IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

PatNewb

Construction work going on full blast at the front, same level as PBR,  back is a rubbish dump at the moment.

It was good but things change, think now it might be time to look elsewhere.

They should be offering good deals to get customers to stay there.

You have a strange idea of what a good deal is: (their high season quote)

Room Rate :

1,647.- Thai Baht Net per room per night(s),(Inc7%Tax and Breakfast)

Room Weekend Rate (Fri-Sat) :

1,754.- Thai Baht Net per room per night(s),(Inc7%Tax and Breakfast)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a strange idea of what a good deal is: (their high season quote)

Room Rate :

1,647.- Thai Baht Net per room per night(s),(Inc7%Tax and Breakfast)

Room Weekend Rate (Fri-Sat) :

1,754.- Thai Baht Net per room per night(s),(Inc7%Tax and Breakfast)

? i never mentioned anything about their room rate, only that customers might expect a good deal to put up with the disruptions caused by the building work going on.

PBR is a good central location for visiting WS, soi Buakhao, Second Road,  the beach.

All quiet there last night (back room).  They're offering a 15% discount on published prices while the construction work is going on. However, they may not be publicising it very effectively, if at all!!

All quiet there last night (back room).  They're offering a 15% discount on published prices while the construction work is going on. However, they may not be publicising it very effectively, if at all!!

Brewster,

where did you hear about the current 15% discount?? I emailed them yesterday. And the stated they ARE NOT doing any discounts at the moment. Shame as I might have twisted my arm. I think there standard rate is a little high.

Brewster,

where did you hear about the current 15% discount?? I emailed them yesterday. And the stated they ARE NOT doing any discounts at the moment. Shame as I might have twisted my arm. I think there standard rate is a little high.

It might be for regulars only, or they might have recently stopped doing it. I'll check.

It might be for regulars only, or they might have recently stopped doing it. I'll check.

Thanks mate

A little more expensive since it changed the manager. I mean it stopped having the "stay 7 days, 6 pay". Also a little high prices for monthly rates. Also I read that it is a little noisy from other rooms because of thin walls. Is it like this?

Have you taken any photos of the rooms you stayed? I have seen the photos in the internet but photos of people stayed there are always better. If you have taken any photos please upload to see.

Must agree the walls seem to have no sound proofing extremely thin and difficult to sleep at night.Stayed there for  month in 2011.  

Currently in Patts...I thought long and hard about booking PBR, but on balance I have decided to rest my weary head at a very agreeable guest house in Soi Lenkee.

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning a trip and this was the hotel i was thinking of staying at , if i book for a month i'm stuck there if i don't like it . Anyone stayed here who has moved on to somewhere else ? or is this ok  ?? much appreciated .....

Also for anyone that has stayed at Pattaya By Resort ,is a standard room ok ? also i don't really want to go to a hotel that is full of families as i'm going alone . 

Joey - PBR is an outstanding hotel for the money...the only issue is the current building work, perhaps Brewster or another BM can give us an update?

Thanks Lottelee it looks good ,they say on their website the building is due to be finished in June 14

Joey: The + points are:

* Location: 2minutes to The avenue shop complex/second road and 5 - 10 min walk to soi Diana/LK/Buhakow

* Free shuttle bus

* Roof top pool

* Spotlessly clean

* Good Brekky

" Outstanding receptionists, great customer service

* Good value

* Very girl friendly

The minus points:

* Building work

* Slightly dated rooms

* Gym is limited

I have stayed many times and really enjoyed my time there.

Thanks for the info ,did you have a standard room Lee ? and is it full of families ??

Joey - PBR is an outstanding hotel for the money...the only issue is the current building work, perhaps Brewster or another BM can give us an update?

Just had 2 nights there.  3rd floor back facing room.  No noise of note, although there is a lot of dumping going on at the condo development site at the back.

Thanks Lottelee it looks good ,they say on their website the building is due to be finished in June 14

The main construction of the new hotel at the front might be done by then, although I doubt it will be completely finished.  When the work at the back starts it will be very noisy!

Thanks for the info ,did you have a standard room Lee ? and is it full of families ??

It's not generally a family hotel, although there are more families staying there than there were in it's glory monger days under Dr Kim!  I've noticed a lot of Russians, Indian and Middle Eastern people staying there recently.

Thanks brewster ,i'm still not sure when i'm going so maybe the building work will be over by then ,its not something that would bother me that much as long as its not at night .

Another question ,do you use room safes in the hotel at Pattaya Bay Resort ,is it safe to keep your cash there ?

plus have any of you used the airport pick up service they provide ?

Another question ,do you use room safes in the hotel at Pattaya Bay Resort ,is it safe to keep your cash there ?

plus have any of you used the airport pick up service they provide ?

All the rooms have room safes and security generally is excellent.  The safes are small though and a normal size laptop won't fit.  I've left my laptop out on the desk in the room may times without any problems.

Archived