IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

PatNewb

Booked here for September, hoping construction would be finished (the front may be close, didn't know about the back), might have to cancel and find somewhere else.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booked here for September, hoping construction would be finished (the front may be close, didn't know about the back), might have to cancel and find somewhere else.

Construction work is coming to an end.

This morning they told me it will be completed by the middle of June 2014 although i cannot guarantee the accuracy of that

Pattaya Bay Resort

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Construction work is coming to an end.

This morning they told me it will be completed by the middle of June 2014 although i cannot guarantee the accuracy of that

Pattaya Bay Resort

I'll believe it when I see it!

But I'll be there next week, so will see how certain they are about finishing in June.

My sister just stayed there and there was hardly any construction noice then.

I'm there right now and it's quiet.

When the new hotel opens, in June they hope, PBR will close for a year for a complete refurbishment.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Tapatalk

Any details on the new hotel? The web site seems devoid of any real info.

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

Any details on the new hotel? The web site seems devoid of any real info.

Very small rooms (22 sq metres) and no balconies.  But I'm told it will be "very modern" and boutique.  Rooms will be more expensive than PBR as it's a 4 star, whereas PBR is only 3 star.  I don't know anything else, other than what I posted two threads above.

Very small rooms (22 sq metres) and no balconies.  But I'm told it will be "very modern" and boutique.  Rooms will be more expensive than PBR as it's a 4 star, whereas PBR is only 3 star.  I don't know anything else, other than what I posted two threads above.

Brewster thanks for the update.

22sq meters and no balcony = 4star...WTF??? I really can't see them getting more than 3 star with tiny rooms and no balconies.

Very small rooms (22 sq metres) and no balconies. But I'm told it will be "very modern" and boutique. Rooms will be more expensive than PBR as it's a 4 star, whereas PBR is only 3 star. I don't know anything else, other than what I posted two threads above.

No way. I would not pay that amount for this type of hotel. I would rather prefer guesthouses. Big, clean and cheap.

I stayed here for 2 weeks April 2013. There was supposed to be construction going on but it never impacted me. To be honest I never seen it, maybe because it was too damn hot to work!

Thoroughly recommend the hotel though, the staff were really pleasant, breakfast was good when I woke up early enough to get it and it was really close to the action. Rooms where nice and clean, good AC. Will probably stay there again if possible in a few months unless its closed for refurbishment by then   

Booked into here for a week from may03, I liked it last time just hope the noice isn't an issue

• 1 month later...

Any update on construction noise. Do they charge for 2nd girl and how big are beds to accommodate 3.

I was supposed to stay there last night, but on checking in they told me there would be a complete electricity shutdown from 09.00 to 17.00 today!  Not due to the construction work (they said) but affecting "the district".  So, I moved to Sandy Spring instead.

The new hotel in front is far from finished, but the loud construction work looks like it's over.  It's one of the ugliest looking hotels I've ever seen!

I've taken 2 girls back myself in past years and never been charged.  However, it's in their T&Cs that a charge is made for a 2nd girl.  The beds are big enough.

I was supposed to stay there last night, but on checking in they told me there would be a complete electricity shutdown from 09.00 to 17.00 today!  Not due to the construction work (they said) but affecting "the district".  So, I moved to Sandy Spring instead.

The new hotel in front is far from finished, but the loud construction work looks like it's over.  It's one of the ugliest looking hotels I've ever seen!

I've taken 2 girls back myself in past years and never been charged.  However, it's in their T&Cs that a charge is made for a 2nd girl.  The beds are big enough.

Hello Sir, do SS have any good walk inn rates atm?

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Hello Sir, do SS have any good walk inn rates atm?

Normal prices I think. But nice rooms and girl friendly.

Normal prices I think. But nice rooms and girl friendly.

Thanks

I know i stayed there many times in the past. I was just thinking maybe they had some good low season rates.

Can confirm extra charge at PBR

500 BHT for bring 2 girls back

On their website its always stated this but has never been enforced

I have Stayed at PBR  more than 20 times( for various stays) since 2008 ,and its never been enforced until April this year

James

Booked into here for a week from may03, I liked it last time just hope the noice isn't an issue

Hi mate could you please give us an update, Is PBR still a no go? or is ok to stay there now?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the work to the new hotel right in front of the Pattaya Bay resort is now complete, and there was no disruptive noise at all during my stay there this week.  The rear of the PBR is a dumping ground for the construction sites in the area, but there was no noise from that side either during my stay.  When the condo construction at the rear starts it will get noisy again, but I'd say it's fine for the moment.

The new, "sister" hotel is due to open in August.

Confirming what Brewster says.  I stayed at PBR practically all of May, a room to the back (city) side.

New hotel has pretty much finished all the external work, they are doing the finishing touches inside, bringing in furniture, etc. No point in getting a 'beach' side room, as your view will be completely blocked by the new hotel 15 meters in front of you. Get a back/city side room where you can look out toward the east.  Noise from the dumping ground/worker housing was minimal, there will be some noise from the condos going up to the north and the security guy's whistle for traffic controlling all the incoming trucks for that construction.

Had no problems with PBR, reception staff and maids were friendly, and they have some promotion deals up on their website (stay 7 nights, get 1 free night, for example).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm there right now and it's quiet.

When the new hotel opens, in June they hope, PBR will close for a year for a complete refurbishment.

Just booked PBR for 5 days in January. Are you sure they will close it for a year - or will they keep it open and refurbish one floor at the time (and then the guests will just have to deal with the noise...)?

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Any updates on the construction work? Planning to stay there next week. But also considering areca lodge. What to choose?

No issue to raise for construction noise now.

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Guys

As many of you "older hands" are aware the forum always worked very closely with Pattaya Bay Resort in the past

They asked us to hold back on promotion until the work was complete. I do not have any updates from them but will find what I can.

Please be aware that if you book PBR via our associated website we receive a small commission. This in turn helps us with running costs but, of course no obligation. Prices via our site are IDENTICAL to those offered by PBR direct, there is no discount :(

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 1 month later...

I've stayed at PBR before and enjoyed it.  I'm thinking of staying again in about a week (so for the end of July and begining of August) 

I'm glad that it sounds like the construction is more quiet now.

Can people confirm that they now actually charge 500 THB for bringing a second girl?  This is frustrating because of the money, and also because I don't really like the idea of being challenged and harassed about what I'm doing.  Are there other good hotels people recommend if PBR isn't that great now, that are better about this?  (I also do like the good breakfast you can get until pretty late, if other places have that, though its not mandatory)  

For the people who stay there, where do you usually pick up the girls to bring back, and how do you get back to the hotel?  Do you just take a Baht Bus from Walking Street or whatnot?

Thanks!

Archived