Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Traveller's Rest Hotel - A Warning

alessandro_no

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 05:00 AM here in Thailand as I write this.

Mr. Fergus Brennan just told me in person 'If I ever see you in Pattaya again I will have you killed".

Another memorable quote was, "you go to the forums and try to slander my good name and reputation".

I told hm what reputation? "Everyone I've spoken too says you're a bad guy."

So I'll rewind 30 minuttes.

I come home from Subway after a night out. I see Mr. Brennan sitting in the reception watching TV. As I walk in, his staff immediately walk out so I knew something was up. I go to my room and proceed to eat my sub chicken sub then someone knocks on my door.

It's Brennan with 4 thai thugs. He start screaming about how well connected he is and how I have 2 minuttes to pack my bags. He says he has my details, photos and all. I said "No worries I gave you all the details when I checked in".

Then he accused me of using the aircon too much and having the water running 24/7. One of his Thai thugs started yelling in Thai but he stopped ons I started packing my bags.

That's when Mr. Fergus Brennan threatened to kill me, something he also did as I walked out from the room.

Again I reiterate, this dude is insane and you should stay away from him and his guest house.

Tonight's events prove me right.

Theres a sighn in reception clearly stating NO FOOD TO BE TAKEN TO ROOMS!!

Fergus has always be a stickler for this rule :NoNo3:

It's 05:00 AM here in Thailand as I write this.

Mr. Fergus Brennan just told me in person 'If I ever see you in Pattaya again I will have you killed".

Result? So he has to refund then?

No, I thought not.

Did you ever try the Tourist Police?

Result? So he has to refund then?

No, I thought not.

Did you ever try the Tourist Police?

Haven't tried tourist police yet but seeing as he came with a death threat I will go to regular police tomorrow just to file a report. I will talk to them about how to proceed to get a refund.

Mr. Fergus Brennan was so furious that his face which is usually quite red, looked like a heinz ketchup bootle. Wish I had a tape recorder as he said a lot of funny things that he thought were mean.

Like how he had notified immigration and universities. Maybe he thinks I'm working in Thailand. I did attend university here as a student but have never been employed.

Exactly "what" I asked him "are you gonna tell immigration? that you stole your customers money and now you're angry at him coz he demanded you give it back?"

Mr. Fergus replied that "boy, I'm so connected you haven't got a clue".

Funny character this Mr. Brennan.

can i try to inject a bit of perspective? its easy to dwell on something when you have been wronged but in a few months time you will regret the time you spent on it over a few thousand baht .. its got to be putting a downer on your fun! i would turn your back on it at get back to enjoying yourself asap! you wont ever get those fun times back!! you can even feel like justice has already been done .. his business will be severely damaged by this thread!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

can i try to inject a bit of perspective? its easy to dwell on something when you have been wronged but in a few months time you will regret the time you spent on it over a few thousand baht .. its got to be putting a downer on your fun! i would turn your back on it at get back to enjoying yourself asap! you wont ever get those fun times back!! you can even feel like justice has already been done .. his business will be severely damaged by this thread!

You raise some good points mate, thanks for the good advice ;-)

As to his business being damaged by this thread, I don't think that's the case. There's such an abundance of tourists that come to Pattaya every day without doing research in boards such as this.

I'm not looking to damage his business as he's fully capable of doing that himself!

What' I'm trying to do is prevent fellow tourists from getting their holiday partially ruined by being scammed by this unscrupulous individual Mr. Fergus Brennan and his establishment The Traveller's Rest.

I have to agree with the poster above me....

This is YOUR holiday...enjoy it mate.

I really appreciate what you have told me about this place...I only happened to come upon this thread because I am currently looking for a place to stay in/around LK Metro.

Thank you for warning me off this place...it's now only the 2nd place in the entire Street that I have had bad reviews about.

I say...move out of that area and stay away from that Dick Head and just enjoy your remaining time in Pattaya...remember why you went there? The ladies????

I ran into a couple of dickheads (BM's) on my last trip....at the time I was REALLY pissed off with them BUT then I remembered...this is MY holiday and I will not let their stupid comments or selfishness ruin MY holiday. Pattaya is a pretty big place and you can easily avoid wankers like that.

Remember you are in Pattaya, Thailand....adult Disneyland......enjoy YOUR holiday.

The next report I would like to hear from you is about picking up a beautiful spinner. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Well, you certainly rattled his cage, fair play to you for doing something to get back at him after he refused to treat a paying guest with respect and sort a compromise.

I would think your post and warning of his establishment may well have ripples long reaching into the fast approaching low season and the few baht he gained off you could be lost 10 fold, with 40,000 worldwide members and many of those being asked for advice by pre- trip first timers it's not a stain I would want on my business in Pattaya if I had one.

A visit to the BIB would be my next move, death threats in the UK can normally be dissmissed as bollocks, it's the silent enemies that need to be feared but Pattaya is a another thing, to many yaba heads needing money to take it lightly.

Stay safe, thanks for the heads up.

This entire tirade is a one sided rant without a shred of proof being offered (not even bothered to involve the police ) or names of other Soi LKMetro businessmen who supposedly obtained opinions from these "Policemen"! There are MANY owners in LKMetro who are also longterm members of this forum and I find it strange that up to now they have offered no opinions on this situation!

I have stayed for 5+ years regularly on or near this Soi and NEVER heard any derogatory comments regarding this Brennan character! No good going to police about so called death "Threats" being issued as without witness/corroboration, an exercise in futility, and you'll never get these "Thai Thugs" to admit to anything!

The OP's 1st mistake was paying up front, and I find that in itself strange, given his years of experience in guesthouse stays in the very Soi, he must know that places change, and room quality also!

I have also never heard of these "Other people moving out", and would have imagined to as these forums are a mine of information if dissatisfaction is perceived in almost any establishment be it Hotel/Guesthouse or Bar etc!

I'm not saying that all that the OP has posted is not true, but find it rather alarming that it is allowed to continue without any checks, and I seriously doubt without proof then damage to his business will be minimal at worst! :Club_fight1: :Club_fight1: :Club_fight1:

Not the best review of a guest house I've ever read!

Love how whenever there is trouble in Patts someone is 'connected'!! I find anywhere in Thailand anyone is as 'connected' as they are prepared to afford. From 1k baht up!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

How exactly can anyone prove or check what has been reported? This is the same problem that the OP faces if he wants to complain to the Police: he can't prove anything.

In the West it is usually assumed that the customer is always right and that people dont complain for no reason. Most decent establishments, rather than have hassle with complaints or bad publicity, would just give a full refund for the unused part of the booking if someone complains. Especially establishments that are "fully booked all year" and who can fill the vacancy in minutes, one imagines. The owner of the Traveller's Rest has this option also. He should take it.

Theres a sighn in reception clearly stating NO FOOD TO BE TAKEN TO ROOMS!!

Fergus has always be a stickler for this rule :NoNo3:

Really? Amazing.

I would NEVER stay in any place that had such a rule, especially not a fleapit in a Pattaya bar soi.

I bring my banana pancake back to my room every evening, and often bring Thai street meals back to eat in comfort. No one is ever going to tell me not to do that.

I had a similar experience in a Soi LK Metro guest house a long time ago. It didn't get as serious as this but it was also caused by someone running a guest house who shouldn't have been. The reason it didn't get serious was that I hadn't paid in advance. I have never paid in advance for any accommodation on that Soi. Maybe he has a good reason for demanding payment before the stay...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Too funny this board member whom keeps demanding proof. Is this a court of law? I'm just writing the story as a warning to others. If I had a video of the preceding events I'd obviously have posted it on youtube by now.

You can chose to believe it or not like with anything else you read on the internet. It's the year 2011 and the internet's been around since the 90's. You still haven't figured that out?

So whenever you have conversations with people in bars or at work and they tell you, "Oh, last night was so hot", you proceed to ask them for proof of their statement? ;-)

In the West it is usually assumed that the customer is always right and that people dont complain for no reason. Most decent establishments, rather than have hassle with complaints or bad publicity, would just give a full refund for the unused part of the booking if someone complains. Especially establishments that are "fully booked all year" and who can fill the vacancy in minutes, one imagines. The owner of the Traveller's Rest has this option also. He should take it.

We are not in the "WEST" and nowadays it's the exception rather than the rule that refunds are given in a Pattaya Hotel/Guesthouse! The OP contracted a Monthly price and accepted the far cheaper rate, therefore in all likelihood caused the owner (since rooms are scarce around this time)to forgo the chance of a shorter let at a far more lucrative rate. :GoldenSmile1:

This entire tirade is a one sided rant without a shred of proof being offered (not even bothered to involve the police )............

No good going to police about so called death "Threats" ..............

I have also never heard of these "Other people moving out", ..............

Are you saying go to the BiB or not - unclear.

I've said go to the Tourist Police but personally I wouldn't bother.

Although it's 4 years ago (as I posted) when I evacuated asap, unless someone can tell me there's been a major overhaul in that time, it can only be 4 years the worse. I didn't even want to take a BG back there.

Really? Amazing.

I would NEVER stay in any place that had such a rule, especially not a fleapit in a Pattaya bar soi.

I bring my banana pancake back to my room every evening, and often bring Thai street meals back to eat in comfort. No one is ever going to tell me not to do that.

There is a conflict there, as a lot of us don't like sharing the room with the Cockroaches you've been feeding. :Circle_Sharks:

.............. Maybe he has a good reason for demanding payment before the stay...lol

Twice in 24 hours I have to agree with you - wtf is going on? :Circle_Sharks:

Are you saying go to the BiB or not - unclear.

I've said go to the Tourist Police but personally I wouldn't bother.

Although it's 4 years ago (as I posted) when I evacuated asap, unless someone can tell me there's been a major overhaul in that time, it can only be 4 years the worse. I didn't even want to take a BG back there.

There is a conflict there, as a lot of us don't like sharing the room with the Cockroaches you've been feeding. :Circle_Sharks:

Twice in 24 hours I have to agree with you - wtf is going on? :Circle_Sharks:

I can assure you no renovations have been made as the rooms and the reception look old and dirty. As I stated earlier there are rats in the kitchen and cockroaches in the rooms.

I hope the person that has such a hard time believing my simple story tries to stay there himself ;-)

Too funny this board member whom keeps demanding proof. Is this a court of law? I'm just writing the story as a warning to others. If I had a video of the preceding events I'd obviously have posted it on youtube by now.

You can chose to believe it or not like with anything else you read on the internet. It's the year 2011 and the internet's been around since the 90's. You still haven't figured that out?

So whenever you have conversations with people in bars or at work and they tell you, "Oh, last night was so hot", you proceed to ask them for proof of their statement? ;-)

EXACTLY MY POINT, members should not BELIEVE everything they read on the internet! No need to get "Testy",your point about discussions in bars is stupid and pales alongside the damage you are attempting to do to this business, and I'm by no means "Funny" as you put it!

Members in the end will make up their own minds as regards the accuracy of your report, as I have,but in the absence of any opinion from the other side, I for 1 remain sceptical and think there is far more your not telling us! :Dunno:

True, however I doubt there is a single room in Pattaya that hasn't seen a cok'a'roch (scarface) from a 300b fleapit right up to a 5k baht pe nthouse. The issue is cleanlyness and tidyness. Don't leave food out, put it in the fridge. If you are binning it bag it up tightly first. Banning food from the rooms does seem a bit CDO (OCD in alphabetical order :D)

A lot of guest houses also have a little seating area seemingly put there to accomodate a little snack. Finally this place doesn't seem very guest friendly as I believe most TGs explode if they don't eat something every hour!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

EXACTLY MY POINT, members should not BELIEVE everything they read on the internet! No need to get "Testy",your point about discussions in bars is stupid and pales alongside the damage you are attempting to do to this business, and I'm by no means "Funny" as you put it!

Members in the end will make up their own minds as regards the accuracy of your report, as I have,but in the absence of any opinion from the other side, I for 1 remain sceptical and think there is far more your not telling us! :Dunno:

To be fair that wasn't 'Exactly your point'. Your point was 'Where is the proof'. The OP pointed out this was the internet therefore the OPs point about discussions in bars was a valid analogy.

As you say members will make up their own minds. I don't take anything I read on here as gospel. I look forward to hearing any opposite opinions of this guest house if there are any. This board attracts many positive reviews of establishments that offer consistent good service. In comparison (and a rarity in my view) it attracts few negative posts such as this one. If the OP is talking bollox I suspect this thread will be inundated with BMs who can thoroughly recommend staying there and are happy to vouch for the place. Of course the opposite holds true as well.

RULES

1NQq.gif

I agree with you, it's hard to believe anyone can be as dumb as this Mr. Brennan.

But the truth is that Mr. Brennan is a stubborn old man who thought he could ripp off his customers with impunity.

Well, he thought wrong.

He may have gotten away with it on most previous occasions but not anymore. My work is complete, you've been warned.

I'm gonna go back to focusing on what I do 99% of the time here in Pattaya, enjoy life :-)

.................. in the absence of any opinion from the other side, I for 1 remain sceptical and think there is far more your not telling us! :Dunno:

I take it you choose to discount both of my posts here - no worries, lots of people put me on 'ignore'. :Circle_Sharks:

To be fair that wasn't 'Exactly your point'. Your point was 'Where is the proof'. The OP pointed out this was the internet therefore the OPs point about discussions in bars was a valid analogy.

As you say members will make up their own minds. I don't take anything I read on here as gospel. I look forward to hearing any opposite opinions of this guest house if there are any. This board attracts many positive reviews of establishments that offer consistent good service. In comparison (and a rarity in my view) it attracts few negative posts such as this one. If the OP is talking bollox I suspect this thread will be inundated with BMs who can thoroughly recommend staying there and are happy to vouch for the place. Of course the opposite holds true as well.

A very valid point, especially since Brennan is by now well aware of what is being said here, so where is the response?

Also, there must be BMs who have stayed there. If there was another side to this i.e. if it was really a good hotel run by a respectable businessman wouldn't someone have said so? Maybe they're just ashamed that they put up with it or just let it pass and wrote it off without going to the trouble the OP has gone to.

As the only one posting here (so far) who has had the misfortune to stay there, my inclination is to believe every word the OP has said.

Any volunteers to go take a look and take some pics?

Not the best review of a guest house I've ever read!

Love how whenever there is trouble in Patts someone is 'connected'!! I find anywhere in Thailand anyone is as 'connected' as they are prepared to afford. From 1k baht up!

I find that funny too. Those that really are connected usually don't feel the need to brag about it. I laughed when he said it too. From the looks of his old Toyota that he's driving around everyday I'd say it's 1k Baht down :GoldenSmile1:

Archived