Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

PatNewb

Hi

After a great holiday in and arround Pattaya I just wanted to make some compliments for the Pattaya Bay Resort - http://pattayabayresort.com.

We arrived arround noon with no reservations and just hoped that there would be rooms available for our little group. We were greated by 3 lovely ladies at the reception, whom spoke very understandable english. We were treated with a cool cloth towel and a nice cold fruit drink, just as they announce on their homepage. We had a little chat with them and got a great price for our 14 day stay at the hotel. 5 minutes later we had paid for our rooms and was on our way to the rooms. The rooms had a nice big bed, wonderfull AC, realsize fridge, big TV, safe, balkony and a very nice bathroom - just as descriped on the homepage. The rest of the hotel (Resturant, Fitness center, swimming pool, laundry service, business center & reading lounge) were also exactly as descriped or even better. Even more important the WiFi worked perfectly all over the hotel, all the way from the reception to the poolside.

The hotel i placed in a nice walking distance from both 2nd road and Walking Street. But the hotel also offers a free TukTuk service - just ask the nice receptionists. Furthermore they were also very helpfull with planning our holiday, just ask them a question and then they do almost everything to help you. I cannot compliment the good service at the hotel enough. The hotel is furthermore girlfriendly and they have the additional service to call and check if everything is ok when your guest leaves. Your guest can also have breakfest with you, just ask for an additional breakfast ticket. There are 5 options (different eggs) on the prepaid breakfast menu, but you can spice up the breakfast with the excellent menu from the resturant (also including poolside snacks and dinner).

All in all a great experience, and I know where I will be staying when I return to Pattaya.

Best regards

PatNewb

NO Money, NO Honey!!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because thread titles do not accept BB Code on most board, probably on this one too. But you should always be able to edit you first post and correct it. :)

I've corrected it for you... I often wonder when people do this do they think people clicking the topic title will be sent to PBR's website or the topic they have created!

A little more expensive since it changed the manager. I mean it stopped having the "stay 7 days, 6 pay". Also a little high prices for monthly rates. Also I read that it is a little noisy from other rooms because of thin walls. Is it like this?

Have you taken any photos of the rooms you stayed? I have seen the photos in the internet but photos of people stayed there are always better. If you have taken any photos please upload to see.

hahaha You wrote this like it is good for me hahaha...I dont say it would be bad to hear some specific (!) :D things from next rooms but when I want to sleep it wil be difficult...

Hmm i can agree on the walls are thin, but the only thing i could hear was when the TV was blasting out loud. But maybe I was just lucky with my neighbours :D

I didn't take any pictures of the room, but it was a standard sized hotel room with a kingsize bed and a small desktop area. Actually my room looked pretty much like the pictures on the HP, but again I might have been lucky.

NO Money, NO Honey!!!

I have stayed there twice and both times were very enjoyable. I didn't have a problem with noise from any of my neighbours.

Here's a few pics of the rooms. I couldn't find one without a tg in it, but I'm sure you don't mind !!

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

Pattsoct09 018 (1504 x 1000).jpg

I think we can manage to look at them even with TG on them. :D

But I think your pictures actually looks alot like my experience, so maybe we were just lucky with our neighbours :)

And thank you for the visual contribution to this thread.

NO Money, NO Honey!!!

I think we can manage to look at them even with TG on them. :D

Actually I had a lot of trouble with it.

I had to keep reminding myself why I was in this topic....to read the review and hopefully see some photos of the rooms.

Thanks for the great review...I know it is a fav of many a PA member.

I'm still trying to work out where to stay on my next trip and I think this review will help me decide.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

A little more expensive since it changed the manager. I mean it stopped having the "stay 7 days, 6 pay". Also a little high prices for monthly rates. Also I read that it is a little noisy from other rooms because of thin walls. Is it like this?

Have you taken any photos of the rooms you stayed? I have seen the photos in the internet but photos of people stayed there are always better. If you have taken any photos please upload to see.

Pretty sure the stay 7 pay for 6 was for low season only - after Songkran to November 1 - they put back on their website then.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any recent news on the construction noise at the mo?

How bad is it?

Thanks.

Pattaya Bay Resort has always been a fave of mine. During low season, I usually book some of the more upmarket 4* hotels - at a knock down rate. High season PBR rates are very competitive and of course its in a top location. I am back in Patts next week and am going to book...funnily enough I don't like the back rooms (always feel that they are too dark). I stayed last year at the front and although they were working right outside my window, it never bothered me.

Thanks Brewster...feedback appreciated. Last time I was there (around 4/5 months ago) the new building was halfway up. As I say, the noise really didn't bother me at all in my front-facing room. Whats the story at the back, I thought that was being developed too?

Thanks Brewster...feedback appreciated. Last time I was there (around 4/5 months ago) the new building was halfway up. As I say, the noise really didn't bother me at all in my front-facing room. Whats the story at the back, I thought that was being developed too?

I stayed there 3 weeks ago and the back was a huge dumping ground.  A little noisy during the day as big trucks were continually arriving to dump their loads.  It's also a small village of huts for the workers in the area, and there are lots of kids playing in the rubbish and making little kids playing noise!

At some time construction on the new condo will begin and then it will be very noisy.  Hopefully by then the new hotel at the front will be ready!

Construction work going on full blast at the front, same level as PBR,  back is a rubbish dump at the moment.

It was good but things change, think now it might be time to look elsewhere.

They should be offering good deals to get customers to stay there.

Archived