Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lone Star Texas Grill (Soi Lengkee)

Evil Penevil

I ate at the Lonestar a couple of nights ago. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. It seems to have gone downhill. I had enchiladas (which I've had several times before earlier in the year and they were pretty good, then). They were just O.K. this time, but there was very little salsa. Previously, they gave you a small dish of extra salsa, plus chips. This time, no extra salsa (I had to substitute Tobasco sauce) and no chips.

I wonder if the staff just doesn't know how they are supposed to be prepared and what is supposed to go with them.

Bakwan

I ate at the Lonestar a couple of nights ago. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. It seems to have gone downhill. I had enchiladas (which I've had several times before earlier in the year and they were pretty good, then). They were just O.K. this time, but there was very little salsa. Previously, they gave you a small dish of extra salsa, plus chips. This time, no extra salsa (I had to substitute Tobasco sauce) and no chips.

I wonder if the staff just doesn't know how they are supposed to be prepared and what is supposed to go with them.

Bakwan

thank you for your comments we at the lonestar are going though a transitional period due to staff leaving or being fired for stealing ... the cooks have still remained but the service has left . the staff seem to have learnt the menu but if you come across any thing different please tell my staff they will be happy to help you in every way

Life begins at 40 ...

thank you for your comments we at the lonestar are going though a transitional period due to staff leaving or being fired for stealing ... the cooks have still remained but the service has left . the staff seem to have learnt the menu but if you come across any thing different please tell my staff they will be happy to help you in every way

Thanks, Tim.... I'll give it another try.

Bakwan

• 1 month later...

I just had a delivery from Lonestar and got to say that I give the food a thumbs up!

I ordered via "Door 2 Door" website and called the number on the top of the page, website is not clear that main course dishes include "side orders" so working way down menu i ordered my side orders first so when I ordered the ribs and pulled pork sandwich i was asked "what side orders you want" I asked for coleslaw and homemade fries, and to cancel the side orders already ordered. (This was ignored) so I ended up with 4 portions of french fries (not home made either, website says "HOME MADE") shame really as I was looking forward to some nice home made fries.

The coleslaw was not my cup of tea needs to be courser and not put in same box as the fries and corn on the cob as it was warm by the time it reached my loom.

Really loved the ribs and being a greedy git I ordered a whole side of ribs... very tasty and great for Thailand for a delivery service very impressed. Not happy that there was a 95THB "service charge" on the bill WTF??? Fair enough I can understand 50THB delivery charge but 95THB service on top? Thats just taking the piss.. especially when my order come to a grand!

The barbecue sauce was very tasty, the pulled pork sandwich was fantastic... All in all I would definately recommend if you are room bound after a 3 day session and need feeding some comfort food, and are feeling too delicate to venture out then this talks all the boxes.

OH YEH BABY

The Grooviest supplier of UK TV anywhere on the Planet with 48 Servers around the Globe   :Chained_Desk:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/259202-uk-iptv-boxes-full-uk-skytv-bbc-itv-etc/

Pattaya Facebook Page

• 2 weeks later...

Last week i was there ( Thursday?) and the daily special was tacos. I ordered beef. The beef was so chewy my jaw hurts. During the meal I spoke to the waitress abou the beef and she said 'Of course its hard , its local beef '.

Local or not the beef was just too tough.

Otherwise I have no complaints as the service was generally polite and efficient.

I ordered from Lone Star using Door 2 Door and found the food pretty good, got a cheeseburger and nachos.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to order the cheeseburger and home made french fries... :GoldenSmile1:

OH YEH BABY

The Grooviest supplier of UK TV anywhere on the Planet with 48 Servers around the Globe   :Chained_Desk:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/259202-uk-iptv-boxes-full-uk-skytv-bbc-itv-etc/

Pattaya Facebook Page

• 4 weeks later...

They changed their specials to much more interesting ones and dropped prices on them. I'm going to check it out soon.

rsz_img_20121024_182037a.jpg

Edited by expatdude

I can assure you those prices on the specials have risen, not dropped.

Edited by ChangFai

Actually, this is the second change in the specials' menu.

First the specials' prices went up but the items didn't change. For example, the ribs on Saturday went from 199 to 249 baht.

This recent change, the second change, the prices went down from the second menu. As you can see, the Saturday ribs went down to 210 baht. In addition, the items changed. For example, ribs are served three days a week on this latest specials' menu, whereas on the other two menus they were only served once.

However, if you just consider from the first specials' menu to the latest one, you are correct in that the price went up.

Edited by expatdude

Tried the half rack of ribs Saturday special. Took about 10 minutes as promised. Good portion of meat and two sides. Taste? Meh.

Will I be back? Perhaps once every six months. The market is still open in Pattaya for someone who *knows* good barbecue.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the best restaurants in town for good food/value and service! Keep up the good work guys!

• 1 month later...

silly question... somebody said this was the same owner as the old bobs bbq beside champagne. True or not? used to love that place.

I have finally tried this place after wanting for ages... Ate there two nights in a row. I was very impressed. Being from Louisiana and lived in Houston,,Texas for 7 years, I reckon it was better than the original Bobs BBQ on Bobs best day in its hay day. Will slowly plow through the menu over the next month or so.

:Flying:

ate here last year with tgf.her 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

specials great value and good service too.

will be back......

No,if u remember a guy called Dale bought it from Bob in late 2010,but closed it i heard about May 2011 and left in a huff.back to America i heard.

Wasnt there long....he was there maybe 8 months at bobs bbq then closed it....I tried Bobs bbq ....didnt like it

Edited by badboybilly

Ate here about a month ago with a friend. He ordered the Jalapeno Cheese burger.

Came out. No cheese. No Jalapenos. Nothing except for a plain burger patty in a bun, not even any salad or sauce.

OK this is thailand i guess.

So he sent it back explaining it was missing the vital ingredients.

It returned a while later with Jalapenos and cheese and looking more like the burger he ordered but when he bit into it, most of the inside of the burger patty was still raw.

I would consider a burger probably one of the easiest meals to get right.

Would take some convincing to return.

This restaurant was created by Ian, the person who created Jolly Friar and China Garden. He then sold all his restaurants (except perhaps China Garden). The new owner has been tweaking things. I'm not sure who he is.

silly question... somebody said this was the same owner as the old bobs bbq beside champagne. True or not? used to love that place.

As far as I know, not true.  

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

As far as I know, not true.  

Evil

iM sure Dale has left hasnt he? he owned or bought the BBQ from bob.................then closed about 8 months later?

Is Dale back? Is he wasnt the most social chappy was he?

This restaurant was created by Ian, the person who created Jolly Friar and China Garden. He then sold all his restaurants (except perhaps China Garden). The new owner has been tweaking things. I'm not sure who he is.

Opened by me, Ian @ China Garden, sold to "Kell" @ Lone Star & Jolly Friar .... resold to Kell's army buddy "Rick" straight away..  Russ is managing the place for him , so owned by Rick and nothing to do with Bob's BBQ or Dale etc.

:-)

• 1 month later...

Last time we were there had several issues with the staff, either not understanding

or more likely not caring. The concept of the magnificent seven menu is very good,

but staff need there arses kicked back to nakon nowhere if theLone Star want to continue

serving food in a dog eat dog world of catering in Pattaya.