IGNORED

New Souvlaki Stall on Soi Buakow

expatdude

Maybe my girlfriend just assumed she was when she picked up the food and spoke with them then.

Lots of Cypriots married to Phillipinos, i can imagine there are some Greeks who married to Thais as well

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the pork souvlaki last night for 70Baht, it was by far the best I have had in Thailand, the street kebabs you see everyhwere are no where near this good. I will be a regular, working my way through the menu,these guys make great food and cheap as well.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. And the chicken souvlaki at 60 baht is the same price but vastly superior to most shwaramas.

• 2 weeks later...

I went yesterday again the chicken souvlaki at 60 baht is really delicious but I had also Pita burger with chips inside cost 70 baht, and I can say that was the best Kebab I never had in Thailand!!!!!

I ate here the other day. Like the other guys say, a little bit of time waiting but well worth it.

Ok, I finally ate there. Verdict: Excellent.

I got a Greek salad and a pork Gyros (like a schwarama), but when I got the food home, I was a bit disappointed how it looked. However, when I tasted it--better than any schawarama I have had in Pattaya. The meat was juicy and the taste of garlic was pronounced. Every bite was a juicy joyful. The salad was very, very tasty. Tons of nice Feta and 4 excellent olives (calamata?). I was really overjoyed to have such a tasty meal.

The cost was 160 baht but I think, looking back at the menu, that I may have been undercharged by 5 baht.

Disclaimer: I have no association with this place other than as a customer. If anyone doubts this, I'd be happy to meet with them--I live and work in the Pattaya area and have no interest in any restaurants. I simply love food and hope this place survives so that I can continue to eat there. Pics of the food to follow:

great place with good food.....fresh....been here for a few years now...just got to remember to go there with the many other choices of cusine around. Surprise of the good Spagehetti Bar on the corner on Soi Bukhow 99bahts gets you a plate with fresh grated cheese....taste very home made

cheers tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

This place fucken rocks!!!!!!!! you'll see me there most nights.

Please don't tell the soi diamond kebab lady I posted this.......................

its been there ages, i waited from june 11 to late nov 11 for it to re-OPEN AND IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT.

awesome platters too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a greek salad and a pita burger!!The salad was very,very,tasty!Olso the the pita burger it better than any schawarama i've had in pattaya!!!THIS PLACE IS GOOD... :Think1:

They have good weekly specials sometimes too, I have had lamb, dolmades, pasta, etc..

• 5 weeks later...

My wife & I ate here last night. Have to agree with all the positive reviews...very good food. Between us we shared the mixed grill, a greek salad & a plate of chips. There was plenty for two.

I had a bit of a problem finding the place, so her is my version of how to find it........

Walk down Soi Buakhoaw from Soi Diana heading towards Central Pattaya Road. You will come to the open Market on the left which is opposite Dragon Bar. Just after the open Market there is a used car stand. Turn left after the car stand & the Acropolis is on the left.

Hope this is of some use.

Have to agree, the food is fantastic.

Good to hear that he hasnt closed down for low season this year.

• 1 month later...

A friend of me recommended, I went there yesterday, I try pita pork and I can say that is better from what I eat so far in Australia!

• 1 month later...

I ate there in June 2012, I had a very decent Mixed Grill for 250 Baht. It' s not a restaurant but more cafeteria style like those Hamburger Denmark stands you see in Pattaya !

See some pics below

Cheers

T

post-18226-0-88017200-1345494041_thumb.jpg

post-18226-0-99083900-1345494048_thumb.jpg

post-18226-0-23026700-1345494055_thumb.jpg

post-18226-0-83973200-1345494061_thumb.jpg

post-18226-0-83929400-1345494067_thumb.jpg

The mixed grill looks good.

I had a Greek Salad there,just over 100 baht,and not memorable. The serving girl was new,didn't have a clue,and the boss barked instructions from the side. She seemed very nervous,so maybe missed some ingredients. It had too many dried herbs poured on the top.

But I will return for that mixed grill,without cheeps.

The owner spoke English with a strong London accent btw.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

A Thai lady (you see her on my last pic of my previous post) prepared and served the food, when I was there a Greek guy (I asked him if he was Greek and he said yes, it was in the week Greece played Germany at Euro 2012 lol) was sitting at the side, he gave me the drink I ordered, he was mostly on the phone and also went away on the bike to get some supplies.

In July 2012 I also visited another Greek place nearby (I think in soi 21 it was) and got some food there, I had a huge salad and a plate with souvlaki but was not impressed with it, no mix grill or gyros offered on the menu so limited choice of items.

Don't know how popular Greek food is among tourists but a quality place (in Pattaya huh ?) might get some good business although it depends a lot on the location, I would say give it a go on Beach road or WS !

(You mean was one week before Germany loss against Italy lol) I went there yesterday. I had a pita burger (very-good) and a Greek salad, the Greek salad was the best that I eat so far in Pattaya!! Like many others in this forum I definitely recommend this place.

• 5 weeks later...

The Acropolis Souvlaki is a must go place for everyone likes souvlaki and meat.

But I read some wrong thoughts about Souvlaki and Gyros and I have to write the correct information. :)

The original souvlaki is from pork.

Souvlaki word comes from Greek word Souvlizo-Σουbλίζω which means I impale something sharp from meat.

Souvlaki is only this :

pork_souvlaki_499.jpg

If you want sandwich with Pita and souvlaki inside then you say I want a Pita Souvlaki please..."please" not necessary...haha

There are more souvlaki, from Chicken. These are the only Greek Souvlaki made in Greece.

Kebab is not Greek. Greek is the Sutzukaki which believe me is better than kebab and is only from beef meat, better for health, better taste and is this :

soutzoukakia.gif?w=418&h=299

It is original Greek food came from Konstantinoupolis (today they say Istanbul) and Minor Asia to Thessaloniki and to all Greece.

If you not eat Gyros in Thessaloniki it is like you never eat.

Original Gyros is from Pork and there is from chicken too.

If you go to Thessaloniki Greece make a little visit to Toumpa place to see real Gyros and souvlaki stuff...

y_A_4753tsusj.jpgprassas12505gg1.jpg

I have stopped going to the stall and now go to the Greek restaurant nearby called Pattayanis. The souvlaki is soooo good, not dry like Acropolis was the last few times. They also make an amazing moussaka and another similar dish but with macaroni, grape leaves and very good baklava for desert.

I have stopped going to the stall and now go to the Greek restaurant nearby called Pattayanis. The souvlaki is soooo good, not dry like Acropolis was the last few times. They also make an amazing moussaka and another similar dish but with macaroni, grape leaves and very good baklava for desert.

where is the pattayanis...?????

where is the pattayanis...?????

Soi PP, the same Soi that has Dream Teen and PP body massage. Not far from the Soi Buakow market. They have a sign on the street.

Soi PP, the same Soi that has Dream Teen and PP body massage. Not far from the Soi Buakow market. They have a sign on the street.

thank's ...i'll give it a try in jan....

I had tried both and Im sorry to say that, but what you do is really bud for the owner. The souvlaki is the best in Acropolis, I mean if you like this restaurant open a new topic.

And by the way I think they have completely different food. The one (Acropolis) has all BBQ and roll souvlaki or burger (that I like so much) and the other has mostly Greek food with also a souvlaki as a portion! In the first you can eat with (start) 60 baht, on the other you must have at least 300 on welcome....

As I heard and see on other forums the restaurant tried to steal many times the (fame) of the stall, I hope this is not one of this times...

Archived