IGNORED

Lone Star Texas Grill (Soi Lengkee)

Evil Penevil

Walked in there yesterday morning and took away an order of chicken nacho supreme, and the shredded pork potato skins.

The nachos had lots of meat and cheese, which was a plus.

Everything else was in such little quantity I almost thought they forgot it. The tomatos and sour cream were enough for maybe 1/5th of the overall dish, and only a few olives, and no lettuce. Im not sure if the menu said it was supposed to have lettuce or not, but Ive never been served a nacho supreme without it. 

To their credit, they definitely loaded up the potato skins with lots of pork. Downside was I did not care for the bbq sauce they put on, which was also loaded up :( so I only ate 1 of the 3. Advise to ask for sauce on the side so you can put on an amount youre happy with.

For the price was kind of disappointing, but I'll give them another shot someday for a second chance.

• 1 month later...

Daily SPecials are all back down to 199 baht... ALways great ribs, steaks, and baked potato/onion rings. will have to try the CHicken Fried Steak this week.

suggestion..... could we get some green vegetables maybe.... like green beans, asparagus, or broccoli ?

...will have to try the CHicken Fried Steak this week.

Two weeks ago I had the chicken fried steak at Lonestar and told my friends the next day it was the best I'd ever had.

Last week, I ordered it again and had to fess up to my friends that it was the worst I'd ever had. That, of course boils down to poor execution. Even in well-run places like the Lonestar it can happen. You are depending on Thais to execute it right every time. That ain't ever going to happen, unless the owner remains serious about keeping the quality high.

Avoid the onion rings when picking your side dishes. While they are very good, you only get 3 or 4 small ones, so it really isn't a "side order." It's more of a garnishment.

Interesting that they dropped their specials back to 199.

Perhaps I'll give them another try.

This place rocks for Ribs. The other parts of the menu sometimes get lost with the thai cooking ideas, but definitely do the ribs.

ummm

I ate here when I was over last month.  I hadn't been to Lone Star before and had the fajita's (chicken) with a few sides (as the special of the day). 

It was very, very good: chicken was tender; sides were more than enough... 

will be back again. 

• 5 months later...

I have eaten here about 4 or 5 times, usually ordered the ribs and they have always been really good.

I ate here tonight and decided to have the special "T Bone steak" for 199 Baht and also ordered an entre.

This T Bone Steak, was the worst cut of meat I have ever been served in a restaraunt.

I actually blame myself as I shouldnt have expected too much for a steak with fries +2 sides for the grand total of $6.80 Australian Dollars.

This piece of Hymalayan Yack, should be credited to Tibet, it was definetly not as advertised in the menu ,as being an Australian cut of meat.

It tasted like it had been frozen for the past few ice ages and then thawed out tonight in a bucket of Klong water untill there was only the fibrous material of the old beast left.

When i cut into the meat, the steak knife battled, it sort of tore / grinded its way through the sinewy piece of flesh. There was a strange colour of light whitish / pinkish fibres to the meat, it more resembled a bad pork chop than a cut of beef.

I would definetly steer clear of the steaks in this place, and cannot believe they are imported, I suspect that they are old water buffaloes that have died through old age.

I have eaten here about 4 or 5 times, usually ordered the ribs and they have always been really good.

I ate here tonight and decided to have the special "T Bone steak" for 199 Baht and also ordered an entre.

This T Bone Steak, was the worst cut of meat I have ever been served in a restaraunt.

I actually blame myself as I shouldnt have expected too much for a steak with fries +2 sides for the grand total of $6.80 Australian Dollars.

This piece of Hymalayan Yack, should be credited to Tibet, it was definetly not as advertised in the menu ,as being an Australian cut of meat.

It tasted like it had been frozen for the past few ice ages and then thawed out tonight in a bucket of Klong water untill there was only the fibrous material of the old beast left.

When i cut into the meat, the steak knife battled, it sort of tore / grinded its way through the sinewy piece of flesh. There was a strange colour of light whitish / pinkish fibres to the meat, it more resembled a bad pork chop than a cut of beef.

I would definetly steer clear of the steaks in this place, and cannot believe they are imported, I suspect that they are old water buffaloes that have died through old age.

I've always been a big booster of the Lonestar, but I don't go anymore. Three bad meals in a row -- no make that 3 horrible meals in a row -- and I've had to take it off the list. Whether the owner knows it or not, the kitchen started doing some serious, lazy corner cutting in the prep department.

I just assumed the place had been sold, but on my final visit the staff told me that wasn't the case. Something certainly changed.

If you want awesome Mexican grub, Sue's Place on 13/4 is the place. Her grandson runs the kitchen and this guy is magical when it comes to  Mex and Tex-Mex. Sue tells me he went to the States for culinary training and I have no trouble believing that.

Don't be fooled by the looks of the place. It looks like the many cheap little bars that dot the landscape here. Nothing like a place to eat Mexican grub, but it is awesome.

If you want awesome Mexican grub, Sue's Place on 13/4 is the place. Her grandson runs the kitchen and this guy is magical when it comes to  Mex and Tex-Mex. Sue tells me he went to the States for culinary training and I have no trouble believing that.

Don't be fooled by the looks of the place. It looks like the many cheap little bars that dot the landscape here. Nothing like a place to eat Mexican grub, but it is awesome.

If thats the case, how did the old Blue Parrot menu end up in Sues ?

Did he work there first ?

If thats the case, how did the old Blue Parrot menu end up in Sues ?

Did he work there first ?

From what I gather from the folks in the neighborhood, the cat that owned the Blue Parrot had a stroke. Game over.

The kitchen staff moved next door to Sue's. The Blue Parrot storefront is now a tattoo shop.

I've always been a big booster of the Lonestar, but I don't go anymore. Three bad meals in a row -- no make that 3 horrible meals in a row -- and I've had to take it off the list. Whether the owner knows it or not, the kitchen started doing some serious, lazy corner cutting in the prep department.

I just assumed the place had been sold, but on my final visit the staff told me that wasn't the case. Something certainly changed.

I can second that, this place on 13/4 has excellent Tex/mex food...great friendly staff...all family run, nice quiet location and best of all clean, tasty, and well priced food along with ice cold beers. I sat out the front on a nice comfortable table and chairs..excellent feed of Mexican washed down with a few ice cold Leo,s ... Will return on next trip...so much better than lone star or that Mexican place on soi 7

Living in Southern California, I am a big fan of Mexican food and/or Tex Mex style food.  I actually like Tequila Reef Cantina (the place on Soi 7 and Beach Road), as I don't expect it to be like back home.  Just like I don't expect my Thai food in the USA to be like in Thailand.  

However, I am looking forward to trying Sue's Place to compare the two.  Thanks for the info.....

Lonestar dinner with the wife and sprog. I had a chicken enchilada, not bad, but not memorable.  Wife had the ribs, almost no meat on them which is fine for me, like to keep her lean. But she was not impressed.

Must try Sue's Place.

• 2 months later...

Went to eat ribs with my lady yesterday about 7pm. Service lady told us that they dont have any ribs left. Ok we ordered something else from the menu. However people came in after us and they could order ribs... Wtf, how is this possible?

Fred

And they say that in Texas everything i bigger !!!

What a disappointing size of steak!!!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Sadly, it's a place that is going down in flames.

Very disappointing to me, as it used to be my favorite place to eat. 

Lazy ownership + Thai employees = failure.

When will they ever learn?

Had the Half Rack of ribs Special on Tuesday and gotta say it was fantastic value at 219 baht

Very tender  and juicy

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Lonestar dinner with the wife and sprog. I had a chicken enchilada, not bad, but not memorable.  Wife had the ribs, almost no meat on them which is fine for me, like to keep her lean. But she was not impressed.

Must try Sue's Place.

Was yours cold as the Atlantic ocean ? Discussing never again walking into this place....

I see beef here and in other places advertised for 199 Baht, I've always assumed that it is Thai beef.

Is it really possible to Get Australian or NZ beef at those prices?

Question about Sue's Place:

I like Tex Mex, but I am a TOTAL p*ssy when it comes to spicy food.  Since Thai's like their food spicy, is the Tex Mex there extremely spicy?

BTW, also want to say thanks for the tip on this place -- it joins my ever-growing list of places I want to try (but never seem to make it to! 555555)

I was here 3 times during my trip in late November. All 3 times I had ribs.

My conclusion is this place could be good if they could be consistent. 

A couple comments on the sides: You always get a small, partial ear of corn--it doesn't count as a side. I suppose if you order an ear of corn as a side you still get the little one with it. You also get a boat of BBQ sauce, which is strangely listed on the menu as a side (I suppose there are other menu items where BBQ sauce isn't included and must be ordered separately). As a note, the corn was old, which you can tell by dimples in the kernals. I suppose there's not a lot of corn grown in Thailand, so you have to take what you get, but I live in the American MIdwest and am used to getting corn the same day it's picked (in season, of course). The taste difference between old and fresh is enormous. For anyone who knows American BBQ, the sauce is more in the style of Kansas City than Texas (not complaining, just clarifying).

One visit I had BBQ Beans and Macaroni & Cheese. One I had a Baked Potato and Macaroni, the third I had Baked Potato and BBQ Beans.

So I had each of the 3 different sides twice. With each side, once it was nice and hot and the other time it was cold (well, not a cold baked potato, but still hard in the center, so not completely cooked). The complimentary corn was so cold one time it wouldn't even melt the pat of butter.

The ribs were good every time, meaty not fatty. The meal was plenty filling. Once I couldn't even finish all the ribs. If they ever manage to get all the sides hot on the same day it would be great.

Question about Sue's Place:

I like Tex Mex, but I am a TOTAL p*ssy when it comes to spicy food.  Since Thai's like their food spicy, is the Tex Mex there extremely spicy?

BTW, also want to say thanks for the tip on this place -- it joins my ever-growing list of places I want to try (but never seem to make it to! 555555)

The food at Sue's Place is definitely not spicy.

You have the choice of a bowl of spicy salsa if you want some heat added.

Went there twice in November had the ribs both times. Can't speak for other dishes but definitely can recommend the ribs. As the Tuesday special it is hard to beat for value. Will go again this month, hopefully I don't get the ribs with no meat on them some other posters experienced.

One of the waitresses was Filipino I believe which may have explained the few small communication issues she had with the girlfriend and her friends.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

My enchilada was well cooked and served hot last time.

Went there again night before last and had a 200g Australian beef burger.  It was excellent!

Wife had a pulled pork sandwich and it was also good.

Son had some chicken tenders, tender.

Was a good meal!