IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

Shuggy

I'm staying here with 3 other Addicts guys at the moment good hotel in a great location and I would highly recommend it.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mavrick

• Shuggy

• sheerguy29

• THguypattaya

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm staying here with 3 other Addicts guys at the moment good hotel in a great location and I would highly recommend it.

In the same room? :)

Guy guys guys. I stayed there in May 08 for 3 weeks.

1. The staff was great.

2. the restaurant was great and the food was awesome. (PHad Thai and the club Sandwich was the best)

even my numberous Thai girls liked the food.

3. The room was excellent, no problem with noise or construction, or bugs, mosquitos ect...

4. The bed was very comfortable, great hot water with plenty of water pressure.

5. Very clean room, sheets, towels. ( I check for pubes). Huge closet.

6. Internet was great and always had a strong connection, TV always had clear channels.

7. I always use Mr. Tooms taxi service, He is cheaper, very dependable, I use him each trip.

8. No problem with joiners. It was a daily thing for me and the girls got tired of writting down all the names.

They eventually waved me by when I would walk in the lobby

IMO: Great hotel and I will definately return in Oct 08.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Guy guys guys. I stayed there in May 08 for 3 weeks.

1. The staff was great.

2. the restaurant was great and the food was awesome. (PHad Thai and the club Sandwich was the best)

even my numberous Thai girls liked the food.

3. The room was excellent, no problem with noise or construction, or bugs, mosquitos ect...

4. The bed was very comfortable, great hot water with plenty of water pressure.

5. Very clean room, sheets, towels. ( I check for pubes). Huge closet.

6. Internet was great and always had a strong connection, TV always had clear channels.

7. I always use Mr. Tooms taxi service, He is cheaper, very dependable, I use him each trip.

8. No problem with joiners. It was a daily thing for me and the girls got tired of writting down all the names.

They eventually waved me by when I would walk in the lobby

IMO: Great Hotel and I will definately return in Oct 08.

Did you stay in a standard room or deluxe??

In the same room? :D

Hahahaha, You poofter No we have 4 deluxe rooms.

Did you stay in a standard room or deluxe??

I stayed in a Deluxe. I only told them 2 weeks and they were booked for the 3rd week I decided to stay.

So Kim hooked me up with a free upgrade to a Single Suite.

The only downside if you can call it that was around 2pm you would get a call from the maid asking if you wanted service that day although I had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. Some days I didnt get to sleep until after breakfast. It was an easy fix though.

Both of my rooms were excellent. I have stayed in many hotels in Patts and none of them are perfect. If you want chocolate mints and fresh flowers on the pillows each day, up to you. I was more than pleased with what the room had to offer and anything it didnt have I had my TG get at the 7/11. I will return in Oct. If the service is below my standard I will update this post and try another hotel. :LMAO1: I would suggest giving it a try at least once.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Has anyone had compatibility issues with windows vista on their laptops/notebooks and the hotel routers?

I'm trying to get rid of windows vista on my Toshiba laptop and get a cheap copy of Windows XP put on before I come to the PBR in September, as I've heard that there are compatibility problems with vista and older routers/modems/wi-fi points.

Whats the deal with the 500bht per night deposit, Do you have to pay a 7000bht deposit for a 14 night stay????

I'm sure it's capped at 3000 baht (6 nights) That's what their website says and that's what I put down last time I was there. I haven't been there since March...have they put up anything in the lot in front of PBR?

Just arrived home from 2 weeks at the P B Resort. 999 bht per night with the 7th night free. Couldn't fault the amenities. Only 2 things to be aware of as follows:

1. Every guest seemed to wear high heels and you could hear them walking on the tiled floor down the passages as they came and went through the night. It would be a great help if the resort provided slippers at the front door! Also, the walls were very thin and the mongers on either side of me were pounding their guests unmercifully. Luckily, this inspired me but if you were wanting to sleep then this was not the music to send you dozing.

2. The resort is located just a little bit too far from 2nd Rd. You can take the shortcut through the new shopping mall but in the wet season you can't avoid getting wet (even though the tuk tuk is available)

Nevertheless, after looking at many other potential places to stay whilst I was there, I couldn't find anything that lives up to this place and I won't hesitate to book in again when I go back to Patts.

Probably been said before here guys but if you want to stay here make sure you book in advance!

I turned up with some friends in june and only 2 rooms were available! although there were suites available we only wanted standard rooms

email them and book through their website is the best bet!

Edited by beefy

Just back from Patts

Stayed in PBR and had good an bad experiences... As you can read on the board the rooms are OK and the noise is not a big issue if you take care and get room with a low number floor 5 room 00, 01 etc.

The bed linen had better days and the room has not been cleaned following hotel standards. I had a room mate for many days... the spider between the chair and the wall but he never complained about the guests I've had so that was OK for me

Take care about the cleaning personal if you have a girlfriend... I dont have and I like the daily change and exactly that was what every girl know... if the girl was pretty and at what time I leaved with the other girl... and, and, and... and that's not funny.

About the ID check I must say that I've seen myself that a guest has been refused because of the age of the girl on the other side one girl I know let her ID there and it was not her own it was the one from her sister. And the girl (real a girl) was 172cm and on the ID the height was about 162. The next day when she get the ID back I needed just one second to find this out but the reception desk did not take a notice... Food is OK and the prices are reliable.

The next time I will not choose PBR even if the location is good and the price is OK... To much yek, yek...

Anyone else notice the easy chairs in the exercise room directly behind the treadmills and bikes? I get ideas, I hear tings...

I study Aregano: The Ancient Italian Art of Pizza Folding.

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking review mate :)

A damn good monthly rate at 13900B for a hotel like that :D Hell I was 9500 in the shit pit Sawasdee in Diana for a month .... mind you I was only using it for ST's so the GF never caught me LOL :)

Wha's like us?

Great feed back, thanks for the post's :P

This old man's fountain of youth is found between the legs of lovely young Thai woman, And right now they all look lovely and young.

Correct me if im wrong they only change towels twice a week. Now from previous experience even in hotels that change every day, you do get the odd bargirl who leaves a nice stain of blood on the towel. This does not go down well when you change lady and she has to use a dirty towel. Otherwise the place seems good.

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

I just stayed there and I got new towels everyday.

Same Same.

I've just completed a 3 weeks stay there and and I was pretty impress with the place, if you need to get to Walking ST just take the hotel tuk tuk to the corner of 2nd Road and its a 5-7 mins walk and the same to Soi Buckhow, also the new shopping centre The Avenue is right across the road again a few mins walk and you're on 2nd Road, there is also a 24 Hours diner and supermarket in the Avenue, a movie cinema if you want to watch a movie with a girl, I will deffintley stay here again on future trips if there is any room available.

The only problem was My wingman and myself brought 2 girls for breakfast one day. I am just reading now that they should have included the breakfast for the girls?

The only problem was My wingman and myself brought 2 girls for breakfast one day. I am just reading now that they should have included the breakfast for the girls?

You have to ask for the extra vouchers, when my GF came to stay with me they gave me 10 days BF vouchers in advance.

I was at PTR a few weeks ago. Overall, it is a good hotel. But, I will be staying elsewhere the next time I am in Pattaya - mostly because I was disappointed by the fitness room.

Anyway these are my nitpicks:

No hairdryer in the bathrooms. I ended up buying one for my long-haired GF.

Bathtub shower arrangement. I personally don't like showering in the bathtub - but that is my preference rather than a criticism of PTR.

An in-room safe with misleading setup instructions (but easily setup for me by the very helpful staff). However, the safe was too small for my 12" laptop - which was bought specifically to fit inside room safes. (It fits inside safes in other hotel rooms.)

Mosquitos in the room. I plugged in a device I bought from the UK which did not seem that effective as I ended up with a few uncomfortable bites.

The only running machine in the fitness room only good for walking. As soon as I tried jogging the vibration forced out the loose-fitting safety key and stopped the machine. Also, the machine did not have adequate suspension which is not good for knees and back.

I ended up jogging outside in the hot sun - which I only did once and don't recommend.

The only cycling machine was unusable because some idiot had jammed the seat right down into the machine.

The blood pressure and heart rate monitor in the fitness room did not work.

I reported the problems in the fitness room during my stay. So, hopefully, they have been fixed by now. (I was there a week and they weren't fixed when I left.)

Den.

P.S. Our Bangkok-based taxi driver had a bit of a job finding the hotel based on '2nd Road soi 15'. In the end, I had to stop at an internet cafe and waste 20 baht to get the Thai language driving directions. So I suggest printing these off before you travel together with the hotel phone number.

I liked this hotel, it was the first hotel i stayed in in Pattaya, my local friend actually went and booked it all for me before i arrived, all i asked for was a pool, and free wifi, it had those, and they did supply breakfast for my gf even though she wasn't booked at the hotel, she just arived in the morning to go to breakfast with me.

It is easy to catch to Tuk Tuk to 2nd road, and they will also pick you up there to return to the hotel when you call them, so the position of the hotel is not complete hell.

For the price it is very clean, friendly and good value, but i wont be staying there again, as in a place like Pattaya I really can't be bothered with having to even catch the Tuk Tuk to get near the atmosphere, and being able to just step out the door to buy snacks, drinks or other food means a lot to my enjoyment.