Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

PatNewb

Me too.  They were nice enough to upgrade me to the Presidential Suite for my last stay there, and I would still stay there if I didn't have my own house.  There is no noise at the front, although the proximity of the Ozo is horribly close, but the back side will be a no go for a year or so, assuming PBR doesn't close for a refurbishment next year.

Brewster - Presidential Suite upgrade...nice touch by PBR. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewster - Presidential Suite upgrade...nice touch by PBR. 

Yes I got an upgrade 3 years ago because they had booked the suite I had booked. Started to give them a hard time until I realised I was being upgraded then quickly changed tack.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort (PBR) from 2-14 Nov 2014.  Construction in the rear of PBR was just beginning on the condo/hotel project called Golden Tulip hotel & Residence Pattaya built by the Tulip Group.  The Tulip Group link below shows construction photos as of 18 Dec 2014.  Image 2of14 shows an aerial view of the rear of PBR and the Tulip Group sales office and shows how small PBR will be in relation to this condo/hotel project.  Image 7of14 shows a photo of the Mercure hotel, PBR and the recently completed OZO hotel which was built in front of PBR.  When I was there in Nov, there were no cranes erected on the site.

http://www.pattayacityresidence.com/construction.php

Construction teams and equipment fully on site. Piling will continue on the remaining towers whilst the towers where piling is complete, we will begin to excavate these piles to begin basement and underground car park levels

Also, the female manager said PBR was contemplating closing for refurbishment in 2015 but it was not definite as of Nov 2014.  I think new OZO hotel, the 100 room Centara hotel (across Soi 15 and next to Areca) scheduled for completion in 2015, and this project which will include a 200 room hotel scheduled for completion in 2016 is forcing PBR to refurbish to keep up with competition in the area.

I stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort (PBR) from 2-14 Nov 2014.  Construction in the rear of PBR was just beginning on the condo/hotel project called Golden Tulip Hotel & Residence Pattaya built by the Tulip Group.  The Tulip Group link below shows construction photos as of 18 Dec 2014.  Image 2of14 shows an aerial view of the rear of PBR and the Tulip Group sales office and shows how small PBR will be in relation to this condo/hotel project.  Image 7of14 shows a photo of the Mercure Hotel, PBR and the recently completed OZO hotel which was built in front of PBR.  When I was there in Nov, there were no cranes erected on the site.

Construction teams and equipment fully on site. Piling will continue on the remaining towers whilst the towers where piling is complete, we will begin to excavate these piles to begin basement and underground car park levels

Also, the female manager said PBR was contemplating closing for refurbishment in 2015 but it was not definite as of Nov 2014.  I think new OZO hotel, the 100 room Centara hotel (across soi 15 and next to Areca) scheduled for completion in 2015, and this project which will include a 200 room hotel scheduled for completion in 2016 is forcing PBR to refurbish to keep up with competition in the area.

Thanks for the update mate. PBR holds many fond memories for me. That said, it is long overdue a spot of modernisation.

Bookmark

Was there thru mid Dec...

Construction and footing (aka pounding of pillars) in full swing...  Pounding began @ 8am sharp... with much noise beginning much earlier (around 7am from the shantys next to the PBR wall)...

Given the noise thru Ozo's construction... it aint going to be any quieter...  (I noticed the noise refection off the Ozo building to the front side too...)

Regarding PBR refurbish... They won't be closing, but will be doing it floor by floor... (at least that is what they said early Dec)...

THEY DO need a continued income stream after all...

Was there thru mid Dec...

Construction and footing (aka pounding of pillars) in full swing...  Pounding began @ 8am sharp... with much noise beginning much earlier (around 7am from the shantys next to the PBR wall)...

Given the noise thru Ozo's construction... it aint going to be any quieter...  (I noticed the noise refection off the Ozo building to the front side too...)

Regarding PBR refurbish... They won't be closing, but will be doing it floor by floor... (at least that is what they said early Dec)...

THEY DO need a continued income stream after all...

Many thanks for the update mate.

2017 the construction behind on the golden tulip will finish

Was inquiring about a condo yesterday

This is a huge project btw so best to avoid pbr if noise is an issue

cheers for this, had considered going back to PBR but thats just made it a no no for my trip in oct

Thanks for the update! I am trying to sort a hotel for mid-Jan, and have had a couple of great stays here before the construction started last year. However, I will probably look elsewhere at the moment!

was in PBR in November 2014.

the room was very clean, big enough, big bed and clean bathroom. Wifi was very good, when it crashed i go to the reception and they call me back in a few minutes to say it was fixed. swimming pool on the roof top and very nice breakfast. As far as noise is concerned, walls are thin so you can hear pretty well what happens around at night and work in progress during the day. So if you are sensitive to noise it might be an issue. IMO it was very nice and the hotel is pretty central !

this is a bad pic mainly due to the sun being in completely the wrong place but i was too lazy to move round the golden tulip site to get a better angle.

they still have 5 pile driving rigs there but these 2 tower cranes have only recently appeared.

the pattaya bay resort is off to the right.......

jan 2 193_800x600.jpg

went back today to flank the site from the other side and do the job properly

jan 4 037_800x559.jpg

5 pile drivers, 2 cranes 1 big site and 1 pink pattaya bay resort on the left

I'm here at the moment. I've a room facing soi buakhao direction, looking directly at the construction site. There's noise from around 7pm but nothing that'd keep me awake. And Im a fairly light sleeper. Staff still as friendly as ever

• 1 month later...

I have stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort for the last four years. During May when I plan to go its 1200baht a night. I will probably stay there again but if I can't can anyone recommend any other good hotels in central or South Pattaya that are girl friendly, have a pool and that are 1200 or less a night.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody could give me an update on the 'noise ' due to construction work at PBR ?

Here is a link to the builder’s website link (Golden Tulip) which provides updates on the construction activity with photos or videos.  The link below is their 23 Feb 2015 video update on construction which shows concrete work starting on the ground floor away from PBR, but eventually it will move closer to PBR.

I have stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort for the last four years. During May when I plan to go its 1200baht a night. I will probably stay there again but if I can't can anyone recommend any other good hotels in central or South Pattaya that are girl friendly, have a pool and that are 1200 or less a night.

Nature View on Soi Buakhao the top of the road that Pattaya Bay is on is a reasonable hotel in that price range that has a pool and are girl friendly!

Anybody could give me an update on the 'noise ' due to construction work at PBR ?

8:45am today... Pile driving started... can hear it quite clearly...  grrr

Construction next door started on the opposite side of the lot (from PBR)... but making their way around their fence (clockwise)...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they are still charging extra if you bring a second 'guest'. In 2014 and  last year I got charged for bringing a second 'guest' and it was not even two guests at once it was second 'guest' I brought back on the same night about 3 hours later.

• 4 weeks later...

Little pictorial update taken today from the south. PBR is the pink building to the left

april 3 033 (Custom).JPG

dunno why the wall was knocked down

april 3 034 (Custom).JPG

april 3 035 (Custom).JPG

first of the golden tulip condo blocks going up fast

april 3 036 (Custom).JPG

april 3 038 (Custom).JPG

april 3 037 (Custom).JPG

Thanks for the pictorial update mate. Looks like mega building work behind PBR and Mercure?

Thanks for the pictorial update mate. Looks like mega building work behind PBR and Mercure?

it is a big site. 4 star hotel to front Soi 15 in the distance and either a 6 or 7 (cannot remember) condo block complex behind.

the last pic the building with the cranes on top and partly masked in grey covers is condo called the base behind the lk renaissance in soi diana

it is a big site. 4 star hotel to front soi 15 in the distance and either a 6 or 7 (cannot remember) condo block complex behind.

the last pic the building with the cranes on top and partly masked in grey covers is condo called the base behind the lk renaissance in soi diana

Thanks mate...I used to love PBR. However, with all the work there its 24 7 in soi Honey for me.

Does anyone know if they are still charging extra if you bring a second 'guest'. In 2014 and  last year I got charged for bringing a second 'guest' and it was not even two guests at once it was second 'guest' I brought back on the same night about 3 hours later.

Isnt it typical put up the price and harden the rules when services are below par. Does depend on the front staff if you are charged or that was the rules prior.

Archived