Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Forum Upgraded

LaaMok

The forum looks good with a new lick of paint, like the GF in a new dress; everything tidier at the top in particular.

The quick reply box is a welcome addition, although it's an extra click to attach a file or imbed a youtube clip & it's 3 clicks & some furious tapping of the > key to insert an emoticon, unless you know the name. :tosspots:

Also I still can't zoom / resize (control++) in Firefox without losing some of the right hand side.

The filter options in new content are a double edged sword. I accidentally clicked 'just items i follow' & was foxed for ages when nothing came up. I like the option to filter by 'unread' or 'since last visit' as I missed a lot of content previously.

EDIT: Also don't like the way you have to click the tiny spot / star to the left of a topic title to go to the latest unread post. Previously on the few occasions I wanted to do this I'd just click (page) '1'. Can this be changed?

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edge

• 7-Eleven

• LaaMok

• Paddy Od

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EDIT: Also don't like the way you have to click the tiny spot / star to the left of a topic title to go to the latest unread post. Previously on the few occasions I wanted to do this I'd just click (page) '1'. Can this be changed?

I mentioned this myself a few weeks back, but thought I'd give the site a proper tryout before claiming it's not right...

..guess what? It's really not right. Having to click that little spot is really annoying me.

The problem is that it's just not right. Nearly every board I've ever been on knows that when I have a list of new posts, the user expect to be transported to the newest posts. Getting the list and then clicking, and then finding you're not actually looking at new posts is disorienting and wasteful of bandwidth, on both sides (mobile users like me will really bitch about this…)

And I think IPB knows it too - seriously, why else would you put 2 links that do the same thing (the dot and the "first unanswered post" link) right next to the item that doesn't work right? IPB.. it just doesn't make any sense.

anyone had problems on safari or osx?

last thursday-ish i found i couldn't start a new thread using osx tiger and safari as the text box was [and still is] blued out. in other words, all the light blue color that frames the page/text box had bled to the text box itself.

no probs i'll email laamok and let him know. except the pm write text box is blued out too.

no probs i'll post a reply and let people know my plight. except pressing the reply button does nowt.

checked what software the board uses, google it no one else reporting probs.

tried all my other forums. all ok save one. that uses the same software.

tried resetting, tried logging in and out. no joy.

finally today i loaded firefox instead and it's all ok.

safari still effed though.

I can not seem to get email alerts anymore. Am i the only one still having this issue?

No, I'm having problems with it too. When the upgrade was first made, I stopped getting any update notifications (my preference was set for daily digest). I switched all to instant notification alerts and started getting notifications again, which were sent whenever a new post is posted. But I don't like instant because my phone is constantly telling me I've got new email. I prefer to review the new post once a day. So I switched back to daily digest and now I don't get any notifications.

I've unsubscribed, subscribed anew, nothing makes a difference. I've even subscribed to new threads, still not notifications when set to daily digest. My browser is Firefox, don't know if that's an issue. I'm also a member of the PI forum, there I get update notices without any problems. But they haven't updated the forum software there yet.

I can not seem to get email alerts anymore. Am i the only one still having this issue?

I too have asked to be notified daily of updates on topics I want to follow...and used to get updates every day...but since the upgrade, I dont get email updates anymore, not even for new threads I have asked updates for

anyone had problems on safari or osx?

last thursday-ish i found i couldn't start a new thread using osx tiger and safari as the text box was [and still is] blued out. in other words, all the light blue color that frames the page/text box had bled to the text box itself.

no probs i'll email laamok and let him know. except the pm write text box is blued out too.

no probs i'll post a reply and let people know my plight. except pressing the reply button does nowt.

checked what software the board uses, google it no one else reporting probs.

tried all my other forums. all ok save one. that uses the same software.

tried resetting, tried logging in and out. no joy.

finally today i loaded firefox instead and it's all ok.

safari still effed though.

so

i come home tonight and try safari and it's back to normal. i'm posting from it now.

No, I'm having problems with it too. When the upgrade was first made, I stopped getting any update notifications (my preference was set for daily digest). I switched all to instant notification alerts and started getting notifications again, which were sent whenever a new post is posted. But I don't like instant because my phone is constantly telling me I've got new email. I prefer to review the new post once a day. So I switched back to daily digest and now I don't get any notifications.

I've unsubscribed, subscribed anew, nothing makes a difference. I've even subscribed to new threads, still not notifications when set to daily digest. My browser is Firefox, don't know if that's an issue. I'm also a member of the PI forum, there I get update notices without any problems. But they haven't updated the forum software there yet.

ok great as i dont want to be the only one. Instant notification are no good as it is way to many emails......i hope they can sort this out

I just want to say congratulations and a big thanks to LaaMok and all of the mods for the new forum. Guys, you have done an outstanding job. There is loads more functionality (I have barely started to scratch the surface with this), and it looks really good on my iPhone.

Keep up the good, no, great work!

I have been having problems with the "view new content" functionality - it keeps coming up empty

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

LaaMok,

It's taken me a little time to get used to the new look forum, don't have as much spare time a s I used to have, looks good though.

One thing that is missing from this version, that the old version had, is a back to the top tab, very handy for when you are down around the bottom and the wife walks in, a click on the back to the top tab, reveals nothing on it's way back to the top.

Any chance of adding one, ta thank you very much.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it was there before or not, but anyone wondering about the issue I raised above, look dead centre, right below the last of the white part and you will see an arrow pointing up, that is the back to the top tab in this version.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

• 1 month later...

Im gettin TONS of these all the time:

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Here are some suggestions:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

• 1 month later...

Today after about four months daily topic digesr started working.Glad you guys figured it out.

"View New Content" doesn't seem to work (shows me nothing new, no matter what), and there are TWO "Forums" links in the navigation bar on top.

Some hiccups?

In the forum emails I'm getting, I get "%s replied to %s"

Somebody has been playing....

I'm guessing email notification is lower on the priority lists of things to do. Forum up and running first.

• 5 months later...

FYI. The mobile version doesn't seems to work anymore. The forum list and the topic list loads fine. But get no content when clicked on a topic/thread.

Raj