IGNORED

Forum Upgraded

LaaMok

At this point I see the improvements but I also miss the simplicity of the old. I always try and give something new a good couple of weeks to give a solid opinion.

So far I do like the quick links at the top of the page, very simple to get where you want to go.

Still trying to get used to all the other improvements.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edge

• 7-Eleven

• LaaMok

• Paddy Od

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:OMFG: Sorry to say - gave it a couple of days to try to get used to it,but have to admit - i hate it......................

Depending how much time you put in, but even then, I think 2 days is a ridiculously short time to form such an opinion.

Apparently you are just here for the pics, so the missing paper clip (for now?) is a big issue for you. :10:

Personally I haven't decided about the Emoticons, but I didn't like the previous method so I'm hoping I can get on better with this one.

It will take all of us time to get used to the changes and some of us will inevitably take longer than others. :rolleyes:

There are many improvements and it will take time to find them too.

There will be a few glitches and modifications required I expect, but for now Admin' are entitled to sit back and take a breather, having managed to upgrade this time almost seamlessly.

Well done. :Clap9:

I think 25 is just the default. Those who have noticed seem to have had it set at 40 before?

Well, when the new version came up, I only got 12 per page. So 25 is better.

Well, when the new version came up, I only got 12 per page. So 25 is better.

OK, sorry, I didn't see it do that.

I'll settle for 25. I was running on 40 before, which was good in some ways......until some clown posted a batch of non re-sized pics which seized up the whole page for me. :hello09:

Nice, I like the less cluttered look. Also, formats real nicely on the iPhone.

While this is the mobile theme form iP.board, you might want to look at the mobile style from Aqua-Soft - it's a seriously well-designed mobile skin:

http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/topic/54204-aqua-soft-mobile-2-for-ipb-31-released/

I'm no longer getting my daily digests of threads I've subscribed to.

All in all a great improvement.

I, for one, was very disappointed with the previous upgrade in which I saw only few improvements and many downsides.

A huge improvement is the sorting of searches. The previous version could not sort by date whatever you tried, but6 this version does a great job.

The only complaint I have about the new version is the left pane when viewing list of new topics. The pane height is about 10-15% of the height of the content leaving a great part of the screen white as you scroll down. The links IMO would be better placed on the top of the screen.

Looking at the option in the left pane such as "unread", "last 24 hours", etc., is it possible to create an option for listing threads that you have posted in. Often my first look when I sign on is to look for threads where I have responded (or have a dialog going). I know other forums that have an option like that.

The one thing I miss from the older version is the availability of "standard view" when posting (no RTF). With the current version if you type {url= ... the past a url it creates an instant link rather than letting me type it and make my title. Instead it requires me to use the link button in the tool bar and do things backwards.

Anyway the last three comments are meant more as welcomed suggestions for improvements, the new software really does correct/improve many issues.

I, for one, was very disappointed with the previous upgrade ..........................................

The links IMO would be better placed on the top of the screen.

Looking at the option in the left pane such as "unread", "last 24 hours", etc., is it possible to create an option for..................

Anyway the last three comments are meant more as welcomed suggestions for improvements, the new software really does correct/improve many issues.

I may be talking bollox here, but as I understand it, Admin' haven't written the upgrade, they bought it from 'Invision'.

I believe there are lots of different options to choose from, but I don't think they can write new ones.

If you know of options that other Invision forums use, then it might be a valid Q to ask why PA does not.

Constructive as your suggestions might be, if they are not currently available options then someone would have to get Invision to listen.

If I've got that wrong then no doubt someone will shoot me down and I'll shut TFU. :hello09:

I haven't read the 5 pages already posted so i'm not sure if this has already been mentioned.

When you re-open a thread it used to remember where you closed it last time and start from the new posts, now they always open on the OP.

I, for one, was very disappointed with the previous upgrade in which I saw only few improvements and many downsides.

A huge improvement is the sorting of searches. The previous version could not sort by date whatever you tried, but6 this version does a great job.

The only complaint I have about the new version is the left pane when viewing list of new topics. The pane height is about 10-15% of the height of the content leaving a great part of the screen white as you scroll down. The links IMO would be better placed on the top of the screen.

Looking at the option in the left pane such as "unread", "last 24 hours", etc., is it possible to create an option for listing threads that you have posted in. Often my first look when I sign on is to look for threads where I have responded (or have a dialog going). I know other forums that have an option like that.

The one thing I miss from the older version is the availability of "standard view" when posting (no RTF). With the current version if you type {url= ... the past a url it creates an instant link rather than letting me type it and make my title. Instead it requires me to use the link button in the tool bar and do things backwards.

At the top of the page is a icon called "follow this topic" , it's on the right side of your screen just above where the first post starts.

I haven't read the 5 pages already posted so i'm not sure if this has already been mentioned.

When you re-open a thread it used to remember where you closed it last time and start from the new posts, now they always open on the OP.

YES. I AGREE. I'm having the same problem ...

YES. I AGREE. I'm having the same problem ...

as far as I understand that's when you click on the title, right? I think it was the same on the previous version. Back then you'd have clicked on the little arrow or what it was to go to your last read post. Now it's the blue dot to the left of the title and it should open where you left.

Edit: anyone know what's the criteria for a thread to be tagged "Hot"?

Edited by momomo

I may be talking bollox here, but as I understand it, Admin' haven't written the upgrade, they bought it from 'Invision'.

I believe there are lots of different options to choose from, but I don't think they can write new ones.

If you know of options that other Invision forums use, then it might be a valid Q to ask why PA does not.

Constructive as your suggestions might be, if they are not currently available options then someone would have to get Invision to listen.

If I've got that wrong then no doubt someone will shoot me down and I'll shut TFU. :hello09:

Of cause I am aware they don't write the code and my suggestions were related to potential configurations.

If you look at different boards using the same software they often are configured very differently.

If the options that I alluded to are nor available, just say so instead of getting in to a smart-ass reply.

BTW, I only see a dot or a star before each thread.

Star being a pinned thread.

Did we lose the option to see which thread we have been posing in before?

just hover your mouse over it. The dot gets you to the last read post, the star does the same but indicates that you've posted in this thread. Pinned ones are not shown as such in the "New Content" search but are tagged seperately in the actual sub-forum.

just hover your mouse over it. The dot gets you to the last read post, the star does the same but indicates that you've posted in this thread. Pinned ones are not shown as such in the "New Content" search but are tagged seperately in the actual sub-forum.

Thanks for that I misinterpreted the meaning of the star

Of cause ....................

Of course? ....................... PM shortly. :SoWhat1:

Edit: anyone know what's the criteria for a thread to be tagged "Hot"?

150 replies but that may change.

post-11269-0-25188100-1320067656.gif

I would also like to Thank SERPENTINE as in the last Forum change he was available for hints and nudges :Clap9:

Thanks... I have no problem helping out the guys who want help.

post-11269-0-83920200-1320067549.gif

The upgrade is looking good but all the photos in people's post are not showing up ??? I'm on my iPhone

I'm no longer getting my daily digests of threads I've subscribed to.

Click or hover on your username at the top right, choose my settings then notification options. Check that the correct boxes have been ticked.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Hi Laamok,

I miss the listbox which allowed you to jump from one area to another without having to go via the front page. :GoldenSmile1:

This one.

post-44128-0-66271700-1319895041.png

It's still there... just moved to the top...

post-11269-0-45980700-1320088666.jpg

post-11269-0-04686100-1320088455.jpg

Depending how much time you put in, but even then, I think 2 days is a ridiculously short time to form such an opinion.

Apparently you are just here for the pics, so the missing paper clip (for now?) is a big issue for you. :10:

Personally I haven't decided about the Emoticons, but I didn't like the previous method so I'm hoping I can get on better with this one.

It will take all of us time to get used to the changes and some of us will inevitably take longer than others. :rolleyes:

There are many improvements and it will take time to find them too.

There will be a few glitches and modifications required I expect, but for now Admin' are entitled to sit back and take a breather, having managed to upgrade this time almost seamlessly.

Well done. :Clap9:

No Edge, i am not only here for the pics - eventhough i do enjoy watching at least some of them... I am more into getting som good pieces of advice, and give some in return.

I just personally do not like the new layout at all - but each to his own, but for me it is thumps down.

That said, i still admire the admins and especially the root admin! They are all doing a great job and i do not in any way critizise them - it is only the layout that i dont like (still dont, and probably never will but might get used to it over time).

Have a nice day(or night)

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Even though it is early stages it seems a lot of BMs myself included cannot find the settings we want to make the board more enjoyable for our use. Maybe the admin could look through the thread a produce a list detailing the options available for the most common issues people are having. This thread is too long to keep on searching for any given solutions.