Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Forum Upgraded

LaaMok

Looks good to me. Only thing I just noticed when I replied to a thread about flooding was the link I inserted does not give the option to put your own text in and therefore the whole link shows rather than MY LINK as before. Not that it matters but just thought I'd let you know. Going to have a look on my iphone now.

For example http://www.pattaya-a...ed/page__st__12

Edited by DavidL

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edge

• 7-Eleven

• LaaMok

• Paddy Od

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Laamok,

Nice new look on the forum.

I have had one issue so far. When using the "view new content" I had one issue. When I clicked a topic, the topic would disappear when I returned to new content.

Its "new content" if you have seen it already it will disappear until someone posts in it again, I could probably adjust it, or there might be a setting, however, if you've seen it before and no reply, not much point it coming up again. I must admit i do often go back to read a thread again, might be useful to have it back.

Hi Laamok

Just wondering if at some point it would be possible to have a button 'new topics since you were last on' that way for those of us that can't log on five times a day:-) we will not miss anything. New Content is good but we may miss something that we could contribute to if we could see any new topics without having to go through everything.

Or perhaps the new topics on the left hand side could be made bigger.

Or perhaps it already exists and you are now going to make me look stupid by pointing it out.

Hi Laamok

Just wondering if at some point it would be possible to have a button 'new topics since you were last on' that way for those of us that can't log on five times a day:-) we will not miss anything. New Content is good but we may miss something that we could contribute to if we could see any new topics without having to go through everything.

Or perhaps the new topics on the left hand side could be made bigger.

Or perhaps it already exists and you are now going to make me look stupid by pointing it out.

You need to adjust this to your needs...

post-11269-0-41271900-1319826941.jpg

As for including links... type the words you want to become a link, highlight them, then click the link button, a box will appear for you to add the url into... job done.

Looks good to me. Only thing I just noticed when I replied to a thread about flooding was the link I inserted does not give the option to put your own text in and therefore the whole link shows rather than MY LINK as before. Not that it matters but just thought I'd let you know. Going to have a look on my iphone now.

For example http://www.pattaya-a...ed/page__st__12

As far as I know, this version doesn't have the button for it that makes it for you (it's been a bit annoying on other forums), you have to do it manually with the ]Text here[ in between the url codes.

Edit: Text here

Edited by Mr. Muscle Beach

I useit on my iPad. Looks very nice. However the forum first opend in full view, had to select the mobile theme then click new content.

How can I jump forward by a few pages on long threads ?

Thanks mate. Something else you may or may not know about. Iphone buttons, some of the text does not fit in the on screen buttons. (New content, Status updates, Mark as read).

I did take a picture and would upload it but when I select image it is asking for a URL?

forum.jpg

Edited by DavidL

I useit on my iPad. Looks very nice. However the forum first opend in full view, had to select the mobile theme then click new content.

How can I jump forward by a few pages on long threads ?

Touch Page - of - and this will appear... enter the page number and away you go...

post-11269-0-98323100-1319827481.jpg

Thanks mate. Something else you may or may not know about. Iphone buttons, some of the text does not fit in the on screen buttons. (New content, Status updates, Mark as read).

I did take a picture and would upload it but when I select image it is asking for a URL?

forum.jpg

Its the same as the old forum software, you need to click on "more reply options" to upload photos.

post-31857-0-39908100-1319827493.jpg

You can't upload images direct from and iPhone/iPad. I'll take a look on mine later.

Well done Sir - Looking Good.

looks nice and clean, good work, Brian.

Only thing I've noticed: the avatar pics seem to have a pre-determined size/format? My usual avatar had it's ears (i.e. the sides) cut with the new layout of the site, so I reduced it's size to fit but since I kept it's proportions, it obviously got reduced in hight as well. This results in black bars top and bottom as you can see. Any idea how to fix this? I've noticed some members' avatars being smaller than the given rectangle (e.g. ThaiHot). How do they/I do this?

Edit: will you add a preview button to posts again? I mean to preview what you wrote before posting.

Edit2: ok, figured out how to deal with the avatar issue. When reduced in size, upload the pic and click on "adjust crop". I've tried this previously and didnt like how the pic gets distorted. But this seems only true in the "your account" preview. The actual avatar is not distorted. Or maybe it was but now te software is adjusted? Anyway, no biggie.

Edited by momomo

Lost a bit of weight off me face on my avatar.Not a bad thing.Cant get you on msn yet but chaps bryan .WELL don e ven i can work it :GoldenSmile1:

Wriggley Tin 1

Edit: will you add a preview button to posts again? I mean to preview what you wrote before posting.

Its still there like before, just need to click on "more post options"

Lost a bit of weight off me face on my avatar.Not a bad thing.Cant get you on msn yet but chaps bryan .WELL don e ven i can work it :GoldenSmile1:

Not been on msn for 4 years, i will fire it up

lots new features , not sure i like the look yet but im sure it will grow on me

I also had to select the : ip.mobile board unrder the change theme tab at the bottom of the page when viewing on my phone

I've asked before in another thread, and I'll try again here.

Can we please get some theme/skin choices with different colours?

After a long day on the computer, that black on white just burns my eyes out.

Different backgrounds, text colours, anything!

I like the look but I am having difficulties viewing the pictures on my iPad with IP.Board app. Anyone got the same thing?

i was little bit confused at the log in today .... but now i know why ... well done

Update looks good!

I did notice one thing so far: After clicking View New Content, then clicking on a thread I had viewed previously, that had been updated since my last visit to the thread, it drops me onto page 1 of the thread and I need to go look for the last post/page of where I last viewed the thread. In the old version of the forum, when I clicked a previously viewed thread (after clicking View New Content), it would open the thread at the post/page where I left off previously. For example, if I read a thread that had 10 pages that I hadn't viewed before, it would open on page 1. However, if I had l browsed away from the thread on, say page 5, and came back later (after it was updated with another post from someone), I would start off on page 5.

Ah-ha! I just found the "Go To First Unread Post" button at the top of each thread page. And figured out if I click on the folder icon from the thread listings, it'll take me to the first unread post within the thread.

Now, if can only figure out where the paperclip icon is to indicate that a thread has photos...

Thanks!

Edited by buddyedgewood
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

The new layout is looking good

I particularly like the “Started by....” information under the topic title..maybe we will get more current threads now"

I also like the “drop down arrow” next to the topic so we can “see” the last few posts without opening he whole thread.

I am sure that there will be some things that I need to adjust too but change is good and it keeps the look “fresh"

Thanks for going to the effort

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

It's looking good, will take a bit of getting used to.

I like the layout of profile, settings etc also adding of content follow is really good,

There is one thing I have not got my head around yet and this was with the old layout as well.

when replying to a few posters how do I put more than one persons previous comments into my post.

Also how do I colour them different and put someones post inside another persons post when quoting them.

I thought you just clicked multiquote to the posts you wanted in your reply and pasted?

Can someone explain to me how to do this please , if it is too long and protracted you could always pm me.

Thanks for any help.

It's looking good, will take a bit of getting used to.

I like the layout of profile, settings etc also adding of content follow is really good,

There is one thing I have not got my head around yet and this was with the old layout as well.

when replying to a few posters how do I put more than one persons previous comments into my post.

Also how do I colour them different and put someones post inside another persons post when quoting them.

I thought you just clicked multiquote to the posts you wanted in your reply and pasted?

Can someone explain to me how to do this please , if it is too long and protracted you could always pm me.

Thanks for any help.

Click multiquote on all the posts you want to quote then click add reply.

Avatar jack up......otherwise, I like the set up.