Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Souvlaki Stall on Soi Buakow

expatdude

I noticed there's a Souvlaki (sp?) place/hut/stall opposite Soi PP massage (Soi Dream Teens?). Has anyone tried it? Souvlaki is Greek food, right? Anyhoots, looks like it has potential, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a Dream Teens massage (never thought I would be writing that phrase in a forum!) off Soi Buakhow not far from Diana Estates but I saw no huts/stalls nearby, and nothing remotely Greek in the entire soi. Lots of poodles though.

*Opposite* soi PP. On the other side of Soi Buakow, the west side, near the weird beer bar complexes and outdoor karaoke bars. It's called Acropolis Souvlaki. At the intersection of Soi Buakow and Soi PP massage, face the beach and walk forward a few meters out of Soi Buakow and you'll see it.

there was a small greek restaurant that was open about a year ago in roughly the same spot. it was only open for about 3 mths by a guy named Costas. very nice guy and excellent greek food and very cheap. To get to his little restaurant, if your standing at the 7/11 opposite soi bua kuow food market, go right towards soi diana and it was the next soi on your left about 30 metres in on your left hand side. not 100% sure if same soi as PP massage.

i remember him saying when i was there in dec 09 he was going back to greece to save some more $ and come back to make his restaurant more of a long term thing.

if it is the same guy, and would like to know if it is, i highly recommend the food.

I'm tempted each time I pass--looks like good food at fair prices--but I have yet to pull the trigger.

I noticed that too. Perhaps I've been abroad too long--stuff like that is like water off my back. :D

Ok, I finally ate there. Verdict: Excellent.

I got a Greek salad and a pork Gyros (like a schwarama), but when I got the food home, I was a bit disappointed how it looked. However, when I tasted it--better than any schawarama I have had in Pattaya. The meat was juicy and the taste of garlic was pronounced. Every bite was a juicy joyful. The salad was very, very tasty. Tons of nice Feta and 4 excellent olives (calamata?). I was really overjoyed to have such a tasty meal.

The cost was 160 baht but I think, looking back at the menu, that I may have been undercharged by 5 baht.

Disclaimer: I have no association with this place other than as a customer. If anyone doubts this, I'd be happy to meet with them--I live and work in the Pattaya area and have no interest in any restaurants. I simply love food and hope this place survives so that I can continue to eat there. Pics of the food to follow:

Acropolis.jpg

*Opposite* soi PP.

Ah. That would explain it.

My brain stopped working shortly after seeing the Dream Teens massage sign, and I didnt really recover until I saw the "cheeps 40B" just now.

the Cheeps look great at 40bt!!:GoldenSmile1:

40 baht! Those Cheeeeeeeeps are cheeeeap :GoldenSmile1:

expatdude, thanks for the posts, looks good and hope it survives for all of us to enjoy.

I couldn't place it from the directions (I don't know Soi PP Massage) but looking at the pictures I think I've got it. It's the Soi more of less opposite Dragon Bar, it's also the way I'd walk through to the Made in Thailand bars. That might help some others get their bearings.

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

The owner was there--I can't remember his name, but he seemed very nice. The place was closed for a while a couple weeks ago--I'm guessing he had trouble finding workers as there was a sign offering employment on the shop at the time. It's tough running a business here. Now, if someone would just open a Mexican food stall offering similar quality food next to Acropolis, we might have a mini food ghetto going on here in Pattaya.

Anything would be an improvement on those boring burger stalls and kebab stalls that one sees everywhere here these days.

I just finished eating a pork souvlaki. Better than any schwarama I've had in Thailand. This place is good.

When I was there today, there were 6, yes count them 6, Greek guys there (including the owner). Nice food--a great addition to the area.

Tried it again tonight. As usual, very busy.

The reason I'm posting tonight is I forgot to mention--it's slow food.

My order took 30-40 minutes tonight. The food is good, but it's not instant. In fact that's the reason it's good--they do it right.

after reading this ive eaten there twice this week.

i ordered 3 souvlakis tonight, it only took about 15 mins.

I still cant go past the soi Diamond Kebab lady, but the souvlakis are very good.

I met the owner, he's a nice guy.

Plenty of Greek guys hanging around there, it reminds me of being back in Melbourne.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent post and pictures, better than a Map.

I am not Greek, but once upon a time, lived in Melbourne, a city with one of the largest Greek populations outside of Greece.

The food pictures brings tears to my eyes and I only hope it tastes as good as a "TG on Heat"

Cool, I love Greek food. I knew a guy back in the days, he moved from Greece to Thailand to start his own restaurant. Problem is, he was of the adventurous type who liked to walk around in the Jungle by himself. I got told the next year when I went to Corfu that he's was bitten by a snake and passed away.

I really like this place and I'm glad others have the same opinion. If we support the good places, they'll hopefully remain open.

13 days more and I will give you a field report on how good this Greek Souvaki food tastes and then a follow up that afternoon on the TG. I'll try the greek food first, assuming the TG will be a better vintage.

You can catch Hole there every day about 12.00 at night putting away a few souvlaki's while brushing up on his Greek.

Fuck i hope the soi diamond Kebab lady doesn't here about this...............

Thanks for reporting back, Hole. If we can encourage enough people to try this place, it might stay in business for a while and we will benefit. Try the Greek salad--very nice.

Thanks for reporting back, Hole. If we can encourage enough people to try this place, it might stay in business for a while and we will benefit. Try the Greek salad--very nice.

I actually tried some 'Greek Style' last night.......

I tried this last night... hella awesome! Delicious, good people hanging around, and they have extra parking around the back if it's busy.

Archived