IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

PatNewb

I lived on the PBR at the end of February. The construction is very loud and they start very early. Good hotel if you are an early riser if you like to sleep after 07:00 select a different hotel at the moment.

Normally, I really like PBR, but for my July trip I choose another hotel as I do not think the construction is finished

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your help all ,i like the look of PBR and i think i will book this one i'll find out if construction is still going on before i go .

I read trip advisor customer report  when they arte finished at the front they are then starting at the back more building work , I don't think it such a  wonderful hotel to have to bother with until all the construction its  finished , off my list anyway just saying .

I read trip advisor customer report  when they arte finished at the front they are then starting at the back more building work , I don't think it such a  wonderful hotel to have to bother with until all the construction its  finished , off my list anyway just saying .

The work at the back is nothing to do with the hotel, unlike the work at the front. But, yes, as has been stated on numerous occasions, a huge condo development is to start construction soon and it's likely to be very disruptive.

At pbr location, there is full construction now.

i stayed 2 times.but last time the hotel full of indian or eastern arap families.

These families behaviors is very strange.they not close room door all day until night.they use the coridor like their home.

I said this situation many times to hotel stuff.but nothin

change.

Kids playing at hotel coridors all day.

Also construction starts at 0700.

So the hotel management should decrease prices for singles or make promotion for pattaya addicts.

At pbr location, there is full construction now.<br />i stayed 2 times.but last time the hotel full of indian or eastern arap families.<br />These families behaviors is very strange.they not close room door all day until night.they use the coridor like their home.<br />I said this situation many times to hotel stuff.but nothin<br /> change.<br />Kids playing at hotel coridors all day.<br /><br />Also construction starts at 0700.<br /><br />So the hotel management should decrease prices for singles or make promotion for pattaya addicts.

in this case you mentioned hotel should pay to me:D

the hotel has slipped downhill . the review scores are good because of  its past. current its score wont even cross 6/10 mark

I just stayed at Pattaya Bar Resort 26FEB-05MAR. I've stayed at this hotel on my previous two trips. Reason being, it does have a good, central location. Easy walking distance to either beach road or soi buakhow (and not too far of a walk to walking street). The draw of this hotel was that it was very quiet at night, away from the night time noise (and it still is quiet). However, the construction IS an issue. Although if you get a room on the back side of the hotel (even # rooms) then it's not too bad. 

I also like this hotel because they offer breakfast between 7-11am each morning (if you buy the room w/ breakfast plan then it's free). They also have really good wifi throughout the entire hotel, a small rooftop swimming pool, small gym, computers in the lobby to use, a tuktuk service that will take you to soi buakhow or 2nd road, easy cancellation policy, clean rooms, in-room safe, decent bathroom, king size beds, good maid service, laundry service, good security, and no charge to bring a girl to your room. Lots of things I usually take for granted at hotels in the US, but forget that these are included in the price of the room in Thailand.

I was having a hard time sleeping anyway (usually out until 5-6am every night) and with the jet lag, I never really got comfortable. Anyway, the hotel is still a nice option. I don't have much to compare it to, though. Here are a couple pics I took...

pbr1.jpg

pbr2.jpg

At pbr location, there is full construction now.

i stayed 2 times.but last time the hotel full of indian or eastern arap families.

These families behaviors is very strange.they not close room door all day until night.they use the coridor like their home.

I said this situation many times to hotel stuff.but nothin

change.

Kids playing at hotel coridors all day.

Also construction starts at 0700.

So the hotel management should decrease prices for singles or make promotion for pattaya addicts.

Enough reasons to give this a miss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

That's the one to wait for , new and Improved ,  but for now PBR off the list

I have stayed there many times and yes you can hear everything going on in the next rooms.

That's fucking great just have a wank saves a lot of money

I just stayed at Pattaya Bar Resort 26FEB-05MAR. I've stayed at this hotel on my previous two trips. Reason being, it does have a good, central location. Easy walking distance to either beach road or soi buakhow (and not too far of a walk to walking street). The draw of this hotel was that it was very quiet at night, away from the night time noise (and it still is quiet). However, the construction IS an issue. Although if you get a room on the back side of the hotel (even # rooms) then it's not too bad. 

I also like this hotel because they offer breakfast between 7-11am each morning (if you buy the room w/ breakfast plan then it's free). They also have really good wifi throughout the entire hotel, a small rooftop swimming pool, small gym, computers in the lobby to use, a tuktuk service that will take you to soi buakhow or 2nd road, easy cancellation policy, clean rooms, in-room safe, decent bathroom, king size beds, good maid service, laundry service, good security, and no charge to bring a girl to your room. Lots of things I usually take for granted at hotels in the US, but forget that these are included in the price of the room in Thailand.

I was having a hard time sleeping anyway (usually out until 5-6am every night) and with the jet lag, I never really got comfortable. Anyway, the hotel is still a nice option. I don't have much to compare it to, though. Here are a couple pics I took...

pbr1.jpg

pbr2.jpg

Great pics thanks

PBR WAS my go to place before it was sold-haven't visited since.

This is the funniest line I have read in quite some time."Breakfast is served from 7-11am.If you buy the room with breakfast plan then its free."

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

This is the funniest line I have read in quite some time."Breakfast is served from 7-11am.If you buy the room with breakfast plan then its free."

Was thinking the same thing.

Any member from pbr hotel management?

We want discount for standart rooms for pattaya addicts members.

We support pbr very much in this forum when it is 990 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to checking out the new sister hotel when its finished

170 rooms on 6-7 floors...8 floors in the building... 8th floor has the pool and other restaurant area... Looks like ground floor (floor #1 btw) has parking and new lobby area...

Do the math... looking into the new building the rooms look uber small... and no balcony... much smaller than the old building...

btw: the old building is definitely show cracks developed due to the new building... you can see some really bad cracks by the emergency door exit by the pool... and near the pillars by the motorbike parking area...

NOISE in the front is the same... NOISE in the back has increased due to new condo construction by Acrea(sp?) lodge and the soi...  they are working late into the night...  also the condo dumping ground is also in the back... and you can hear that all day/night...

No discounts as this is high season... and they charge higher rates on the weekend (aka 107b surcharge)... High season rates till May (I think)...

Not so strange, the hotel is less than half full...

Their wifi still sucks...  throughput speed is less than 50kb/sec (during the day)... maybe around 100kb/sec after 11pm...  the way they have it wired is the problem (along with the hotel only purchasing the cheapest plan from their provider)... the rooms above share 1 line of the first router split...

... and the line is not quite true... If you book via Agoda, other hotel reservation sites... bkfast is excluded... so it may be a few baht cheaper, but that is why...

170 rooms on 6-7 floors...8 floors in the building... 8th floor has the pool and other restaurant area... Looks like ground floor (floor #1 btw) has parking and new lobby area...

Do the math... looking into the new building the rooms look uber small... and no balcony... much smaller than the old building...

btw: the old building is definitely show cracks developed due to the new building... you can see some really bad cracks by the emergency door exit by the pool... and near the pillars by the motorbike parking area...

NOISE in the front is the same... NOISE in the back has increased due to new condo construction by Acrea(sp?) lodge and the soi...  they are working late into the night...  also the condo dumping ground is also in the back... and you can hear that all day/night...

No discounts as this is high season... and they charge higher rates on the weekend (aka 107b surcharge)... High season rates till May (I think)...

Their wifi still sucks...  throughput speed is less than 50kb/sec (during the day)... maybe around 100kb/sec after 11pm...  the way they have it wired is the problem (along with the hotel only purchasing the cheapest plan from their provider)... the rooms above share 1 line of the first router split...

Thanks for the update Buddy.

I don't disagree with any of that, yet I continue to stay there at least twice a month!  Old habits die hard.  I guess when the work at the back starts in earnest, I may have to find an alternative.  But it's just so easy staying somewhere that you know well, and where they know you!  They offer you free earplugs when you check in which is a nice touch!

I don't disagree with any of that, yet I continue to stay there at least twice a month!  Old habits die hard.  I guess when the work at the back starts in earnest, I may have to find an alternative.  But it's just so easy staying somewhere that you know well, and where they know you!  They offer you free earplugs when you check in which is a nice touch!

me too... too lazy to go searching in earnest...

BUT... appears when they open the new building, they will renovate the old...  I bet ya, their rates will be the same or higher for a smaller room>???  If so, that will get my lazy ass in gear to stay elsewhere...

They say June now for new opening...

Archived