Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Which camera are u using?

nirck

I'm very happy with the pix from my epl3. I have the pana-leica 25mm f1.4 and the 14mm f2.5 pancake. It's pocketable in cargo shorts with the pancake and the 25mm does great low light shots at night. I actually forgot my flash at home on my recent trip and didn't miss it......too much.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy with the pix from my epl3. I have the pana-leica 25mm f1.4 and the 14mm f2.5 pancake. It's pocketable in cargo shorts with the pancake and the 25mm does great low light shots at night. I actually forgot my flash at home on my recent trip and didn't miss it......too much.

While it may seem redundant check on the 20mm 1.7. It's pancake enough and it falls between the 14mm and 25mm. I own all three and they have nice uses. I just picked up a EPL-2 for cheap because of the built-in flash if I need it. I will use it as a point and shoot instead.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

While it may seem redundant check on the 20mm 1.7. It's pancake enough and it falls between the 14mm and 25mm. I own all three and they have nice uses. I just picked up a EPL-2 for cheap because of the built-in flash if I need it. I will use it as a point and shoot instead.

I had an epl1 prior to my epl3. And, I had the 20mm with that camera. When I got the 25 I felt the focal lengths of the two were a bit too close and I wanted something wider, so I sold the 20mm and got the 14mm.

Actually, I have the 17mm too as it came with the epl3 but I've never used it. I'm planning on selling it one of these days.

I'd still like a smaller overall package so I'm thinking about getting an epm1 body if I run across one that's cheap - and then maybe eventually upgrade the epl3 to the em5 or it's replacement.

Actually, I have the 17mm too as it came with the epl3 but I've never used it. I'm planning on selling it one of these days.

I'd still like a smaller overall package so I'm thinking about getting an epm1 body if I run across one that's cheap - and then maybe eventually upgrade the epl3 to the em5 or it's replacement.

I sold my 17mm because it wasn't that great in low light. I used it to shoot bands and it struggled so I ditched it.

The EM5 while getting great reviews isn't worth the $1000 for the body. If you want a comparable camera except without the in-body stabilization I would check the Panasonic G3. With the focal lengths you are using you really don't need it and you can get a Panasonic G3 for under $350 body only. I have shot professional events with the G3 and had the work show up in print. It got hammered in reviews because everyone wanted it to be a GH2 and it wasn't but if you get it in your hands you will be shocked at how well the camera performs.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

• 1 month later...

I've given up on dragging my my D-series Nikon through Patts for a Canon S95. Great build quality, great imager, as complex as you want it to be, and small so it's always with me (which makes it the best camera to me..)

• 4 weeks later...

Have had quite good results from the Sony Cybershots over the years (see my 'Friendly Faces of Myanmar' thread).

Thought I'd give Nikon a try and have just got their P7100. A bit bulkier than what I'd been used to and only a dedicated lens, but great zoom range.

One example of the NikonP7100 here.

Not a shot to keep, but only an experiment for exposure with a lot of shade and bright light taken on full auto.

Many cameras on auto everything would have greatly overexposed the centre section with so many dark shadows around the frame!

DSCN0011.jpg

This link is a review of a recent high-end point and shoot compact.

http://www.theage.co...1003-26y43.html

It only talks about the Panasonic. If you are going to spend that much the Fuji X100 is now in that price range since the X200 is due for release so the price is dropping. If I had to pick I would go with the Fuji because of the OVF/EVF hybrid that is built-in.

Canon J1, but dissapointed with the smaller sensor and lack of 1080p. The lack of supreme quality just makes it bothersome to carry compared to just a phone. Hope to upgrade to the NEX-7 soon!!

RX-100 just arrived today ;-)

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

RX-100 just arrived today ;-)

Nice. Share some samples if you can.

I use the S100 for work and play...its the bomb

<p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">China! Because they are kicking our asses anyway so might as well enjoy the pussy!</strong></span><br />

<br />

<span style="font-size:14px;">My life in China and SEA<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2013<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2012<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/</a></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>I LOVE VORTEX :Grin3:</strong></span><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> 

I use the S100 for work and play...its the bomb

I have barely used my S100, but am planning to use it quite a bit in Pattaya (though we ALL now what they say about plans in Pattaya!)

Does anyone have suggestions on a simple guide/website that will allow me to use some of the more advanced features?

I should add that I have downloaded the guide that Canon produces, but it was like 200 pages long -- I'm looking of a "S100 for Dummies" type of thing

Does anyone have suggestions on a simple guide/website that will allow me to use some of the more advanced features?

I recommend Pattaya Days photography guide. It's not camera specific but gives you the details on how to work any type of camera with various modes. Written in easy to understand terms. http://www.pattayadays.com/photography-guide/

I have never had any interest in photography and only recently got an s100 canon. I found i had to check the dial was on the right spot when i took it out of my pocket and i took a load of bad shots with it at first but got more used to it with practice. For a trip report or just holiday memories the images are excellent i think and i am sure i shot mine in jpeg and not raw. There is no-one more technically inept than me and i still haven't read the instruction manual. (must do that)

Here are some images from captain hopeless that i think are fine for holiday snaps.

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Damm she's cute . Where you find her .

I recommend Pattaya Days photography guide. It's not camera specific but gives you the details on how to work any type of camera with various modes. Written in easy to understand terms. http://www.pattayada...tography-guide/

Thanks, Spanky -- bookmarked it and plan to read it over the next 29 days (once I hit Pattaya, I doubt I'm reading photography guides! 55555555)

• 1 month later...

just upgraded to the canon t3i rebel 18mp camera....really looking forward to the improvements on my old 8mp canon which I have been using for the past 5yrs...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004J3V90Y/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=1689300257&ref=pd_sl_31sck7mlrv_e

J

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

I upgraded from the epl3 to the em5 w the weatherproof 12-50mm. I also picked up the 45mm f1.8 and am selling the 25mm. Cant wait for my trip in a month. I don't know what the 25mm f1.4 pana-lieca lens costs in Pattaya but if someone wants it they can pm me and I can bring it.

• 2 weeks later...

for a small camera i have an olympus -14 Mega pix, works fine and also has panoramic view shot option , I recently got a DSLR, canon EOS t4i, its similar to t3i ,except for the the touch screen options and HD video. its a nice one to learn some photography and gives good pics.... i am happy with its performance !

you want a small camera that take great pic and also take video!

When I was there in April I had an ancient Nokia N95 Cameraphone which takes ok pics and videos and my "proper" camera was a Fuji XP20...Waterproof! This was a key selling point for Song Kran.

I've since upgraded both things, now using Sony Xperia Ray smartphone and bought a Sony HV20 camera. Both the phone and the camera shoot video in HD resolution which I'm looking forward to, the latter in 1080 :)

My main thing was keeping the technology pretty compact, I understand a high end camera won't fit in ones pocket but I don't really want to be lugging the hubble telescope around the bars with me!

If you want a small compact at a fair price: Canon S95 of Canon S100

If you want a small comact that gives the best quality but comes at a price: Sony RX100

If you want DSLR quality with amazing JPEGS in a smaller body: Fujifilm X-100

If you want a cheap but great DSLR: Nikon d3100/d3200 or Canon 550d

If you want the best DSLR: Canon 5d MKII/MKIII

Archived