IGNORED

New Souvlaki Stall on Soi Buakow

expatdude

couple of pics to help find this place not easy to spot except the signs from soi buakoaw (about opposite diana estate )

hope these taken yesterday are some use...

sept oct 28 251_800x571.jpg

sept oct 28 252_800x600.jpg

sept oct 28 250_800x447.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the prices seem to be rising quickly. I remember the Greek salad being under a hundred baht.

Wow, the prices seem to be rising quickly. I remember the Greek salad being under a hundred baht.

LOL and the tomato used to be 30 baht and now is 50...

errrrr, i hope the owner know of the spelling error on his sign....

430c7adc-7c20-4836-97ef-c84a9be21379_zpsff9a3a38.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will be staying opposite here in October at Diana Oasis.....will be trying the food for sure...... 

• 2 weeks later...

I have stopped going to the stall and now go to the Greek restaurant nearby called Pattayanis. The souvlaki is soooo good, not dry like Acropolis was the last few times. They also make an amazing moussaka and another similar dish but with macaroni, grape leaves and very good baklava for desert.

never been here but this little place is currently ranked number 2 out of 464 restaurants rated by Tripadvisor for Pattaya. only beaten by cafe des amis.

couple of pics

jan feb 22 206_800x475.jpg

jan feb 22 207_800x600.jpg

• 3 months later...

I saw a new market near acropolis stall. Is anyone knows if its temporary or permanent? Its looks the same like in soi excite.

OK.......

I read this thread earlier today and felt a little peckish............

Headed to Acropolis and was closed..suspect that they open in the evenings. NOT SURE??

So, went to Pattyannis next to dream team massage.(open air restraunt type set up). Overall food was good but i think more accurately on the expensive side

1 souvlaki chicken (chicken was diced from breast which i do not like - bit on the dry side)4 skewers well marinated in a herb/garlic sauce

1 Heinekenn beer

1 greek Salad with fetta cheese and some black olives (not dodoni nor kalamata olives)

1 piece of Baklava good portion

715B

Now, food was clean and cooked well, but I thought a little on the expensive side.

It's more of a restraunt outing rather than food while your on the go IMO and set up to also cater for more private functions.

I have yet to eat at Acropolis so can not comment, however i hope their chicken souvlaki is not diced breast meat???

Overall, Pattayanis is good (not great) quality food, cooked well but a little bit on the expensive side IMO. As one the BM's mentioned earlier, it is definitely a 300B+ place to eat per person.

CHeers

Tony

Nice work Tony!  Pop into  Acropolis in the evening and do a comparison taste! Post with pics!

I tried pattayanis in my last trip and food was good(not great) but prices were very expensive

I tried pattayanis in my last trip and food was good(not great) but prices were very expensive

Cheers! But I thought this thread was about " Acropolis" the best bubble and squeak joint in Pattaya!

then somebody should go and speak with the owner of acropolis cause When I visited it was closed and I had to try pattayanis for greek food

they should have more flexible working hours

then somebody should go and speak with the owner of acropolis cause When I visited it was closed and I had to try pattayanis for greek food

same same - as mentioned before

I will head to Acropolis in the next few days and provide another update. (this time i will try late in the evening)

Good for you lecarreblanc!  Good for you!

Good for you lecarreblanc!  Good for you!

seriously what is your problem with me nixonsbest??

if u need to say something share it with me send PM

Just a heads up and update - went at midnight last night again and was closed.

Not sure if there are issues with workers but will try again soon. t that i hat

I am starting to think that i may miss out on his souvlaki

CHeers

TOny

I ate here a couple of nights ago, and have been a great supporter of this little establishment, but, I must confess the meal I ordered was just ok, I ordered the mixed grill, which is large, I couldn't eat it all but I think this had more to do with the rancid coleslaw (cabbage and carrot) salad on the plate. The coleslaw was shades of brown, wilting , and had a strange smell.

I am not sure if these guys make and store salads and leave them un refrigerated for a length of time, but it has left me a little concerned as to food handling techniques here.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if this place is still open and where it is located?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived