Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Souvlaki Stall on Soi Buakow

expatdude

I had tried both and Im sorry to say that, but what you do is really bud for the owner. The souvlaki is the best in Acropolis, I mean if you like this restaurant open a new topic.

And by the way I think they have completely different food. The one (Acropolis) has all BBQ and roll souvlaki or burger (that I like so much) and the other has mostly Greek food with also a souvlaki as a portion! In the first you can eat with (start) 60 baht, on the other you must have at least 300 on welcome....

As I heard and see on other forums the restaurant tried to steal many times the (fame) of the stall, I hope this is not one of this times...

Well I am just speaking from experience. I used to be a very frequent customer of the Acropolis Souvlaki Stall but the quality went down in my opinion and the prices went up. The chicken pita is still a great deal at the stall and very tasty and they used to have weekly specials with new dishes that I really liked but if I feel like eating Greek food I will go to Pattayanis.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but if I feel like eating Greek food I will go to Pattayanis.

Do they still have a mobile vendor going around the Soi Buakhao area ?

Before left in April, I used to catch him in New Plaza now and a again.

Well I am just speaking from experience. I used to be a very frequent customer of the Acropolis Souvlaki Stall but the quality went down in my opinion and the prices went up. The chicken pita is still a great deal at the stall and very tasty and they used to have weekly specials with new dishes that I really liked but if I feel like eating Greek food I will go to Pattayanis.

Sorry with all the respect, but is not look like a personal experience, its look more like comercial and it is exactly the opposite. Acropolis went up 10 Baht for portions only, as I remember Pattayanis start the first months with 180 the mousaka and now it is cost 250 b....

That was at least the last time I visited. All price went up in there! Acropolis use charcoals that make the meat better taste and more soft. The pita in acropolis is the best I had so far in Pattaya... Now ok, everyone can go where ever he likes more, but I vote for Acropolis...

I spoke with the owner yesterday and he told me that his partner comes in 2 weeks. He went to Greece for 5 months because he is working as a Sef in a hotel in Greece. When he come back they will start to make Greek food 3 times a week again for the high season.

I spoke with the owner yesterday and he told me that his partner comes in 2 weeks. He went to Greece for 5 months because he is working as a Sef in a hotel in Greece. When he come back they will start to make Greek food 3 times a week again for the high season.

You mean from Acropolis souvlaki?

I was there last night, they tell me they have to move from their current site, within the next few weeks I think, he is desperately looking for a new site.

If anyone has ideas he would love to know,

Because it's such a big hut it can't just go in front of any shop.

I hope he can move to Soi Lengkee, right outside my doorstep.....

He said if he does move he will post the new location on here.

WOW. Did they tell you why they are moving? I hope everything goes right for them.

Soi Lengkee? There is the fish 'n chips restaurant where I was eating! :D

In which hotel you stay in Soi Lengkee? I think there is no free space there for such a construction.

We are waiting information for for new site.

I was there last night, they tell me they have to move from their current site, ...snip...

Jebezeezus, doing business in Thailand sure is tough.

dear PATTAYATHUNDER your entitled to your opinion but not to lies..the souvlaki i had in pattayanis was cheeper from the acropolis (150 baht for five including real lemon sauce and bbq bread than the 4 pieces at 140 in acropolis without lemon and bread).so where is the 300 baht you insist is a minimum for pattayanis?

both places have excellent greek food ,and its good to have them in pattaya..no need to close one of them my dear pattathunder!!

If this is indeed fact of new location

In my opinion is a much better location can only be good for business

Guys, I was there last night.

The owner took me to see the new site.

Its just back down Soi Boukhou (50?, 100 metres?) on the right as heading to LK Metro.

It's just in off the street about 50 metres, it's where they have the festival type things if anyone remembers them. He will be next to the noodles.

The entrance off Soi Boukhou is exactly across the road from the entrance to Diana estate. (kind of half way between Dragon Bar and Pook Bar).

He's gonna make a kind of sit down restaurant with more on the menu, I think it will be better than current spot.

The owner said he will post on here with map and pics, I think he said he will move in about 4 days, but will be closed for about 3 days to set it up.

Hope this info didn't confuse you all.

Thank you for the information. :)

Can you show this spot on http://maps.google.com/ ?

If you do not know how : go to the excact new spot of the Acropolis Souvlaki, right click, and choose "directions from here" in order to put a indicator there and then copy the link that is next to the printer icon (there is a link icon) on the left of the map. (not the link of the page)

Acropolis Souvlaki, moved (today?). It's hard to spot from the Soi Buakao, but it's on a small dirt soi that runs back to the football pitch. The small soi is almost directly opposite Diana Estates. On one side of Diana Estates is a 7-11, the other side is the Findig shoe shop. Go down the soi opposite Diana Estates about 20 meters or so and you'll see Acropolis Souvlaki on the left side. The fruit stand is at the entrance of the small dirt soi on the left, again opposite Findig shoe shop. Can't think of how to make it any clearer without posting a picture. ;) I also don't know when they'll open again for business--perhaps even today. I'll update.

Here's your Google thingiemabopper: http://goo.gl/maps/I9gQo

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Hi and thank you all about your interest in our food, first I like to discuss about why we had to change the location of our stall. (No, its not because we are Farang) many other Thai people that sell Thai food moved in this location as well and more will follow. The boss of the area (MARIN) decided to change the soi of our old location into a new bar complex. In our new location they will make a market and it will be connected later with the second road! Within 3 to 5 months they will fix the street, but all depending of course of the project. The good news is that our stall now it's changed into a mini open-air restaurant, as we have more space and we can put tables. The area is good for chill out and to enjoy our Greek food because it is not so close to the nosing traffic of soi buakhao. The location its like Hole described above and some other members posted map already. Soon I will post pictures of the new Acropolis and also pictures of our new menu...

Ah. That would explain it.

My brain stopped working shortly after seeing the Dream Teens Massage sign, and I didnt really recover until I saw the "cheeps 40B" just now.

Have you used Dream Teens, I was warned not to use in other posts, I was told the girls are a lot older now and the charges are higher than advertised.

Okay we back...

acropolis1.jpg

This is our new menu...

acropolis-menu.jpg

Dammit ! no more ' Cheeps ' ! :P

Yeah, the same I was ready to write. We want Cheeps back! :D

Giouvarlakia!!! Dolmadakia!!! Are you serious?

I hope your mousakOs is good, with soft potatoes...

We wish you good new start!

I went there yesterday, very good atmosphere! Better from the old location.

I had a Moussaka and my girlfriend a spaghetti, Both very good, the moussaka was delicious and the spaghetti actually was better from any Italian restaurant I had so far....

Good start boys.

Archived