IGNORED

Lone Star Texas Grill (Soi Lengkee)

Evil Penevil

Question about Sue's Place:

I like Tex Mex, but I am a TOTAL p*ssy when it comes to spicy food.  Since Thai's like their food spicy, is the Tex Mex there extremely spicy?

BTW, also want to say thanks for the tip on this place -- it joins my ever-growing list of places I want to try (but never seem to make it to! 555555)

There is nothing spicy about the Tex-Mex at Sue's. 

With that being said, they present you with a basket that includes a number of hot sauces if you want to use them.

Want diced chilies added to anything you order? Just ask. Miss Sue aims to please.

• 6 years later...

So whats up with Lone Star now? Google says permanently closed (yeah, covid-19 and everything so its pretty obvious) , havent however seen any news about it closing down for good.  Anyone knows if its just closed for the time of Covid-19 or is lone star texas bbq for sale etc?

Lone star came up my mind, while figuring out when i can travel back to Thailand, for me it is a must place to go and grab food every time im in Pattaya. Kind of a tradition to me and i like their food and atmosphere in restaurant.

Im sorry if i have missed something in past year i havent been there :D 

1 hour ago, NicetoBenice said:

So whats up with Lone Star now? Google says permanently closed (yeah, covid-19 and everything so its pretty obvious) , havent however seen any news about it closing down for good.  Anyone knows if its just closed for the time of Covid-19 or is lone star texas bbq for sale etc?

Lone star came up my mind, while figuring out when i can travel back to Thailand, for me it is a must place to go and grab food every time im in Pattaya. Kind of a tradition to me and i like their food and atmosphere in restaurant.

Im sorry if i have missed something in past year i havent been there :D 

Closed last year.  Retox took over their menu. Then Retox closed. Thats it.

22 minutes ago, thainet said:

Closed last year.  Retox took over their menu. Then Retox closed. Thats it.

Ok i see. Retox are gone and buried now also? Wtf. This covid took a nasty hit on business in Patts i see. However if Lone Star closed down already 2019 when there was not yet pandemic burst it seems like that have nothing to do with covid. Pretty nice timing ..

Always tought these 2 were pretty solid businesses in area.

Edited by NicetoBenice

5 minutes ago, NicetoBenice said:

And Retox are gone and buried now also? Wtf. This covid took a nasty hit on business in Patts i see.

Always tought these 2 were pretty solid businesses in area.

Both of them nothing to do with covit..business and money problems.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thainet said:

Just the Retox in that soi closed. Maybe their other venue is doing ok.

Doesn't really matter as you asked about Lone Star.

10 minutes ago, thainet said:

Okay. Here we have a good example as myself, who dont know companies real state and have only assumes that those 2 were big players around for ages. How wrong i was.. 

Thanks for the info anyway Thainet !

5 minutes ago, thainet said:

Just the Retox in that soi closed. Maybe their other venue is doing ok.

Doesn't really matter as you asked about Lone Star.

Well yeah. Anyways offtopic, retox closing in Lengkee was a surprise for me as im regular pattaya visitor yearly (but not 2019) , they even shortly past few year expanded terrace etc.. its always packed full of people and hard to find a free table. Specially mornings.

Edit. On the topic, so the info is, that there is no more Lone Star and the great restaurant is gone and out. For all fellow members who didnt notice this. Thats it for this =) 

Edited by NicetoBenice

5 hours ago, NicetoBenice said:

its always packed full of people and hard to find a free table. Specially mornings.

Visited a few times ( Retox Lengkee) during the last few months they  were open hardly any customers when I visited customers lost to Hungry Hippo.Cheap Charlie’s , Chunky Monkey  cheaper prices/better menu.

Lone Star had gone downhill by 2018, I had a very bad experience there so it was no surprise when they closed the restaurant.  Then Retox took it over before they too closed.