Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Traveller's Rest Hotel - A Warning

alessandro_no

Can I be a member of your team? I could be the token black guy who dies in the first ten minutes.

Certainly Sir you are most welcome to join the team, that makes you me and Pepsi the dog.

We should make a fortune and clean up.

b.t.w. it is not a condition of employment that you die but if you should your 5% goes to Pepsi.

Al.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read this post from start to finish and so far there has only been one other person to write a comment about staying at the "Travellers Rest" The OP i don't believe has ranted on too much in his postings he has seemed to been pretty level headed in fact which would make me think what he's posting is factual.

I've stayed in 2 other guesthouses in LK Metro, Irish Rovers for a month and 3 Som also for a month, both really good places and good value. The owners at the time, Dom and Ian from irish, both good blokes and gave great customer service, Dan at 3 Som also gave great service (Just don't expect to see him before mid afternoon 555) I'm sure if the OP had been offered either a refund or the option to move to a different room with a rate reduction then we wouldn't be reading this thread.

There are lots of guesthouses and plenty of choice around Pattaya and LK Metro.

Cheers

Jon

I think PawYai has a very good point. It is easy for people with any axe to grind to use this forum. That said - if a hotel owner/manager behaves like this he deserves all that is coming and more. I would do exactly the same and try my best to 'out'him also. As the law is of no use - the only course of redress is to do exactly what is being done here to warn others off. It does seem a fairly clear-cut case of the owner being a total ass-hole. There are always 2 side to every story - but just applying a little common sense - it does seems clear that the owner does have some serious explaining to do.

If this is true we all need to know - and likewise if it is not true- let us know of any other views. No-one wants to stitch any business owner up. Life is too hard and too short.

LK Metro is a small 'intimate' area. Someone there must know about this guy and be able to shed some light.

I stayed at Travelers Rest in November and I left after two days. I left because of the filthy condition of the property. I would saw rats scurry across the floor on two occasions and the rooms were infested with cockroaches. Plus the housekeeping was atrocious.

I cannot say the whether the owner was a jerk or not because he never spoke a word to me. He acted like I didn't exist. Never said hello. Never said thank you for the business. Just an indifferent mute which is not a good characteristic for someone in the hospitality industry.

There are plenty of other clean guesthouses in LK Metro. I have been very happy with Irish Rover, Bulldog, and Metro in the past.

STAY AWAY FROM TRAVELERS REST.

I stayed at Travelers Rest in November and I left after two days. I left because of the filthy condition of the property. I would saw rats scurry across the floor on two occasions and the rooms were infested with cockroaches. Plus the housekeeping was atrocious.

I cannot say the whether the owner was a jerk or not because he never spoke a word to me. He acted like I didn't exist. Never said hello. Never said thank you for the business. Just an indifferent mute which is not a good characteristic for someone in the hospitality industry.

There are plenty of other clean guesthouses in LK Metro. I have been very happy with Irish Rover, Bulldog, and Metro in the past.

GEE this is amazing! Within hours of the OP expressing his disgust over the T.R. (probably justified) you suddenly decide to join our community :rolleyes: Then you "Discover" the accomodation forum, and lo & Behold there is a thread detailing a members dis-satisfaction at the very same guesthouse you claim to have had a similiar experience just a few weeks ago! :LMAO1: :LMAO1: :LMAO1:

What a "Coincidence" :rolleyes: Only goes to show us that it really is a small World! :Laugh1: :Laugh1: :Laugh1:

GEE this is amazing! Within hours of the OP expressing his disgust over the T.R. (probably justified) you suddenly decide to join our community Then you "Discover" the accomodation forum, and lo & Behold there is a thread detailing a members dis-satisfaction at the very same guesthouse you claim to have had a similiar experience just a few weeks ago!

What a "Coincidence" :rolleyes: Only goes to show us that it really is a small World!

Maybe it isn't as odd as you think.

Remember this thread is in the Public Forum.

That means that anyone can see it and googling Travellers Rest or something may well fetch it up and bring you to PA.

Travellers Rest is very well punted re golf to get on page 1, but look HERE

I imagine it is quite common for people to discover Pattaya Addicts in this way and, if they find they have something to say on the subject they will need to register.

Hence a new BM joins and posts. :Think1: :Think1: :Think1: :Think1: :Think1:

I don't know if that applies in this case, but if so it seems churlish to have a snipe at a new member like that. :GoldenSmile1:

Maybe it isn't as odd as you think.

Remember this thread is in the Public Forum.

That means that anyone can see it and googling Travellers Rest or something may well fetch it up and bring you to PA.

Travellers Rest is very well punted re golf to get on page 1, but look HERE

I imagine it is quite common for people to discover Pattaya Addicts in this way and, if they find they have something to say on the subject they will need to register.

Hence a new BM joins and posts. :Think1: :Think1: :Think1: :Think1: :Think1:

I don't know if that applies in this case, but if so it seems churlish to have a snipe at a new member like that. :GoldenSmile1:

What the man said. I was looking for a junkie forum and landed here.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

This entire tirade is a one sided rant without a shred of proof being offered (not even bothered to involve the police ) or names of other Soi LKMetro businessmen who supposedly obtained opinions from these "Policemen"! There are MANY owners in LKMetro who are also longterm members of this forum and I find it strange that up to now they have offered no opinions on this situation!

I have stayed for 5+ years regularly on or near this Soi and NEVER heard any derogatory comments regarding this Brennan character! No good going to police about so called death "Threats" being issued as without witness/corroboration, an exercise in futility, and you'll never get these "Thai Thugs" to admit to anything!

The OP's 1st mistake was paying up front, and I find that in itself strange, given his years of experience in guesthouse stays in the very Soi, he must know that places change, and room quality also!

I have also never heard of these "Other people moving out", and would have imagined to as these forums are a mine of information if dissatisfaction is perceived in almost any establishment be it Hotel/Guesthouse or Bar etc!

I'm not saying that all that the OP has posted is not true, but find it rather alarming that it is allowed to continue without any checks, and I seriously doubt without proof then damage to his business will be minimal at worst! :Club_fight1: :Club_fight1: :Club_fight1:

I checked something!

A case of Pot, Kettle, Black????

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

@pepelepew

i dont pay barfines for gogo girls who have to go and get changed. However if i did, i would tell mamasan i want to barfine the said girl and only when we were leaving together would i pay my bin.

Wonderful world yours, but the real one doesn't work like that. Anyway I think you were being deliberately obtuse and actually understood my point perfectly!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

GEE this is amazing! Within hours of the OP expressing his disgust over the T.R. (probably justified) you suddenly decide to join our community :rolleyes: Then you "Discover" the accomodation forum, and lo & Behold there is a thread detailing a members dis-satisfaction at the very same guesthouse you claim to have had a similiar experience just a few weeks ago! :LMAO1: :LMAO1: :LMAO1:

What a "Coincidence" :rolleyes: Only goes to show us that it really is a small World! :Laugh1: :Laugh1: :Laugh1:

Sir, I have been reading Pattaya Addicts for a year but I am more of a lurker than a contributor. I have no reason to question your character so I would appreciate it is you would not assassinate mine. Thank you, sir.

Welcome to the board :Hello:

Interesting thread for sure.

Though I have no experience with this particular establishment, I always like to read about threads dealing with bad customer service experiences, but most importantly, read how the business owner responds to such allegations.

There are business owners here who are very quick to discuss allegations of bad service, whether a bar, restaurant, or other establishment. So I am awaiting to see if the owner will ever tell his side of the story as there are some scary incidents mentioned.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

i Havent read all replys so forgive me if ive repeated someone,

I would go find a beach rd girl who looks like she and her friends need somewhere to sleep.

i would sign her in as my gf and request the second key. then i would move my things out and tell the girl she has the room until so so date and to invite all her friends to come and party and wreck the joint if it can be as sounds a shit hole to me.

ok you may of lost cpl hundred euro but dont let it ruin your holiday, he who laughs last laughs longest.

if ever staying on soi LK my fav place is the Irish Rovers.

just my 5 cents worth .

fie dollah

sorry just read whole thing, your no longer there so my idea is out the window.

Good idea.

He seems to also be BM (you guessed it) Travellers Rest and hasn't logged in since 8th January 2010. Advanced Member with only 11 posts - joined 3/10/09.

A clearly close connection who does complimentary TRs etc is BM basthehoop who hasn't logged in since errrr 8th January 2011 joined 10/10/09.

Just a coincidence obviously. :Think1:

The post by sweet talking Moderator Millard HERE is funny.

I have only just been made aware of the attacks being made on the forum against the "Travellers Rest Hotel"

Mr Edge - you saw fit to bring my name in to this matter and as you have seen I do not post to this forum now and have not done so for some time and when I did it was usually regarding GOLF.

I am in no position to make comment nor would I without having the full facts before me.

But this seems to be what is being allowed to happen on the board without a shred of proper evidence.

Where are the moderators of this board? Why are they allowing this to continue.?

It is quite obvious that the instigator of the attack has some "personal axe" to grind and I also see he has also opened up another name contact "cum to fast" in an attempt to back up his claims.

Not something that strikes me as being very honest.

That action makes me ask serious questions as to the validity of his claims.

When I actually have the real facts I can then decide if I wish to comment further on the matter

I have only just been made aware of the attacks being made on the forum against the "Travellers Rest Hotel"

Mr Edge - you saw fit to bring my name in to this matter and as you have seen I do not post to this forum now and have not done so for some time and when I did it was usually regarding GOLF.

I am in no position to make comment nor would I without having the full facts before me.

But this seems to be what is being allowed to happen on the board without a shred of proper evidence.

Where are the moderators of this board? Why are they allowing this to continue.?

It is quite obvious that the instigator of the attack has some "personal axe" to grind and I also see he has also opened up another name contact "cum to fast" in an attempt to back up his claims.

Not something that strikes me as being very honest.

That action makes me ask serious questions as to the validity of his claims.

When I actually have the real facts I can then decide if I wish to comment further on the matter

Sir, I made no comments about your business ethics. My point was that your cleanliness standards at your hotel are very low. You may wish I was the same person that started this thread to discredit my comments but I am just a ordinary but DISSATISFIED customer of yours.

Sir, I made no comments about your business ethics. My point was that your cleanliness standards at your hotel are very low. You may wish I was the same person that started this thread to discredit my comments but I am just a ordinary but DISSATISFIED customer of yours.

You really should get your facts straight before you start typing next time.

Read this message IT IS NOT MY hotel and YOU ARE NOT MY CUSTOMER

I just happen to be a "Satisfied Customer of long standing" at the Travellers Rest.

IMHO what is being broadcast on this forum is a total fabrication of the truth.

But as I previously remarked I do not have all the facts to hand.

But when I do I will then make my feelings known in no uncertain terms.

Until then may I suggest yet again that you "read before you write"

Read this message IT IS NOT MY HOTEL and YOU ARE NOT MY CUSTOMER

I just happen to be a "Satisfied Customer of long standing" at the Travellers Rest.

I suspect that you have informed the owner that this thread is here. He is free to put his side of the story. Unfortunately, if he does not people will judge him and his business on what is posted in this thread. Silence is often perceived (rightly or wrongly) as an admission of guilt.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Well IMHO (actually I haven't got a humble one) that is nonsense.

I have had the misfortune to stay in one of the rooms and others have now spoken out.

As for "where are the Moderators?" as I have pointed out above, one of them suggested that "the place was garbage" in another thread.

Some posters were pointing out that this was one-sided and wondering why there was no response from the other side.

When I looked I saw that you were on the other side, albeit I accept in connection with the GOLF.

Since you were only involved in the GOLF it is perhaps possible that you haven't stayed in the rooms and are not in a position to comment either way.

Since you were only involved in the GOLF it is perhaps possible that you haven't stayed in the rooms and are not in a position to comment either way.

Simple answer to your last comment is

I have and I am. I simply do not believe the contents of the original thread and to publish photos is really going just to far.

Whether or not the owner of the hotel decides to respond on the forum is a matter for him not for me.

But they do say that you should be judged innocent until proven guilty.

Not the other way around.

But they do say that you should be judged innocent until proven guilty.

An admirable legal principle that should be upheld.

Sadly They also say 'no smoke without fire'. A regretable but understandable facet of human nature!

You brought up the court analogy.

We have heard the charge.

We have heard counsel and witness for the prosecution and defence.

We have yet to hear a plea!

Should the defendent remain silent it can only be taken that he does not accept the jurisdiction of the 'court'.

The jury should at this point be reminded that it is incumbant upon the prosecution to prove their case and no adverse inference should be drawn by the defendent's decision not to take the stand.

All rise!

RULES

1NQq.gif

Read this message IT IS NOT MY HOTEL and YOU ARE NOT MY CUSTOMER

My response to you was very polite. I called you "sir" and I was very respectful even though you intimated that I am a liar by. You have made unsubstantiated claim that I am the same person that started this thread.

Do you have "all the facts" to back up your claim that I am the same person that started this thread? Or did you just pull that claim out of the air because you don't like what I said?

You do not have "all the facts" about me yet you are creating "fabrications of the truth" about me. Please stop attacking me and making up lies about me. Please, sir. I am asking you very politely.

I promise....it won't kill you to be a nice person.

The Travelers Rest is dirty and has rodents (cockroaches and rats). I stand by that claim because I saw it with my own eyes and others on this board have made the same complaint.

My response to you was very polite. I called you "sir" and I was very respectful even though you intimated that I am a liar by. You have made unsubstantiated claim that I am the same person that started this thread.

Do you have "all the facts" to back up your claim that I am the same person that started this thread? Or did you just pull that claim out of the air because you don't like what I said?

You do not have "all the facts" about me yet you are creating "fabrications of the truth" about me. Please stop attacking me and making up lies about me. Please, sir. I am asking you very politely.

I promise....it won't kill you to be a nice person.

The Travelers Rest is dirty and has rodents (cockroaches and rats). I stand by that claim because I saw it with my own eyes and others on this board have made the same complaint.

My response is also polite!

You Sir (a capital letter S should always be used) are attempting to play Devils Advocate.

I really have no wish to get into a debate with you on this board or with you through Private Messaging.

You Sir are entitled to your opinion I am entitled to mine.

I apologise if I in anyway accused you of lying. That was never my intention.

I just find it very strange and coincidental (along with others I might add) that you suddenly pop up with your accusations at this time.

Did you attend to them at the time they reportedly happened? If so what was the outcome?

If not then I ask you to now please carefully consider having the courage to face the man you are accusing instead of hiding behind the anonimity of this forum.

They do say that "Actions speak far greater than Words".

Yep,better than watching thai soapies.

Simple answer to your last comment is

I have and I am. I simply do not believe the contents of the original thread and to publish photos is really going just to far.

In that case It's difficult to imagine that you are not aware of some of the alleged occurrences eg. either there are noisy renovations going on somewhere or not?

If there are and the OP moved to a small room, then most people would expect a partial refund.

It is from that alleged refusal that the rest of it has come to pass.

All rise!

Lol - :GoldenSmile1:

Archived