nirck

I took this Sunday. Nikon D5000, 1/30 sec, f/5.6

DSC_0293.JPG

Retired

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Peace Corp

Very artistic and tasteful shot. Nice camera too. Which lens do you use? Shallow DOF at f/5.6 of course. Not easy, if hand-held. Normally I avoid 'extreme close ups', but found this charming. Very young model obviously. That pertness doesn't last for too many years!

Thank you.

Lens was AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300 mm f/4.5-5.6 ED VR

Here's the kit lens and my Panama

DSC_0068.JPG

Retired

Anyone have a Sony DSC-RX100? It seems to be the perfect compact point and shoot with low light capabilities, light, and 20 megapixels. Price is high but it's a lot of camera for the portability.

I was really tempted.....but it's a bit too expensive for me to have as a 2nd camera. I found a great deal on an Olympus XZ-1 so I ordered it. Haven't gotten it yet. 

I did see an ad for a used rx100 for $475 USD but it was after I ordered the XZ-1 or I might have caved. 

Anyone have a Sony DSC-RX100? It seems to be the perfect compact point and shoot with low light capabilities, light, and 20 megapixels. Price is high but it's a lot of camera for the portability.

Welcome to the forum. If you enter 'RX100'. into the Search function, on this thread, you will find many references to this camera. It is a good idea to get into this habit before making a post.

Enjoy you stay with PA.

I was really tempted.....but it's a bit too expensive for me to have as a 2nd camera. I found a great deal on an Olympus XZ-1 so I ordered it. Haven't gotten it yet. 

I did see an ad for a used rx100 for $475 USD but it was after I ordered the XZ-1 or I might have caved. 

I just got an Olympus XZ-2 - ordered it on Amazon UK at 15k Baht incl delivery to Songkhla, and all taxes and duty.  I considered the rx100 but the flip-out touch-screen on the XZ-2 (i don't need 20 megapixels) won the day.  

Olympus OM-D E-M5

babydollsaddict.gif

I just got an Olympus XZ-2 - ordered it on Amazon UK at 15k Baht incl delivery to Songkhla, and all taxes and duty.  I considered the rx100 but the flip-out touch-screen on the XZ-2 (i don't need 20 megapixels) won the day.  

Nice! My xz-1 was about $157 USD (used - like new) from amazon.com in the US. The deal only lasted hours before they were gone. I just picked it up today so haven't played with it too much yet but I like what I've read about it. It's a back-up for my EM-5 - hopefully the image quality will be good enough. If not, I should be able to sell it and get all my $$ back anyway.

Well just went ahead and bought the Sony dsc-rx100m ii for my first good camera that is better than my phone. I liked the better low light, tilting screen and nfc capabilities that will work with my phone and tablet compared to the old model.

I just need to read up on taking pictures because I am not a good photographer. Hope to take lots of pictures on my first trip to LOS next month.

Well just went ahead and bought the Sony dsc-rx100m ii for my first good camera that is better than my phone. I liked the better low light, tilting screen and nfc capabilities that will work with my phone and tablet compared to the old model.

I just need to read up on taking pictures because I am not a good photographer. Hope to take lots of pictures on my first trip to LOS next month.

How much did you pay for it. I want to buy it as well but sadly its not yet available in India. Please do post some pictures and your experience.

Raj

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Paid $750 USD from Amazon. I am not an experienced photographer so the pictures might not be good but learning to use the camera will be fun. I will report on it later look forward to it.

$475 for the rx100!!!  Where did you find this ad?

$475 for the rx100!!!  Where did you find this ad?

It was on an m4/3 forum I read once in a while. It sold pretty quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

I went from Canon G9 (destroyed with water) to Panasonic LX5. I am very satiesfied with the LX5.

• 2 weeks later...

I went from Canon G9 (destroyed with water) to Panasonic LX5. I am very satiesfied with the LX5.

Any examples?

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Yes, i have alot of pictures, also from Scotland (The Border, Dumfries & Galloway area) :ThumbUp6:

But this pictures are on my private website, see PM

Nikon d7000, have a d70 as well, a 17-70mm sigma macro f2.8 ( my walk around lens), old nikon 18-70, f3.5, 55-300 nikon f4.5-5.6 vr, nikon 50mm prime f.18g, sigma 10.20mm for landscapes. sb600, few filters, tripod etc, an old fuji s7000 bridge which is an outstanding camera still holding its own despite being ten years old, and another fuji compact

Just got a Panasonic Lumix GF-3.  14-44mm kit zoom lens.  Got it used on Ebay for a great deal.

Outdoors

P1010958.JPG

Nightime

P1010966.JPG

Indoors

P1010943.JPG

Ok got my captions wrong...

• 1 month later...

I'm a Canon whore!  Never used anything else.  I have a Canon 5d Mark II as my primary and a Canon 7d rigged for video.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Nikon D3X which is pushing 400k actuations. I keep checking the rumor sites to see if there is going to be a D4X anytime soon. Speculation has it early 2014. I hope it delivers before I hit 500k. I have really grown to love the camera. I also have the D800 which I don't love quite as much although it is growing on me. The 70-200mm AFS II is my go-to lens since I bought it. I have the older 80-200 kicking around here somewhere which I should ebay. I also have both film and digital Hasselblad systems, but they are mostly gathering dust. 

• 1 month later...

I now have a Panasonic GH3 + the following lenses, Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6,  Panasonic 14mm f2.5, Sigma 19mm f2.8 and a Sigma 60mm f2.8.

I also have a Panasonic GF2 upon which the 14mm lives. The GH3 + the 14-140 makes a great travel combo.

If a SLR is too much, the Canon EOS with the pancake lens works awesome!

143A1427.jpg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

A Lumix TZ5 compact (10 megapix) takes good photos of the girls and has a nice 10 x zoom as well..

Loy Kathon 013_844x1350.jpg

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived