddar?  Checking out their menu, the bacon BBQ burger looked like the way I would go, but I'm not a swiss cheese fan and thought it was cheddar on the menu

Archived