IGNORED

Forum Upgraded

LaaMok

Yes I bloody love it.

Still getting used to it but its super.

Thanks to the top brass I am a happy member.

Root Admin & all the Mods keep up the good work & thank you as always.

Thai Hot.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edge

• 7-Eleven

• LaaMok

• Paddy Od

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Click or hover on your username at the top right, choose my settings then notification options. Check that the correct boxes have been ticked.

Yup, I did that early yesterday. The only way I'm getting udates is to find the thread, "unfollow" and then set it up to follow again.

However, that Content | Follow link in the profile dropdown will probably suffice to replace a million emails.

Sorry about the wait, please report any problems here. Still alot of work to do.

LaaMok, love the new format but have noticed that the "Back to top" (of page) on the bottom left hand side is missing...

I used this quite frequently especially when viewing many photo threads....Was it left out for any reason? Or maybe i can't see it?

Cheers,

felix.

LaaMok, love the new format but have noticed that the "Back to top" (of page) on the bottom left hand side is missing...

I used this quite frequently especially when viewing many photo threads....Was it left out for any reason? Or maybe i can't see it?

Cheers,

felix.

Near the bottom of the page in the centre...

post-11269-0-03336200-1320144216.jpg

Or just hit the home button on your keyboard!

its taking time to get used to it...

i think its gonna be better on the long term :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Near the bottom of the page in the centre...

Untitled-1.jpg

Or just hit the home button on your keyboard!

Cheers Serpentine....know wonder i didn't see it, have to place the cursor on top to highlight the arrow :Oops1:

Hi, like the new format but i am using a ridiculously small monitor, and the pages are not re-sizing so have to scroll left/right to read them.

It has taken me a few days to get use to it and i would have to say "Job well done" many thanks :Bravo1:

my time counter got screwed up after the change, anyone knows how to fix it?

my time counter got screwed up after the change, anyone knows how to fix it?

Some of us might pay money to get rid of those counters. :P

I only said might lol. :hello09:

Well i have been playing with the new update for a few days now and i hate change, but after the last update i have to say that this

time for me the it was fairly painless.

I use chrome, the board looks a lot cleaner, the pages load quicker, replying to posts quicker., pic,s loading quicker.

So from my location, a big thumbs up for the update. fred.. :07: (sorry couldn't find a thumbs up, hope this will do)

Sorry about the wait, please report any problems here. Still alot of work to do.

Thanks for the forum. Pics in posts appear as ?and don't download to my phone. No problem previosly before update.

Cheers,

Hi. Where do i find the option to hankschange forum to mobile version. Im having to zoom in/out on my samsung galaxy android which is annoying.

Thanks.

Found it. Look and ye shall find.

Is there any way to make it automatically come on phone version instead having to press phone version every time i log on?

I just posted a link, and when I copied the original article and pictures and pasted them, everything was pasted. On the old board, the pictures would not directly copy and paste, you'd have to insert it in, so this automatic format feature is very awesome.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Well done for being ioline... such an upgrade can mess up things big time!

The pics are not being scaled down in the new template.

I suggest editing the attachment templates (or the CSS, I don't know IPB at all) and to use the max-width style property on them.

And yeah... I miss the paperclip too.

Edited by manarak

Good upgrade

A person's signature block can be hidden - cross on mouse over with options to hide individual or hide all

How do you then unhide the signature block?

Thanks

Found the answer - stop looking :GoldenSmile1:

:001_Thank_You5:

Edited by pcliff69

Good upgrade

A person's signature block can be hidden - cross on mouse over with options to hide individual or hide all

How do you then unhide the signature block?

Thanks

Found the answer - stop looking :GoldenSmile1:

:001_Thank_You5:

For anyone else wondering -- Link.

For anyone else wondering -- Link.

Ooh Goody Gumdrops!

Lots to do now - feckin Countdown Clocks. :SoWhat1:

The pics are not being scaled down in the new template.

I suggest editing the attachment templates (or the CSS, I don't know IPB at all) and to use the max-width style property on them.

Actually, I think the admins shouldn't do this. Part of the problem with the older site was that people would stick ridiculously-sized images up on the site - 8-10 megapixels seemed to be the norm - and that just killed performance. Since the images were sized-down to fit the width, the users may not have noticed that they were really wasting bandwidth and clogging the arteries of this system.

Unless there's an automatic resampling function (eg, using imagemagik to set a maximum size, eg 800x600) or a filter that sets a size limit on uploads, I say don't scale images with css - let them reflect their true size and hopefully users here will be a bit more careful with uploads.

Remember - we're all in this together! ;)

Edited by Woofiee

I'm also getting used to the changes (and truly no-one likes change - we only change because we have to, so give it a few weeks, guys) but I do understand the feeling of disorientation concerning the new user interface. It's cleaner, but also think some functionality is either missing or made manual, so now it "feels" harder to use than before.

My personal gripe: Finding what's new. I have my side filters set to show all new content, but when I click on a thread I used to jump to the first unread post automatically. Now I have to let the page load (images and all), then go to the text link and then jump forward to the correct place...the system used to do this all itself, but now the process involves more waiting for the user, some extra interaction that ends up be needlessly repetitive (and repetitive = annoying) and a bunch of unnecessary data transfer per-click.

Is this interaction going to be the norm or will you be able to return the old functionality to reading new threads?

Is it a conscious decision to no longer show the joined date?

I don't know if it was just me, but when combined with post numbers it allowed some sort of subconscious calculation of the likely worth of a BM's post.

Edit - Yes I know it's still in the Profile, but I mean when posting 'from the hip' so to speak i.e. it used to be shown here in the thread.

My personal gripe: Finding what's new. I have my side filters set to show all new content, but when I click on a thread I used to jump to the first unread post automatically. Now I have to let the page load (images and all), then go to the text link and then jump forward to the correct place...the system used to do this all itself, but now the process involves more waiting for the user, some extra interaction that ends up be needlessly repetitive (and repetitive = annoying) and a bunch of unnecessary data transfer per-click.

Is this interaction going to be the norm or will you be able to return the old functionality to reading new threads?

Click the blue circle to the left of the topic title, or the star which just means you've made a post in the topic. This will take you to the first unread post.

sgu_banner.gif