IGNORED

Best Burgers in town

uploadfromtaptalk1443012476430.jpg

Not Pattaya but should you find yourself on a side trip to Bangkok, get your laughing gear around one of these.

It's from "Daniel Thaiger" burger van, he can be found most nights half way down soi 23 off sukumvitt.

Probably in my top five burgers ever.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Not Pattaya but should you find yourself on a side trip to Bangkok, get your laughing gear around one of these.

It's from "Daniel Thaiger" burger van, he can be found most nights half way down soi 23 off sukumvitt.

That looks outstanding...Do you have to wait around long? I've read the queues can be pretty long....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

That cheese is  holding its shape very well... not even sweating...How the hell does he manage that in the heat of BKK keep it in a fridge pre cut in boxes till served??? Looks perfect!!!

That looks outstanding...Do you have to wait around long? I've read the queues can be pretty long....

Everytime I've been it's around 6.30 pm, I under he's usually there from 5.30 pm onwards until around 9.30 when he runs out. He's parked outside "craft" beers where you can buy from around 40 (expensive) worldwide draft beers. It's never been busy on my visits.

Apologies for jumping on this thread about pattaya but I've never had anything that comes close in patts.

PS re the cheese, I understand it's imported from Canada, it has a loverly sharp taste that compliments the buyer perfectly

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Everytime I've been it's around 6.30 pm, I under he's usually there from 5.30 pm onwards until around 9.30 when he runs out. He's parked outside "craft" beers where you can buy from around 40 (expensive) worldwide draft beers. It's never been busy on my visits.

Apologies for jumping on this thread about pattaya but I've never had anything that comes close in patts.

PS re the cheese, I understand it's imported from Canada, it has a loverly sharp taste that compliments the buyer perfectly

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Cool...thanks for the color...most definitely checking it and the craft beer out when next in BKK...

Hooray beer!

The burgers in Pattaya are not improving.  I thought the Lone Star burger was not bad a few years ago, but it comes out a dried out piece of shoe last few times I ordered it.  Casa Deon out around Maprachan also started out good, but now over-cooks it and maybe changed to cheaper meat.  The Outback Golf Bar also once had a good burger, then Jack hired an English woman that must be pressing all of the fluid out of the patty when cooking it, because it is as dry as the Sahara.  

I think one issue is the lack of available ground or minced beef that is anything but local.  I have done a better job at home mixing local minced beef and pork, then adding a generous dose of Lea and Perrins to bring it to life.  Decent buns are also not easy to find, so making them from scratch seems to be the best way.

Whichever restaurant decided to do some research and come up with a really good burger, would get my business at least once a week. And judging by how busy this thread is, likely would be busy.

A friend of mine in Hua Hin sent me a BintaBurger picture and says they are very good.  I'm not going to post it, it's too far to drive there just for a good burger.

I thoroughly enjoy the burgers in Walkabout Creek... first time I have had beetroot in a burger.....it seems to be an Aussie thing...

Could never figure out how they came up with that?  Over-powers the flavor of anything else on it.

Could never figure out how they came up with that?  Over-powers the flavor of anything else on it.

Beetroot compliments the cheese!,, :GoldenSmile1:

a7yva7ev.jpg

The best way to finish off after a Lolaitas BJ. The Gazza burger.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Just had a thought (rare I know but still...)  

How about eating a tasty Gary Burger while getting a slow n deep BJ at Lolitas?  Salivating at both ends just thinking about it!

Just had a thought (rare I know but still...)  

How about eating a tasty Gary Burger while getting a slow n deep BJ at Lolitas?  Salivating at both ends just thinking about it!

I'd rather eat a fur burger!.. :GoldenSmile1:

Beetroot compliments the cheese!,, :GoldenSmile1:

G'day! you're looking mighty fine t'day...looks like you're on a roll....

The answer is in your second sentence  however i take your point it may well be better than it looks.

JDM

Your rental rooms look shite in your images

I've just ha a " waved" 7/11 cheeseburger washed down  with Monte Clair....bloody hit the spot just right...

Sometimes  it just depends on your need at the time whether it is good or bad..

Currently the best deal is the 2 for 1 at Carls JR on Fridays, not the best burgers sure but but for a fast food burger chain they are okay.

The old guy in LK does good burgers, yes he is slow but meticulous, however, and maybe this is just me, he doesn't seem eager to give change when its 10 or 20 baht, well thats been the last 3 times, maybe he was short of it each time and not merely reluctant. 

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

The old guy in LK does good burgers, yes he is slow but meticulous, however, and maybe this is just me, he doesn't seem eager to give change when its 10 or 20 baht, well thats been the last 3 times, maybe he was short of it each time and not merely reluctant.

i may be guilty there.... i always tip him well.... he cooks my burger a little different, does a good job for prob shit money... coming from a renowned cheapskate, i feel the product is good value. whats an extra 20bt??!!

but he has always been forthcoming with my change....

hmmm, somebody say metro burger for dinner?! 55

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

Just a tip for Carl's Jr on Friday. If eating by yourself, like I do, get the Famous Star burger. It's the cheapest and two burgers is plenty. If two burgers is too much for you, transfer a patty and cheese to the other and make it a double. Also the burger has special sauce and mayo. Way too much mayo on both sides even for a mayo lover. So if you are getting it to go I would suggest no mayo(or at least on the side) as your buns will get too soggy.

Just a tip for Carl's Jr on Friday. If eating by yourself, like I do, get the Famous Star burger. It's the cheapest and two burgers is plenty. If two burgers is too much for you, transfer a patty and cheese to the other and make it a double. Also the burger has special sauce and mayo. Way too much mayo on both sides even for a mayo lover. So if you are getting it to go I would suggest no mayo(or at least on the side) as your buns will get too soggy.

I stuffed myself with 2 of these earlier......yum yum yum 240 baht, not the 230 as stated on the website though

http://carlsjr.co.th/menu/detail/double-western-bacon-cheeseburger

DoubleWesternBacon_Cheeseburger.png

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

best in Pattaya is still Mementos, and the beef is great

Never heard of the place. Where is it?

Friday gone was the last Firday they're doing the .buy 1 get 1 free"   ...devastated ! 

Archived